• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Panik

Smash Journeyman
Look at the picture he quoted of the Pikachu float. There's a photoshop'd picture of Kirby with what looks like Dr. Mario's headband thingy on.

He was just kidding. Not for real-real, just for play-play. ;)
Yeah, I see that now. I didn't examine the picture at first, I was just excited that the Doc might be back with an all new attack sheme! haha

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
Well, with Impa, I meant a little bit slower, but could in all respects stay the same. The reason for this is if they stay completely true to TP(as in zelda possibly having a new down-B), there is no reason to get rid of the character itself.

The style of Shiek is great. And the reason Impa replace her is one, I don't want them to get rid of the N64 Zelda styles, that is why I also hope for a MM YLink over WW. Don't get me wrong, loved WW, just of the two, MM YLink can provide a newer concept. WW Link can as well, what with the deku leaf, grappling hook and other new items as his moves, but wont be too much different from TP Link.

Back to Impa, she also makes a great candidate to replace Shiek because she is the one who trained Shiek. I mean, the last of the shiekah, sage of shadows, and good at whistling. In turn, will also give a new female character, because the game is still lacking in this department. Having Shiek in the game and not having her as a transformation for Zelda will kinda defeat the purpose of the character design from the original game. But I believe Impa will keep the fighting style alive, and Shiek fans like myself won't be too down-hearted. The only reason I say she would be a bit slower yet stronger is because from all the concept art and in game graphics of Impa from OoT, she likes a lot stronger than the average male, though she may not be AS quick as Shiek.

Edit: The thing I like least about Melee was that it didn't seem to be extremely true to the original games, though only in very specific aspects, a big reason why I was incredibly pissed off when I unlocked Ganondorf (case u can't tell, I am a zelda fan boy) they just threw him in there because he is one of the most prominent bad guys in Nintendo, not because he could have been a great character concept. Brawl seems to be changing this A LOT, that's why I have hopes of most clones returning with their own moves.
Well I think that instead of having young link from MM, they should make a character called deku link, who could switch between Deku, Goron, and Zora link, kinda like Pokemon trainer or the old Zelda, and then they should make the new Young Link the one from WW so he can have a different move set then Link.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
Well I think that instead of having young link from MM, they should make a character called deku link, who could switch between Deku, Goron, and Zora link, kinda like Pokemon trainer or the old Zelda, and then they should make the new Young Link the one from WW so he can have a different move set then Link.
That's not gonna happen, you'd have a clone frenzy, that would be the same character in three different styles. they may be different moveset or whatever but that is still Link, different Link and much more different Link. with the whole anti-clone movement that they are putting in brawl, IMO i doubt any other forms of link are likely, let alone 2.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
That's not gonna happen, you'd have a clone frenzy, that would be the same character in three different styles. they may be different moveset or whatever but that is still Link, different Link and much more different Link. with the whole anti-clone movement that they are putting in brawl, IMO i doubt any other forms of link are likely, let alone 2.
When was this anti-clone movment people are talking about anyway?

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
the makers of brawl are getting rid of character clones such as:mario/luigi/doc + capt F./Ganondorf + pikachu/Pichu + Marth/Roy +Link/Young Link
so the only way any of these "character clones" will make it back is with their own move sets so it's not like the same character just look different/handle slightly different.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
That's my point for having a MM YLink. He can have his own moves, but if his human form is a clone, he will be powered down greatly from Link, which he already is aside from speed, and he could have three other moves list depending on which mask he is wearing. WW Link, however, doesn't seem to me that he could have too many new moves at all, so I don't see his inclusion. I greatly believe clones are being removed/revamped, which I mentioned in my first post.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
the makers of brawl are getting rid of character clones such as:mario/luigi/doc + capt F./Ganondorf + pikachu/Pichu + Marth/Roy +Link/Young Link
so the only way any of these "character clones" will make it back is with their own move sets so it's not like the same character just look different/handle slightly different.
I asked when and if they mentioned this, I know what it is, and btw, luigi wasn't a clone, and if you think hes not going to be in brawl, then there is no point of me taking you or anything you say seriously

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
That's my point for having a MM YLink. He can have his own moves, but if his human form is a clone, he will be powered down greatly from Link, which he already is aside from speed, and he could have three other moves list depending on which mask he is wearing. WW Link, however, doesn't seem to me that he could have too many new moves at all, so I don't see his inclusion. I greatly believe clones are being removed/revamped, which I mentioned in my first post.
But they have to have a least one course from wind waker, it was such a great game, and in resent games, it seems the new young link is the wind waker link, but I still think the MM link will be in, he just wont have normal link form

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
I asked when and if they mentioned this, I know what it is, and btw, luigi wasn't a clone, and if you think hes not going to be in brawl, then there is no point of me taking you or anything you say seriously
first of all i never said he wasn't gonna be in brawl, so read and get your facts straight before you post, and secondly yeah he was a clone(the only move difference is their over b) third i think luigi will be in brawl, just he'll have to be redone with his own moves such as his vac from luigi's mansion and new stuff that isn't like marios moves. i never said he wouldn't be in it only that i wanted other characters above him.

0_Zero_0

Smash Cadet
They should keep at least most of the ssbm characters, or at least replace them with similar characters like they did with Lucas, he is going to be similar to ness. They should bring captain falcon and/or ganondorf.... :ohwell:

Stryks

Smash Hero
So like everyone else ur just going for the cool factor of the masks over WW originality: FAIL

WW link has:
Skull hammer
Deku leaf PERFECT for gliding as upb on the air, and sends a gust on the ground
grappling hook
wind waker
the Hurricane spin

and not to mention he fights way diferently if u see how he slashes in WW, btw WW style link is the new look for young link, thus if anything they'll use that model...

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
first of all i never said he wasn't gonna be in brawl, so read and get your facts straight before you post, and secondly yeah he was a clone(the only move difference is their over b) third i think luigi will be in brawl, just he'll have to be redone with his own moves such as his vac from luigi's mansion and new stuff that isn't like marios moves. i never said he wouldn't be in it only that i wanted other characters above him.
IF you thought, IF, so you get ur facts straight

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
So like everyone else ur just going for the cool factor of the masks over WW originality: FAIL

WW link has:
Skull hammer
grappling hook
wind waker
the Hurricane spin

and not to mention he fights way diferently if u see how he slashes in WW, btw WW style link is the new look for young link, thus if anything they'll use that model...
- Thank You

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
and secondly yeah he was a clone(the only move difference is their over b)
Actually, the only moves that they had that were the same in Melee (not SSB64; In SSB64 he actually was a full fledged clone) were their uB, dB, and nB. EVERYTHING else was totally different.

EDIT:
And the Cel-Shaded Link ideas are great. That's the kind of new YLink we need in Brawl.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice

WW link has:
Skull hammer
grappling hook
wind waker
the Hurricane spin

WTH? I never mentioned I wanted him because it would be cool. It is an original concept and it stays true to the Zelda games, so would WW Link. I don't care which one gets in, I hope one of them does, WW Link just doesn't have as many original moves. Yeah his fighting style is different, and they can easily change his standard moves to differ from Link. And I don't see any reason for WW to be the standard for Young Link, I love both styles, I would love for both of them to continue to be used in future Zelda games.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the only moves that they had that were the same in Melee (not SSB64; In SSB64 he actually was a full fledged clone) were their uB, dB, and nB. EVERYTHING else was totally different.
except for the side smash where he would just swing his arms around as he ran, so he was never really a clone, and I bet he will have the same moveset from melee, but will be able to pull out his vaccum

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
except for the side smash where he would just swing his arms around as he ran, so he was never really a clone, and I bet he will have the same moveset from melee, but will be able to pull out his vaccum
Actually that was his dash-attack. And yes, that still made him a clone.
(Ganondorf's fAir is a downward punch while CFalcon's fAir is t3h Kn33. Ganondorf is considered a clone.)

But yes, the Poltergust should be incorporated in his moveset somewhere. But not a whole moveset based around it! Oh no no no! One move will suffice, like Mario and his nifty new FLUDD.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
what was the point of that^^^^^^^^^^^you just repeated your self from earlier and added "that water thing" wow!!! awesome post! he'd still be a clone!!!!!! he needs new from melee moveset

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
what was the point of that^^^^^^^^^^^you just repeated your self from earlier and added "that water thing" wow!!! awesome post! he'd still be a clone!!!!!! he needs new from melee moveset
It was a mistake, aparently I added the first meessage when I wasn't done, and I must have click on submit by mistake or somethine, well anyway it just wouidn't load, and he was not a clone, the clones were the characters on the selection that were placed 3 dimetionly behind the others, because they had the exact same moveset!

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
It was a mistake, aparently I added the first meessage when I wasn't done, and I must have click on submit by mistake or somethine, well anyway it just wouidn't load, and he was not a clone, the clones were the characters on the selection that were placed 3 dimetionly behind the others, because they had the exact same moveset!
??????????????uh they do....hmm i wonder why when i push upB w/luigi and mario they do the same thing?...i wonder why when i push DownB w/L&M they do the same thing?...etc for B, DownA, UpA, OverA, A, Uair, Dair, Fair, Nair, Bair, DownSmash, UpSmash, Throws....hmm i wonder why the keep doing the same thing....maybe..... because they are CLONES!!!!!!!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
??????????????uh they do....hmm i wonder why when i push upB w/luigi and mario they do the same thing?...i wonder why when i push DownB w/L&M they do the same thing?...etc for B, DownA, UpA, OverA, A, Uair, Dair, Fair, Nair, Bair, DownSmash, UpSmash, Throws....hmm i wonder why the keep doing the same thing....maybe..... because they are CLONES!!!!!!!
It's really obnoxious when someone's wrong but they either refuse to admit it or are too blind to see it.

F smash? Different animations.
Neautral B? Different animations.
D tilt? Different animations.
Side B? COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MOVES.

Yes, Mario and Luigi have many similarities, but a clone of a characters has all the same animations as the character it was cloned from, and definitely doesn't have a completely original move. This is because the whole reason the character was made a clone was to save time. No matter how many similarities two characters have, if one has different animations, that means time was taken to make those animations—NOT a clone.

I mean, think about it. A clone by definition, even outside of Smash, is an identical copy. How can a character with different animations, different physics for some of their moves (the fireballs) and even one completely unique move be a clone? If anything, you'd have to argue that Luigi is half a clone. Which is more trouble than it's worth.

There's a reason the word "luigify" was invented. It had a lot to do with the fact that Luigi isn't a clone, but is kind of close.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
B- different animation
fB- different move
uB- different animation, far different properties
dB- different animation

A- different animation
A,A,A- different move
fAtilt- different animation
uAtilt- different move
dAtilt- different animation

fSmash- different move
uSmash- same
dSmash- different animation

nAir- same
fAir- different move
uAir- same
dAir- different move
bAir- same

Only 4 moves out of a total 17 moves are the same.
That makes Luigi officially LESS THAN 1/4 different than Mario.
Hope that cleared things up for all non-believers.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
B- different animation
fB- different move
uB- different animation, far different properties
dB- different animation

A- different animation
A,A,A- different move
fAtilt- different animation
uAtilt- different move
dAtilt- different animation

fSmash- different move
uSmash- same
dSmash- different animation

nAir- same
fAir- different move
uAir- same
dAir- different move
bAir- same

Only 4 moves out of a total 17 moves are the same.
That makes Luigi officially LESS THAN 1/4 different than Mario.
Hope that cleared things up for all non-believers.
fB- different move
uB- different animation, far different properties (Same F-ing move, uppercuts and coins. Just different effect, Same move)
dB- different animation (But Same move)

A- different animation (But Same move)
A,A,A- different move (Same motion, looks different)
fAtilt- different animation (But Same move)
uAtilt- different move (Different motion, but same move upper punch)
dAtilt- different animation (same move looks different cause he doesnt reach as far, low kick)

fSmash- different move (Same Move, looks different, thrusts hand forword to attack)
uSmash- same
dSmash- different animation (But Same move)

nAir- same
fAir- different move (Different motion, but still thrusts hand down to hit, Chop not Punch, but same move)
uAir- same
dAir- different move Same Move, different effect.
bAir- same

I Hope you can see there are way more than 4 moves that are the "same".

Its like saying Fox and Falco's down A in are are different cause Fox's doesnt spike. Its the same thing.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The only thing that matters in cloning are the animations; the effects of their moves have absolutely nothing to do with anything. This is because animation is the most time consuming part of creating a character. Luigi's up and neutral B may be the same action but the animation is different so they're original. Dr. Mario's down tilt sends people in a completely different direction than Mario's but the animation is identical so it's cloned.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
fB- different move
uB- different animation, far different properties (Same F-ing move, uppercuts and coins. Just different effect, Same move) Fine.
dB- different animation (But Same move) Ok.

You win the "Special Moves" round,
BUT...

A- different animation (But Same move) * (left punch as opposed to right punch)
A,A,A- different move (Same motion, looks different) ** (Left, right, butt as opposed to right, left, kick...)
fAtilt- different animation (But Same move) * (swings around completely backwards as opposed to straight forward)
uAtilt- different move (Different motion, but same move upper punch) ** (over head swing as opposed to uppercut)
dAtilt- different animation (same move looks different cause he doesnt reach as far, low kick) * (swings completely backwards as opposed to straight forward)

fSmash- different move (Same Move, looks different, thrusts hand forword to attack) **
uSmash- same
dSmash- different animation (But Same move) * (straight, clunky leg swing as opposed to loose break-dancing-esque attack)

nAir- same
fAir- different move (Different motion, but still thrusts hand down to hit, Chop not Punch, but same move)**
uAir- same
dAir- different move Same Move, different effect. **
bAir- same

Its like saying Fox and Falco's down A in are are different cause Fox's doesnt spike. Its the same thing.
* = I hope you see that just because two characters have similar PUNCHING and KICKING attacks, doesn't mean they're the same.

** = a combination of #1and the algorithm: [different animation + different effect = different move]

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
* = I hope you see that just because two characters have similar PUNCHING and KICKING attacks, doesn't mean they're the same.

** = a combination of #1and the algorithm: [different animation + different effect = different move]
You really dont understand the Smash Bros Moves Engine uses and 'differences' huh?
If you think about the moves in a real life kind of way, sure you win. But if you think Game Engine then, no.

Just my opinion

Should Return
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Marth
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness*
Sheik

Should Return With Un-Cloned Movesets
Falco
Ganondorf
Young Link**

Should NOT Return
Dr. Mario
Pichu
Roy

* If Lucas has a different moveset.
** Refering to Wind Waker model.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
fB- different move
uB- different animation, far different properties (Same F-ing move, uppercuts and coins. Just different effect, Same move)
dB- different animation (But Same move)

A- different animation (But Same move)
A,A,A- different move (Same motion, looks different)
fAtilt- different animation (But Same move)
uAtilt- different move (Different motion, but same move upper punch)
dAtilt- different animation (same move looks different cause he doesnt reach as far, low kick)

fSmash- different move (Same Move, looks different, thrusts hand forword to attack)
uSmash- same
dSmash- different animation (But Same move)

nAir- same
fAir- different move (Different motion, but still thrusts hand down to hit, Chop not Punch, but same move)
uAir- same
dAir- different move Same Move, different effect.
bAir- same

amen

You really dont understand the Smash Bros Moves Engine uses and 'differences' huh?
If you think about the moves in a real life kind of way, sure you win. But if you think Game Engine then, no.
amen again. go siegk!!! finally, someone that knows what they are talking about.

Top Bottom