• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

hypeman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a snake, marth, and zelda in training.
Well, considering the fact that Ike plays like a luigified Roy (stronger, slower, similar specials, t3h pH1r3!!!), and Roy was solely put in for advertising purposes, so I'll say Ike took Roy's place. And Marth probably won't leave the series either. He's the original lord, there is a DS remake to be made of one of his games, and is one of the few lords to be involved in sequels (Ike, Marth, and Roy [kinda]).

His priority is too high for him to just be cut. And plus, he's got an original moveset.
I have to agree with you I see Marth coming back and Roy getting the boot. I just hope that since sakuria stated he wanted more female characters in he will add Micaiah to the roster with him.

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
Ness is coming back people stop complaining about lucas

Sakurai bring Lucas as a newcomer, where does it says that he is going to remplace Ness?
plus why take out one of the best Characters of Smash Bros Original lineuo? you know that Ness was super strong in that first smash

So i guess that Sakurai won't be taking out any of the original 12

just saying tho

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
Why can't Lucas and Ness both just be in the same game?

Really, it's like you're all afraid an Zombie Virus + AIDS Epidemic + Nuclear Explosion will occur if both characters end up in the same place at the same time.
Is there something I should know about?
{begin terrorist conspiracy theories}
I 100% Agree with you

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Why can't Lucas and Ness both just be in the same game?

Really, it's like you're all afraid an Zombie Virus + AIDS Epidemic + Nuclear Explosion will occur if both characters end up in the same place at the same time.
Is there something I should know about?
{begin terrorist conspiracy theories}
QFT!!! Ness & Lucas should both be in without them having to be clones

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
I think they should kick Lucus out and bring Ness back.
If you ever played Earthbound, Lucas and Ness are completely different. Ness has got PK fire while Lucas has PK Love(how this will work I dont know) Lucas is final, But Ness should come back cause that would be awesome, I am just waiting to see if Claus will come into the game with his bad *** helmet and all.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
Sakurai bring Lucas as a newcomer, where does it says that he is going to remplace Ness?
plus why take out one of the best Characters of Smash Bros Original lineuo? you know that Ness was super strong in that first smash

So i guess that Sakurai won't be taking out any of the original 12

just saying tho
oh yea there is a hint on Lucases Profile that strongly infers that Ness is returning

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/lucas.html

if your illiterate have some one read the last line to you

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ness has PSI _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Lucas has PK

~~~~~~~~~~Offensive~~~~~~~~~~
Flash ............................................. Flash
Hypnosis ...................................... Love
Paralysis ...................................... (NONE)
Special .......................................... (NONE)

~~~~~~~~~~Defensive~~~~~~~~~
Healing ......................................... Healing
Life Up .......................................... Life Up
Shield ............................................ Shield
(NONE) ........................................... Refresh

~~~~~~~~~~Assist~~~~~~~~~~~~
(NONE) ........................................... Counter
(NONE) ........................................... Defense Up
(NONE) ........................................... Offense Up

~~~~~~~~~~~Misc~~~~~~~~~~~
Teleport ....................................... (NONE)

Coselm

Smash Ace
I'm getting tired of seeing a topic for every single character in Melee asking if they will return.

We've got absolutely NO idea who will return.

So I made this topic. Talk about who should return, and why.
Everyone because there's no point to take anyone out when you could jsut improve on them. I could understand if Pichu didn't return, but I'm betting that every character will make a return.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
Everyone because there's no point to take anyone out when you could jsut improve on them. I could understand if Pichu didn't return, but I'm betting that every character will make a return.
i wish that could happen because many people can stop buying this game just by havin theur fav char removed eg ness

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I think not buying Brawl because your main ain't in it is a pretty lame excuse to not buy this.

EDIT: I just realized that when they gave Ike's Special Moves they said nothing about Marth/Roy. But when we get Lucas's they say Ness is gone. ROY'S STILL IN THE GAME!

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i know but thats just... jesus ROY HAS TO COME lol but marth is definately in

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Why did Ness have to go? :crying: well I guess he still has hope, but why replace him? Mother is a popualr series in Japan... surely it deserves more than 1 rep... & I don't mean the other one to be Claus... I want our classic SSB64 "WTF Character" to return :(

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Now that Sakurai will actrually deconfirm people from the original 12, and couldn't think of a original moveset,(aside form one move) for Lucas, I going to hope that he doesn't confirm Luigi. *yells to Sakurai* YOU SHALL NOT DECONFIRM LUIGI!

Mallhew

Smash Cadet
Now that Sakurai will actrually deconfirm people from the original 12, and couldn't think of a original moveset,(aside form one move) for Lucas, I going to hope that he doesn't confirm Luigi. *yells to Sakurai* YOU SHALL NOT DECONFIRM LUIGI!

wat

Why would Luigi ever not be in Brawl? I'm serious, I want to hear your insane rationalizations.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
I choose to be entirely optimistic, and claim that this is now a Luigified(Lucafied?) character.

Luigi/Lucas' fireball/pk fire: Remain horizontal and shoot farther, even while in the air. Little bit less powerful, compared to Mario/Ness', which have shorter range, but possibly do more damage, and in the air are fired downwards. (distance and damage un-confirmed with Ness)

PK Flash and Freeze, although the execution seems to be very similar, have different functions. One freezes, the other blasts the hell out of them. Back to Mario/Luigi and their Up-B. They were executed the same, but one acted as a combo while the other completely useless unless you hit exact from the start, then it was BOOM!

On top of that, I am under the impression of an entirely new standard moveset, and ****it I WANT MY YO-YO!!

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I would really like Roy to return. Though maybe people are right about Ike...
Still he will never replace Roy, "Ike's our boy!" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

-Sisen
Ike may be a reeplacement for Roy, but I don't think he'll be a good reeplacement, I say Eliwood is a better reeplacement.

Roy for Brawl anyways, it's sad and unexpected that Ness was the first veteran to be (in most part) deconfirmed though.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
JIGGLYPUFF SHALL NOT BE CUT OUT!

We shall hopefully see our ness again, maybe they will put him as an assist trophy. who knows. but this stinks\

you know what be hilarious, if Ness was confirmed tomorrow? that would be great.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
JIGGLYPUFF SHALL NOT BE CUT OUT!

We shall hopefully see our ness again, maybe they will put him as an assist trophy. who knows. but this stinks\

you know what be hilarious, if Ness was confirmed tomorrow? that would be great.
That would show the entire world, AGAIN, that Sakurai sure is unpredictable.

And for Jigs, maybe... Pit reeplaced her/it, =/ and as I know, Jigs is not as popular as it was in the N64/GCN era. Not going against Jigs anyways, just saying what I think.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
I think not buying Brawl because your main ain't in it is a pretty lame excuse to not buy this.

EDIT: I just realized that when they gave Ike's Special Moves they said nothing about Marth/Roy. But when we get Lucas's they say Ness is gone. ROY'S STILL IN THE GAME!
Just because he doesn't mention it doesn't mean that he is in the game. Its not that important for Sakurai to mention Marth or Roy because they were special secret characters in Melee as apposed to Ness who has been with us since we unlocked him in SSB64. If one of them come back then great but I think Ike is meant to be a ballance of Both characters

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
i thought it was kinda catchy lol. as much as i like marth and dislike roy, it just won't be the same without having a roy to beat up...lol i think they should both be back along w/ the new FE chars.
Just Marth and Sigurd are deserving, Roy and Eliwood are the next following the list.

Hector is not actually that great, IMO. Eliwood is more important, that's a truth.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
i agree, its just that i hate to see old characters go that aren't total pieces of ****. roy was actually the first character i ever played as.
You know, Ness is kind of complicated to use, and I don't find him very tough.

Anyways, who will be next? That's the question.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hahahaha Lol at all the people that said ness WILL return JUST because hes from the original 12, well it seems lucas is da replacementXD

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Hahahaha Lol at all the people that said ness WILL return JUST because hes from the original 12, well it seems lucas is da replacementXD
Well we can't say for certain still. People say there is a 50/50 chance. I'm hoping he will return. :0

Hopefully they don't plan on taking other oldies out too.

And yes, SonicLuigi, Luigi better come back, cause he pwns hard. >:0

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
hmm Stryks buddy, I don't think Ness has actually been de-confirmed yet, yes Sakurai did mention they have similar PK attacks, but differ in physical attacks, also I believe their PK is indeed similar but each does it in their own style, but still I am hoping Ness will make it back, just not as a clone though

Top Bottom