• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Ganon was 1 of the least cloniest clones besides Falco. He isn't bad the way he is 1 but they could keep his dair and uair and change his b moves and his smahes and tilts.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
As much as I love Falco, he is a pretty cloney clone (...?...), just a bit more than Ganondorf. IMO, the list from cloniest to cloniless goes as follow:

The Most) Doc Mario- He's Mario with a horrible recovery and a different fAir
2nd Most) Roy- A slower Marth with fire and a slightly moved sweet-spot
3rd Most) Pichu- A faster Pikachu with a fairly decent amount of move alterations
3rd Least) Falco- Fox owns horizontal, Falco owns verticle. His spikes and projectile are 2nd to none
2nd Least) Young Link- A lot faster than Link with many suprising and interesting move and projectile alterations
The Least) Ganondorf- Cap'n is fast, Ganon is slow. Cap'n has a decent arsenal of powerful moves, Ganon ONLY has powerful moves. The Cap'n is on fire, Ganon is pure evil. For clones, they are very different people.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
1. if u know how to use ganon (wave-dsh, lcancel) really good he is pretty fast. especially in small platform areas...i think they should keep him in just cuz of his strength... hes a game changer before the game even starts u goota think about howyour gonna aproach him cuz hislil a movedoes 16% i mean honestly...show me a normal a move that does 16% damage

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well, I guess it's you can argue it's fair(the move sucks... its stupid) since she's so weak and gets sent flying easily.
On a side note: Kirby sucks in melee... way better in 64.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Indeed, I miss N64 Kirby -_- I already got used to the nerfed Kirby, but It would be nice to have a good Kirby again.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Don't get me wrong... I want to use Pit or hope a Falco return. I'm just saying, I think he'll be better than Kirby.(no hype from me... my Ex's don't count)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The game isn't even out yet and MetaKnight is already over-rated.....The things that a trailer can do.
I think the reason MK is so wanted is because he can fly, has a cool sword, is fast, powerful, and he will probably have one (if not the) best combo is SSBB. His sword combos simply look amazing, and I'm pretty sure that is why he is so awaited for. There are probably other reasons, but watever. He is overrated quite a bit, and Pit is extremely underrated.

Now for the whole should Ganondorf, Bowser, and other haevy characters attack slower deal. Sakurai said himself that the game speed will be more "moderated". I think that means the slower characters will have faster attacks. Also the more moderated speed could mean that heavier characters qucik attacks go faster, but do a bit less damage.

As much as I love Falco, he is a pretty cloney clone (...?...), just a bit more than Ganondorf. IMO, the list from cloniest to cloniless goes as follow:

The Most) Doc Mario- He's Mario with a horrible recovery and a different fAir
2nd Most) Roy- A slower Marth with fire and a slightly moved sweet-spot
3rd Most) Pichu- A faster Pikachu with a fairly decent amount of move alterations
3rd Least) Falco- Fox owns horizontal, Falco owns verticle. His spikes and projectile are 2nd to none
2nd Least) Young Link- A lot faster than Link with many suprising and interesting move and projectile alterations
The Least) Ganondorf- Cap'n is fast, Ganon is slow. Cap'n has a decent arsenal of powerful moves, Ganon ONLY has powerful moves. The Cap'n is on fire, Ganon is pure evil. For clones, they are very different people.
For the most part I agree, but Pichu should be less cloney than Falco and YLink. As much as a lot of people hate it, it has some original attacks, and the hurt itself. Pichu hurting itself=original, and stupid (no offense). O and Roy, YLink, and Falco are all about even in who is the most/least clooney basically (only Doc is more clooney IMO).

Also Kirby and Ness more as they were in SSB 64=awsome. Kirby looks more like his SSB 64 self IMO, so that is good news for all who like Kirby, or even Ness=me happy!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Kirby looks exactly the same in every game he's in.

As for the list... ok, I see your point. I'm going to alter it a bit:

The Clone King) Doctor Mario
A Bit Too Cloney) Roy and Falco (Roy a tad more cloney than Falco... IMO)
Only Slightly Cloney) Young Link and Pichu (Young Link a tad more cloney than Pichu... IMO)
Barely Cloney At All) Ganondorf

*I like this one better
*I'll admit, my first list was a bit biased :grin: Sorry, I'm only human!
*Today's my birthday!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Kirby looks exactly the same in every game he's in.

As for the list... ok, I see your point. I'm going to alter it a bit:

The Clone King) Doctor Mario
A Bit Too Cloney) Roy and Falco (Roy a tad more cloney than Falco... IMO)
Only Slightly Cloney) Young Link and Pichu (Young Link a tad more cloney than Pichu... IMO)
Barely Cloney At All) Ganondorf

*I like this one better
*I'll admit, my first list was a bit biased :grin: Sorry, I'm only human!
*Today's my birthday!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
Alrite biased people (and happy birthday). As much as most of us hate Pichu, the only character that is less of a clooney clone is simply Ganondorf. I like that Sakurai attempted to create a original clone character with Pichu, and it hurting itself, but it was for the most part a failure.

Hopefully none of the future SSB original-moveset characters fail anywere near as bad as Pichu did. Still, Pichu was pretty much a failure, and I'm sure almost everyone can agree with me on that one.

Also I wasn't talking about Kirby and Ness' looks, but more their moveset, and how they were better in SSB 64 than SSBM. Ness' Asmash moveset in SSBM had to revolve around that stupid overused yo-yo, vs new psi powers and stuff like that. Plus Kirby was heavier and stronger in SSB 64 than he was in SSBM, and was well...overall better basically.

XgimmickX

Smash Rookie
Well I'll be really unhappy if they don't have all the characters. Unless it's THAT difficult to squeeze all of em in they could get rid of a few I suppose..

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wish they started started working on SSBB since 2002, while everyone was caught up in SSBM. They could've worked on it longer since it's a different team and they wouldn't complain about working so soon after making SSBM and possibly left in everyone from SSBM. SSBB would probably be done by now or almost done, the only difference would be online, I guess we'd still have to wait for that.

I'm just rambling since this thread is going in circles.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
^^^^(it really is getting bad)
Did they know from Melee launch that it would be way different like this. Plus, they would still have to think everything over(I don't think they had Brawl in mind right after Melee).

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I've seen 3rd party games remake the same crap over and over, so a game of Smash's calibur shouldn't have to wait for a sales report, they should toot their own horn a bit and start thinking about a sequel. They have a great fanbase and they should trust it to pull them through.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Agreed. They should start working on it NOW but they should still wait until the next system to realease it. Having 2 Smash games on the same system will take out the love for the first one. If they start working now, they could get so much more in and it could definitely release on the system release date so we wouldn't have to wait.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
...ahhh downloadable content... Do you think it will be possible that we will be able to buy stages created later with wii points...(like Halo's Multiplayer maps)

Smash_Aholic

Smash Rookie
I think they should keep all the originals except pikachu, pichu, roy, Doc and game and watch. Other than that i think they should add a ton of new characters. :p

Smash_Aholic

Smash Rookie
And no i don't think you should be able to buy stages.. i think they should make it so you can unlock them like they did in SSBM. Buyin them would be kinda unfair>

Rolf JT

Smash Cadet
It had been great if they made new Stages (maybe even characters) you could download from wiiconnect24. I wouldn't like if I had too pay too much too get the game complete, If they were going too get payed for something, it had too bee things like new outfit, or altarnate characters too that specific moveset, not only changing colors (like Daisy too Peach, Sonic too shadow etc.) too make the game more unique for each player.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
If thet were to put stuff online it would probably be stuff like trophies and stuff. I wouldn't want stages and characters to be unlockable. Then they would have to ban characters because not everyone would be used to playing with or against certain characters and other stuff like that. (I'm talking about in tournaments.)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If thet were to put stuff online it would probably be stuff like trophies and stuff. I wouldn't want stages and characters to be unlockable. Then they would have to ban characters because not everyone would be used to playing with or against certain characters and other stuff like that. (I'm talking about in tournaments.)
Nah, the stuff that would be put in is the stuff most people actually care about, and are important to the gain, not just extras. If they had downloadable characters that could take the stress off the SSBB development team while still having Brawl come out on time.

Plus add in characters they forgot, or they didn't have time to put into the original game. Also MasterGary noone would purchase download cotent if all it was is trophies, but tons of people would download extra and new characters, maps, features, and modes to the game.

They wouldn't ban characters because you aren't used to them in tournaments, no matter how strict the tournament is, I don't see this happening. Even if characters were banned, it would only be a while until they are unbanned. Personally I say if you see a character you don't know, o well judge them by their height, wieght, and shape.

...ahhh downloadable content... Do you think it will be possible that we will be able to buy stages created later with wii points...(like Halo's Multiplayer maps)
^^^^ Downloadable content should be exactly like downloading maps on Halo 2 on the Xbox Live, and if noy maybe as a extra expansion pack disk or something along that lines. But most likely as downloadable content, it could definitely add new layers to the game. Newer maps, new characters, new features/fighting modes, some cool options, cool new items, etc.

The list goes on and on about wat could be added, and Nintendo could do this over and over again (like every 6-12 months or so), to keep Brawl fresh, and prepare Nintendo even more for a 4th SSB game (not including the likely DS version). The online feature could bring back characters who were previously cut, add new characters, bring back classic maps, and keep adding to the roster, not to mention keep Nintendo ready for a 4th SSB game=should be called SSB: Total Noob Annilanation! :laugh:

Top Bottom