• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
^^^ The DS version is approximately 1834.68 times better than the N64 version.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Too true.
Also, everyone knows Diamond's better. Also, my Dex is up to 304. Anyone beat me yet? Also, Dyce is back! FIESTA!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I agree to disagree on this.
I agree that Mario Kart DS is 1,000,000 times better than the 64 version but Pearl is better than Diamond.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Yeah, sure, if you like pink things. We all know pink thigs aren't as cool as blue things. Plus, which would you rather have, a tiny pink sphere that's best served as jewelry, or the HARDEST SUBSTANCE KNOWN TO MAN.

On a more practical note, Palkia has more weaknesses than Dialga. So ha.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I don't even care about the legendary pokemon and Pearl is not pink. It is very, very close but not it. And Palkia looks cooler than Dialga so...ha. I guess it is based on opinion and mine is Pearl and yours is Diamond.
To clarify, Chuch Norris' Foot is the hardest substance...Diamonds are second.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Sorry guys, I didn't know you missed me so much. Nor did I know I'd be missed. Prom weekend and all. You know the deal. Gotta love the Jersey shore.

...w00t...

I'm not really sure if they will nerf Fox so much. I think maybe they'll get rid of some of his more annoying combos like his dashA pop-up to uA Smash, or take out some of the range on his shine. That thing is just so not fair. Hopefully they'll take the semi-spike out of it.

dbz2000DG

Smash Rookie
I just hope Ice Climbers will be broght back, they are my favorite character because they are really fun to use.(Or at least another 2-person characterlike them.):)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^
Don't you hate it when n00bs think they're not n00bs and rip on people who actually ARE on topic? You know, the ones who think they're smarter than people new to the site just because they have "Smash n00b" as their rank? The ones who don't know what the meaning of the word "contradictory" is?

ANYWAY...
@dbz2000DG: No, I really DON'T hope the IC's come back. They're so annoying and cheap, they have too many glitches and are too powerful IMO, and the fact that they're two separate fighters becomes unfair at a certain level of skilled play. I say "No more double characters.". One enemy at a time is good enough for me thanks.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I've had too much fun with ICs, even as a noob [double pokeballs ftw]. I think getting rid of double characters would be a mistake. It was a breathe of fresh air to see a character that controls differently from all the others.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
^^^
Don't you hate it when n00bs think they're not n00bs and rip on people who actually ARE on topic? You know, the ones who think they're smarter than people new to the site just because they have "Smash n00b" as their rank? The ones who don't know what the meaning of the word "contradictory" is?
Don't you hate it when people rip on kids just because they don't what a word means :p

MastaWeeji

Smash Cadet
^^^
Quoted for TRUTH.

And, yea, IC's were kinda cheap in a way, cuz it was like being double teamed if you were fighting against someone who knew what they were doing (one grabs ya, and pummels you until you break out of the grab, only to be smashed with a fully charged afterwards). But it was a pretty unique character and should make it back to brawl because of that....

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
arggghhh.....nooBS.... foxs shine needs to send them far left or right so fox has little chance of scoring a combo.

Stryks

Smash Hero
But when use as a spike it will only be stronger, I say they just give the shine a hell of more lag, and no way to cancel it, thatd way it wont be useful...

MastaWeeji

Smash Cadet
But when use as a spike it will only be stronger, I say they just give the shine a hell of more lag, and no way to cancel it, thatd way it wont be useful...
good idea, cuz that's the most annoying thing to me, being slid off the edge as Luigi from a shine, and they can run up and do it again.... instakill (if it connects)

if they at least give him a longer recovery time from it, i wouldn't mind the push so much.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Wikipedia said:
Lucas (リュカ, Ryuka?) is the main protagonist, and is similar in both appearance and personality to Ninten and Ness from previous Mother games. Lucas is Claus's twin, and is often referred to by him as a crybaby. After the intro when he grows up, he is drafted by Wes to find Duster and Kumatora. He learns Psi and begins to battle against the Pig Mask Army.

Ninten (ニンテン, Ninten?) is the first controllable character in the Nintendo Famicom video game Mother.

In the prologue sequence of Mother, Ninten must control the influences of a mischievous poltergeist on the ornaments within his house. Examples of such items under the control of the poltergeist include a lamp and a doll, both of which Ninten must battle. After that he is set to investigate the origin of these strange phenomena, which also occur in the rest of the world, that are actually caused by Giygas.

Ness is said to be the equivalent of Ninten in the sequel Mother 2 (known as EarthBound in the USA). Both Ness and Ninten share similar roles in their corresponding games, in addition to having similar appearances. These similarities extend to both characters having names relating to Nintendo (Ninten being the first two syllables of the company name, and Ness being phonetically identical to the widely-used acronym of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, SNES). The most notable difference is that Ninten has asthma while Ness suffers from homesickness.

Ness (ネス, Nesu?) is a fictional character and the hero of the EarthBound video game. He is an unassuming young boy, gifted with special powers. He comes from Onett, a small town in Eagleland, and lives next door to a boy named Pokey Minch, who becomes one of the main antagonists later in the game. Ness is a silent protagonist though his thoughts are shown at one point.

I think they would make good additons.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
On a more practical note, Palkia has more weaknesses than Dialga. So ha.
Untrue.
Palkia is only weak to Dragon, while Dialga is weak to Fighting and Ground.
But I digress.
I hope Peach is given her Super Princess Peach moves. That would be cool.
Some people have suggested that Yoshi get moves based partly on the babies from Yoshi's Island DS. Anyone agree with that?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I never played Super Princess Peach, so I have no idea what her moves could be. But if I had to guess, I'd say she'd get one from that game. Or maybe she'd pull something rediculously crazy out of the ground like a Bullet Bill or a Toad or that mask from SMB2 that chases you around when you get the keys. Maybe she'll go on a crazy "pulling rediculous items out of the ground" spree! That would be funny and fit her character well.

As for Yoshi... maybe he'll be able to shoot eggs that have give off MASSIVE explosion radii. Like in Yoshi Story when you were the black and white Yoshis. I really can't wait for Sakurai to explain everyone else's Final Smashes.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Untrue.
Palkia is only weak to Dragon, while Dialga is weak to Fighting and Ground.
But I digress.
I hope Peach is given her Super Princess Peach moves. That would be cool.
Some people have suggested that Yoshi get moves based partly on the babies from Yoshi's Island DS. Anyone agree with that?
Ha Ha Cheif...Palkia rules!

Anyways, the Princess could have that healing ability, crying, angry, and she already can fly. By the way Dyce, I have that game and it is great, worth the buy.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ah, but Dialga is resistant to way more, not to mention having a complete immunity to one.

Dialga:
x2 weak: fighting, ground
x0.5 resistant: normal, flying, psychic, bug, rock, ghost, steel, dark, water, electric
x0.25 resistant: grass
Immune: poison

Palkia:
x2 weak: dragon
x0.5 resistant: steel
x0.25 resistant: fire, water

Anyway, now that that's out of the way...

I think Peach's staying mostly the same. Just because Sunshine came out doesn't mean Mario's moveset's going to be remixed. I'd be surprised if any returning characters have completely new movesets (the exceptions being clones like Ganon).

And no, Yoshi's Island 2 is a mockery of the original ,and content from it should never apppear ever again in any form.

X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
Sorry guys, I didn't know you missed me so much. Nor did I know I'd be missed. Prom weekend and all. You know the deal. Gotta love the Jersey shore.
Oh yeah, well I skipped prom so I could stay home and beat Odama! Ha-HA!

...I'm so lonely. :(

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Odama>Prom Cheif. Do not get yourself down, you made the right decision. When brawl comes, well lets just say some girls are gonna dump people or get lonely.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah and I will have Wi-Fi before or at christmas so I will be ready then. I need to train with the new stuff, levels, attacks, and whatnot before online anyways so I am not downed at all.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I think Peach's staying mostly the same. Just because Sunshine came out doesn't mean Mario's moveset's going to be remixed.
That makes a lot of sense ^_^ Peach needs to keep her actual moveset.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
...Because "Super Smash" is a better name?

I'll probably get BR when I find it for 20$, but I'll be ****ed if Ninty weasels 50 bucks out of me soley for better graphics.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Lucky post count, Dyce.

I feel the same about Pokemon, but Strikers Charged comes out in July, and not only does it promise to be a funner game, but it's also got more to it than canned battles (that, may I remind you, you can already do on your DS) and a character customization mode.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well I'm not really a fan of Mario spin-offs excluding Mario Kart, but if this one's good then I might buy it. I'm not really sure though, I said the same thing about Mario Power Tennis and Mario Baseball. The latter of which I still want.

Super Smash Bros. doesn't count as a spin-off game right? Because it's not for a certain character, it's for everyone who's awesome.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Most of the Mario Sports games are good, but nothing to really get excited about. Although I find everyone has at least one they really like (I prefer Mario Golf, myself). Anyway, Strikers was really, really fun in multiplayer, and an online mode would be the ultimate cat's meow, if you know what I mean.

And no, Smash Bros. isn't a Mario spin-off game...but it's still technially a spin-off game.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
That's what I mean, a spin-off in general. I know it's not a Mario game, that just wouldn't be fair to call it that. Although, if they keep adding Mario characters it may become a Mario game. And as much as I like the little Italian guy, he needs to keep his name off the titles of this series. They're not his games, they belong to everyone, even us!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Right now...new update: CRATES AND BARRELS OMG!

Although, I have to say, this makes me want to ride a crate down the "hill" of Corneria. Also, ZSS finally shows up in a screenshot! And...she's throwing a box, with what seems to be very little effort. I guess being raised by giant alien birds would pump you up...

EDIT - On second glance, she's not throwing it, but rather pushing it, since that particular crate has wheels (!?) on it. My mistake.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I don't think so... just a thought there could be a mini game where there are crates and barrels falling from the sky and you have to doge them

Top Bottom