• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offline vs Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What's better than an apology is saying nothing at all. :/

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Which one? The fact that moving someplace only because your* local area is "sane" and doesn't play Smash Bros, let alone Video Games in general, or the fact that starting a Smash Scene is just out of the question for me because I have the organization skills of a junkyard manager.
Both of them. Because I'd like to see your reason why it's 'dumb', if that's how you think of it.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Both of them. Because I'd like to see your reason why it's 'dumb', if that's how you think of it.
Only the first is "dumb". Why? I have more important things about moving other then Smash Bros. You know, like the attitude of the state I'm moving to, or the weather, or how am I gonna find a Job/School, or what if the housing market is garbage, or there's something else that doesn't make someplace feel like home?

Oh, wait. All the folks here are dumb enough to move because people don't play a certain video game you like... Ugh...

As for making a Smash Scene myself, I hardly believe someplace like a game store or a cafeteria will rent space to someone under 18...

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Only the first is "dumb". Why? I have more important things about moving other then Smash Bros. You know, like the attitude of the state I'm moving to, or the weather, or how am I gonna find a Job/School, or what if the housing market is garbage, or there's something else that doesn't make someplace feel like home?

Oh, wait. All the folks here are dumb enough to move because people don't play a certain video game you like... Ugh...
Sure those are good reasons, but believe it or not, going to a smash scene is one of them, even if it is dumb.
And as for education and etc., he has to decide and find a way out for themselves.
He's not old enough though, so he'll just have to wait it out.

As for making a Smash Scene myself, I hardly believe someplace like a game store or a cafeteria will rent space to someone under 18...
True, but being accompanied by an adult or guardian will sure help fix that problem.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Sure those are good reasons, but believe it or not, going to a smash scene is one of them, even if it is dumb.
And as for education and etc., he has to decide and find a way out for themselves.

True, but being accompanied by an adult or guardian will sure help fix that problem.
Yeah near future I will go to your tournaments. :o umm... thank's guys for understanding<3 it's still gonna be boring though<.< Only if I play like Will or Salem then that be a blast(:

.................... STILL CAMP THOUGH

:phone:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
But then you'd judge me and think that I was doing it on purpose...
There is no need to be so overly insecure, people aren't constantly trying to judge you.

Most of the time people just don't give a ****. And that is the most beautiful thing ever.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
There is no need to be so overly insecure, people aren't constantly trying to judge you.

Most of the time people just don't give a ****. And that is the most beautiful thing ever.
+5 Respect Points from me... That should cover up the little incident we had but nevermind that... Please.

IMO I would only move if most or all the below critica were met:

1. The State I live in has become too dangerous for me to continue living in comfortably
  2. The State I live in has no career opportunities I would willingly pursue
  3. The house I live in no longer meets it's expectations
  4. The State I live in is being overrun by a Disease/Disorder/Tumor/Cancer/Stupidity, or any other negative and contagious aliment
  5. The State I live in no longer has a negative influence on me
  6. The State I live in does not have enough people who like video games that are Kid-Friendly but are entertaining to adults as well (example: Portal 2, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros.) for my liking
  7. The State I live in has no relatives of mine
  8. I am in an emotional crisis

The only thing close to a lack of a Smash Scene is #6, but if I moved only because of #6, I would kill myself for being that obsessed with Gaming...

Not if my parent is the pure definition of "I don't play video games" who could not understand how to run a tourney if her life depended on it (That isn't an insult to her, though. She's still a good parent regardless).

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
+5 Respect Points from me... That should cover up the little incident we had but never mind that... Please.

IMO I would only move if most or all the below critica were met:

1. The State I live in has become too dangerous for me to continue living in comfortably
  2. The State I live in has no career opportunities I would willingly pursue
  3. The house I live in no longer meets it's expectations
  4. The State I live in is being overrun by a Disease/Disorder/Tumor/Cancer/Stupidity, or any other negative and contagious aliment
  5. The State I live in no longer has a negative influence on me
  6. The State I live in does not have enough people who like video games that are Kid-Friendly but are entertaining to adults as well (example: Portal 2, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros.) for my liking
  7. The State I live in has no relatives of mine
  8. I am in an emotional crisis

The only thing close to a lack of a Smash Scene is #6, but if I moved only because of #6, I would kill myself for being that obsessed with Gaming...

Not if my parent is the pure definition of "I don't play video games" who could not understand how to run a tourney if her life depended on it (That isn't an insult to her, though. She's still a good parent regardless).
Oh yay another thing... Sol already said it, but It's true. My parents hate it when I play video games. They say it's ruining my life. That I shouldn't waste my time on it. I am studying on computers, and once I get to college I'll start that. Now me, and person are gonna start smash here. Once more, but forever and ever:D
He liked the idea, but I'll most no doubt attend your interesting atmosphere.
Don't get me wrong their AMAZING PARENTS, but they don't understand how I love video games. I should hurry up, and give them grand kids.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Oh yay another thing... Sol already said it, but It's true. My parents hate it when I play video games. They say it's ruining my life. That I shouldn't waste my time on it. I am studying on computers, and once I get to college I'll start that. Now me, and person are gonna start smash here. Once more, but forever and ever:D
He liked the idea, but I'll most no doubt attend your interesting atmosphere.
Don't get me wrong their AMAZING PARENTS, but they don't understand how I love video games. I should hurry up, and give them grand kids.
You sound like me except for that last comment...

OMZWERETWINSIKNEWIT--!

*Gunshot*

Sniper said:
Not so smart with your brains outside your head, now, are ya?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Do it in a chat were non-nonsensical talking and irrelevant topics go. This is a useless blog and has strayed away from the main topic, offline vs online though I wager that a discussion between the two was hardly the intent of GYK.

Save for a few good and enlightening posts, it's been a cluster**** of spam.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Do it in a chat were non-nonsensical talking and irrelevant topics go. This is a useless blog and has strayed away from the main topic, offline vs online though I wager that a discussion between the two was hardly the intent of GYK.

Save for a few good and enlightening posts, it's been a cluster**** of spam.
Where do I find a chat?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I think offline is much better than playing online,but my terrible location prevents me for playing offline with alot of players D:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I think offline is much better than playing online,but my terrible location prevents me for playing offline with alot of players D:
Offline is so much better. I have COMPLETE CONTROL WITH YOSHI. I can do my moves without getting sacred if it will lag. Same here no brawl in my location as well):

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I can control Yoshi online,but sometimes when I try to pivot grab,my char gives a upsmash D:

I suffer when I using Lucas and that happens D:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
People are done already):

Mmk I'll make a better legit blog.

Hi Gwjumpman(:

Don't make a better blog, just don't make one. I'm understanding why you were kicked out of AiB if that was the case.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Don't make a better blog, just don't make one. I'm understanding why you were kicked out of AiB if that was the case.
... YOU ABSOLUTELY DON'T HAVE A CLUE.
WHY ARE YOU BACK HERE IF YOU DON'T WANNA BE HERE.

EDIT: allisbrawl was TRASH anyway. The only good challenge was mk lag matches.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
why are so many people complaining about this specific blog? the UB is pretty much "crap posting central". i can't wait to get out of this thread and go purview one of the dozen SSB4 AWESOME ROSTER DISCUSSION threads on the first page of UB. why not complain about the nature of the room in general or the moderation or whatever? yelling at GYK is not a path to improvement.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The PK brothers are just unplayable online because of how their Up Special works.. it never fails to screw me over.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
why are so many people complaining about this specific blog? the UB is pretty much "crap posting central". i can't wait to get out of this thread and go purview one of the dozen SSB4 AWESOME ROSTER DISCUSSION threads on the first page of UB. why not complain about the nature of the room in general or the moderation or whatever? yelling at GYK is not a path to improvement.
It's just that this one is so much worse than the usual around here. Usually the bad ones are funny too, but this one stopped being funny a while ago.

edit: Ok, now I'm good.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Because admitting your own ineptitude is not egotistical.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Offline will always be better.

But online is too slept on with a lot of games in general. If something goes wrong even the best of players will put the blame on lag exclusively. It's different when there's so much lag that anything that happens in the match isn't fair to both players.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ness and Lucas aren´t brothers 0_0
Oops, I guess when I was typing that I only thinking in the sense that they are the two Earthbound kids in Smash. XD

Even a little lag can mess up a match, that is why I simply don't play online. That and the taunt parties. And the poor online set-up.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Offline will always be better.

But online is too slept on with a lot of games in general. If something goes wrong even the best of players will put the blame on lag exclusively. It's different when there's so much lag that anything that happens in the match isn't fair to both players.
Online just gives you experience with matches, and you also play those same people online. So when you play them offline you won't be nervous or sacred. You'll be ready.
Also their won't be lag as well. You will have COMPLETE CONTROL OVER YOUR CHARACTER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom