• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
i personaly think that they shouldnt take anybody out and add a lot of new characters. taking out characters could easily dissapoint the players.

monty06

Smash Ace
i agree they should keep all in because it doesnt matter who you take out it will make sum1 unhappy that they arent in it. it will make alot more poeple happy if u keep all the characters and just add new ones. it will make all melee players and new players enjoy the game more

Rhyme

Smash Lord
just bring everybody back reguardless of their lvl in tier.
Exactly...characters will make it into Brawl regardless of their position in the tier list.

If you don't believe me, think harder. Fox and Samus were low tier in Smash 64 and both are high tier or above in Melee. Kirby and Pikachu were top tier in Smash 64 and low tier in Melee. All 4 characters above have been confirmed. This proves that characters will be accepted, not by character rank, but by popularity and importance.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
r u serious fox and samus were low tier. wow and i used fox pretty well. but the guy who make SSB said that there will be cuts. as much as i hate that it is true. im a doc user and he will probly get the boot. i can sit here and try to explain the differences but its not worth it.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
r u serious fox and samus were low tier. wow and i used fox pretty well. but the guy who make SSB said that there will be cuts. as much as i hate that it is true. im a doc user and he will probly get the boot. i can sit here and try to explain the differences but its not worth it.
Yeah, Fox, Samus, and Link were all low tier as far as I know and experienced. The only difference being that there used to be so little difference within the tier list and now it makes a huge difference.

My best is Link in Smash 64, and he is supposedly last...go figure.

JaySmith

Smash Rookie
The only characters I wouldn't mind if they left are Doc and Roy, since I don't think their movesets are different enough to warrant them being seperate characters. But I want everyone to stay in, because it would anger alot of people if any of the characters are taken out.

EDIT: Ooo I also wouldn't care if Young Link was gone. But pichu should stay, because he pwns.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Tier list don't matter to the devolopers... sorry but it's true.

Anyways, all of the chars will probably be returning except for the clones, and even some of them will be returning uncloned, ideas include.

Pichu: He's a devolved version of pichachu, he should be cut.

Doc: Leave him in, but only as one of Mario's costumes.

Falco: Give him a assault moveset.

Gannondorf: Use a sword and dark magic.

Roy: Give him a two handed sword and different/tweaked moves.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Roy should only stay if they can make a new moveset for him and make him not suck.

I agree with Falco and Ganondorf returning but I do not think we'll see Doc grace the game as his own character, if they do costumes I think he'll be one of Mario's.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i think that falco shud hav that rocket launcher form assault that u always see him with in those pics. and they way he dodges in asualt shud b his roll dodge. and just make him difrent from fox. even tho i like him the way he is right now.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
i think falco is better than fox, fox just runs fast so they both should stay but they should change either fox or falcos moves

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Just throwing this out there so please hold your tempers, we can discuss this like human beings. Where is it written that Falco has to change? Just because he is the clone shouldn't mean anything, and I would like to make a few points on the subject.

1) Sakurai said that all returning characters were being remade on a significant scale.

If they are all being remade than Fox could easily be the one changing if they liked Falco's performance better

2) It's not like Fox hasn't changed in the past.

He was my worst character in Smash 64 and one of my best in Melee. He deffinately underwent a huge evolution, where the staff changed almost everything about him, and they can certainly do it again.

3) Except for Fox's shine and blaster, I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that Nintendo created every other move he had from scratch.

It's not like they would be removing Kirby's Swallow, they would be changing moves that he never had before. Nintendo doesn't have a strict obligation to keep them.

Personally, I liked the way that Fox and Falco played and don't think they need to be changed, but with all this talk about luigification, everyone automatically picks Falco and I think that is unfair. Just because Fox came first.

EDIT: Rocket Launcher for Falco makes him a little more like Snake, but still a cool idea. What move would it replace? Changing his downB destroys Falco's game, maybe a smash overB move?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
1) Sakurai said that all returning characters were being remade on a significant scale.

If they are all being remade than Fox could easily be the one changing if they liked Falco's performance better
Or they could change both. They could split the moves between them, change the effects of some, and fill in the blanks with new moves. Or they could change everyone.

EDIT: Rocket Launcher for Falco makes him a little more like Snake, but still a cool idea. What move would it replace? Changing his downB destroys Falco's game, maybe a smash overB move?
They could always change another move to compensate. Just because it was godly in the last game doesn't mean it's the single, greatest, unbeatable concept that can never be bested. Though a projectile smash could be cool alongside the multihit tilts they're adding.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
Pichu: There is not one thing original about him, plus he loses health. Therefore, he should go.

Dr. Mario: Pretty much the same deal as Pichu except he doesnt hurt himself.

Roy: He'll be replaced by another Fire Emblem character.

Mewtwo: He has a lot of potential. If they make him a little heavier, a little faster and replace most of his B move he can be VERY good.

G&W: Something tells me he was a one time character only.

Ness: He should stay. I've seen some amazing things done with him. It would be nice if they made his pk flash faster but a little weaker.

Young Link: I like him but I think hes gonna go. Makes sense considering he hasnt been used in a while, plus he wasnt very original. Maybe they could make Link a little quicker.

Falco: He need more added to him. He has some potential also.

Gannondorf: They need to strip all his moves away and start from the begining. They should keep his weight and power though.

Jigglypuff: Needs more speed.

Yoshi: I never like his size. He'stoo big. They should make him smaller but add more power. He's like a big light weight.

As for the Master Hand, he'd need to be scaled down quite a bit to be playable.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Pichu: There is not one thing original about him, plus he loses health. Therefore, he should go.
What do you mean there's not one thing original about him? He's the only baby Pokemon in Melee and the only one to represent Johto in it. Plus he's the only one who hurts himself when he uses certain moves. He could be considered as a handicap character from all his weaknesses unlike all the other characters. Those are some things unique in him. Change his moves to those only learned by breeding or TMs in the Pokemon games, then he would be more different.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ganondorf will (probably) use his weapon/attaks from TP.... now I wont spoil anything for u guys, but after u guys pass TP u'll see what uim talkin about...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This is a tid bit off-topic, but is it just me or is the rep system gone? I can't rep anyone.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Rep system looks like it's been killed off.

I'm surprised there's no announcement about it.

monty06

Smash Ace
What do you mean there's not one thing original about him? He's the only baby Pokemon in Melee and the only one to represent Johto in it. Plus he's the only one who hurts himself when he uses certain moves. He could be considered as a handicap character from all his weaknesses unlike all the other characters. Those are some things unique in him. Change his moves to those only learned by breeding or TMs in the Pokemon games, then he would be more different.

I agree pichus pretty unique in this game there is no reason for them to take him out of it. also g & w alo hurts himself if he gets a 1 on the fb attack.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
pichu just has all the same moves as pikachu. he's weaker. his upb is slower. he hurts himself when he uses electric moves. and he's easier to kill. is there any reason to keep him?

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
god dam you stryks!!!!! I said noone spoil it for me i haven't play the game yet, perfect! now i know ganon uses swords.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Topic's probably dead, but what the hell.

I play as the following in melee, in order of who I'm best with;
Adult Link: (Black Tunic)
Marth: (Red Clothing & Cape)
C.Falcon: (Original or Dark Grey)
Doc.Mario: (Black Outfit or Original White)
Fox: (Green outfit or original colors.)

I think the following should return in brawl;

Deffinaitly returning;
Mario
Link
Kirby
Samus
Pikachu
Fox

But here are the people I really want back;

Gannondorf
Marth
Captian Falcon
Luigi
Sheik
Zelda (Yes, her and Sheik seperate characters)
Falco
Ice Climbers (Mainly because one of my friends is amazing with them)
Pichu
Doc. Mario

People I REALLY want out;
Y. Link (because if they put him in it would be Wind Waker graphics, and it would look crap!)

People I don't care about;
Roy
Bowser
Peach
Ness
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Donkey Kong

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
pichu just has all the same moves as pikachu. he's weaker. his upb is slower. he hurts himself when he uses electric moves. and he's easier to kill. is there any reason to keep him?

well his up smash is different... your argument is faulty...lol. Just trying to be a ****

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
His up smash is different, some of his attacks are faster, and some of his attacks work differently. For example, Pikachu's down smash can trap others and shock them while Pichu's down smash knocks them away without shocking them. His up B is slower, but easier to control. He maybe weaker, but I think his up smash is better than Pikachu's. He's also faster in my opinion. Again hurting himself from using electric moves make him unique even though there is one instance where G&W hurts himself and Roy causes 10% to himself when he fully charges his B attack. Him being easier to kill is one of the reasons he's considered a handicap character.

Some people, like me, find it easier to play him than other characters. He's also fun to play with. I'm repeating myself by stating he represents both Johto Pokemon and Baby Pokemon. He has potential to have different moves. He's also really cute, especially when he sleeps. Therefore, there are reasons he should be kept.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
I don't think he is very different from Pickachu in fighting and apperence. That's just my opinion.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
His up smash is different, some of his attacks are faster, and some of his attacks work differently. For example, Pikachu's down smash can trap others and shock them while Pichu's down smash knocks them away without shocking them. His up B is slower, but easier to control. He maybe weaker, but I think his up smash is better than Pikachu's. He's also faster in my opinion. Again hurting himself from using electric moves make him unique even though there is one instance where G&W hurts himself and Roy causes 10% to himself when he fully charges his B attack. Him being easier to kill is one of the reasons he's considered a handicap character.

Some people, like me, find it easier to play him than other characters. He's also fun to play with. I'm repeating myself by stating he represents both Johto Pokemon and Baby Pokemon. He has potential to have different moves. He's also really cute, especially when he sleeps. Therefore, there are reasons he should be kept.
But why are baby Pokemon important? Do they have a huge impact over the show, or was it decided that it would be easier to create hundreds of pre-evolved forms of creatures rather than next stage evolution creatures? Either way, I assume that baby Pokemon aren't that important if I knew who Pichu was but never knew he was a Baby Pokemon.

His handicap, as people refer to it, was probably Nintendo's faulty thinking that an un-necessarily fast and weak character would be good, much like an un-necessarily slow and strong character. It turned out that the extremes were not as good as Nintendo had hoped, but that is beside the point. This paragraph was telling how it wasn't an intentional handicap, the previous about how not important Pichu is. So why include him in a second game when it is debatable that he shouldn't have been in the first? Who knows.

What instance is there that Gdub damages himself?

EDIT: Pichu has a better upsmash? No way! Pika's is as powerful as Fox's, more powerful if you ask me. It KO's Marth on Pokemon ~70%, now that's fpowerful. The only benefit of Pichu's that I can see is that it hits behind him, but that hardly compensates for the loss of knockback. Plus, Pichu is the only character in the entire game without a *spike.

*A spike is any attack that hits at a downward angle, knocking the opponent away from the level.

Top Bottom