• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offline vs Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Playing online will actually degrade your control of your character because it will degrade your control in general. Cause your timing will be off.
But yes online is good for MU practice and for experience in general IF you're playing people that are good.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I think playing online with good players is better than playing offline with CPUs...

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Doesn't M2K play offline against CPUs instead of online when he doesn't have a practice partner IRL?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I doubt that, he'd gather a lot of bad habits that would ruin him in player matches. That is generally what happens to me, I only had my brother to practice with generally and he was hardly better than a level 9 CPU so I practiced against them every so often. As a result sometimes I'd have Olimar use smash attacks and hope players run into my pikmin. XD Hoping SSB4 has great online so I can play only players..

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
M2K does practice offline with CPUs, he practices against lvl 3 Snakes. It's mostly so he can practice his execution.
I thought this was common knowledge XD

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well, most people on here don't really play Smash much/anymore, and thus don't care a whole lot about the competitive scene and what these people do during their spare time. o-o

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yeah, like he said, I thought it was common knowledge. I think he said that he does it just so he gets down the muscle memory on his combos and stuff like that.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I play with Cpu's, but not to lean from them. I play them just to get my flow going. btw Cpu's have the greatest power shield's you can ever see. I use yoshi so when I want to learn how Cpu's shield with yoshi I do the exact same thing.

Yoshi has a power shield but, you need to shield around 2frames earlier. My point is cpu's can actually help you. Of course their DI is trash,but sometimes they can DI. Cpu's learn from you. Whatever you do they do, but not every time they use it like we do, because their a computer designed to do various things. Not like us how we just do smash's and, use safe options.
My cpu yoshi can do flashy stuff, because of me(:

btw. Good players are people that know what to do when their in a hole. How they use their move's in the most effective way. Seriously this pro thing is stupid. Their are many out their that have exposed their character's use in a whole other way. Either way a pro is a pro. Right?

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
btw. Good players are people that know what to do when their in a hole. How they use their move's in the most effective way. Seriously this pro thing is stupid. Their are many out their that have exposed their character's use in a whole other way. Either way a pro is a pro. Right?

yes a Pro is a Pro, and you are not a Pro.. nor am I, you won't get much better with that attitude child

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I play with Cpu's, but not to lean from them. I play them just to get my flow going. btw Cpu's have the greatest power shield's you can ever see. I use yoshi so when I want to learn how Cpu's shield with yoshi I do the exact same thing.

Yoshi has a power shield but, you need to shield around 2frames earlier. My point is cpu's can actually help you. Of course their DI is trash,but sometimes they can DI. Cpu's learn from you. Whatever you do they do, but not every time they use it like we do, because their a computer designed to do various things. Not like us how we just do smash's and, use safe options.
My cpu yoshi can do flashy stuff, because of me(:

Yoshi player :D

EDIT: yeah,I quoted all this only to say that :awesome:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Google tradutor can´t help me with this word...

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
yes a Pro is a Pro, and you are not a Pro.. nor am I, you won't get much better with that attitude child
Relax dude xD yeah I'm not a pro. I'm a ENTERTAINING YOSHI MAIN. That's good enough for me

:D YOSHI<3

xD yeah google can't read words like those:3

EDIT: Lol pro's xD camp camp camp:3 going to tournaments doesn't prove much. It only proves that you beat the players at that tournament. NOT ALL PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE. xD oh I'm gonna get dogged real badly for saying that. ...

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
Relax dude xD yeah I'm not a pro. I'm a ENTERTAINING YOSHI MAIN. That's good enough for me

:D YOSHI<3

xD yeah google can't read words like those:3

EDIT: Lol pro's xD camp camp camp:3 going to tournaments doesn't prove much. It only proves that you beat the players at that tournament. NOT ALL PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE. xD oh I'm gonna get dogged real badly for saying that. ...
And beating computers doesn't mean anything, my roommate plays yoshi really well, and playing computers just makes you underestimate people. And Pros do not camp lol, they techskill around the map and ur jealous. And beating people at a tourney says WAYYYYY WAYY WAYY WAYY WAYYYYYYY MORE then beating a computer. I'm gonna watch ur youtube vids to see if your even good lol, for some reason I highly doubt it

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
He don´t need to be a good player to have my respect.

He already mains Yoshi. :awesome:

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
And beating computers doesn't mean anything, my roommate plays yoshi really well, and playing computers just makes you underestimate people. And Pros do not camp lol, they techskill around the map and ur jealous. And beating people at a tourney says WAYYYYY WAYY WAYY WAYY WAYYYYYYY MORE then beating a computer. I'm gonna watch ur youtube vids to see if your even good lol, for some reason I highly doubt it

This is the elitism that needs to stop...

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Uh huh... A FOOL IS A FOOL! Like i said dude. I play cpu's just to get my flow going. Pro's don't have tech skill lmo xD only Ally, and some others like. Kirin, and uh many more ... ROFL XD

ps. Nario plays cpu's hmm... I'd doubt you'd **** me, but if laggy then yes. I will make sure to block you from commenting on my video. Your very rude!

Lol good xD to play yoshi you need two things. Throw eggs, and pivot grab. If you want to add your own style then going ahead, but if you don't. Then play like the play you play yoshi. EGGS, GRABS, AND USMASH

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I play with Cpu's, but not to leanfrom them.
And beating computers doesn't mean anything
This is what happens when people make buttmad posts. They just go on a meaningless rampage about something they actually agree on, just because they missed the point of part of a post.

This is the elitism that needs to stop...
No, bad spelling needs to stop.

Oh, and any kind of casual player *******ery.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The frustration would stop if you just blocked GYK and Sol9000 like I did. It makes this thread much more manageable.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Blocking them would just make me paranoid about the ****storm I would be oblivious to.

Besides, ****storms like this are somewhat entertaining.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
to play yoshi you need two things. Throw eggs, and pivot grab. If you want to add your own style then going ahead, but if you don't. Then play like the play you play yoshi. EGGS, GRABS, AND USMASH
What? D:

Yoshi have more things than that.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
To fox whatever get lost

To gnw get lost

To the fellow yoshi main. Yes I know he has more things, and creativity.

EDIT: I ALSO WOUNDER IF I CAN BLOCK YOU SOB'S FROM BLOGS.

Btw. I also wounder why SuNny is back as well? I'm not mad, but curious on why you would come back here, when you have the Yoshi Boards to go to.

If your trying to get me mad which you suck chicken balls at it. Just get lost, and go troll some other blogs. Thank You

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Because its entertaining of course~

Hup. And I hardly go to the yoshi boards. haven't even mained the guy for a year, now that he can't be used in low tiers. I stop by every once in a blue moon to check up on everyone....

and to remind em who's character poops on who. :3

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

*Un-subs this thread*
D: That's mean):

@SuNny I know I can make pretty much anything. ... Interesting. I took all my rage from aib so I'm just chill laid back GYK. Your something dude... I'll tell ya that.

You know what I don't know why, but I feel like doing a friendly wifi match. I just want to see how you play. Nothing rude or immature, but someday I'll MM all you Yoshi mains:3 take care to ALL YOSHI MAINS!!

:phone:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ooooooh snap!
The call out!

This too will be interesting. I actually do believe your pretty legit from what i've heard. Alright! I except your challenge then. Contact me whenever i'm on we'll see how much wifi warriors have to offer. ;3 btw. Crossing my fingers that you post the results in the yoshi thread for each match. Atleast that'll make the yoshi boards a lil more lively.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The problem with this blog is that you (GYK) started off attacking tournament goers as if their mindset were those of the types who judge others who do not or cannot attend offline tournaments. It's okay to complain about the fact that you have/had no means of going to one yourself and ask for help in getting into a tourney, but you can't just bash people from the word "go". Negativity begets negativity, hence some of the trolls/pseudo-trolls.

Also, if setting up your own tourney ends up not working out as well as you hope it will, there's always the option of saving up some money for travel. If that becomes an issue, try to get friends to take a road trip via carpool. If that's an issue, then just forget about competitive play, enjoy Brawl for what it is, and wait until Smash 4 where the online will (hopefully) be stable enough to run online tourneys good enough to match offline tourneys. Seems like a fair thing, no?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
To fox whatever get lost

To gnw get lost

To the fellow yoshi main. Yes I know he has more things, and creativity.

EDIT: I ALSO WOUNDER IF I CAN BLOCK YOU SOB'S FROM BLOGS.

Btw. I also wounder why SuNny is back as well? I'm not mad, but curious on why you would come back here, when you have the Yoshi Boards to go to.

If your trying to get me mad which you suck chicken balls at it. Just get lost, and go troll some other blogs. Thank You
Yoshi sucks ****.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Next time I see a trollface, I am infracting someone, and I will hunt you across every ****ing board, monitor every post, and infract every possible violation until you are banned.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Also, if setting up your own tourney ends up not working out as well as you hope it will, there's always the option of saving up some money for travel. If that becomes an issue, try to get friends to take a road trip via carpool. If that's an issue, then just forget about competitive play, enjoy Brawl for what it is, and wait until Smash 4 where the online will (hopefully) be stable enough to run online tourneys good enough to match offline tourneys. Seems like a fair thing, no?
I think nintendo already know that ssb4 needs a better internet connection than Brawl.

So,I have hope I will be able to play decently at Wi-Fi :awesome:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Next time I see a trollface, I am infracting someone, and I will hunt you across every ****ing board, monitor every post, and infract every possible violation until you are banned.
... *Hinds and locks the doors*

XD SuNny I just want to play ya. That's all:3 I'm not going to bash you man :o
My yoshi is just all flash, and somewhat okay. I hope your connection is legit dude. I really hope so! Cause if not <.< ...

@Sol Diviner Yeah I understand man, but you guys were bashing me before I knew anything from the brawl world. All I wanted was play brawl, and well yeah. I'd say the first one to start bashing me and revivaling GYK is ...

:phone:

EDIT: You want me to post huh. Listen Sunny you guys aren't very good at saying this GYK comeback, but lose your temper.

Lemme Raptor said it... Figures. Burnt... I just couldn't take seriously from that lag... Anyway looking forward to it. I'll save the replay. ...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I couldn't understand that entire last paragraph dude.
And sure, but I ain't going full yoshi. Lucario's my main dude~ =w= You ok with that? Lucario kinda wrecks yoshi though...

Sent you a PM. Ready when you are dude. =w= best 2 outta 3 sound good? I gotta hurry this up, since I still got school work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom