• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

dbz22

Smash Apprentice
falco prob will return along with krystal. What do you think about falcos final smash? Maybe shoot them with a airwing?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Ha.. Yeah, I would see that for Falco. Wonder if he does, they'll use the personalized Arwings from Command? Who knows. All we can do is wait and see. As for Luigi? I'm of the opinion all the original unlockables that are returning will be staying that way and under wraps so we're surprised.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ha.. Yeah, I would see that for Falco. Wonder if he does, they'll use the personalized Arwings from Command? Who knows. All we can do is wait and see. As for Luigi? I'm of the opinion all the original unlockables that are returning will be staying that way and under wraps so we're surprised.
I don't think anyone will be surprised when they see Luigi in the game, but I get your meaning. ;)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ganondorf's design in TP is definitely one of the better character designs of all time. I wonder if they actually had a sword moveset done for him before they found out that sword would never exist. They kept his design from that tech demo, though...<_<

Anyway, Ganondorf for SSBB.

dbz22

Smash Apprentice
man... it stinks that link cant turn into a wolf... but it only ups the chance of minda being in the game, so , no complaints there.....
I think he can't turn into a wolf but minda could come as a assist trophy? the wolf will be a regular trophy I think.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Happeh Anniversary omg.

ZOMG1! Didn't anyone notice?

Yesterday was Captain Falcon's anniversary! Like yeah! :O

Yep, he was semi-confirmed on July 2 after the news of Goroh becoming an item, and it's now November!! WOW, semi-confirmed for 4 months and NOT A TRACE of anything else F-Zero on Dojo except for a Goroh sticker and a Dr. Stewart trophy!

So go out and celebrate the anniversary!! Buy some coffee, go birdwatching for birds of prey, pretend to be a bounty hunter by shooting soda cans with a paintball gun, go speeding through your neighborhood at 1400mph, and go download some hot Japanese fanart of Samus Aran and/or Jody Summer!

[sarcasm ends here]

Maybe I'm being impatient (then again, everyone's probably feeling this way), but SERIOUSLY!! We've been waiting for ONE THIRD of a year for Falcon to be confirmed! He's probably next in line and will probably come up this week (knocks on wood), but I'd still feel a bit tweaked at Sakurai for making us wait so long. Maybe (or maybe not) it has something to do with the "heroes arrive late" statement?

I'd love it if they confirmed him on the website via video (like they did for Peach) by showing Zamus talking to the communication screen (as seen in a screenshot for the Adventure mode) to someone for an update on how the mission is going and hears the other person on the line saying he'll meet her at the battlefield to assist her in combat. Then the video shows our favorite god of knees on the screen and says something like "Falcon out." or "The Falcon has landed." before the screen fades out and Samus departs for her 'level' in adventure mode.

I might have gone off topic there, but do you see what I'm getting at? I'd be happy with Captain Falcon being confirmed as a character, but having it done on a video (like Peach) would be cool. 8D

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
For sure Captain Falcon is back to being a secret character.. I mean what other F-Zero character can replace him? I doubt he'll be cut out Brawl. Why take out one of the original 12? Like Fox having the Wolf-ish costume, Captain Falcon has Blood Falcon and maybe a Gold Falcon suit too. He also looks cool except he has those 2 nipple-like buttons on his suit which makes him look goofy too.

Panik

Smash Journeyman
^^^^
I don't know. I don't think anyone knows. But does it really matter?
Well, I thought he seemed pretty cool. I never met him, but I saw the True Life episode awhile back and it reminded me that I hadn't heard anything about him in awhile.

I guess some just drop off of the face of the Earth?

Icelion0089

Smash Rookie
To be perfectly honest, I think Ganondorf should come back, even though he was a much stronger clone of Captain Falcon. They claim that there won't be any more clones for SSBB, but if they do keep Ganondorf around, I hope they change his move set a bit. Possibly change it to some form of powerful magic. It's same to assume that with the debut of Ike, there won't be any more of Marth or Roy for that matter. Also, I wouldn't mind Young Link to come back, if he already isn't in the roster yet. But then again we will see due to the 'clone' issue.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well, I thought he seemed pretty cool. I never met him, but I saw the True Life episode awhile back and it reminded me that I hadn't heard anything about him in awhile.

I guess some just drop off of the face of the Earth?
Hey, it happens. :ohwell: What are you gonna do?

He seemed old enough to stop basing his life around games and start living a real life (not a TrueLife, a real life [har har har!]) He probably got a job, moved out, yada yada yada... and didn't have time for competative Smashing anymore. It's respectable, and I'm sure he still plays Melee with his friends, and I'm sure he'll be getting Brawl, and I'm sure he'll be on Wi-Fi, but for now, I think he realized it was time to get serious about life and grow up, and that's what he did... which is good.

Ummm... Marth will return? Ganondorf should return with a similar moveset, but with a sword involved.

I'd like to see a new Gdorf with his dB, nA, fSmash, dSmash, uSmash, dTilt, and maybe his nB intact, with everything else sword based.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I think it'd be kinda funny if they gave Ganondorf new up, down, and forward B moves and recreated most of his moveset with a his sword. Make his playstyle mostly the same but give some of his moves more range and priority while uncloning him. Then everyone would be happy. :)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
How about a Ganondorf like the one that would've been if the clone Ganondorf never happened, you know.

Just saying, he doesn't need a sword or any more than 2-3 moves from melee coming with him to Brawl!
I'm pretty sure that that Ganondorf had a sword. He used one in the tech demo they got his SSBM design from which is the same sword in his X victory pose and that you can put in his hand with an Action Replay.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ganondorf in SSBB received some of those scrapped moves along with some SSBM ones and some all new ones. Definately one of the veterans I'm looking the most forward to seeing.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i think that smash needs a char that hits hard with his magic or projectiles and would be a good char to kite with

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i dont know someone that has strongr projectiles or spells than punches and stuff maybe micaia?(fe) or midna?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

He seemed old enough to stop basing his life around games and start living a real life (not a TrueLife, a real life [har har har!]) He probably got a job, moved out, yada yada yada... and didn't have time for competative Smashing anymore. It's respectable, and I'm sure he still plays Melee with his friends, and I'm sure he'll be getting Brawl, and I'm sure he'll be on Wi-Fi, but for now, I think he realized it was time to get serious about life and grow up, and that's what he did... which is good.

Ummm... Marth will return. Ganondorf should return with a similar moveset, but with a sword involved.

I'd like to see a new Gdorf with his dB, nA, fSmash, dSmash, uSmash, dTilt, and maybe his nB intact, with everything else sword based.
Fix'd, Marth will return.

Ganondorf should have sword-based and magic-based moveset, of course, with brute strenght too.

Shadow25

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit concerned about Jigglypuff. I hope she returns. (Though Hayter might have leaked it already)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
It's been like 200 pages and this topic is still boring and useless :(

Nice to see devastlian around, though.
Jeeze...it's only been seven months since you last posted. But ya, even with the flood of information that the Dojo's reopening brought, there's still a bunch of repetition and what-not in this topic. :/

Where've ya been? Get one of those life things? Roffle roffle roffle. Anyway, thoughts on the current status of the characters and stuff on the game?

Panik

Smash Journeyman

Yeah! That's why I don't go pro, because I'm holding down a job. Yeah, that's why....haha.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Fix'd, Marth will return.

Ganondorf should have sword-based and magic-based moveset, of course, with brute strenght too.
don't mind seeing Marth, but I could care less if he makes it or not, as for Ganon, you bet I wanna see him especially with his sword

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
ganon definately needs to be back. keep his better attacks and replace the crappy ones with sword moves. also his final smash could be the boar from TP as mentioned earlier, or i just thought of an awesome alternative. he mounts his horse and rampages across the screen with that ghost army of horses from TP and just wipes the screen.
marth needs to return as well, does anyone have any good FS ideas for marth? i never really got into the fire emblem games themself i just liked him from melee.

Rinkatze

Smash Rookie
Young Link NEEDS to come back, BUT, he shouldn't be a copy of Link with slightly different moves (as he was in SSBM). Here's what i think he should be like:

First of all, he should be from Majora's Mask rather than OOT (or, god forbid, wind waker). this means that instead of a kokiri sword he should have the Majora's mask one (can't remember name, gilded sword or something like that) and also he should have slightly different items than regular link.

he should have a completely different moveset than Link. He will have a few standard moves (spin attack probably, stuff like that) and additionally he will be able to put on the 3 masks that transform you, so he will be able to turn into a goron, a zora, or a deku scrub, probably similar to the way pokemon trainer has 3 different pokemon. each of these 3 transformations will have only 1 or 2 special moves (the down special probably being used to change masks). for goron: rolling around in a ball and throwing a powder keg (really big bomb from majora's mask), for zora shooting your fins the way he could in the game and shooting water or something, and for deku scrub being able to spit bubbles and being able to jump up and come down slowly using the flower parachute thing from the game.

His final smash would be: putting on feirce deity's mask. for a short time, all his slashes with his sword send out shockwaves, all attacks do much damage and happen much faster, and he gains most of regular link's moves as well as some new ones.

this is just a general idea of course, his weaknesses are as follows:
fewer moves than normal chars in any form because down special is used to transform
no 3rd jump move for the goron mask, but harder to send flying to make up for this
easy to hit and send flying as deku but better 3rd jump move to make up for it.
shorter range and less power as well as fewer moves than regular link when in his standard form (young link)
weak close range attacks using zora mask but good long range abilities to make up for it.

what do you guys think of this idea?

Top Bottom