• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
As can be clearly seen, this is my first post.

I heard, though I'm not sure how creditable this is, that Young Link is out, Neo Link from Windwaker is in, Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, and Dr. Mario are out, and Bowser Jr. is in. IMO Pichu is very effective in the hands of a master, although still bottom of the scale it such ridiculous lightness. The same goes for Mewtwo as well. I believe the Teleport move (^B) was supposed to make up for that, but it's too slow, leaving him to rely heavily on WaveDash.

I rather hoped, that they would cut Pikachu, leave in Pichu, and add in a whole bunch of first level pokemon, enabling them to evolve in midcombat by using their special, which I believe is done by grabbing the Melee Emblem . Grabbing two and unleashing Raiachu would be sick in every sense.

I'm so disapointed in Ganondorf's lack of swords, and I'm really his special transforms him into Ganon. Additionally, Ganondorf (or Agahnim's) most reknown move is the energy ball. That better get included.

As for Fire Emblem; let is see some state side characters. Lin, Hector, Ike, I don't care.

Golden Sun Owns. Issac is very fashionable, along with everyone else in that game.

The Tales Series owns, and Symphonia was a huge hit for Game Cube. I wonder if Llyod or Kratos might make an appearance. (doubtful)

We all want Sonic, Tales, and Megaman, and no, I won't get over Rare. Diddy owns.

MetaKnight is fresh out the kitchen, and I'm sure that between him a ZSSamus, I'm not even going to try Wario, lol.

I don't think Ness will return. Loved him initially, but required too much precision, and he had little flexibility in Melee. In Brawl, they could fix him, but I think they'll drop them based on the fact that EarthBound only made the few sales it did BECAUSE of Melee.

I'm thinking they'll bring back a new classic character. They Repped the IC and MG&W, and I'm thinking they'll throw at least two more old-timers at us. Looking forward to it.

I'll be back.

vesperview

Smash Hero
We covered most of that and you were on track, so I'll just quote this.

While not the best argument, Pichu and Doc will most likely be out. Seeing as you're new here, let me give you some advice...don't argue about a character's ability in Melee when discussing that character's Brawl elegibility.

I see this was your first post...did you join just to ask that?
Not really but I just wanted to express that, since getting through 98 pages of posts is not really easy... :chuckle:

icymatt

Smash Lord
As can be clearly seen, this is my first post.

I heard, though I'm not sure how creditable this is, that Young Link is out, Neo Link from Windwaker is in, Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, and Dr. Mario are out, and Bowser Jr. is in.
False.

I rather hoped, that they would cut Pikachu, leave in Pichu, and add in a whole bunch of first level pokemon, enabling them to evolve in midcombat by using their special, which I believe is done by grabbing the Melee Emblem . Grabbing two and unleashing Raiachu would be sick in every sense.
I don't much like this idea. It seems like too much work. Besides, Pikachu is the series mascot, so OF COURSE he'd be the one to get in.

The Tales Series owns, and Symphonia was a huge hit for Game Cube. I wonder if Llyod or Kratos might make an appearance. (doubtful)
All up to Namco, but they wouldn't likely be the ones Namco would choose to rep themselves.

I don't think Ness will return. Loved him initially, but required too much precision, and he had little flexibility in Melee. In Brawl, they could fix him, but I think they'll drop them based on the fact that EarthBound only made the few sales it did BECAUSE of Melee.
Earthbound came out 6 years before Melee and would have been long out of print, so how could it help sales? Besides, the game had a cult following in the US long before Smash Bros. and all three incarnations are fairly popular in Japan.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Golden Sun Owns. Issac is very fashionable, along with everyone else in that game.
You are entitled to your opinion. However, I do agree with you that Isaac would be a cool character to include. I was toying with attack ideas, and while I can't give you names for them(I didn't care for the game), I could try to help. I was thinking that downgraded versions of some of his psychic powers would be used as his smash attacks. Tilts would use his physical attack weapon. Special moves would involve the true versions of some of his weaker psypowers. For example, Ragnorok would be his Dsmash, hitting on only one side of him as Mewtwo. Earthquake would be his downB, hitting on both sides and propelling enemeis into the air. Etc, I will admit that I am not so knowledgeable when it comes to this sort of thing, just providing a few examples to give a sense of what I am talking about. Maybe since you believe Golden Sun ownes, you might be able to help me. Or I could simply go to an Isaac thread, there is bound to be one.

Very long and off topic.

I'll be back.
???

Significance?

If you say so...:confused:

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I only care about Peach. I have no doubt in my mind that she is returning, the only thing I am worrying about is what she is going to look like... and what they are going to change about her.

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
False.

I don't much like this idea. It seems like too much work. Besides, Pikachu is the series mascot, so OF COURSE he'd be the one to get in.

All up to Namco, but they wouldn't likely be the ones Namco would choose to rep themselves.
I agree with this, namco is known for their tekken games and soul calibur but those games hardly did anything for nintendo, Soul Calibur anyway. But it would be awsome if they did put lloyd into the game. Since he would be easiest to transform into brawl. his move set could be alittle something like this.

B: Demon Fang ( Air travel cabable )
Up B: Tempest ( on ground ) like links spin attack, Omega tempest ( Air ) Like air spin attack
-> B: Riseing Falcon
Down B: Defender ( The green orb he makes to protect himself/ like a counter maybe?

His tilts could be the same as in the actually game. Smash attacks too, maybe his forward smash could be sonicthrust or something ?

Anyway i main roy and i think he is awsome, so i dont want him to leave and i doubt he really will since fire emblem is a populare japan serise. Besides if Marth stays then i know roy will since he was the main character of fire emblem. That would be like keeping zelda but removing link ( not happening ) But if he does end up leaving ( which i doubt ) im already planning on maining pit anyway.

Edit: Oh snap i got the first post for the 100th page !? What do i win ?

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Anyway i main roy and i think he is awsome, so i dont want him to leave and i doubt he really will since fire emblem is a populare japan serise. Besides if Marth stays then i know roy will since he was the main character of fire emblem. That would be like keeping zelda but removing link ( not happening ) But if he does end up leaving ( which i doubt ) im already planning on maining pit anyway.
Er, actually, Marth is much more important than Roy. Marth is the only Lord to be the main character in two FE games, one of which being the very first Fire Emblem. Roy was simply the Lord of FE6, which was a bit of a flop anyway.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Although I normally refrain from posting in the Smash sections, I must ask something because a certain someone *looks at Interests* says that Nintendo Power has confirmed some of the characters that will not be in already (Mewtwo, Bowser, Yoshi [I know, WTF?]). Is this true...?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Look, if there is any information, it'll be from Sakurai's mouth, okay?

Nintendo Power is like the sewage drain of gaming information these days. If you want real information, jump on 1up or GamePro.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this, namco is known for their tekken games and soul calibur but those games hardly did anything for nintendo, Soul Calibur anyway. But it would be awsome if they did put lloyd into the game. Since he would be easiest to transform into brawl. his move set could be alittle something like this.

B: Demon Fang ( Air travel cabable )
Up B: Tempest ( on ground ) like links spin attack, Omega tempest ( Air ) Like air spin attack
-> B: Riseing Falcon
Down B: Defender ( The green orb he makes to protect himself/ like a counter maybe?

His tilts could be the same as in the actually game. Smash attacks too, maybe his forward smash could be sonicthrust or something ?

This is actually something I can agree with. ToS characters would be pretty concievable, and I would enjoy it. If they had anyone though it would be Lloyd and/or Kratos. Though I don't know how popular ToS was to most people u_u;;

brianmercury

Smash Cadet
i would be suprised if any characters were removed, everyone has there own character and they will be let down if their character is taken out, nintendo knows that, that's why no characters were taken out in the making of melee. the only character i would take out is pichu, because he really doesn't add to his clone pikachu at all, he just sucks more.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
:( I just hope falco comes out!! If not i dunno who am i going to pick. Plz i hope he does come back, and if he does hopefully he will have a new moveset.
You know...their is always Fox. But don't get me wrong, Falco is kick @$$!! He is cool, and I hope he returns. Yoshi is confirmed. Not officially, but their is a new Yoshi's Island stage. It looks like its tooken from Yoshi's Island DS, but anyways, I think Yoshi will be returning. Why have a characters stage and not the character??:confused:

King Arthur

Smash Rookie
Why don't they all come back, i dun get why nintendo just doesn't put as many characters as they can in their. ala Marvel Vs.Capcom 2

Stryks

Smash Hero
cause many suck (e.x. Pichu) and some shouldnt be there cause they have other forms of themselves before (e.x. mario and doc mario, link and y.link), im moslty sayin all clones should leave, minus falco and ganondorf which deserve their own moveset, and the IC and GaW should come back, cause they werent exaclty popular, and no one wanted them before melee came out...

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
"and yes yoshi Has to come out"? ok that is just a dumb thing to say. u may think he sux but a lot of people like whether it be in SSBM or in the mario games. hes just popular.

Sneakz

Smash Apprentice
Yah, even though everyone is hating on the clones i.e. Pichu Young Link Falco Ganadorf and Doc, Im pretty sure Hal knows what there doing and wont boot any character AT ALL, maybe lugify but not boot any of the characters ... unless they run out of production time, which I doubt will happen cause Nintendo wont allow a Staple Game to be Half-***** out of Hal, Nintendo will give Hal all the time in the world.

But I will be Truly pissed if Doc does not return, mostly cause Doc looks FRIGIN awesome is a power house ... unlike mario which i dis like ... even though there the same character ... it odd but i aint a mario fan just Doc

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Sneakz, Sakurai already said not everyone is returning.

And like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if he just meant that, as they are now, nobody is returning.

T-major

Smash Champion
pichu, mewtwo, roy, g&w,luigi,falco,young link,peach and ness probably wont return
WHAT!!??!?!? sorry if this sounds rude (which it will), but how stupid are you!? why the hell would they even think about removing Mewtwo (the original ledgendary, and only villian type Pokemon), Luigi (Mario's Brother, and secondary hero/sidekick), Peach (rescuing her is the main point of almost every Mario game), and/or Ness (only representative of Mother, which is a massivly popular game). seriously! why do you think this is even remotly logical!? (and thats not a retorical question...)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well, this is my list of characters chances of leaving
most likely:
dr mario: other form character to the max.
pichu: other form character from a franchise with such unique characters.
roy: clone that isnt very important+popular outside SSB (or so i've heard)

likely:
young link: other form character, although he might return because link has had many reincarnations, LoZ doesnt have many important characters and some people want him to return so he can transform into FD link.

everyone else: likely staying.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't mind some clones, Luigi, Roy, YL, Falco and Ganondorf are all fine, the others are too similar.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure this has been said, but I think we can safely assume from the most recent trailer that Doc is a goner. Mario's FAir hits two characters; one of them goes straight down, the other one goes straight up. Gone is one of the main differences between Doc and Mario.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Not really gone - they can still tweak him.

It is nice to make Mario's spike actually able to be aimed to make it work for two purposes. Very slick.

Pikminshallruleoverall

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure this has been said, but I think we can safely assume from the most recent trailer that Doc is a goner. Mario's FAir hits two characters; one of them goes straight down, the other one goes straight up. Gone is one of the main differences between Doc and Mario.
But the thing about that is that Sakuri said he was tweaking the clones. Meaning they could have him in but with a different fair. I wonder why people take that in account?
Pichu, personally thinking, should stay. He is famous in Japan(anime has such impacts) and he can have a different moveset. Just stop having him get hurt from moves like Agility when it even shouldn't hurt him...

Sgt. 21

Smash Rookie
Of all the characters being talked about, I hope to see pichu gone the most. I mean, he is a clone of a character that is not chosen as much as most characters, then he comes from a game where you have over 150 choices. I just think they should replace him with a more unique pokemon. Pikachu will very likely stay though. I also think roy could safely be taken out. Young link is a really good character to keep in my opinion, if they make him a bit better and different from link, I think a lot of people would choose him more.

jolteon20

Smash Rookie
Pichu It's Not A Good Choice At Least For Me, It Doesn`t Bring Anything New, I Mean It's Anyone Who Won A Tournament Using It? I Guess Not, Also Why They Would Remove Mewtwo, It's Such A Original Character.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Pichu It's Not A Good Choice At Least For Me, It Doesn`t Bring Anything New, I Mean It's Anyone Who Won A Tournament Using It? I Guess Not, Also Why They Would Remove Mewtwo, It's Such A Original Character.
You dont need to abuse the shift key

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Yeah, pichu is kind of an un-needed character. I heard rumors about G&W and IC's not being in brawl, but I really hope these are just rumors. They are both cool characters. If I had to see any 2 characters leave the game, it would be pichuand roy.

Top Bottom