• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah pretty sure doc is leavin, sorry EB360, same with Ylink, theres no reason to leave 2 alternate forms of the same character, its like addin luigi and vacumm luigi in the same game...

Stryks

Smash Hero
I think he shouldnt levae more replaced, replaced by who? WW link, I dont completely support him, but seeing WW link is the link from years after TP link (brawl link) I wouldnt mind, yeah true ylink is the one from all most all the LOZ games, but IMO if he doesnt get replaced by WW link, hes gotta go *note the IMO*...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im pretty sur he'll return, the only thing he needs, along with ganondorf, is a new moveset, change his stats (he falls way too fast 4 a bird) and he'll be unique enough...

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
But see, I dont think Ylink should leave since HE was the one who starred in the majority of the LoZ games.
Actually, that's not quite correct. There's four independent Link characters, separated by Zelda 1 and Zelda 2, then Link to the Past and Link's Awakening (A terrific Game Boy game), then the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask Link, then the Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link. Twilight Princess just happens to be the fifth incarnation.

Also, it's worth mentioning that Young Link is like 10-12, when most of the other Links are 16-20 ish. Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 Link comes to mind, as being quoted as "at the age of 16" according to the manual.

/nerd OFF

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Chronologically, Miyamoto hasn't nailed down a storyline, but most of them are coordinated to those four links, recently made five due to Twilight Princess.

Wikipedia it if you wish. I swear I haven't touched the page.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i think we should make a poll about which characters we want to leave/stay. people are making up BS like IC have the 3rd biggest chance of leaving brawl because noone wants them so a stickied poll with correct popularity information would be nice.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i personaly want falco back because he is my favourite and probly 1 of the most popular characters in starfox series. and he isint realy a clones because almost evrywun of hs moves have a difrent efect or works difrently than fox's but givving him sum new moves cudint hurt. and evrybody shud come back except mewtwo and pichu. ganon cud also have sum new moves. the doc doesint hav to b there either. just bring in daisy blaziken krystal wolf o donnel ridley king dedede and sum other ppls

Red Exodus

Smash Master
No one should leave, the most that should happen is that clone should get new mov sets. That way no (SSBM) fans get left out.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
That's actually a really good idea.

It eliminates the idea of "Well everyone wants _____ gone lol" being a reasonable arguement.

Can we petition Mic or someone?

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I would do it if I knew how to go about it.

And what exactly would we say? In other words, how would the poll be set up? I think it would have to be something like "check the five that you want to be gone."

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
You would have to check the characters you wanted to go because there are probably less of those per person than the characters that you wanted to stay.

Like, if you asked me which three characters I wanted to stay I couldn't answer, but if you asked me which three characters I wanted to leave I could just say "Doc, Roy, Sheik" and it would be easy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah the poll is an awesome idea! :D Someone should indeed contact Mic about this. ;)

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
But how would it be set up? In clusters (Pichu, Roy, Doc) or multiple votes and just pick from a list who you want gone?

If I knew how polls worked I'd say more.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Look, if there is any information, it'll be from Sakurai's mouth, okay?

Nintendo Power is like the sewage drain of gaming information these days. If you want real information, jump on 1up or GamePro.
Sorry to bust your chops, but no 1UP! NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

They were the ones who started that horrible rumor about the talk show and characters being cut. 1UP doesn't check out the validity of its sources as well as it should, I don't trust them.

Get your gamming information from somewhere else. GamePro is good so far as I have heard, IGN hasn't misinformed me yet.

icymatt

Smash Lord
You can believe whoever you want: 1Up, IGN, Gamespot, whoever, AS LONG as the source of their information is Nintendo themselves.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
the poll should be a checklist (like the pokemon one) about which characters you want to leave, so it would have a percentage of the amount of voters that want the character to leave beside their names.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Sorry to bust your chops, but no 1UP! NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

They were the ones who started that horrible rumor about the talk show and characters being cut. 1UP doesn't check out the validity of its sources as well as it should, I don't trust them.

Get your gamming information from somewhere else. GamePro is good so far as I have heard, IGN hasn't misinformed me yet.
You mean this one?

Didn't the fact that it claimed to be translated from a french gaming website which had an interview with the japanese developer Sakurai?

Honestly, if you want to suck up every article as 100% fact, good luck with that. Not all news sources are legit.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, in SSB, the majority of Luigi's moves shared animations with Mario's but differed in effect. In SSBM, Luigi received a few new moves with different tendencies than Mario's but still shared some animations. I'm sure you already knew all that but "Luigification" means that same sort of change while still controlling somewhat like the cloned character and having some of the same moves while still being unique enough to not be considered a clone.

I'm sure the Master Hand will be in, too.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
What is a "Luigified Moveset" I've been hearing so much about?

Also, I have a strong feeling Master Hand will be in Brawl.
its like a clone but with its clone moves doing much different effects and having a bunch of moves of their own. basicly, a clone that has been edited to the point that it is unique.
master hand returning? yes
master hand as a character? only through hacking

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Master hand will defiantly be in Brawl. He is part of Smash Bros., from the beginning. I consider Luigi a clone. His moves are just modified a little and has some added stuff, like sliding and a different B -> move. In my eyes, he is a clone,and yet a character of his own. But I am fine with clones. Also, I think Mewtwo should return. He wasn't a BAD character, was he? He was unique, and fun to play both with and against.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
They should just de-clone all of the clones so everyone (basically, some people might hate the new movesets) so fewer people will be upset. And Mewtwo needs a new moveset, other than his grabs, they all own.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
mewtwo has cool b moves just that he is very slow he has a very slow spotdodge he is so floaty and he just doesint hav much uses for his moves. his down b is a good move and is normal b. just change the forward b make him a lil less floaty and slidy and he might hav sum potential.

Del Money

Smash Champion
personally i wouldnt be surprised if all the SSBM characters return while adding in the newcomers. that seemed to be the case in the transition from SSB64 to SSBM. i doubt there can be too many characters cuz i'm sure theres been fighting games released with 30+ characters before. plus i'm sure every character from melee hasa fanbase that nintendo hopefully on't want to turn it's back on. i would guess that a couple of the clones like dr mario, young link, pichu, etc. might get a bit of a moveset renovation while the others might get a couple of tweaks for example less ridiculous down smashes (*cough cough Peach*), less ridiculous aerial move priority (*cough cough Falco*), and maybe round out the characters' speed gaps a bit better so that a say a DK can maybe somewhat fend off a Sheik at close range. i do agree, it would make sense for mewtwo to return not as annoyingly floaty. and can we please get rid off marth 2-character length grab please?

MasterGary

Smash Ace
this might not b a good idea because it wud probly delay the release of the game. but they shud test the game for like 6 months b4 they bring it out. but at least that way it wud have less glitches in it.

Top Bottom