• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Del Money

Smash Champion
yeah good point. the whole adding new characters thing plus bringing back oldies from melee could delay the release and since this game is mad-anticipated theyll probably rust production and let the glitches fly so they could possibly cut out some characters. hopefully not too many or people might just stick with melee and sales wont be so hot

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
When the game comes out they will fly off the shelves like its a hurricane! And they might just come out with later versions like brawl v 2.0 which doesn't have that many glitches like brawl v 1.0.

Del Money

Smash Champion
ah good point yet again, i keep forgetting we're now in the Wii-era right now where online console support/updates are finally no longer just a dream. you think they could even make brawl updates that include more characters? like ones that they couldnt put out before because they had to release the game? if they did that, it would kinda nix the notion of some characters not returning

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I heard online updates won't be possible since Wii can't store that many things for actual games such as characters, stages etc.

Del Money

Smash Champion
aww dammit. looks like that scratches out the Brawl v2.0 idea. i guess nintendo better get it right the first time. even though there's some insanely annyoing characters and an absurd amount of clones i would still prefer it if everyone returned, just like everyone from SSB64 returned in Melee. just with much more fairness and not make a pro player with one character an impossible matchup for a pro player of another character. and lower the number of cloned movesets. but i do want brawl to be as flawless as possible so i dont care how long it takes to release the game (unless its more than a year from now). if they need to rush game development then worse comes to worse they can always just reuse some character sprites from Melee seeing as the Wii doesnt really display next-gen graphics anyway. its graphics are only twice as good as the cube and slightly better than the xbox for crying out loud. but i aint hatin'. graphics dont make games good...nintendo does (please quote me on that)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't want them to rush it either but I reallt hope Nintendo finds a way to put game updates on Wiiconntect so we get more content. Maybe they could make an attachable hard drive or something.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I don't want them to rush it either but I reallt hope Nintendo finds a way to put game updates on Wiiconntect so we get more content. Maybe they could make an attachable hard drive or something.
Yeah, that was what I was thinking as well, at least I can hope anyways.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
thw wii can use sd memory cards so i guess u wud b able to store ur game updates and stuff on those. so the idea of a brawl v 2.0 isint out the window yet. but i dont want them to have those updates cost money. u shud just b able to get points from beating games and stuff like that so u can buy the updates with those points.

HyperKirby123

Smash Rookie
Well, you see, characters who have been in SSB and SSBM shouldn't come back except for Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, DK, Link, Samus,Kirby, Yoshi, and Fox. Did I just put all the original characters from SSB. I think I'm gonna faint. *faints*

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Well, you see, characters who have been in SSB and SSBM shouldn't come back except for Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, DK, Link, Samus,Kirby, Yoshi, and Fox. Did I just put all the original characters from SSB. I think I'm gonna faint. *faints*
it wud make alot more sens if u just put the wun that SHUDINT come back. that wud b alot less names.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Why not, I liked Marth, Roy, IC, Falco, Peach, Bowser, Capt Falcon, Ganondorf, YL, Zelda and G&W.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yes! His throws are probably the coolest in the whole game! I like the forward one the best, when he barrages mini-shadow balls at whoever he throws.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Roy just needs his own moveset. I guess doc could go. I don't really care about G&W much, but he normally kicked my butt in 2 vs 2 matches.

Pikminshallruleoverall

Smash Apprentice
yeah the doc needs to go but game and watch sucks so he need to go to. and so does pichu and roy. but roy isint that bad.
Roy was put in for a friend. Same thing for Snake. Pichu. I really want to stay but I guess I could let him go. G & W does not suck. His moves may kinda but so does Mewtwo. G & W is the grandfather of Handhelds.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Roy was put in for a friend. Same thing for Snake. Pichu. I really want to stay but I guess I could let him go. G & W does not suck. His moves may kinda but so does Mewtwo. G & W is the grandfather of Handhelds.
at least mewtwo had good throws. game and watch has 1 throw with difrent efects. and all his moes are so slow. he only had a good wavedash.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
G&W was so spontanteous me and my friend just couldn't beat them, especially when they double teamed. That was probably when I was new to smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Like a lil Luigi? No he plays like a huge Luigi, minus strenght and weight... Mewtwo's main problem is his weight. His moves are all okay, but some are too laggy or weak... Or just plain useless.

He should return though. ;)

alcheato

Smash Ace
Doc is simply too awesome to be taken out. If anyone should leave, it's that arrogant and overly cute Pichu.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Personaly, I don't want anyone to leave, I changed my mind. I want more variety of character players. I don't want everyone playing high tiers, just because its more likely for them to win. But unfortunatly, some probably will have to leave...

MasterGary

Smash Ace
not evrywun plays with high tiers. its just that sum of the low tiers r ealy suck. and not evrybody (including me) plays with high tiers because they hav a higher chance of wining. sum people just like those characters.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Doc is simply too awesome to be taken out. If anyone should leave, it's that arrogant and overly cute Pichu.
Pichu should stay. He has a higher potential to get a new moveset than Doc because of the kind of games they come from. Doctor Mario is from a Puzzle game, and Pichu could learn from a variety of attacks in the Pokemon games. It's also assumed the Doc is leaving since Mario's forward aerial acts like his own and Doc's from Melee. Pichu can get different moves than Pikachu like Iron Tail or Volt Tackle, maybe even Fly (flying with balloons that damage). He could use Present which explodes on impact or heals a partner in team battles.

Pichu has a higher potential than Doc for getting a new moveset, and somewhat of a higher chance of returning.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Pichu should stay. He has a higher potential to get a new moveset than Doc because of the kind of games they come from. Doctor Mario is from a Puzzle game, and Pichu could learn from a variety of attacks in the Pokemon games. It's also assumed the Doc is leaving since Mario's forward aerial acts like his own and Doc's from Melee. Pichu can get different moves than Pikachu like Iron Tail or Volt Tackle, maybe even Fly (flying with balloons that damage). He could use Present which explodes on impact or heals a partner in team battles.

Pichu has a higher potential than Doc for getting a new moveset, and somewhat of a higher chance of returning.
u make sum good points

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yah, Pichu can get move changes. I just don't think it would happen. I hope it does. I don't wanna see any characters get the cut, but some most likely will.
Off topic: Anyone have the wii yet? Whats it like?

Top Bottom