• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offline vs Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I couldn't think of any reason as to why anyone would want to play an online tourney. The lag just makes everything unbearable and not fun to play at all. Offline is just better since you don't have to worry about lag causing you trouble to the flow of your gameplay.

Trust me, it always sucks to go from offline to online. Each tourney style has their pros and cons, but offline is just a preference of mine.

Also, GYK, try not to double post so much.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
i'd post one of the generic popcorn gif's right now but i'm too lazy....

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I couldn't think of any reason as to why anyone would want to play an online tourney. The lag just makes everything unbearable and not fun to play at all. Offline is just better since you don't have to worry about lag causing you trouble to the flow of your gameplay.

Trust me, it always sucks to go from offline to online. Each tourney style has their pros and cons, but offline is just a preference of mine.

Also, GYK, try not to double post so much.
Another decent fellow(: I really need to stop bashing you guys, when your decent people to talk to. Not like aib. Thanks, but I know that. I always suck on being having a flow on wifi. I usaully play friends, but that's about it.

:phone:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
But I love bacon): I eat almost everyday:3

....you made me all hungry ****. Thanks a lot : /

Bacon ****in' wrapped scallops are legit!

EDIT: Anyways, seriously dude. Sometimes you gotta take a chill pill and let haters hate. I've been on forums since you were a wee baby and your types always go out in a poof of smoke. ::smokesacig::

As for online and offline, take the iniative and set out to make/restore the SSB community in your area. Make it happin', captain. It seems like you have a drive to do it so take all that pent up energy and put it forth to making getting a offline tourny in your area

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
....you made me all hungry ****. Thanks a lot : /

Bacon ****in' wrapped scallops are legit

EDIT: Anyways, seriously dude. Sometimes you gotta take a chill pill and let haters hate. I've been on forums since you were a wee baby and your types always go out in a poof of smoke. ::smokesacig::

As for online and offline, take the iniative and set out to make/restore the SSB community in your area. Make it happin', captain. It seems like you have a drive to do it so take all that pent up energy and put it forth to making getting a offline tourny in your area

Yeah well. It's complex than that. I never did what I did before you guys. Keep bashing me, and telling wifi is trash. All I wanted was to play brawl. That's it.

Dam... I double posted. I really got to get use to that rule.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
People are bashing you for your immature comments. Not because you are favoring online over offline. In fact, people are replying about the offline vs online part in a clam and collected manner. They are just bashing your immaturity in your posts. You come off as very immature and irrational in your posts.

Your entire first post is threatening, critical, abrasive, and extremely immature. As well, judging from most of your posts I have seen, it only furthers people's perceptions that anything you say has no intellectual/discussional value whatsoever.

Just sayin'.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
People are bashing you for your immature comments. Not because you are favoring online over offline. In fact, people are replying about the offline vs online part in a clam and collected manner. They are just bashing your immaturity in your posts. You come off as very immature and irrational in your posts.

Your entire first post is threatening, critical, abrasive, and extremely immature. As well, judging from most of your posts I have seen, it only furthers people's perceptions that anything you say has no intellectual/discussional value whatsoever.

Just sayin'.
Not just that. It all started when I started losing my patience with Aib

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So on a serious note, online players on average are worse than offline players. The main reason is that when you're playing with nothing on the line, you don't usually give 100% (intentional or not) because if you lose, nothing bad happens. In offline tournaments, if you just **** around during your sets in pools you might not make it out of pools, and if there's no amateur bracket then you're pretty much done. The rest of the tournament is going to go on for another 6+ hours and all you can do is watch others play/play friendlies with the scrubs that didn't make it out of pools.
Or, even worse, if there aren't any pools, you only have to lose 2 sets to be in the same situation as the one I described above. Nobody wants to pay $10-20 (venue fee + singles fee) for 2 sets, followed by scrub friendlies.
And, of course, once you break top 8/top6, there's even MORE money on the line.

It's the same story with offline friendlies, even though I feel like I'm giving 100%, I know I'm not, because when I play some people in friendlies and then play the same people in bracket, I do much better in bracket.
This is one of the reasons people have money matches. You might just think people only do them because they want to make money, but it's also a way to have a serious set with someone, because neither player wants to LOSE their money.

Other reasons online players are worse include being generally younger (I think this is fair to assume), lag which results in bad reaction time, and (I'm just speculating on this one) wifi players don't play as 'gay' as offline players do. I imagine they're much more aggressive.

Don't let this discourage you, though; everyone has potential. Not all wifi players are bad (ADHD, Ally, Salem, etc) and there's always room for improvement. But...yeah generally players that have never been to a tournament yet and have only been playing online are terrible, even though there are exceptions.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Trolled so hard.

Also, if your scene is dead and you only play online, chances are you AREN'T as good as the medium-high level tournament players.
Hmm... You sure about that?

Also nice avi(:

EDIT: Not just that. I still need to finish school. Plus my parents have a food place. So I'm usaully busy, but I will no doubt make Brawl alive here in bako

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yeah, I'm sure about it. I got into smash after months of playing only online. I have friends who did the same thing. I've seen people post about it. It's fairly common knowledge.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah, I'm sure about it. I got into smash after months of playing only online. I have friends who did the same thing. I've seen people post about it. It's fairly common knowledge.
Well there's one way to find out. I know easy by fact that I'm gonna be a speed demon with Yoshi. Easlly

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Is that so? Well, you better get to a tournament then.
My reasons: Parents wouldn't let me go, even if my GPA is a 4.0

They also hate video games, and say it to me. Why are you wasting your time with a video game. So I obey, and don't ask anymore questions.

Btw. They would never let me go.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Then there's no point claiming you'd be such a good IRL Yoshi if there's no chance of that happening.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I wish Luigitoilet could have locked this thread like a responsible staff member instead of make that immature comment. This conversation is going in circles.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I was not trolling.
Yeah sorry man. I'm just use to the fact that all of you are the same. I already wrote a blog about how decent people you guys are. If I ever go to a tournament I'd love to meet ya. Your the first decent civilized dude I'm seen. Thank's for giving me hope that there are decent people in the brawl world.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
For once, I agree with drew.

Instead of the lock though, since I don't see any flaming and trolling.
Why do you want to lock it<.< What's bad about it. I just anwser whatever the heck you write. That's how friendly I truely am.

Drew why don't you just ask me what's on your mind. Example GYK why do you hate on american yoshi's so much? Or whatever.

DAMMMMM!!!!!! ... I double posted<.<

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
My reasons: Parents wouldn't let me go, even if my GPA is a 4.0

They also hate video games, and say it to me. Why are you wasting your time with a video game. So I obey, and don't ask anymore questions.

Btw. They would never let me go.

That was my exact same situation except I play Melee so it was a lot harder for me until I went to an actual tournament, just go with a friend who can attend tournaments and tell your parents you're going to another friend's birthday party or the mall or an amusement park or some **** like that.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You want to know how I was able to get into the brawl scene? I got older to the point where my parents thought I was adult enough. How old are you GYK?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
You want to know how I was able to get into the brawl scene? I got older to the point where my parents thought I was adult enough. How old are you GYK?
I'm 18 but hold on. Vinel had a good point. Start a a life of brawl here. Either way. I'm different... Let's just stop here. I'm gonna get some weird advice if I continue.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
What in the name of ****ery is this?

I'm 17 and I went to a tourney but you're 18 and you can't?
You're old enough to take care of yourself and have a good life in college and your parents fuss over that ****?

To think that life is hard, I've never seen it go this far before.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Yeah sorry man. I'm just use to the fact that all of you are the same. I already wrote a blog about how decent people you guys are. If I ever go to a tournament I'd love to meet ya. Your the first decent civilized dude I'm seen. Thank's for giving me hope that there are decent people in the brawl world.

There are decent people and imbeciles everywhere you go, haha.

You're welcome I guess.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Wow, seriously?! 18?

You should be able to do whatever the hell you want at that point. I'm 17 but I had the same problem when I was 16. Ya know how I got them to let me go? I told them how much money I got if I made 1st place and said i'd give them half of the cut.

Yes. I bribed my own parents. =w=

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If you're 18, just go. What're they gonna do? Disown you for playing a video game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom