• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

jolteon20

Smash Rookie
clones in melee weren`t different enough, nintendo would change that point. doc Mario I'ts a good character in some way similar to Mario but I guess it looks funny!!!

Arran64

Smash Rookie
I think all should return except Doc, Pichu and Young Link... maybe Roy, too... as much as I loved him. All the other clones just need their own movesets. :)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't think anyone should leave. Every character has a fanbase, every character is somebody's favorite character.

How would you like it if people started saying *Insert your favorite character here* shouldn't be in Brawl, she/ he sucks or serves no purpose

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Well if u think about it Luigi was a clone in SSB but in Melee they made him a different character. Its possible that they can change these characters into there own thing. For example Ganondorf. We all kno he uses a sword in the Zelda games and it shows in ssbm but he never uses it. Its possible for them to incorporate his sword and his magic as moves....possibly a Ganon (Pig) transformation.

Bahamut27

Smash Apprentice
Well if u think about it Luigi was a clone in SSB but in Melee they made him a different character. Its possible that they can change these characters into there own thing. For example Ganondorf. We all kno he uses a sword in the Zelda games and it shows in ssbm but he never uses it. Its possible for them to incorporate his sword and his magic as moves....possibly a Ganon (Pig) transformation.
:cool: i was thing that and talk with my friend about that....

KilZ

Smash Cadet
Thats true Luigi was a clone, I think there gonna kick out Doc(Even Tho I love him!) and Pichu No doubt. Maybe roy but Marth and roy where big hits so maybe not.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Finally some positive feedback towards me. Anyway I'm tryin to think how would they change Roy. Maybe use some moves from the fire emblem game. If they do replace Roy they will probably use Eliwood being that he's more known and in fact he is Roy's father.

icymatt

Smash Lord
It would quite easy to make Roy different: just make him more power-based. Or make Marth a fencer.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
yea. the only thing i see they got from the game is roy sheathing the sword. For Doc, i have no idea what they can do so he may be dropped. Pichu..........................highly doubt to keep....maybe a wild burst of electricity being that pichu cant control it well. Falco....for some reason i feel he will be replaced with star wolf...strange gut feeling.Young link...I heard something about theyre gonna put the wind waker link in place of that one...u kno..the cel-shaded one... They can put the super spin attack( when he spins for a long time) for him with major recovery time. It could be controlled like bowsers up-b. Better yet. 2 variations of the spin attack. Wasnt it strange that all zelda games the spin attack u had to charge it but here it was a tap. Maaaayybe u may be able to charge to next one...possibly with the energy flowing from it.1 is the regular quick spin attack and the second is the chargable one.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
yea. the only thing i see they got from the game is roy sheathing the sword. For Doc, i have no idea what they can do so he may be dropped. Pichu..........................highly doubt to keep....maybe a wild burst of electricity being that pichu cant control it well. Falco....for some reason i feel he will be replaced with star wolf...strange gut feeling.Young link...I heard something about theyre gonna put the wind waker link in place of that one...u kno..the cel-shaded one... They can put the super spin attack( when he spins for a long time) for him with major recovery time. It could be controlled like bowsers up-b. Better yet. 2 variations of the spin attack. Wasnt it strange that all zelda games the spin attack u had to charge it but here it was a tap. Maaaayybe u may be able to charge to next one...possibly with the energy flowing from it.1 is the regular quick spin attack and the second is the chargable one.
Just a warning, talk about Falco is usually met with strong oposition around these parts.

What if they made the spin attack sort of like Pikachu's overB, where you can just tap it to release it and does minimal damage, but if you charge the attack, you fall longer and fly farther. Then it would be fair because you could always charge and make it back to the same spot, but your opponent would have to take more care edgeguarding you.

I have the strangest feeling that if they do the above, that Link will end up with a reasonable amount of charge possible, and Y. Link will end up like Pichu, charging for 10 seconds at max causing massive damage.

As far as the Roy video, Roy in that version has finess and speed, while the melee version is lagy and weak. It appears like all his fire element attacks took a while to build to full power, hence fireblade, while his physical attacks could be released quickly if performed correctly, as in shffling. Maybe it's just because I have never played the FE game, but I don't grasp how the two versions are different, asside from some lag.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Like I've said - Roy would be just fine if it wasn't for the fact that his lag makes him almost unplayable. Exchanging speed for power? Okay, sweet. I dig that. A counter that works off of the damage done? Sick, I can do that.

The problem is he was half-*****. His 'spike' dair is less than useless. His Fair is too slow to do anything functional. He can't combo at all because he lags too much, meaning he needs to get good hits in. Good luck with that.

He's probably going to be "Switcherood". They'll just switch him out for someone else.

jolteon20

Smash Rookie
yeah you're right, but roy can be fast if you use it well, his wavedashing it`s really good. everyone must realize that roy has the same moves that marth have, now if you askme you can look faster using marth, and stronger using roy, also you must play closer to the other character playing as roy. now for the roy combos, he can do some but it don't look spectacular as marth does, in some way people try to use roy as they do with marth and that's wrong, they are clones but not like mario and doc.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yea. Jolteon said it. Ppl always try to fight the same way with them both. Doesnt work. But theyre losers who dont understand. I know some personally. :-)

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
But the problem is, they have very different fighting styles; Marth fights in the rapier style of "Good," and Roy fights in the broadsword style of "****ty."

As much as I love Roy, his lag lends itself to complete abuses.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Not to be an a*s but I thought a rapier style is fencing and a broadsword is a chinese art. Sorry I study sword styles and such. Nvm. Anyway, Roy can be slow but u can get around it. i get around the fact and NEO definitely gets around it. But as i said nintendo can change his moves or a person that represents him such as his father.

Bombco101

Smash Journeyman
Yeh nintendo realy blew it with doc and Mario. They say there are differences like doc's cape is longer and Mario's faster(clearly shown), but it didn't fan out too well.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Not to be an a*s but I thought a rapier style is fencing and a broadsword is a chinese art. .
Kind of. Broadsword is 90% of the time used in reference to the English weapons of swords. Rapier style is italian/french style fencing, yes. The chinese 'dao' sword is sometimes translated into "broadsword".

It's irrelevent.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers should certainly stay.

The Ice Climbers character is one unique among all the others (but in a good way, unlike, say, Mewtwo). They aren't bad fighters by any means, and I would consider them to be one of the more difficult characters to "master," if that means anything at all in this discussion.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
THANKYOU. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. ICE CLIMBERS KICK @$$! I STARTED MEELEE AS THEM, AND I WILL NEVER DISCONTINUE PLAYING AS THEM. ACCORDING TO SOME CHART I READ IN A GAME INFORMER MAGAZINE OR SOMETHING, IT LISTED THEM AS HAVING THE BEST STATS. Caps locks...lol, anyways, it listed al characters stats, like marios atta, 3 stars or whatever...ice climbers had the best, or tied with the best, but they said that someone else was better, even though they had lower stats...anyways, Ice Climbers rule, and I consider myself as having mastered them. I believe they should stay, because yes, they ARE unique and are fairly good. One thing though, Mewtwo wasn't that bad, was he? I think he is an okay character. I hope they both return. As for Roy, I don't really give a rats @$$. Math, I would say is in, but who knows? I do care about Marth, not Roy...but then again, who cares?

cb_marth

Smash Ace
IC's are actually pretty good. I agree they should be kept in the roster. They are not popular characters but they are still really good. I find the IC's and Yoshi are really good characters yet are very underrated.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Perfect!

IC's are actually pretty good. I agree they should be kept in the roster. They are not popular characters but they are still really good. I find the IC's and Yoshi are really good characters yet are very underrated.
Execellent. Both of those characters (along with Jigglypuff) are my mains.

They can't cut Yoshi, though. He's an original Mario character. They need him for publicity if nothing else. I can't see Jigglypuff going anywhere either.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yea. Jigglypuff cant go cause its the second most popular pokemon in japan. Thats y it was in the first one.

Gold Fire

Smash Rookie
i fear that zelda/shiek may not be returning, i really hope that isn't the case. If you watch samus' moves in the trailers, they shockingly look very familiar to shieks moveset. Also, that realistic sorry character snake has moves similar to Capt. Falcon and Ganon. Man, honestly, the only way you can improve a game is just to add to what you have and make all the old things upgraded, not completely remove what made the game great for each and every single person. My roster is Mario/Doc, Shiek, Young Link, Falco, and Ganon. Out of all of the names listed, it looks like mario may be the only one returning which makes me scared to think that they may have been replaced or completely deleted. As a fan of the game, I won't enjoy it at all with them gone. A small example of this is kinda with melee. I was a little disappointed that the board the platform practice was removed, melee would've been slightly better with just leaving it in. AWW TAKING THE GREATNESS IN ORDER TO MAKE GREATNESS ISN'T NECESSARY, JUST IMPROVE AND ADD!!!! A lot of people in my area feels the same way too. Why waste variety, just simply add, make the game two disc if its needed, just don't take away from the superior factor of the game.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Gold, sorry, but no.

No characters are being removed because of movelist similiarities. That's absurd logic. Half of this game is fanservice anyways - why would the combat aspect of the game matter when it came to characters returning?

Gold Fire

Smash Rookie
Stated not logic. I'm speaking out of fear. I didn't say they were for sure not returning, I'M SCARED THAT THEY MAY NOT BE RETURNING. The similar movesets that they own is just making me worried, that's all. They could return (AND I WANT THEM ALL TO RETURN), and they may not return, I don't know. All I'm saying is that they should just add to the game instead of taking things out to make the game more massive. Also, you said that smash was fan based right? Umm, what about the controversy with Snake? Yeah it's true, a lot of people want to see Snake, yet a lot of other people (Mainly hardcore smash fans and nintendo die hard fans) think that it wasn't honorable to place a "Nintendo Traitor" that's been giving glory onto Sony into a glorified historic Nintendo game. Also the talk of adding other 3rd party characters in like Sonic is raising issues towards a large chunk of smash fans. Don't take this the wrong way, honestly I respect your claim, but personally I think that it isn't fan based, more like "whatever the director feels like" based game...

icymatt

Smash Lord
The kind of people who view Snake as a 'Nintendo Traitor' are the kind that I would cross the street to avoid.

But seriously, if you think Smash Bros. isn't completely fan service, I only need to give you one name: Pit.

Pit. Pit. Pit. Pit. Pit.

And Ness.

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
The kind of people who view Snake as a 'Nintendo Traitor' are the kind that I would cross the street to avoid.

But seriously, if you think Smash Bros. isn't completely fan service, I only need to give you one name: Pit.

Pit. Pit. Pit. Pit. Pit.

And Ness.
lol, cross the street. but yea pit is awsome, my new main for sure.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Speaking of Pit. If u look at the second trailer, notice when wario attacks him he instantly warped behind him. I swear if thats a fast-a*s dodge......i'll cry!!!!.................in happiness.

FoxsLegacy

Smash Rookie
Pit and Metaknight seem to be the most promising of the new characters coming to Brawl. I can't wait to use Pit and Metaknight they are going to be so awesome, and fast! Also I can't wait to play on that coliseum looking stage in the trailer where the platforms break when hit!

FoxsLegacy

Smash Rookie
I definately think they should kick out Pichu and G&W. Most importantly though I think they should make DK a little more diverse, he's very hard to use. Megaman would be a sweet addition to Brawl I think, he is well known around the world I'm sure.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I definately think they should kick out Pichu and G&W. Most importantly though I think they should make DK a little more diverse, he's very hard to use. Megaman would be a sweet addition to Brawl I think, he is well known around the world I'm sure.
Pichu: Probably, G&W:Absolutely...NOT

G-dub is one of the most origional, fun characters in the game. I would personally prefer if they made his sound effects a tad less annoying, but as a character he is perfect. DK, I thought he was fine but they will probably update him a tiny bit. Megaman...not before Sonic.

Don't double post.

Top Bottom