• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Dammit, Sakurai better confirmed Luigi before I explode from worrying too much. After all, he sorta took away Luigi's signature move(green missile) when it was confirmed that Pikachu's skull bash move was returning (screenshot in New Pork City)

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Dammit, Sakurai better confirmed Luigi before I explode from worrying too much. After all, he sorta took away Luigi's signature move(green missile) when it was confirmed that Pikachu's skull bash move was returning (screenshot in New Pork City)
how does pikas skull bash deconfirm luigi's move at all?
Yeah I dont get it either, how?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
how does pikas skull bash deconfirm luigi's move at all?
Sakurai not wanting any "clones" or anything pretty much makes Luigi's Green Missile de-confirmed because the Green Missile is very identical to the skull bash move Pikachu has, thus if luigi kept it, That would make one of his moves a clone of Pikachu's move... again

RDK

Smash Hero
Just because you didnt like them doesnt mean they wernt a good character.
I say all character should be back in.
I guess we're going to just have to agree to disagree.

I think some characters could be done away with. Namely Pichu, Y-Link, Roy, and the good Dr. (even though I like him).

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai not wanting any "clones" or anything pretty much makes Luigi's Green Missile de-confirmed because the Green Missile is very identical to the skull bash move Pikachu has, thus if luigi kept it, That would make one of his moves a clone of Pikachu's move... again
First off, a similar move is nothing like a clone, and i bet Luigi will have that move and his vacuum by the way, and was it really said there will be no new clones in brawl

Panik

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what happened while I was gone for a day, but apparently zigzag and light arch.. or whatever... are showing a terrible ammount of ignorance towards the game, and Cap'n Chuck has appeared! Yay!

ROUNDHOUSE FALCON KICK!

But anyway, saying that CFalcon is lame because you can beat a computer player is, well, very lame on your part. In fact, that is just downright stupid.

If the Cap'n was here right now, he'd FALCON PAWWWNNCCHCHHH! both of you in the face and "show you his moves" similtaneously for your insolence!

I guess we're going to just have to agree to disagree.

I think some characters could be done away with. Namely Pichu, Y-Link, Roy, and the good Dr. (even though I like him).
You left out Falco, your fave! (judging by your avatar) You'll get rid of my Doc, but not your Falco?! You selfish, evil, person!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
If I had to list what I perceived to be the returning characters in the order of their probability of returning, then that list would look something like this:

1. Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Luigi
2. Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Ness
3. Sheik, Young Link, Falco
4. Roy, Pichu
5. Dr. Mario

I broke them up into tiers and then ordered each tier in order of my perceived probability.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Lol. We went from 1 Kirby Character in two games to 3 Kirby Characters! Lol. w00t. Dedede is gunna be that Slow character that sucks but its kinda cool he is in just to say hes in. Just for the chance, even though we might only use him once. Ya gotta have that kinda character for every game. So Who-Raw for Dedede.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
If I had to list what I perceived to be the returning characters in the order of their probability of returning, then that list would look something like this:

1. Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Luigi
2. Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Ness
3. Sheik, Young Link, Falco
4. Roy, Pichu
5. Dr. Mario

I broke them up into tiers and then ordered each tier in order of my perceived probability.
There is mine

1. Mewtwo
2 CFalcon & Ganondorf

No one else matters

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Well I see Dedede as probably the lightest heavy character.

has anyone noticed the sudden priority in heavy characters as of late. Not only is there more heavy character but they also have more benefits and advantages than before.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
What do you mean? so we got DDD, and Lucas and Sonic which will be most likely medium weights or Lucas could be a light weight.

Also this line "Can he defeat Kirby?". NESS IS STILL IN THE GAME!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
It's been long or any character probably the longest living to so far are rather Ike or Zelda.
...what did you say?

Also this line "Can he defeat Kirby?". NESS IS STILL IN THE GAME!
...how does that line relate to Ness?

And yes, Dedede looks like he could be one of the lighter heavy characters, but because of that hammer, I think he'll be about has heavy as DK, probably just slightly heavier.

Does anyone else think Dedede looks especially cartoony?
And where the F**K is Captain Falcon already!?

roy_owns

Smash Lord
...what did you say?

...how does that line relate to Ness?

And yes, Dedede looks like he could be one of the lighter heavy characters, but because of that hammer, I think he'll be about has heavy as DK, probably just slightly heavier.

Does anyone else think Dedede looks especially cartoony?
And where the F**K is Captain Falcon already!?
what I meant by that was Ike Zelda were longest talked about

And you know. Lucas's profile? Can he even surpace Ness? Everyone thought Ness was gone because of that. This one said Can he defeat Kirby? Yet Kirby's Confirmed

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
look guys sakurai is adding too many newcomers and no people from mele are returning come on id rather have all the guys from mele back and 2 newcomers than having 20 newcomers and 10 from mele!
BRING THEM BACK!!! lets say marth doesnt come back, think about all the people who had crazy skills with him, what?? theyr just gone because some stupid char from kirby came and replaced him?he shuld bring all mele guys back except the useless chars and then focus on newcomers! i mean look at everyone sakurai... theyr all asking for cf gan jigly ness roy marth gw luigy fal ... why add newcomers wen people want the veterans back!

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
look guys sakurai is adding too many newcomers and no people from mele are returning come on id rather have all the guys from mele back and 2 newcomers than having 20 newcomers and 10 from mele!
BRING THEM BACK!!! lets say marth doesnt come back, think about all the people who had crazy skills with him, what?? theyr just gone because some stupid char from kirby came and replaced him?he shuld bring all mele guys back except the useless chars and then focus on newcomers! i mean look at everyone sakurai... theyr all asking for cf gan jigly ness roy marth gw luigy fal ... why add newcomers wen people want the veterans back!
You're overreacting..he just wants to show off the awesome new characters! It's been confirmed that not all Melee characters are returning..and if you want them back so badly, go play Melee, cause Brawl isn't some Melee 2.0. Not trying to be mean or anything...

:cool:

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
look man i know that all mele chars wont be back was confirmed but think about it this way sakurai keeps on adding newcomers then all those people that wanted all those characters which most of them are many peoples favs get replaced.people who were very good with those chars or they just wanted those chars because they are their favs get mad because their fav char gets deleted. would u buy brawl if the only char u wanted in it and loved and played with him all the time gets deleted?Deleting popular chars and replacing them with rubbish ones can lead to crysis.I know that he would have to delete chars at some point but he should try replacing few.Btw putting 3 chars from kirby was stupid... thats wat i think.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are saying Ness is in because Dedede's profile mentions Kirby?

...First of all, defeat and succeed are two different things...

Enemies try to defeat their hero

Succeed however means
to follow or replace another by descent, election, appointment, etc. (often fol. by to).

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
You're overreacting..he just wants to show off the awesome new characters! It's been confirmed that not all Melee characters are returning..and if you want them back so badly, go play Melee, cause Brawl isn't some Melee 2.0. Not trying to be mean or anything...

:cool:
yes, but look at melee, it was bring the vets back from the 64 and add new, wouldn't it make sense to do this with brawl, bring back the vets from 64 and the vets from GC? i think so, sakurai is probably just keeping it in the wraps so he can make us think they aren't coming back and then come release time...surprise!!!! they are back.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
yes, but look at melee, it was bring the vets back from the 64 and add new, wouldn't it make sense to do this with brawl, bring back the vets from 64 and the vets from GC? i think so, sakurai is probably just keeping it in the wraps so he can make us think they aren't coming back and then come release time...surprise!!!! they are back.

Exactly. That's what I've been thinking this whole time. Nintendo isn't the type of people that would just blow off some characters that people loved playing as. They never did that to begin with, so why would they do it now? And if they don't ever announce them or announce them at the very end, I have a feeling they will be secret characters. :)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
For some reason I still have a feeling that Roy is going to be in. And what about Young Link? Especially since he doesnt even have any relation with old Link because he's from the Twilight Princess version. :0
Roy was put in Melee as an advertisement. And since he isn't popular in Melee OR his own game, he's long gone.

YLink may come back to us as Cel-Shaded Link. And his relationship to TP Link (or lack there of) has no bearing on whether he'll return or not. Same goes for Sheik.

Was this confirmation on some special report or on the official site? :confused:
It was on the official site BEFORE Sakurai revamped it. It was in the Japanese site only, but Samurai Panda has a thread where he translated the whole thing. Go find it. You'll see.

Panik

Smash Journeyman
Falco will probably come back.

Falcon's knee will be bigger than ever though. Probably as big as Bowser's head. It's going to be awesome.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Roy was put in Melee as an advertisement. And since he isn't popular in Melee OR his own game, he's long gone.

YLink may come back to us as Cel-Shaded Link. And his relationship to TP Link (or lack there of) has no bearing on whether he'll return or not. Same goes for Sheik.

It was on the official site BEFORE Sakurai revamped it. It was in the Japanese site only, but Samurai Panda has a thread where he translated the whole thing. Go find it. You'll see.
Can't say he's long gone just yet because you don't truly know and I wouldn't say he wasn't popular since a lot of people I know liked to play as him 'cuz he kicked ***.

But yeh, I was thinking there would be a Wind Waker Link, but not a Young Link. And seeing as both Link and Zelda were in their TP costumes I would suspect the rest of the Zelda characters would too. But who knows.

And since they deleted the comment about the characters not returning, you can't really say it was official. Heck, nothing can truly be confirmed. Just take a look at their "confirmation" on the game coming out Dec. 3. But we'll just have to wait and see. :ohwell:

Top Bottom