• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

King_PwNaGe

Smash Cadet
Im sorry, but if you think Falco isnt a copy of Fox, that is just way Sad. Caus they so have the same physics movement. You just look and you can see. Do you really believe their Smashes are different? Or theit B moves? Sure they have different effects. But they are the same model. If you dont think so, than you must really be blind.
I agree, they were exactly the same. If they do bring Falco back, he better have different moves. Try to make a moveset for him that isnt like Fox, good luck.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Did I say that? NO! Falco and Fox are two different characters. They aren't like Mario and Dr. Mario who is the same person with different clothes on. >.>
Using that logic works then...

Dr. Mario should be the only option for Alt. Costume, absolutely.

King_PwNaGe

Smash Cadet
Did I say that? NO! Falco and Fox are two different characters. They aren't like Mario and Dr. Mario who is the same person with different clothes on. >.>
That can be used for clones, but no. I use it for a character with the same moves. Yes Dr. Mario was a little pushing it. But still a clone is a character that feels the same & uses the same moves.

Light-The-Archangel

Smash Cadet
That can be used for clones, but no. I use it for a character with the same moves. Yes Dr. Mario was a little pushing it. But still a clone is a character that feels the same & uses the same moves.
That where we go back to the effects. Falco and Fox have different feels. Roy and Marth had basically the same attacks except Roy's attacks had to do with flame. >.>

King_PwNaGe

Smash Cadet
That where we go back to the effects. Falco and Fox have different feels. Roy and Marth had basically the same attacks except Roy's attacks had to do with flame. >.>
Roy can be considered a clone, well because what you said, same moves but only with flame. Falco & Fox feel the same, if you think different, tell me what feels different.

Light-The-Archangel

Smash Cadet
I do believe how you go about around the stage is important. Be it if your character jumps high or is faster than another. Falco has both of these against Fox. I do think they should give him a new set of moves to get people to stop complaining like little children though.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Their may be way different effects to characters but a Clone is a Clone. Fox and Falco and Clones. Marth and Roy are Clones. Mario and Dr Mario and Clones, So is Luigi with exept with 2 different moves and different graphics. Fox is more light and Falco seems a bit more heavy, I like Falco's feel better. Still same.

Fox and Falco have the same shape/movement. Falco and Fox, Do their up B, SAME exept Fox goes farther, samd with Side B. Their Shine, THEY BOTH HAVE SHINE. Fox's goes side to side, Falco Goes Up. SAME move, DIFFERENT effect. Side Smash, Same. Up Smash, Same. Down A in air, Falco Spike Fox damage. Up A Fox Very deadly, Falco, Damages.

I dont see how their not Clones.

but I do agree that WHEN Falco comes back, he should have a different move set. Cause clone characters can be annoying.

Fox is better that Falco. Its a Duh, Fox is way too strong and way too fast. I and Many Many Many people Including you guys, Love playing Falco more than Fox. But Fox is better. Its Just Fact.

King_PwNaGe

Smash Cadet
Fox is way too strong and way too fast. I and Many Many Many people Including you guys, Love playing Falco more than Fox. But Fox is better. Its Just Fact.
This is true. But, Fox can be annoying with his Speed, and a little hard to control, I hope they changed this in Brawl.

And to state a fact to hopefully wrap this up,
The Reason for the clones is because they didn't have time, so now there will be a big chance that there wont be any clones, because they moved the date.

SiegK

Smash Champion
That is not true. Falco is 20 times cooler than Fox and is a better Character. It is foolish to think otherwise. >.>
I said I agree that Falco is cooler, but once you give me come hard evidence telling me why Falco is better that Fox. Its still Fact and Fox's Tier is still much higher.

This is true. But, Fox can be annoying with his Speed, and a little hard to control, I hope they changed this in Brawl.

And to state a fact to hopefully wrap this up,
The Reason for the clones is because they didn't have time, so now there will be a big chance that there wont be any clones, because they moved the date.
Your right, he does have rediculouse speed and combo ability, it isnt that hard to control if you really know the game. But thats what Makes him one of the if not the best character is Smash. I, not saying I Like him like this, I feel he is way too imba (imbalanced) But he is the best because of it, and its not right. The Need to warp him alot for Brawl. (Which they did, I played as him at E for All and he is much better. In the sense that hes not too good). Falco may be the better choice for you, cause you can control him better. But Down to the hard game engine and physics. Fox is better, than almost every other character. And I dont like it.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
original twelve return +
1.marth just cuz he's so bad4$$
2. falco w/ different moves from fox
3. ganondorf WITH SWORD!!!!!!!!
4. sheik as a separate character from zelda with new down b
ditch the rest and add a BUNCH of new characters!!!!!

SiegK

Smash Champion
original twelve return +
1.marth just cuz he's so bad4$$
2. falco w/ different moves from fox
3. ganondorf WITH SWORD!!!!!!!!
4. sheik as a separate character from zelda with new down b
ditch the rest and add a BUNCH of new characters!!!!!
I agree almost 100%. I Like The Sheik and Zelda thing, 2 in 1. Iono. It would be kinda cool to see them with their own Down B, but I like it the way it is. Anyway.

EVERY1 COME BACK! I Hope Doc isnt a 2nd costume, cause for some1 who has Mastered him, and others out there, We know the big differences between Mario and Doc, and their big... Unless the 2nd Costum got the old feel and effects of Doc, Than that would be Kick @$$. Lol. But Then why not just make his another character.
DONT TAKE ANYONE OUT!
But we do Need another WTF character for Brawl.
Game & Watch was the WTF character for Melee. How about the old pixel ET from the worst game ever? Lol. That would be the new 3rd party WTF character. (Omg I would kill myself) haha!

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
It would be kinda cool to see them with their own Down B, but I like it the way it is.
i like it the way it is too, but i don't think that sheik will be able to make it back without being her own character, as much as i love the zelda/sheik bit i am just trying to come up with a way to get her back cuz i LOVE sheik!!!!!!!!!

Light-The-Archangel

Smash Cadet
I agree almost 100%. I Like The Sheik and Zelda thing, 2 in 1. Iono. It would be kinda cool to see them with their own Down B, but I like it the way it is. Anyway.

EVERY1 COME BACK! I Hope Doc isnt a 2nd costume, cause for some1 who has Mastered him, and others out there, We know the big differences between Mario and Doc, and their big... Unless the 2nd Costum got the old feel and effects of Doc, Than that would be Kick @$$. Lol. But Then why not just make his another character.
DONT TAKE ANYONE OUT!
But we do Need another WTF character for Brawl.
Game & Watch was the WTF character for Melee. How about the old pixel ET from the worst game ever? Lol. That would be the new 3rd party WTF character. (Omg I would kill myself) haha!
OMG I got it! Paper Mario! XD

SiegK

Smash Champion
i like it the way it is too, but i don't think that sheik will be able to make it back without being her own character, as much as i love the zelda/sheik bit i am just trying to come up with a way to get her back cuz i LOVE sheik!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, Sheik is a lil imba and kinda too good of ca character, liek Fox, but shes cool to Play. I can understand them making her her osn character. I mean, they would have shown an update on Zelda by now if they were still the same character... right? Maybe she is changed. Hmm.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
I mean, they would have shown an update on Zelda by now if they were still the same character... right? Maybe she is changed. Hmm.
I HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I got it! Paper Mario! XD
Great idea side of me: yeah really cool even 2d like g&w
that's the gayest4$$ idea of all time side of me: to d*** many mario knockoffs. just mario and no other marioesque characters

FUZ

Smash Rookie
I mean, they would have shown an update on Zelda by now if they were still the same character... right? Maybe she is changed. Hmm.
Unless they want it to be a surprise? idk. i'd rather zelda and sheik each be their own character.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, Roy isn't important enough to his franchise to warrant a return (from what I gather. I never played FE). He could still be in, but other characters, like Marth, would come first. The only thing that made Roy stand out enough to be included in Melee was that he was the in the newest FE game at the time. Now we have Ike for that reason (I think).

How can you tell? Captain Falcon always has a helmet on that covers most of his head and face. Besides, Ganondorf's not bad. His nose is a little too big and pointy in OoT, but he's looking good these days.

Besides, Ganondorf isn't a good example because he's actually incredibly important to his series, which will surely be enough to entitle him to a return ticket to Brawl. The fact that he was a clone doesn't hinder this. It's just that unimportant clones, like Dr. Mario, have no reason to come back as far as their CHARACTER is concerned. I don't care about all the little nuances Dr. Mario may have; he's not different enough from Mario in terms of characteristics to deserve to come back.
I am really starting to understand what ur talking about know ( the whole puzzle thing ). But do you think young link will return, because of wind waker and such?

Oh and this may be off topic but does anyone know whether or not the Dojo will announce things you have too unlock, because that would really take the fun out of it?

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
I've heard (well, read) in some board a few weeks ago that Ganon's, Shiek's, and Captain Falcon's models were being worked on...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I am really starting to understand what ur talking about know ( the whole puzzle thing ). But do you think young link will return, because of wind waker and such?

Oh and this may be off topic but does anyone know whether or not the Dojo will announce things you have too unlock, because that would really take the fun out of it?
I have no idea what to think about Young Link. As far as I'm concerned, he seems 50/50. He certainly has potential for a new moveset and his relevance to LoZ is undeniable, but we do already have the newest Link in Brawl. And that's enough for me. Young Link's (or WW Link) inclusion can go either way for me.

As for the Dojo updating with unlockable information, it's possible that they already have, as third part characters are supposed to be unlockable. I'm kind of bummed about it, but I've learned to just accept it. Stuff is going to get spoiled for me whether I like it or not. Won't make the game any less fun, just less mysterious.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea what to think about Young Link. As far as I'm concerned, he seems 50/50. He certainly has potential for a new moveset and his relevance to LoZ is undeniable, but we do already have the newest Link in Brawl. And that's enough for me. Young Link's (or WW Link) inclusion can go either way for me.

As for the Dojo updating with unlockable information, it's possible that they already have, as third part characters are supposed to be unlockable. I'm kind of bummed about it, but I've learned to just accept it. Stuff is going to get spoiled for me whether I like it or not. Won't make the game any less fun, just less mysterious.
Its got to be way better then 50/50 come on

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Its got to be way better then 50/50 come on
Eh. I could see Sakurai thinking one is enough. The Link from Wind Waker does have things in his favor, and he's not nearly as pointless as Dr. Mario or Pichu, but he's Link. He's not the same person as the TP Link, but he fills the same niche. Seems a little superfluous to me. That's why he's 50/50 in my eyes.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
Eh. I could see Sakurai thinking one is enough. The Link from Wind Waker does have things in his favor, and he's not nearly as pointless as Dr. Mario or Pichu, but he's Link. He's not the same person as the TP Link, but he fills the same niche. Seems a little superfluous to me. That's why he's 50/50 in my eyes.
Well Im just going to pretend you mean 50/50 as a fraction

RDK

Smash Hero
Wind Waker Link would be dumb.

Do you really want to relive Y-Link from Melee? Not me.

Top Bottom