• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai might really want to consider confirming Marth or Falcon soon. Falcon, because as mentioned a million times before, we're getting tired of waiting. Marth, for similar reasons and because it would make even more fans thrilled.

I just got through reading the blogs of two Japanese Falcon fansites, and these were the comments (both posts were actually this short) :

From Addition Uniting (http://justiceniji.blog102.fc2.com/ ) Posted 11/9/07:
"And no Falcon?"

From FineSmile (http://www.geocities.jp/finesmile2000/frame.html ) Posted 11/9/07:
"ARUE Falcon is....?" (No idea what Arue means... might be Google Translating funk.)

So even Japan has grown impatient with Sakurai waiting to confirm Falcon for whatever reason.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Lol. Well of course I meant he has the worst chance other than Doc and Pichu.
I just thought that was implied since we all know they fail at life and have 0% chance of returning.
No Video Game character fails at life, why? They are not alive.

Fail. Also, Roy got better chances that you think, keep your spam to yourself.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
No Video Game character fails at life, why? They are not alive.

Fail. Also, Roy got better chances that you think, keep your spam to yourself.
Way to nit-pick a joke.
No fail.

Roy has as just good a chance as 98% of the boards think.
(Which is NO chance.)

And something that "isn't what you like to hear" does not constitute as spam.
So you, sir, fail for being a big baby.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Way to nit-pick a joke.
No fail.

Roy has as just good a chance as 98% of the boards think.
(Which is NO chance.)

And something that "isn't what you like to hear" does not constitute as spam.
So you, sir, fail for being a big baby.
Did I cried? No.

You must know that you are not in place to call someone as you want. Ok? I never insulted you, so why are you insulting me?

Why just the boards count? Did you considered other facts that you ignore? Heh, I say no.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
you peolpe and your insults, this forum is not made for agruements. but for people from all over the world to come together and talk about something they love. which is having the chance to play as their fav. videogame characters in one game.

Buying the Smash Bros Brawl game =$49.99
Buying a Nintendo Wii= $249.99
Buying snacks for your friends to come over to play= $25.78
Buying extra remotes and Nunchuks= About $180
Fighting a singing puffball, robotic dragon, 2d guy from 80's and an italian plumber=priceless

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Did I cried? No.

You must know that you are not in place to call someone as you want. Ok? I never insulted you, so why are you insulting me?

Why just the boards count? Did you considered other facts that you ignore? Heh, I say no.
1. You don't need to cry to be considered a baby. Being anal against things that don't sit just right with you and attempting to start arguements will suffice.
2. Yes, you did insult me, very unnecessarily might I add. You just didn't use names.
3. No, the boards don't only count, but considering that a LARGE part of the Smash community is part of SWF, should constitute for the general concensus of the rest of the population of smashers out there. Unless, of course, you can to prove to me that there about 79,000 die-hard Roy fans outside SWF.

Otherwise, I don't think you have a case because:
--A) Roy was a clone.
--B) Roy was put in Melee SOLELY because it was convenient that his game was coming out and was a good opportunity for Nintendo to get advertisement out of the deal.
--C) Roy was not only one of the less popular lords in the FE series, he only has a bit part in the prequel of his game.
--D) Ike has very similar specials to what Marth and, more closely, Roy had in Melee (a "heavy sword uppercut" as an uB; an "advancing sword barrage" as an fB; a "chargable sword slam {with fiery explosion}" as a nB; "Counter" as a dB), and it was proven Thursday that a newcomer can take a veteran's special moves, tweak them, and attach a whole new bag of standard attacks... puts Roy in GRAVE danger of being removed.
--E) Since Roy was the "heavier/slower/stronger" one of the two FE characters and Ike is very heavy, slow, and strong, Roy takes more priority in taking the switch-out with Ike than Marth.
--F) All that stuff I said above (#3 in my rant).

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
1. You don't need to cry to be considered a baby. Being anal against things that don't sit just right with you and attempting to start arguements will suffice.
2. Yes, you did insult me, very unnecessarily might I add. You just didn't use names.
3. No, the boards don't only count, but considering that a LARGE part of the Smash community is part of SWF, should constitute for the general concensus of the rest of the population of smashers out there. Unless, of course, you can to prove to me that there about 79,000 die-hard Roy fans outside SWF.

Otherwise, I don't think you have a case because:
--A) Roy was a clone.
--B) Roy was put in Melee SOLELY because it was convenient that his game was coming out and was a good opportunity for Nintendo to get advertisement out of the deal.
--C) Roy was not only one of the less popular lords in the FE series, he only has a bit part in the prequel of his game.
--D) Ike has very similar specials to what Marth and, more closely, Roy had in Melee (a "heavy sword uppercut" as an uB; an "advancing sword barrage" as an fB; a "chargable sword slam {with fiery explosion}" as a nB; "Counter" as a dB), and it was proven Thursday that a newcomer can take a veteran's special moves, tweak them, and attach a whole new bag of standard attacks... puts Roy in GRAVE danger of being removed.
--E) Since Roy was the "heavier/slower/stronger" one of the two FE characters and Ike is very heavy, slow, and strong, Roy takes more priority in taking the switch-out with Ike than Marth.
--F) All that stuff I said above (#3 in my rant).
Saying "fail" is an insult? Not as much as calling someone a baby.

A) Oh! By that logic, every clone should leave Brawl. Not a good reason, he can be easily decloned.

B) It did great, didn't it? Made FE6 the third best-selling, and gave again FE high sales.

C) Debatable, Roy is very liked outside Japan, and inside Japan, in all terms, FE fans, normal fans, etc.

D) Same with Marth then, Roy got those moves, but as he was a clone, he can get new moves, same with Marth, right?

E) Roy... is actually weaker than Marth in Melee, which was a mistake, Roy can be a balanced character, you know. He can be in middle of Marth and Ike in status (Strenght, Defense and Speed).

F) ...Was that neccesary?

Sisen

Smash Rookie
you peolpe and your insults, this forum is not made for agruements. but for people from all over the world to come together and talk about something they love. which is having the chance to play as their fav. videogame characters in one game.

Fighting a singing puffball, robotic dragon, 2d guy from 80's and an italian plumber=priceless
That was great.

-Sisen

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Saying "fail" is an insult? Not as much as calling someone a baby.

A) Oh! By that logic, every clone should leave Brawl. Not a good reason, he can be easily decloned.

B) It did great, didn't it? Made FE6 the third best-selling, and gave again FE high sales.

C) Debatable, Roy is very liked outside Japan, and inside Japan, in all terms, FE fans, normal fans, etc.

D) Same with Marth then, Roy got those moves, but as he was a clone, he can get new moves, same with Marth, right?

E) Roy... is actually weaker than Marth in Melee, which was a mistake, Roy can be a balanced character, you know. He can be in middle of Marth and Ike in status (Strenght, Defense and Speed).

F) ...Was that neccesary?
A) No, not every clone should leave. But about half of them will definitely be given the boot.

B) Well yea, I assume it did help. But is it really going to help sales as much now? Nintendo would be much smarter to capitalize on another advertisement newcomer this time around and boost their sales up like they did with Roy. Roy did his job, now he's practically useless to them.

C) I'm not talking about the game, I'm talking about Roy himself. Fanboys loathe him because he is terrible the entire way through the game and doesn't get good at all until he gets his sword.

D) Maybe Roy did get new moves... and a new face. Maybe they made Ike the new Roy. I doubt they would have made Ike the new Marth. Marth means too much to the series to just be tossed aside for a 2nd rate lord.

E) Yea, he could be the middle. But they could also make Marth the middle (considering he is already mid-weight as well as a high priority candidate for some slight speed and strength nerfing), and add in another FE character as the faster/lighter/weaker character (like Sothe or Micaiha). It would save Sora a lot more time this way.

F) Yes... yes it was.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Um... are you new here? Because I'm pretty sure most of the people on this forum are about the arguing. Maybe not the insults. That's Dyce's department. But definitely the arguing.

Well said. Although I find it highl ironic that three out of four of your examples are unconfirmed at this point. :p

Okay, so normally I'll read a few pages back before I jump in a topic and weigh in, except that I'm bored/ADD, there's about five bazillion pages (hundred? bazillion? potato? tomato?), and I saw people I knew. Also shiney lights.

Anyhow, I'm gonna have to go with Dyce on this one. I mean, something's gotta give. Sakurai can't just keep loading Brawl up with more characters without taking something out. The issue at hand isn't about whether or not Roy's presence can be justified, so much as if his presence can be justified over whatever else has to be left out to make room for him. If Sakurai is going to all of the trouble of creating another new moveset, Roy has to compete with all of the other possible FE characters who he could potentially give that moveset to, and whose place he could arguably be taking on the roster. If he returns as a clone, he's at best third in line behind Falco and G.Dorf, and that's assuming any of the clones come back. If he returns as the sole representative of his moveset, he has to beat out Marth, who apparently has a much bigger role in the series and a larger japanese fanbase.

Personally, I don't really mind one way or the other. But it just seems that Roy has too many obstacles to overcome no matter how he would return.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Where is this woodwork they are flying out of? Did someone remove the lock? ****it! Now we have to go bar it up again before the Pichu fans come out ;)
It's too late, they're already out. If you go to the Pikachu section, they're already spreading propaganda that Pika in Brawl IS Pichu from Melee. Needless to say I've already had several meltdowns.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Oh jeeze...

If we're getting into the whole clone thing, I'd say Ganondorf has the highest chances...probably almost guaranteed. Next would be Falco and some sort of younger Link due to their popularity and how many requests for them I've seen. Then, of course, the three fillers everyone say are out.

If you're one of those who still lump Luigi with the clones, then I'd place him on par with Ganondorf.

Of course, I'm just repeating myself now...but I'm bored out of my mind. :/

roy_owns

Smash Lord
It's too late, they're already out. If you go to the Pikachu section, they're already spreading propaganda that Pika in Brawl IS Pichu from Melee. Needless to say I've already had several meltdowns.
K now this I'm willing to work with Dyce to eliminate.

The rAt

Smash Ace
I think it's time to start clubbin' some baby rats...

:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash: :smash::smash::smash:
I knew I could count on you.

If we're getting into the whole clone thing, I'd say Ganondorf has the highest chances...probably almost guaranteed. Next would be Falco and some sort of younger Link due to their popularity and how many requests for them I've seen. Then, of course, the three fillers everyone say are out.

If you're one of those who still lump Luigi with the clones, then I'd place him on par with Ganondorf.

Of course, I'm just repeating myself now...but I'm bored out of my mind. :/
Agreed. Especially with the whole G.dorf/Sheik Aunoma (sp?) business from awhile back. Speaking of being bored, you can always check out the Sheik sepparate/attached to Zelda debate in the Zelda section. Of course, that is nothing but an excercise in futility.

K now this I'm willing to work with Dyce to eliminate.
Doominators ASSEMBLE!!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Heheh. Ya know, if that interview had never have popped up, I would've said Sheik is gone the moment this extreme doubt of Ness' return arose 'cause now the whole "original moveset" thing isn't as sacred as we thought and I believe that was the only thing she really has going for her.

That whole seperate or not debate is annoying. She's not significant enough to standalone but when she's attached to Zelda she detracts so much from Zelda as they are. Unless Sheik has a set knockback on all of her attacks that put opponents right out of comboing range or can't kill until 400+%, I don't want her in SSBB.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
A) No, not every clone should leave. But about half of them will definitely be given the boot.

B) Well yea, I assume it did help. But is it really going to help sales as much now? Nintendo would be much smarter to capitalize on another advertisement newcomer this time around and boost their sales up like they did with Roy. Roy did his job, now he's practically useless to them.

C) I'm not talking about the game, I'm talking about Roy himself. Fanboys loathe him because he is terrible the entire way through the game and doesn't get good at all until he gets his sword.

D) Maybe Roy did get new moves... and a new face. Maybe they made Ike the new Roy. I doubt they would have made Ike the new Marth. Marth means too much to the series to just be tossed aside for a 2nd rate lord.

E) Yea, he could be the middle. But they could also make Marth the middle (considering he is already mid-weight as well as a high priority candidate for some slight speed and strength nerfing), and add in another FE character as the faster/lighter/weaker character (like Sothe or Micaiha). It would save Sora a lot more time this way.

F) Yes... yes it was.
A) Exactly, then the basic logic brings us that Dr. Mario, Young Link and Pichu are the real clones, being bassically the same living thing (Mario, Link and Pikachu) while the others are obviously another person, in my list, they (except Y. Link) got the worst chances of returning.

B) Yeah, I agree. But if Roy helped them with the sales of FE6, why Nintendo would drop a liked character?

C) I meant about Roy, he, in the polls of FE6 (liked game), he's the most popular, and let's also consider his world-wide fanbase, ok?

D) I know, but personally, I see no logical resemblance of the real Ike with Roy (yes, real, why Ragnell has fire-based powers, if in the game it has lightning-based powers?), something pointless is happening in Brawl.

E) In the FE stats, using both the Sword of Seals and Falchion to compare Marth and Roy, Roy beats Marth, but if Ike was made slow (being a very good Lord) Marth can be the fast character, Ike the slow, and Roy the balanced, it's simple logic actually.

F) ...Ok.

Heh, i'm proud of this.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
Aight so every one is complaining about copy characters and some that are worthy of coming back. I hope that every one knows that they are probably hearing what we are saying. For example they have brought Ike into the picture and have not said anything about Marth or Roy. Consider that Sakurai is probably leaving Ike as the FE rep and replacing Roy and Marth. The over all point I'm trying to make (and I hope that I'm doing a good job of it) is that we have no idea how this game is gona be. Even with the daily week day updates there are so many things that are just driving us all crazy. So loosen your panties and be patient. Roy and Marth or not, this game is expected to be awesome.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
1 rep for a massive worldwide known series, and one of the economically defining series ever? It came from nowhere as a Japenese exclusive and in like 2 years was a worldwide hit, most in part by Smash.

yea, Fire Emblem DEFINITLY will only get one rep. >_>

Marth and Ike together make the begining and the most recent of Fire Emblem, which sums the series up nicely, plus both are popular and well known.

Roy on the other hand, is regarded pretty badly in Japan, and his game wasn't all that great. Very insignifigant, honestly his father is more important to the series than he is...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
A) Exactly, then the basic logic brings us that Dr. Mario, Young Link and Pichu are the real clones, being bassically the same living thing (Mario, Link and Pikachu) while the others are obviously another person, in my list, they (except Y. Link) got the worst chances of returning.

B) Yeah, I agree. But if Roy helped them with the sales of FE6, why Nintendo would drop a liked character?

C) I meant about Roy, he, in the polls of FE6 (liked game), he's the most popular, and let's also consider his world-wide fanbase, ok?

D) I know, but personally, I see no logical resemblance of the real Ike with Roy (yes, real, why Ragnell has fire-based powers, if in the game it has lightning-based powers?), something pointless is happening in Brawl.

E) In the FE stats, using both the Sword of Seals and Falchion to compare Marth and Roy, Roy beats Marth, but if Ike was made slow (being a very good Lord) Marth can be the fast character, Ike the slow, and Roy the balanced, it's simple logic actually.

F) ...Ok.

Heh, i'm proud of this.
A) Who a character is has nothing to do with how cloney they are (except in the case of Doctor Mario). YLink and Link can have WAY different movesets. YLink and Link use different weapons in their games, and if Sakurai chooses to bring in Cel-Shaded Link then forget about them getting even remotely similar special moves. And the same goes for Pichu. Pikachu and Pichu CAN actually be two totally different Pokemon, and the fact that some moves that Pikachu can learn (Thunder, for example) are unlearnable by Pichu (I think... don't quote me on that.) Pichu and Pikachu can end up having two very different movesets.
[I don't think I can even make this a Roy relevant point anymore... oh well.]

B) Roy helped at the time. He isn't going to help Nintendo anymore because he isn't in any more upcoming FE games. Marth, however, is. And considering how popular the Daein series is now, I would see more of those characters being in Brawl rather than Roy. Oh, and about your "why would Nintendo drop a liked character?" comment, I just want to say: NESS

C) So he's popular in FE6? Wow, such a big accomplishment. Now let's compare Roy to the rest of the FE characters. And Roy's popularity really only sparked worldwide because of Melee. That popularity and recognition could easily happen for any Japan-only character.

D) Well... I guess that's just too bad. Brawl is what it is, and so is Ike. And even if Ike is nothing like Roy, they share similar Smash roles: the stronger, slower, element sworded FE character.

E) Yes, but having three sword wielding FE lords just seems to repetative for Sakurai's style (his new Brawl style, that is.) Notice he made Lyn, a perfectly good (and highly voted for on his polls) candidate, he chose to make her an AT. I put Lyn and Roy in the same boat. Lyn didn't make it, so I don't expect Roy to make it either. Sure, they can change Roy around until the cows come home, but there are just a lot more options for FE with magic, lances, and axes that I think Sakurai will be moving for a more easily differentiated character.

F) ... k.

Panik

Smash Journeyman
I think we should just get rid of Marth and give Roy his moveset. Marth looks like a girl. He's almost as gender confused as Zelda/Sheik. haha

Dynamism

Smash Lord
A) Who a character is has nothing to do with how cloney they are (except in the case of Doctor Mario). YLink and Link can have WAY different movesets. YLink and Link use different weapons in their games, and if Sakurai chooses to bring in Cel-Shaded Link then forget about them getting even remotely similar special moves. And the same goes for Pichu. Pikachu and Pichu CAN actually be two totally different Pokemon, and the fact that some moves that Pikachu can learn (Thunder, for example) are unlearnable by Pichu (I think... don't quote me on that.) Pichu and Pikachu can end up having two very different movesets.
[I don't think I can even make this a Roy relevant point anymore... oh well.]

B) Roy helped at the time. He isn't going to help Nintendo anymore because he isn't in any more upcoming FE games. Marth, however, is. And considering how popular the Daein series is now, I would see more of those characters being in Brawl rather than Roy. Oh, and about your "why would Nintendo drop a liked character?" comment, I just want to say: NESS

C) So he's popular in FE6? Wow, such a big accomplishment. Now let's compare Roy to the rest of the FE characters. And Roy's popularity really only sparked worldwide because of Melee. That popularity and recognition could easily happen for any Japan-only character.

D) Well... I guess that's just too bad. Brawl is what it is, and so is Ike. And even if Ike is nothing like Roy, they share similar Smash roles: the stronger, slower, element sworded FE character.

E) Yes, but having three sword wielding FE lords just seems to repetative for Sakurai's style (his new Brawl style, that is.) Notice he made Lyn, a perfectly good (and highly voted for on his polls) candidate, he chose to make her an AT. I put Lyn and Roy in the same boat. Lyn didn't make it, so I don't expect Roy to make it either. Sure, they can change Roy around until the cows come home, but there are just a lot more options for FE with magic, lances, and axes that I think Sakurai will be moving for a more easily differentiated character.

F) ... k.
A) Pichu Doc and Roy SHOULD NOT!!! return whether the clones are entirely different characters or not. And that's all that matters. YLink is FREAKIN LINK!!!! You can have a half a dozen Links and none will play the same because of everything Link has to offer. Henceforth CSL will be in Brawl. And Ganon, well duh. And Falco, well I would think so.

B) Roy helped at the time. How about Roy is replaced with Micaiah. You know. Cause it will help for the time and as a bonus...she's extremely unique and cool. Wouldn't it be fun to play as her? That would be great.

B2) Ness can return still. It would be a shame to lose the classic Yo-yo. Then again, Ness may go down in history for his glory in past ssbs because of his departure. The first great character to fall. A glorious battle between him and his prodige Lucas would be great though. Maybe in a future smash he will make a return. EPIC TO NO END!!!

C) Let's hope the next FE rep in Brawl (Micaiah) can be the next FE favorite too.

D) We don't need Roy as a middle man (literally, not metophorically) cause FE has better things to offer.

E) ^ (Bran New E): Luigi will return...don't worry about it. And Ganon DOES NOT need a sword. Maybe just a couple moves. (Like smashes or specials.) But we need a big guy like Ganon the way he is. Or we'll need Black Shadow...and not many people like Black Shadow :laugh:

I clubbed some baby rats recently because of this Roy thing...it seemed to help for some reason :ohwell::laugh:

Shadowball Enthusiast

Smash Cadet
Pleading For Mewtwo

I am sorry if this has already been done but i am here to speak for Mewtwo to get back in brawl.

Here are my reasons:

1. He is at the very least a character with questionable morals, in the same shade of gray as metakight, and we really need as many as possible like this.

2. He was very close to being awesome in melee, appearance wise he was brill, carrying items with his mind as he did, with a few tweeks he is back in shape

3. what he most can not be called is a clone, and as the data for his orignal moveset exists i don't see why not to put him in.

4.Anyone who is likely to buy this game, will have most likely of played Red or blue poke'mon. this means that Mewtwo will be more familiar than any of the next generations ubers.

MEWTWO For brawl and gaining the ability to pop Mario's head like a ripe water melon

Top Bottom