• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

ecrone

Smash Rookie
It is a long shot...but I really hope Doc returns. He's my main and even though i prolly wont main him again....i still want him there so I can mess around with him. Also ganon should be back with new moves.

Sheik-ah-love

Smash Rookie
there was a Majora Trophy in SSBM, why not bring him back as an assist trophy. He could summon a giant moon and hit the stage for major(a) damage. ^_^
Bad pun, I know.
It makes you wonder how many of the melee trophies we could see as assist trophies. If they don't include Sheik as an option for Zelda, maybe as an option as a trophy. It seems more logical to go this route than to include every character that was in melee back into brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
there was a Majora Trophy in SSBM, why not bring him back as an assist trophy. He could summon a giant moon and hit the stage for major(a) damage. ^_^
Bad pun, I know.
It makes you wonder how many of the melee trophies we could see as assist trophies. If they don't include Sheik as an option for Zelda, maybe as an option as a trophy. It seems more logical to go this route than to include every character that was in melee back into brawl.
That's a great idea with Major and the moon! It could cover the entire stage except for the two far corners.

-(XXX[]XXX[]XXX)-
--\XXXX\_/XXXX/--
---\X ===== X/---
^^^^^^^^^^^

That's my attempt to make an example of it. Green is the stage, red is the parts where you're safe, and everything else is my attempt at making the moon from TLoZ:MM.

Also, I feel you on Sheik. She was one of my favorite fighters and she alone now reps the greatest Zelda game of all time. We pretty much need her back.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
uh, im not sure if this is true but in a IGN video, Mario was wearing Luigi's colors as a alternate costume and there was a L on his hat. Has Luigi been de- comfirmed? PPPLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEE dont that be the case as it wouldn't be a smash bros game without him, could someone check for me?

Okysho

Smash Ace
personally, with the return of the ice climbers, I think that most veterans will be returning except for most of the clones, though I think that some of them were done out of Sakurai's pure laziness... (like Ganondorf and Y. Link) Because some of them could possibly be re-done ect. Now that the Sonic issue is over, personally all I care about now is Whether or not Marth will be in.

Frica

Smash Cadet
I say everyone will return except...

-Doc (He IS Mario, kind of lame for him to take a character slot that someone like Goroh or Little Mac could have used. I'd love to see him stay as an alternate costume though.)

-Y. Link (If another Link gets in, It'll most likely be the cel-shaded dude)

-Pichu (Very similar to Pikachu, there are better and more unique Pokemon reps in my opinion. Like Doc, he could stay as an alt costume)

-Roy (Not very significant in the Fire Emblem series as a whole, and he was put into Melee to advertise for his game that wasn't out yet. He served his purpose and will probably step down to make room for another FE rep)

Just what I think.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I say everyone will return except...

-Doc (He IS Mario, kind of lame for him to take a character slot that someone like Goroh or Little Mac could have used. I'd love to see him stay as an alternate costume though.)

-Y. Link (If another Link gets in, It'll most likely be the cel-shaded dude)

-Pichu (Very similar to Pikachu, there are better and more unique Pokemon reps in my opinion. Like Doc, he could stay as an alt costume)

-Roy (Not very significant in the Fire Emblem series as a whole, and he was put into Melee to advertise for his game that wasn't out yet. He served his purpose and will probably step down to make room for another FE rep)

Just what I think.
Just what everyone thinks. :ohwell:

What happened to the people that claimed characters like Falco and Luigi would be cut? They were nutcases (well, not so much the Falco ones), but they were entertaining.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I disagree with Pichu being a costume since his dimensions are different. If any appearance, he should either be Pokeball or background of Pokemon Stadium 2 since Pikachu took his goggles -_-'.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I disagree with Pichu being a costume since his dimensions are different. If any appearance, he should either be Pokeball or background of Pokemon Stadium 2 since Pikachu took his goggles -_-'.
I feel your goggle-less Pichu pain. The little masochist wore them well.

But better Pikachu steal his goggles than lose them to the pages of history forever.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
uh, im not sure if this is true but in a IGN video, Mario was wearing Luigi's colors as a alternate costume and there was a L on his hat. Has Luigi been de- comfirmed? PPPLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEE dont that be the case as it wouldn't be a smash bros game without him, could someone check for me?
Please disregard that post that I quoted above that I made as I figured out that Mario was wearing green and brown, not green and blue and there was also no L on his hat. But don't you think Luigi MIGHT be cut since people always think he has a 100% chance of making it while I think his chances are 91.6%. And don't you think Sakurai would have some trouble finding a place for him in the Subspace story mode? Unless he turned into Mr.L for his down b move, sorta like the Zelda transformation...

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
What would Luigi need to have a role in Subspace Emissary? All he needs to do is see there's a fight and join in. Isn't that what Pit is doing? And even those that start the story out, it's not as if their backstories and/or personalities are relevant. Mario and Kirby are attacked by the Subspace guys and Peach and Zelda run in. It could have been Link and Samus fighting, and Yoshi and DK run in.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I feel your goggle-less Pichu pain. The little masochist wore them well.

But better Pikachu steal his goggles than lose them to the pages of history forever.
It's not so much masochism as it is...a royal absence of evolution. Pikachu was better from the start.

Sorry, just HAD to comment on that. XD I'm not going to jump in at this point in the discussion or I'd be one of those individuals, who I love so much, that jumps in, condenses their invalid point into two sentences, and then leaves. Instead, I'll just skip right to the leaving. ;)

EDIT: So there's no confusion, I agree. Why waste a perfectly kinky costume?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I can't wait to make movies for youtube!

Zelda: What is that...?
Link: I think it's some kind of abombidabal snowman...
Zelda: It's staring at me!!
Link: Help me get it!
DK: ??!!?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I can't wait to make movies for youtube!

Zelda: What is that...?
Link: I think it's some kind of abombidabal snowman...
Zelda: It's staring at me!!
Link: Help me get it!
DK: ??!!?
Why the abombidable hate? The yetis in TLoZ:TP were very nice to Link. I thought maybe there would be some understanding between the two races by now. I wasn't aware of the Hyrulians' prejudice.

Maybe Link should hang up his green cap and tunic for white ones! (Ba-zing!)

MarthZero

Smash Rookie
I agree with Okysho Marth should definately return
i would also like there to be no clones in brawl

SSMATT13

Smash Rookie
Well, all the "clone" characters are gone, such as: Pichu, Falco, Ganondorf, etc.

They were either removed, or reworked. Anyways, I think Ganondorf is coming back. He is a MAJOR villain in my opinion. Mewtwo should come back too. HE'S AWESOME!

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Why the abombidable hate? The yetis in TLoZ:TP were very nice to Link. I thought maybe there would be some understanding between the two races by now. I wasn't aware of the Hyrulians' prejudice.

Maybe Link should hang up his green cap and tunic for white ones! (Ba-zing!)
Exactly why I put that.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
If I had to guess... the reason Zelda and Lucas weren't playable at E4A was because they didn't want to reveal the status of Sheik and Ness. If Zelda was playable, we'd know what her Down+B was. If Lucas was playable, we would've confirmed whether or not his moveset was close enough to Ness' to deconfirm indirectly.

My guesses: Due to recent pics of the Ropesnake from Mother 3, and Lucas' absence, I bet Ness will return. If Sheik does return, I bet she'll be her own character rather than a Down+B of Zelda. You would've thought they'd announce Sheik among the other starters had she been among them with Zelda. Also, the FE symbol is Marth's sword.

I'm quite confident in the return of: Ness, Ganondorf, Falcon, Marth, and Luigi. If the icon theory holds to be true, add GW. I don't think the other clones, Jiggs, or M2 will return. I find it difficult to believe this game would have more than 32 characters tops.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
I know my feelings are aligned with a lot of people, but I feel like everyone besides Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Y. Link (maybe Marth or Roy) should return. The clones have do-able move sets to make them different, I just feel like cutting out the 'alternate version of the same person' characters makes the most sense.

Then again if Dr. Mario is in there with an all-pill moveset, or Young Link becomes WW Link, or both FE guys are completely unique, I won't be complaining.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I am so stoked to see how Sheik looks this time around. It was so cool to see her move from the semi-blocky N64 model to a smoother, more detailed, near flawless GCN model.

*Aside from being one of my favorite fighters, she is one of my favorite Zelda characters.

But who is Shiek really?

Zelda. That's right.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I'd like Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Falco, Ness, and Young Link to return.

Only I'd like to see Mewtwo be improved, Young Link become WW Link, and Falco, Captain Falcon and Ganondorf to have updated looks. Also remove the clone movesets.

I don't care much for Sheik. She was always annoying to me.
No one ever played as Game & Watch on my game. If they did it was a Joke.
Luigi is going to return. I just hope they fix him up. He annoyed me as well.
Dr.Mario and Pichu are gone. No offense to their fans.
Roy and Marth will probably have only one return, Marth most likely. Ike Is cooler anyway. I always liked Roy though.

Rex+

Smash Ace
In my opinion, if there was a tie between Marth and Roy to return, I'd honestly have to say Marth. Not because he's my other main, but the fact that he was in the first FE game and nearly represents the whole series. Roy, however, was only put in SSBM to promote Fuinn no Tsurugi in Japan. Roy isn't that good of a character either.
MG&W and Pichu should be out for good. Nobody liked them to begin with.

maximus

Smash Apprentice
I think Marth should return because he is a well-know FE character, as well as a popular character in Melee... Whether or not it matters that he is the original FE protagonist and all that-- I don't know/care, but he's an enduring icon for the series as a whole. Besides him, I don't really care, as long as the original SSB 64 characters all come back...

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
i really hope c. falcon returns with that glorious kick he had in SSB64 (fsmash) n im hoping most of all to see a revamped mewtwo, capable of many new tricks that only the godly can master

Top Bottom