• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Why exactly should they kick any of the melee chars out anyway?
Because 6 of those characters have duplicate movesets of the others.

And 3 or 4 of those 6 are either exact duplicates of characters themselves or offer nothing to their franchise in regards to importance.

That's my take on it anyway. Ask Sakurai why he's doing it.

Panik

Smash Journeyman
No I came from a couple of pages back Anyway falco is a confirmed and Cfalcon is a confirmed
No offense zig, but I'm wondering where everyone is getting all these "confirmed"s. I still haven't read anything that confirms either of these characters, and believe me, I'd like to.

FALCON PAWNCH must be here to stay!

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
because some such as Pichu and Dr. Mario are a shame and should NOT be seen ever again
Well how can u hate the option so much anyway, are u saying that melee would be better if they decided that they should only of had 19 chars because making two chars have the same move set will upset people because there their, I mean if they were to take out a original character to be replaced by a clone I would understand, but I don't see the problem with a faster version of picachu, or whatever they did to slightly change Dr. Mario from Mario (Ive never really used him enough to tell). And those small factors can still change a persons choice of a character. For instance my fav is Young Link, because I like links move set, but I like the fact that he makes up for power with speed, which is why I will always choose him over Link.

My point is that the "clones" in melee have made the game a better experience and were not that hard to put in the game and have no reason to be taken out. And besides there's a good chance many of the clones from melee will come back with new move sets, and there will probably be even new clones you people will complain about in brawl.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well how can u hate the option so much anyway, are u saying that melee would be better if they decided that they should only of had 19 chars because making two chars have the same move set will upset people because there their, I mean if they were to take out a original character to be replaced by a clone I would understand, but I don't see the problem with a faster version of picachu, or whatever they did to slightly change Dr. Mario from Mario (Ive never really used him enough to tell). And those small factors can still change a persons choice of a character. For instance my fav is Young Link, because I like links move set, but I like the fact that he makes up for power with speed, which is why I will always choose him over Link.

My point is that the "clones" in melee have made the game a better experience and were not that hard to put in the game and have no reason to be taken out. And besides there's a good chance many of the clones from melee will come back with new move sets, and there will probably be even new clones you people will complain about in brawl.
It's not a matter of just "leaving in" characters like Dr. Mario and Pichu though. The creators don't have a big puzzle called "Melee" that they're tweaking to call "Brawl" and just deciding to throw away pieces. They're building a new puzzle, and in order to make characters like Dr. Mario and Roy and whoever else a part of it, they need to be re-shaped, even if they're only slightly different than they were before. At least, that's my understanding of it.

In case that metaphor was too convoluted to follow, my point is that "Should we leave them in?" is not the question at hand; it's "Should we bother reworking them for the new game?"

In my opinion, some characters just aren't worth the effort (specifically Dr. Mario. He's really the only one who just ISN'T his own character). So yes, there are some characters that I feel literally do not deserve to be in Brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

For the record, and to answer your question on a personal note, I think I would have much rather had 22 characters with original movesets for Falco and Ganondorf, rather than 26 characters and 6 of which being clones.

...but that's just me.

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
i see what you mean but i rather have lets say.... roy come back as a clone of ike than become a pokeball assit trophie so i agree with Alex Tcp but i guess thats just me but still no characters are exactly the same, c falcon is faster and hotter that ganondwarf and gannondwarf is stronger

Stryks

Smash Hero
Is it by any chance because roy is a character u use? typical...

roy aint coming back, he was just there to promote the FE game, now that its released there no point in keeping him...

RDK

Smash Hero
Oh, thank God....an actual intelligent thread that isn't overrun by n00bs.

I think that certain characters should just be done away with (Roy, Pichu, Dr. Mario), or at least make the Brawl Mario a combination of Dr. Mario and Melee Mario.

But I think we can all agree that we don't need to relive Pichu. -_-

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i see what you mean but i rather have lets say.... roy come back as a clone of ike than become a pokeball assit trophie so i agree with Alex Tcp but i guess thats just me
The thing is, Roy isn't important enough to his franchise to warrant a return (from what I gather. I never played FE). He could still be in, but other characters, like Marth, would come first. The only thing that made Roy stand out enough to be included in Melee was that he was the in the newest FE game at the time. Now we have Ike for that reason (I think).

c falcon is. . . hotter that ganondwarf
How can you tell? Captain Falcon always has a helmet on that covers most of his head and face. Besides, Ganondorf's not bad. His nose is a little too big and pointy in OoT, but he's looking good these days.

Besides, Ganondorf isn't a good example because he's actually incredibly important to his series, which will surely be enough to entitle him to a return ticket to Brawl. The fact that he was a clone doesn't hinder this. It's just that unimportant clones, like Dr. Mario, have no reason to come back as far as their CHARACTER is concerned. I don't care about all the little nuances Dr. Mario may have; he's not different enough from Mario in terms of characteristics to deserve to come back.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
The thing is, Roy isn't important enough to his franchise to warrant a return (from what I gather. I never played FE). He could still be in, but other characters, like Marth, would come first. The only thing that made Roy stand out enough to be included in Melee was that he was the in the newest FE game at the time. Now we have Ike for that reason (I think).

How can you tell? Captain Falcon always has a helmet on that covers most of his head and face. Besides, Ganondorf's not bad. His nose is a little too big and pointy in OoT, but he's looking good these days.

Besides, Ganondorf isn't a good example because he's actually incredibly important to his series, which will surely be enough to entitle him to a return ticket to Brawl. The fact that he was a clone doesn't hinder this. It's just that unimportant clones, like Dr. Mario, have no reason to come back as far as their CHARACTER is concerned. I don't care about all the little nuances Dr. Mario may have; he's not different enough from Mario in terms of characteristics to deserve to come back.
1) Roy isn't important. Roy isn't popular in Melee. Roy isn't popular in his own games. Roy is gone.

2) Yea... I'd tap that.

3) Ganondorf is FAR too important to his series to not be included. Expect Ganon to be his FS as well.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Not far enough. I'd totally go one step farther.
Oh my. You must be doing some dirty, dirty things to that olive-skinned hunk. He is one lucky thief.

And yes, Doc NOT for Brawl. (Pichu either... Roy too... Falco and Ganondorf definitely... maybe YLink can come too... maybe.)
I'm not gonna lie. . . I MIGHT miss Pichu. There was a certain level of pure cuteness there that I very much approved of. But at least Pikachu nabbed his goggles.

RDK

Smash Hero
You don't even know half of what I would do to that sexy, green, evil, carrot-topped b*stard.
Too far?

Dr. Mario not for Brawl
Oh my. You must be doing some dirty, dirty things to that olive-skinned hunk. He must be one lucky thief.
Ah, yes--this conversation is pure win.

maybe YLink can come too... maybe.)
I can see it now.

*THE CAST OF BRAWL ARE VICIOUSLY FIGHTING EACH OTHER, WHEN YOUNG LINK STEPS ONTO THE ARENA*

*THE FIGHTING CEASES*

Mario: "Who the hell invited him?"

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ah, yes--this conversation is pure win.
You know it.

I can see it now.

*THE CAST OF BRAWL ARE VICIOUSLY FIGHTING EACH OTHER, WHEN YOUNG LINK STEPS ONTO THE ARENA*

*THE FIGHTING CEASES*

Mario: "Who the hell invited him?"
Haha, probably. Or maybe. . .

Link: "****, not this kid again. Eh, as long as he doesn't bother us, let's just keep going. All he does is drink milk anyway."

Mario: "I guess you're right. But he better not make any of those gross gulping noises or I'll go ape****. . . ."

*Young Link pops open a fresh bottle of Lon Lon Milk and is about to take his signature chug when he's shoved aside by none other than. . . WALUIGI!*

Mario: ". . . FIRE AT WILL!!"

Link: "C'mon man, be cool. My mom made me bring him."
Hahaha. That's good stuff.

RDK

Smash Hero
Mario: ". . . FIRE AT WILL!!"
They manage to riddle Waluigi's purple-clothed body with bullets, but at the cost of Young Link's life, as Waluigi used YLink as a meat-shield.

In my book, it's all good.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
They manage to riddle Waluigi's purple-clothed body with bullets, but at the cost of Young Link's life, as Waluigi used YLink as a meat-shield.

In my book, it's all good.
For some reason, I instantly burst out laughing at "meat-shield".

Good times.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
*YL comes*
Ike: God, I thought I didn't have to fight this bas*ard.
???: You won't
*A blur passes by Ike*
*Head falls to the ground*
*Roy emerges from the blur*
Roy: I'm back, baby

True Fool

Smash Ace
As good as back:
Luigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Shiek???(I still don't know the whole story to this one)

Decent chance:
Jigglypuff
Game & Watch
Marth

50/50:
Falco
Ness
Mewtwo

In danger:
Roy
Young Link

As good as gone:
Pichu
Dr. Mario

Didn't forget anyone, right?

RDK

Smash Hero
Lemme help you with that.

As good as back:
Luigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Falco

Decent chance:
Marth
Sheik

50/50:
Ness
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Game & Watch

In danger:
Roy
Young Link

As good as gone:
Pichu
Dr. Mario
There! All fixed.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Fixed to your opinions anyway :p

Just my thoughts on how well the chances are, I do like seeing others opinions on it though.

EDIT: Just in response to Roy, I do like him as a character, and would most likely take him over Eliwood. The only exception would be if Eliwood had the Durandal, I would love to use that thing.

RDK

Smash Hero
The last four posts were made of such unimagineable win, that I have now become temporarily blinded, and, in some parallel universes, cheese.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't think there's much to be worried about. I mean, who could possibly replace Captain Falcon? His confirmation will come soon.

Well, that's what we've been saying for the past few months or so. It has to come some day! :laugh:

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
When they released Samurai Goroh as an AT. That was basicly like conferming that the Punch of Death/ The Knee Master from Hell/ Speed Demon/ FALCON OWN has returned.

There is gunna be such an Uproar when he is confirmed.

Captain Falcon is like the Chuck Norris of Smash Bros.
Agree?

Im so gunna draw Captain Norris.
Chuck Falcon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------3 hours and 6 min later-----------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to color it 2morrow. But Ever since I said I was gunna Draw him, ive been wokring on it. So here he is!

CHUCK FALCON

Top Bottom