• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd like Roy to return, it's fun playing as Marth and Roy, I hope Sakurai adds more FE characters tha are just as much fun, if not more, to play as.

I don't know squat about FE so I can't really call any characters I'd like to see, althought Black Knight looks pretty cool...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ike and Black knight are the ones that will probabl be included in brawl, them and maybe the goddess of dawn... marth may stay but doubt roy will...

I.B

Smash Lord
Luigi: No explanation necessary
Peach: " "
Bowser: " "
Yoshi: " "
DK: " "
Kirby: " "
CF: " "
Ganon: Why should he be a clone of a F-Zero racer? Return with a new moveset.
Y Link: Maybe replaced with the Wind Waker version.
Falco: If he's going to be a clone, at least make him Luigi-fied.
Ness: is cool.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Luigi: No explanation necessary
Peach: " "
Bowser: " "
Yoshi: " "
DK: " "
Kirby: " "
CF: " "
Ganon: Why should he be a clone of a F-Zero racer? Return with a new moveset.
Y Link: Maybe replaced with the Wind Waker version.
Falco: If he's going to be a clone, at least make him Luigi-fied.
Ness: is cool.
Luigi: Yes please
Peach: NERF THAT BLASTED SMASH DOWN A
Bowser: Too slow, make him a bit stronger to even it out
Yoshi: Yes please
DK: Oh come on... He has to come back!
Kirby: De-nerf him to his SSB64 days
CF: Yes please
Ganon: I agree with I.B. totally
Y Link: Also agree with I.B.
Falco: Also agree on this one too. But leave his spike, his laser, his jumps, and his sex kick. I kinda need those ;]
Ness: Same as Kirby

*you missed a few*

Doc: Get him outa here!
Pichu: Second!
Marth: Yes please
Roy: Nah, he can stay
Mewtwo: He can stay, but theres no need for him to suck. Up his moves
Jigglypuff: Yes please
Zelda: Yes please
Sheik*: YES PLEASE. Either with Zelda, or separate with Zelda having her rapier
Ice Climbers: Sure, if you can make them not glitchy
G&W: I always did like him... I say let his stay! :D

THE END

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Bowser should be far harder to knock off the stage, he should be able to survive past 300% damage and kill people under 100% depending on their weight. Right now Bowser is weak and slow.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Luigi: Yes please
Peach: NERF THAT BLASTED SMASH DA
Bowser: Too slow, make him a bit stronger to even it out
Yoshi: Yes please
DK: Oh come on... He has to!
Kirby: De-nerf him to his SSB64 days
CF: Yes please
Ganon: I agree with I.B. totally
Y Link: Also agree with I.B.
Falco: Also agree on this one too. But leave his spike, his laser, his jumps, and his sex kick. I kinda need those ;]
Ness: Same as Kirby
Agreed, wtf? Falco's sex kick.....moving on :laugh: :confused: :chuckle:

Kirby in his SSB 64=my fav SSB 64 character. Just needs power, since he isn't that fast. Look at Peach she's got mad power, and Sakurai knows how to make Kirby the best.

I own with Peach=fun randomly beating the crap ouyt of ppl who use high tier characters. Ness is SSB 64 wasn't as good as Kirby IMO, but he needs to use his dang yo-yo less and rely on his psi energy more, instaed of a piece of plastic and string! Give him some real attacks.

I prettty much 100% agree with x-x-Dyce-x-X's list and I.B's list= both are accurate and great lists. Overall I think Ness needs a lot of work, YLink needs to become WW Link, Ganondorf his sword and needs to stoop taunting us :mad: , and all returning clones need to be Luigified, but still own like they use to, period!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
My Fox got owned by a Peach like that. I don't take it too hard though, it was in a FFA and a Doc kept attacking me while Peach was attacking which made me come 3rd.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My Fox got owned by a Peach like that. I don't take it too hard though, it was in a FFA and a Doc kept attacking me while Peach was attacking which made me come 3rd.
Ya I once owned my friends (one used Falco and one used Fox) in 1 on 1's were I owned them as Peach. They were tearing me apart as Fox and Falco, and I pulled out my Link, YLink, Kirby, Roy, Mario, and Marth and they kept barely beating me. Do you know how annoying it is to keep barely losing until you drive yourself mad=?

I then pulled out Peach and I destroyed them (had 4 lives left in a 10 life game both times), and absolutely tore them apart. I countered there cheap grab combos with better ones, did attacks they didn't know, and found mind games that annoyed them, and that is how I basically won.

Ever since then I use her in rare situations, usually against ppl who think she is worse then Pichu, and just find so many ways to beat them. It is fun totally dominating ppl with characters they think suck, lol!

As for the whole Dsmash and Fthrow matter, I don't use the Dsmash as much as others do, and the Fthrow I totally use, though the Dthrow has some random neat combos I like to exloit. Also I like using her Sthrow a lot against walls so I can do my crazy combos. Then again, I annoy ppl with that with just about every character, lol! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wrath`

Smash Master
My gannon was killed by a peach,but since it was best 2 out of 3 at this tourny i was ok.He was stupid and selected big blue and the match up was Peach vs Falco,and i one that one

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
God please stop, everybody atleast once got owned really bad by a Peach... That's where Peach is Peach for. =/ That's also the reason why she's one of my secondaries. ^^;

Anyways, I still can't wait on how DK is looking this time. I really liked his Melee look, it was clearly his best model from the NGC era but I fear that he might have a huge *** Toothy Grin this time...

roy_owns

Smash Lord
God please stop, everybody atleast once got owned really bad by a Peach... That's where Peach is Peach for. =/ That's also the reason why she's one of my secondaries. ^^;

Anyways, I still can't wait on how DK is looking this time. I really liked his Melee look, it was clearly his best model from the NGC era but I fear that he might have a huge *** Toothy Grin this time...
Well... in Jungle Beat he did show his teeth alot so maybe....

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
No, I think he'll look generally the same. Maybe with a more realistic feel to him, like how they took Mario's already semi-realistic look and made it even more realistic.
... realistic realistic realistic...

Ummm... sorry... and did anyone else notice how in the opening scene of the first Brawl trailer Kirby didn't change at all?

Link: drastic change (but in a good way)
Fox: drastic change (a little wary of it at first, but now I kinda like it)
Mario: noticeable change in appearance (nothing too special)
Pikachu: cleaned up the edges and smoothed the corners a little
Kirby: little to no change at all (??? I keep watching the video, but I have to be missing something here...)

roy_owns

Smash Lord
No, I think he'll look generally the same. Maybe with a more realistic feel to him, like how they took Mario's already semi-realistic look and made it even more realistic.
... realistic realistic realistic...

Ummm... sorry... and did anyone else notice how in the opening scene of the first Brawl trailer Kirby didn't change at all?

Link: drastic change (but in a good way)
Fox: drastic change (a little wary of it at first, but now I kinda like it)
Mario: noticeable change in appearance (nothing too special)
Pikachu: cleaned up the edges and smoothed the corners a little
Kirby: little to no change at all (??? I keep watching the video, but I have to be missing something here...)
Kirby got a bit bigger and the edges were smoothed

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't like Fox from SF:A. His hair looks funny and he looks rabid with those teeth. I'm glad they didn't use that look, the best thing about the SF:A look is the suit.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
They definitely coulda combined both versions of Fox, which, IMO woulda been pretty nifty. But I think they did kinda do that a little bit, because though Fox looks like he did in Starfox: Command, they upgraded his outfit with some high-tech gizmos and whatnot.

HOWEVER, if they were to put Starwolf in Brawl, they should use the Starfox: Assault version. A rabid wolf would make him look that much more badass.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I liked Wolf's look in SF:A. I think the teeth actually suit Wolf.

As for Kirby, they can't rally do much with him, just make the edges smoother.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
He was overpowered in mutiplayer, and in single player he flew around a bit ******** but his role is great in the game, althought I wish there was more to go on, that game was FAR too short. Not worth the $50 I bought it for, probably worth $20.

KokiriEmblem

Smash Cadet
Please forgive the topic change, but I think that Link looks way cooler
in Melee than he ever did in Twilight. He's just too light to hold the equipment.
Maybe if they used Fierce Deity (LoZ:MM)... :link:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I haven't played TP yet, but TP Zelda looks cool, I heard she has a rapier now, but I wonder what happened to her transformation [sheik]. Did she [Zelda] just decide to stop transforming all together or what? Fill in the blanks pl0x

I

i8waffles612

Ok here is what I think:

Confirmed:
-Mario
-Link
-Samus
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Fox

Will Stay:
-Yoshi
-DK
-C. Falcon
-Ness
-Luigi
-Jigglypuff
(You may have noticed all the above characters are the 12 orginal characters)
-Peach
-Zelda
-Sheik
-Falco
-Ganondorf

Will Be Cut:
-Bowser
-Ice Climbers
-Mewtwo
-Mr.G&W
-Doctor Mario
-Pichu
-Y. Link

Just not sure...:
Marth
Roy

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I hated Link's look in SSBM (and his SCII version was freaky lookin'); just looking at his face pissed me off. And his voice, too, that was annoying. It's weird how I can say that and still have him as my main but...I love the TP look and his TP voice.

Also, TP Zelda FTW.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
@ i8waffles612:

The only problem I have with your list is you saying that Bowser will be cut. As much as he sucked, I think they're going to keep him. He's too crucial in the Mario series to be cut. Plus, he's what the kids want. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but Sakurai seems less interested in the professional population of Smash players and more of the youth/family/Nintendo fans. If it was up to the pros (I'm just going to consider us all part of this group), every character would be returning, and he would be listening more to the high-end group of pros (the ones who win tournaments and contests). But I still have full faith in Sakurai. He won't let us down. Except maybe the people who's main characters were cut.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'll be pissed if ICs don't return, they are the most original characters brought back from the dead. If Dixie and Diddy or Toad and Toadette replace ICs you guys know who's gonna be my punching bags.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Desynched roll I think, it's not that hard t do, just prepoccupy Popo or Nana and they'll desynch. Dance dancing is the easiest way to desynch.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Keep one of them busy. Make Popo do things Nana won't do or vice versa. There's a list on the ICs forum but I can't remember them off hand since they desynch naturally with me [seriously, they just desynch].

Top Bottom