• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

jolteon20

Smash Rookie
Well Nintendo Is Making A Big Mistake Including Characters Like Snake, The Smash Games Were Exclusive From The Nintendo's World.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I am not a fan of the DKC franchise so I couldn't say, but what small tweaks could they add to DK's moveset?

Let me provide an example, in Smash 64 DK did his spinning kong and hit people away but light enough that they might be struck another time or two by his fists. In Melee, his spinning kong drew people in so they would be hit multiple times, plus they added his initial strike feature. If someone was at the "above your head area", they would be struck by his hand and flung away as a precurser to the actual recovery.

This small addition doesn't have to be to his upB, but to any move that could be changed to better represent DK from his respective series. What do you guys think?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Well they've got Donkey Kong 64 - an extremely underappreciated game - to screw around with as far as DK's movelist is concerned. Though giving him ranged weapons is scary in theory, his coconut gun would be pretty interesting.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I don't really want megaman or sonic in. I think the game is fine without them.
Why not megaman? I can understand people not wanting sonic due to his lack of edge since the good old days. And because he was never on a nintendo system till the gamecube (correct me if I am wrong).

But megaman has been around since the nes, and has been on every nintendo system. And he just has so many possibilites. I personaly think you are crazy for not wanting either of these great characters in brawl.

And melee is just fine as it is, but that doesn't mean that they will just give it new graphics and repackage it. They are going to add characters,stages,items,and much more, and chances are Megaman and Sonic will be in the final rooster.

tappy

Smash Ace
megaman would be kind of cool:) i wouldn't mind if sonic was in brawl but i'd rather him be in the game than snake, i just dont like the idea of smash bros bringing in more non-nintendo characters into the game.......

T-major

Smash Champion
I am not a fan of the DKC franchise so I couldn't say, but what small tweaks could they add to DK's moveset?

Let me provide an example, in Smash 64 DK did his spinning kong and hit people away but light enough that they might be struck another time or two by his fists. In Melee, his spinning kong drew people in so they would be hit multiple times, plus they added his initial strike feature. If someone was at the "above your head area", they would be struck by his hand and flung away as a precurser to the actual recovery.

This small addition doesn't have to be to his upB, but to any move that could be changed to better represent DK from his respective series. What do you guys think?
well, for one, they need to give him a wall jump. I mean, he's a gorilla! he should be able to wall jump! (plus, he could wall jump in jungle beat)

his down B should be his simian slam if you use it in the air. it would be like most other slam moves, but it would let out a shock wave that sends people upwards.

his side B needs to be tweaked. not replaced, just made better.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
well, for one, they need to give him a wall jump. I mean, he's a gorilla! he should be able to wall jump! (plus, he could wall jump in jungle beat)
Would it be fair to allow only 1 slow character to walljump? I guess if he did it in one of his games before...

his down B should be his simian slam if you use it in the air. it would be like most other slam moves, but it would let out a shock wave that sends people upwards.
How would one create a shockwave while in midair? I know smash isn't exactly realistic, but this isn't warped physics you are suggesting, it's friggin' impossible! Shockwaves are created when things vibrate, so unless he claps very hard, there is nothing to hit against while in midair.

his side B needs to be tweaked. not replaced, just made better.
Agreed.

T-major

Smash Champion
Would it be fair to allow only 1 slow character to walljump? I guess if he did it in one of his games before...

It would be fair. I don't see how him being slow, with the abilty to wall jump, would have any effect on other slow characters... it would be a unique feature for DK. we need diversity!

How would one create a shockwave while in midair? I know smash isn't exactly realistic, but this isn't warped physics you are suggesting, it's friggin' impossible! Shockwaves are created when things vibrate, so unless he claps very hard, there is nothing to hit against while in midair.

ummm.... he makes a shock wave when he hits the ground... I said "simian slam" as in the ground pound type move from DK64... if you use down B in the air, DK would slam downwards, and make a shock wave that sends people upwards.
also, make his running attack his roll attack from DKC.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
also, make his running attack his roll attack from DKC.
That could work for a running attack, and I guess it wouldn't be too unfair if he could walljump.

I didn't understand what you ment by simian slam, seing as how I have never played a DKC game and you didn't compare it to an existing attack.

EDIT: Anyone else notice that, aside from the occasional passerby, there are about 8 main contributers to the thread?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I used to, I'm just kinda burnt out discussing Brawl. I basically read them avidly now instead of read avidly and reply. once we get more information on returning and new characters, I'll probably start up again.

I never really played any of the last few DK games, so I can't really contribute to that.

T-major

Smash Champion
That could work for a running attack, and I guess it wouldn't be too unfair if he could walljump.

I didn't understand what you ment by simian slam, seing as how I have never played a DKC game and you didn't compare it to an existing attack.

EDIT: Anyone else notice that, aside from the occasional passerby, there are about 8 main contributers to the thread?
I said "it would be like most other slam moves...". "slam" is what I call the ground pound type moves. I'm just used to refering to ground pounds as "slams", so i said it without thinking. I understand why you would be confused. but now every one knows what I'm talking about, so I guess thats all that matters.

len1

Smash Journeyman
? I can understand people not wanting sonic due to his lack of edge since the good old days. And because he was never on a nintendo system till the gamecube (correct me if I am wrong).

Did The GBA come before or after the cube?

T-major

Smash Champion
? I can understand people not wanting sonic due to his lack of edge since the good old days. And because he was never on a nintendo system till the gamecube (correct me if I am wrong).

Did The GBA come before or after the cube?
I think they came out around the same time, but I could be wrong....

on the topic of Sonic, some people might recall me being against Sonic in Brawl. well, I think you would be happy to know that I have changed my mind. after watching the opaning to Sonic CD, I was instantly convinced that Sonic would be a great addition to Brawl!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Nah gotta say that:

Marth
roy
GAW
ICs
pichu
Y. link

are gonna go, if u ask why the FE guys, gotta sa that they should be replaced by Ike and black knight IMO (note the IMO), and mewtwo bowser need better stats and less laggy moves, also ganondorf and falco deserve their onw moveset...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I think they came out around the same time, but I could be wrong....

on the topic of Sonic, some people might recall me being against Sonic in Brawl. well, I think you would be happy to know that I have changed my mind. after watching the opaning to Sonic CD, I was instantly convinced that Sonic would be a great addition to Brawl!
I always approved of Sonic for Brawl. After seeing the new Sonic games for Playstation, Wii and X-Box 360 unvailed, I am finding it harder still to believe that people don't want Sonic in Brawl. Glad to see you have joined us, T-Major. Btw, what does CD stand for? I looked on IGN and it's telling me nothing, don't know where else to look...

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Marth is pretty safe - not because he was top tier, but because he was one of the first Fire Emblem protagonists. Game and Watch and Ice Climbers are extremely unique, so there's no point in throwing them out. Other than that, it's pretty likely that your list matches up.

EDIT: CD doesn't stand for anything, it's the Sega CD Sonic game. Sonic CD...get it?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Marth is pretty safe - not because he was top tier, but because he was one of the first Fire Emblem protagonists. Game and Watch and Ice Climbers are extremely unique, so there's no point in throwing them out. Other than that, it's pretty likely that your list matches up.

EDIT: CD doesn't stand for anything, it's the Sega CD Sonic game. Sonic CD...get it?
Aah...usually letters signify some greater purpose.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Exactly, the latter's greater meaning being my greatest desire.:chuckle:

EDIT: I remembered the moment I hit the submit button...when you check your reputation history and find a blue square, what does that mean?
No idea, but after nabbing both Metroid Prime Hunters and Castlevania POR, I am inclined to agree. DS = much ownage.

But, back on task.

Yes, Ice Climbers had better stay. They're entirely too unique to be kicked.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I thought the DS stands for Dual Screen?

And, I hope they bring the ICs back because I have the most fun using them :).
Well technically it stands for both. Take it in context.

CD stands for compact disc, actually. In case you didn't know. ;)

Also, the Ice Climbers were, like, the best characters evar. They'll never leave. Nevar.
I do know that CD can stand for compact disk, but thought that maybe since (s)he placed the "CD" adjacent to the word "Sonic", that they were part of the same title. Sonic Cosmic Devils?...I don't know, these companies can come up with some prety crazy names.

No idea, but after nabbing both Metroid Prime Hunters and Castlevania POR, I am inclined to agree. DS = much ownage.

But, back on task.

Yes, Ice Climbers had better stay. They're entirely too unique to be kicked.
Yay, someone in agreeance with the awesomness of DS! "Give inn to her Dark Side!":laugh:

You might find it difficult to debate IC's, seeing how the only people left in this thread are sensible smashers who know the value of the character. I myself was converted not to long ago, but only after actually applying myself and learning the character. I have since given up practicing because I don't enjoy playing them, but I now realize their true worth.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Yay, someone in agreeance with the awesomness of DS! "Give inn to her Dark Side!":laugh:
Bah! You trickster. I meant the Game Boy DS.

I suppose that's one way to get me to admit Dark Samus is cool.
anyone know if this is completely bogus or not? please look at it, i figure someone could easily make something like this on their own pc, but either way, id like someone else's opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkWCy0wbmHw
Very fake.

1 - Snake isn't on the character roster.
2 - The avatars for each character are blatantly taken from strategy guides and concept art, in particular Zelda, Felix, Isaac, Ness, Jef, Paula, Poo, Gannondorf...Hell, the entire Mario Bros cast (Except Bowser Jr) is just the Mario Kart 64 avatars, and Geno and Mallow are blatantly from the strategy guide.
3 - The fact that the video is only three images - still frames, at that - gives away the fact that it was all photoshopped. If there were character select hands moving or something, then it'd have more credibility.

McD

Smash Journeyman
The only characters I wont mind leaving are Roy, Falco and Pichu. (I still love pichu, he just doesnt need to be in it). But the ones that HAVE to return are the original 12 and all the starters in melee.
WHAT ! PICHU !
PICHU MUST STAY IN !
>< NOOO!
RAAA !
anyways, yeah, I agree . . . but keep Pichu . . .

vesperview

Smash Hero

As people already pointed out, I think Roy is a good character but he should have a unique set of moves, Pichu and doctor Mario are goners though, and for those of you who think Diddy and Dixie will be in the game, get over Rare already.

You know in the beginning I really thought that Ganon's moveset was totally useless since is Captain Falcon a little stronger, but since he is part of the three triforce characters you will hardly not see him in brawl.

If I have to request a third party newcomer, I must say Sonic the Hedgehog, Simon Belmont or Megaman, but since Sonic is kinda like a shoe-in already considering that he is the most requested.

And don't be a fool :dizzy: of course Yoshi will return specially since there is a Yoshi's Island stage all renewed for all pleasure, it is a sure giveaway.

Pichu on the other hand could but most likely won't, believe me anyone knows Pichu sucks, I mean he hurts HIMSELF I mean how can that be a good thing, plus he is another lame Pikachu clone... same story with Doctor Mario, OMG he throws pills instead of Fireballs, what a CHANGE!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Pichu on the other hand could but most likely won't, believe me anyone knows Pichu sucks, I mean he hurts HIMSELF I mean how can that be a good thing, plus he is another lame Pikachu clone... same story with Doctor Mario, OMG he throws pills instead of Fireballs, what a CHANGE!
We covered most of that and you were on track, so I'll just quote this.

While not the best argument, Pichu and Doc will most likely be out. Seeing as you're new here, let me give you some advice...don't argue about a character's ability in Melee when discussing that character's Brawl elegibility.

anyone know if this is completely bogus or not? please look at it, i figure someone could easily make something like this on their own pc, but either way, id like someone else's opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkWCy0wbmHw
I see this was your first post...did you join just to ask that?

Nimoshi

Smash Rookie
Why get all worked up about a character being taken out? There are plenty of new ones for us to try, and who knows, you might even do better with them.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Why get all worked up about a character being taken out? There are plenty of new ones for us to try, and who knows, you might even do better with them.
But if you support a character, it's different.

For example, I main Samus. Now they could take out Samus and the hunt for a new character would begin. Given that Nintendo will probably change fighting mechanics, it will probably take a year of playing to find the new character that is my best character. And I will go on playing that character and hopefully winning tournaments.

Now, what if Samus would have continued to be my best character, but I would never know that if she gets taken out. Also, what if it is a character that I am not so good with, such as Bowser, who I might argue to keep because I wish I was good with him. Or, I might fight for him just because he doesn't deserve to get the boot.

Any way you wish to look at it, people support a character because he/she means something to that person. Just because there will be 3 dozen more characters doesn't mean that I will forget my troubles and pick a different character. Sometimes you just have to take things to heart.

This was a hypothetical situation. Samus has literally zero chance of being removed, but I won't lie and create a situation.

Top Bottom