• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The recovery update wasn't too great, and neither was today's. On the plus side, there now won't be any more character profiles that we've already played as/aren't confirmed.

Anyway.

X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
They should also have Sothe too, yea absolutely. A thief would be so much fun to play as.
Also, they should throw in a dark magician, anima magician, and light magician.
Sothe would be kickin'. During one of my many PoR playthroughs (you'll be mine some day, Ashnard...), I actually managed to make Sothe more powerful than Ike. RNG FTW.

Also, I think every magic type could be condensed into one magic user. I'm sure Micaiah can eventually (read: post-promotion) use at least two of the three...

X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
Swordfighter, axe master, lance wielder, dagger carrier, light priestess, anima sage, dark magician... Yes, it's a bit much, and definitely not going to happen, but a guy can dream.
Ike/Marth's your sword guy, Sothe would be the dagger-man, Micaiah can cover the magics, and if I had my way, Hector and Armads would be in as the axe master.

kuenzel said:
personally, Im hoping for fabio.
Hope no more: he's totally in.

LukeFonFabre said:
Also, all I've heard is that Camelot is making a PC game, I haven't heard anything about them actually leaving Nintendo.
It's a golf MMO, of all things. They're also supposedly making a RPG for Wii (Golden Sun 3, anyone?), but that's probably still in planning.

And for the record, Camelot was only ever a second party dev to Ninty, and then that was only for a short time. They started out making Genesis games (I think they were the guys behind the early "Shining" games), then they did some stuff for Sony (HotShots Golf), and then the ubiquitous Mario Sports games. Anyway, the point is that they'll still develop for Nintendo, just not at the moment.

Wrath`

Smash Master
anyone think pikachu is smaller? he looks it.

i wonder who the first fe character anounced will be,little over over a month till e3

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
@ Chief Mendez:
We still need to see Fox and Samus first, before your comment can be totally true. And then when we see who else is returning from Melee, we'll have to go through them. I'd say we have the Fox/Samus post, and then about 8 more (*at most*) double returning characters posts.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wow. I guess I sort of spaced on Fox and Samus.

ALTHOUGH--it could be said that those two characters aren't as "old" as the four we've seens (Pit excluded), since Samus' Zamus switch should/could be explained, and we might see if Fox is any different from Melee, you know, because he's such a talked about character (he MUST be nerfed!/Leave him as is!).

Yeah, that's right: I'm UNtouchable. :D

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It kind of looks like they decided against it in the end, which is a pity as I was looking forward to pistol whipping people.

Unless there are different stances for certain characters, as Zamus seems to be able to toggle her weapon, so we may see it unholstered again.

MastaWeeji

Smash Cadet
From the evidence i'm gatherin too it looks like the characters could have different stances...

Fox --> Gun holstered/unholstered
Zamus --> Light Whip / Gun

and don't forget...

Pit --> Light Bow / Daggers

Anyway, my opinion on who should return or not:
Luigi of course is gonna be there... no doubt.
Doc, i'd like to return, but it doesn't seem like he would... but, i wouldn't mind his absence since i see that they gave Mario's fist the same effect if you time it correctly.
G&W - probably won't return, but if he does, i could see him returning with a whole different moveset, from different G&W games.
Pichu, YL most likely gone, and Marth and Roy, i doubt their return only because that their appearance in Melee was originally a promo for the newest Fire Emblem game coming out in Japan, i've heard... but if they are gotten rid of, the only hope would be a different Fire Emblem character approaches.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
^Roy's inclusion was a promotion for the next FE game, true. However, Marth is the first FE main Character, and at that point was the only one to have appeared in 2 games. Not to mention that he was one of the most requested characters for melee. His inclusion was in no way meant for promotion.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
There will be a Fire Emblem character of some sort, if you check the E3 Movie, they are fighting on a stage and in the background, there is a castle with flaming arrows attacking it, which has a Fire Emblem scent.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
From what I've heard (mainly from GenG, but he seems like a credible person), it's supposedly very similar to a battle in FE3, which happened in a place called Akanea. If it is based upon that, then Marth's chances are boosted significantly.

There was also supposedly meant to be an FE stage in melee, which wasn't finished due to time restrictions I assume. It could be that the FE stage we see in the trailer was originally that one, except touched up for Brawl.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Haha, I'd hate to be the development staff in charge of that level. "Yes I know you spent four months designing it for Melee, but now we need you to tear apart all the polygons, strip the textures, and take another six months to make it better so we can put it into Brawl." Whoever wasted four months of their life on it probably feels the same way.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I missed a week's worth of post so I'll just post this here as a marker, and can someone just give me a breif summary of all the speculations and ideas about the fact that the game uses the 4 diffrent controllers. Because you people can't get any piece of information without speculating and making up theories about it.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
(other than those already announced)...

(everyone from the original)
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Luigi

(then)
Falco
Ganondorf
Zelda
Bowser
Mewtwo
Peach (unfortunately)

next after that SHOULD be IceClimbers, IMO

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Like I've said before I hope Deoxys replaces Mewtwo. Second Marth has a better chance than Ice Climbers.
Deoxys looks too weird.

And, it seems there's a good chance Marth might be replaced by Ike or something; that's why I didn't put him in there.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
srry...im just worried zelda wont make it...

oh no....petres looking....did i ask u already about wii#s?

yeah! it would be cool to play as possessed zelda!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I never heard of a lot of Nintendo characters before the Smash series:

Samus
Captain Falcon
Ness
Ice Climbers
Marth
Roy
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit (and many other trophy characters from SSBM)

I can't wait to see who else is in the SSBB roster for me to go "Who's this guy? and why does he kick so much arse?"

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Yup, go ahead and take my number and send me a Wii-mail. I don't go on all that much, but I'd love some friends.

... I have SO many friends though really... It's not like I need anymore... I mean I can't even count them all... Must be a jillion at least... I'm not a loser at all! SHUTUP!

Top Bottom