• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Rolf JT

Smash Cadet
I

i8waffles612

Lol. You really excited me with the news of Marth's return. then i was like AWWWWW. lol
oh well...

i hope they make some new trailers soon...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yea, I know... Once again I'm sorry, I guess I just wanted to believe it so badly.
But in the next trailer... I want TWO characters!!! Either one returning and one newcomer, or both returning characters. I don't think I'd really be happy with both newcomers, I need some assurance as to which of my beloved 26 is returning.

I

i8waffles612

Its ok lol. I want him roy and falco back. maybe sheik and zelda too.... lol

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I really have a feeling that if Zelda returns, Sheik will too. And can we not start on "Oh but they're going to use TP Zelda, and using an OoT character turn into a TP character just wouldn't work." or any other Sheik arguement for that matter? We've fought about this countless times and it gets us nowhere. IMO I think she'll return and I hope she does. She's popular. End of statement.

As for Roy, he's popular too, but also a clone. At this point I'm only saying that Ice Climbers, G&W (I think I read that those 2 were given the axe already), and possibly Pichu and Doc won't return. Once again this is just my opinion. Leave me alone. Please.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
When I see my Falco trailer I'll be happy.
If I don't see Fox and Marth return I'll be mad as hell! I love owning with multiple characters, and Falco and Marth have always been two of my best, and two of my favorite. If Sakurai cares about most the SSBM fans he'll keep those two in, otherwise he'll disappoint many fans of SSBM.

He would be removing two of the best charactes, and he'll mess with the major tourney circuit. IMO they should definitely return, and my faith in Sakurai in keeping them (fingers crossed, lol). Hey I'm pretty sure they'll return, but there is simply NO guarentees as to who will return that hasn't been confirmed already.

There are only a few exceptions to this=Peach, Bowser, DK, Luigi, Zelda, Ganondorf, and CApt. Falcon. All the rest have at least a little chance of cuts/major changes to them, or being replaced (like many who believe Ness will be removed).

I really have a feeling that if Zelda returns, Sheik will too. And can we not start on "Oh but they're going to use TP Zelda, and using an OoT character turn into a TP character just wouldn't work." or any other Sheik arguement for that matter? We've fought about this countless times and it gets us nowhere. IMO I think she'll return and I hope she does. She's popular. End of statement.

As for Roy, he's popular too, but also a clone. At this point I'm only saying that Ice Climbers, G&W (I think I read that those 2 were given the axe already), and possibly Pichu and Doc won't return. Once again this is just my opinion. Leave me alone. Please.
Pretty much G&W IMO will return most likely, same with the IC. G&W could be changed quited a bit in attacks though. Shiek is most likely gone, but not out fo the picture. Roy IMO is about half half as to will he will return or leave.

X-x-Dyce-x-X is right with the whole TP Zelda w/t OOT Shiek won't happen arguement, but what if Shiek was her own character, because that would work. Still her populairty isn't waht I had hoped, and I'm not sure what to think of her, but I would want her to return, and IMO she should return. But hey, that is just my two cents.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Popularity wont bring back characters, it depends if there important to the serie they come from, since sheik wont make another appearance in a zelda game (pretty sure of it) she will probably not return...

nehe32

Smash Rookie
Popularity wont bring back characters, it depends if there important to the serie they come from, since sheik wont make another appearance in a zelda game (pretty sure of it) she will probably not return...
you honestly believe that? lets take Marth for example - has he ever been in a game since the SNES, no, but he was chosen to be in Melee. and sheik was a part of zelda, sheik wasnt a seperate character (although may have seemed like one) also Pit hasnt been in a game since the NES yet he is being brought back for this. some of what your saying is true though.

I think Marth would be a great character to keep in Brawl

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Oh come on, Marth has been the star of 2 games in the FE series (only Ike is even close to achieving this in the FE series, but he's had to share his spotlight somewhat in GoD) and is practically considered to be the face of the franchise. Pit also has a huge cult following and was bound to get into smash sooner or later. Sheik doesn't hold a candle to either of them.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yea, but it's just an annoyance to have to go through all of the characters individually. I definitely will but I just don't want to do it to look for a main and suck in the process. The only reason I found Falco was because I saw that True Life: I'm A Gamer on MTV. That guy used Falco and I was like "Hey, why not give it a try..." and I fell in love.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
IMO: The only reason Marth and Roy were in SSBM was to bring light to the Fire Emblem series. I don't think they were really that popular until Melee. I really don't care if Marth or Sheik is in Brawl, I'm not a big fan of either one of them. If they're in, they're in, if they're not, oh well. I don't think Sheik's gonna make it though; reason being that whole TP argument thing...yeah.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Maybe if Marth didn't piss me off so much I would care if he returned. But I don't want him to return simply because I hate playing Marth with my Faco.

But Sheik is cool so she should return.

Stryks

Smash Hero
just because shes cool doesnt mean she'll return...
Link has his TP look in brawl, so since zelda is practically in, wouldnt she have the TP look too? with that said, with her being TP zelda, transforming into her alter ego from OoT, and according to the timeline, which was 100 years b4 the events of TP, aint gonna happen, yes shes god in smash, but its like I said a few months ago:
Whatever happens in smash wont affect the characters in their respective games
Yet if something happens to the characters from their series, they will be represented with the changes they had [in smash]

Zelda is no exception, seeing how she has used the light arrows in the last 2 zelda games, I say she will probably have them in smash (even a guy from IGN said the same thing), and will probably have moves from TP as well, seeing how sheik will be gone, zelda may get a completly new moveset...

Marth may return, seeing how hes one f the (if not THE) most famous lord in the FE games, was part of the 1st FE and has 2 appearances in the FE series...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
What would piss you off more? Your main not returning or your main returning but with a completely different moveset? I'm not talking about them being Luigified or nerfed, I'm talking about them being totally gutted and remade, B moves and all. Cuz to me, that would be more annoying than them not being there, it's like "Oh, there's the character I ***** everyone with in Melee, but now I can't even play with him/her because he/she doesn't suit my play style... douche/*****."

KokiriEmblem

Smash Cadet
I'm just hoping that Shiek could be a seperate
character and I believe that Zelda will have a
sword. I will probably shift from maining Shiek
to playing as Marth. lol :link:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd like to see Link and Fox with new moves sets. Pikachu and kirby, I don't really care much about, but more creative moves would be nice. Link seems as fast as Marth now though.

I

i8waffles612

I'd like to see Link and Fox with new moves sets. Pikachu and kirby, I don't really care much about, but more creative moves would be nice. Link seems as fast as Marth now though.
Link will probably have the Gale Boomerang

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
So then maybe Link will become the new Marth o_0! IDK. I hope not. A little more speed would be nice though. If they do give Zelda her sword, do you guys think she should play a little more like sheik from melee? Of course she would still keep her magic and stuff. Just the overly **** tilts that sheik has.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I think Ganon should be faster. If Samus's recovery is as crazy as it is in Melee, I don't think they should make her any faster. I think that's what Zamus is for, speed.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
^^^^
Agree... Ganon is uber powerful and making him fast would make him too good. I think they should give him the sages sword(anyone who has played TP will know what I'm talking about...if you haven't...buy it)!

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
^^^
Hmm...that's true. Plus, if they do give him the Sages sword that would give him increased range as well. Power + Range over speed. That sounds like a better Ganon IMO.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I hope he does(if he's even in the game)as well... In Melee, he just was a cheap remake of C.Falcon. The sword would make him a new character.(by the way, whats OFC)

Top Bottom