• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Dragonblader1

Smash Cadet
At Sora.ltd playing a test copy of Brawl.
^^^^
Perfect pwnage Dragonblader1.
Why would they go out of order and put a previously unshown emblem in the middle of the list of melee emblems?

Yea, they probably wouldn't. And I still don't understand the MrG&W hate...
Thanks but I didn't discover it just so ya' know. It was Shroobful of Nsider. But since that place closed down I migrated here. And yeah... I wanted Game and Watch to return ever since I heard about Brawl. I still wish that when Nsider went down I wasn't a Mr. Saturn. I don't hate the Mother series in fact it's quite fun, it's just the color sucked. Well enough of my constant rambling of the good old days. :dizzy:

Cinder

Smash Master
^^^^
Perfect pwnage Dragonblader1.
Why would they go out of order and put a previously unshown emblem in the middle of the list of melee emblems?

Yea, they probably wouldn't. And I still don't understand the MrG&W hate...
I guess that's the point of the Icon Theory...

Honestly, I think the G&W hate comes from his low rank on the tier list...call me crazy (:psycho:), but it's possible that people knew he sucked in Melee and assumed he doesn't deserve another chance...I, personally, think he should return...he may have been bottom tier in Melee, but he deserves a chance to redeem himself...besides, he's a gaming icon...

The ONLY thing that concerns me is the Subspace Emissary...G&W has no real backstory to act on...but that wouldn't merit not returning, would it?

@Dragonblader1: yeah, I didn't care too much for the NSider forums myself...there was no way to change your name (mine was Toadette89 for cryin' out loud-__-), and you had to make, like, over 1,000 posts just to get a sig...that is some screwed up ****...

slick128

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon better return because Falcon Punches are just too epic.

I see Pichu and Game & Watch being dropped.

Cinder

Smash Master
Captain Falcon better return because Falcon Punches are just too epic.

I see Pichu and Game & Watch being dropped.
Pichu, gone...G&W, meh...he's got a shot...but it wouldn't surprise me if they drop him...but might I ask...why do you assume they're gonna drop him?

i think it's pretty clear that some characters (especially ness and pichu) won't be returning.
Once again, Pichu's gone...if it comes back and takes Lucario's spot, Sakurai's as good as dead *loads gun*...but you can't assume Ness is gone just cuz Lucas is in...unless you have another reason:confused:

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Geez this has been discussed to death, PICHU, DOC, Y LINK, AND MAYBE ROY AIN'T RETURNING! (though my sig contradicts what I just said about Roy)

Dragonblader1

Smash Cadet
I think Path of Radiance is the Fire Emblem game they are focusing on, thus I believe Black Knight or Micaiah will make it before Marth or Roy.
If Marth's not in Sakurai's an idiot. Wanna know why? 'Cause Marth was the character who started the whole freaking series. Marth is getting in before Micaiah or the Black Knight. But I personally think that either Marth, Ike, and Micaiah is in, Marth, Ike, and a Game Boy Advance rep are in, or that Marth, Ike, Micaiah, and a Game Boy Advance rep is in. Although it'll probablly be the second one or the first one I hope that it's the 4th one.

Dragonblader1

Smash Cadet
how is it clear? i think i'm missing something.
It was in Sakurai's Journal. I've read a translation of it. And if you need proof I found it on the old Brawl site I just need to find and download a Japanese language pack so that I can see it and then I'll copy each section seperately and put them through a translator. But does anyone have a Japanese language pack that I can download? :confused:

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
ness-thought was dead till lucas was announced
falcon-god, make him shut up atleast
jiggly-most definately
marth-yeah
roy-say bye-bye
mewtwo-idk
dr.mario-costume, has the same powers as mario...just shoots pills
pichu-please leave
Mr. G&W-he started it all,i hope hes back

Kirby Karnage

Smash Rookie
I see absolutely no reason for mr. game and watch to leave. Just because he's low tier doesn't mean he has to go, i don't use him, but there is nothing from stopping me.

I main kirby, he's kick *** if you use him right (although i, for one, am not one of the professionals i'm casual
) kirby is fun to use aswell, don't deny it, and so is mr. game and watch.

Just because YOU (in general to all haters) hate him doesn't mean everybody should hate him. And Just because YOU don't like him doesn't mean others hate him, some main him just cuz he's fun. ( not really any tourney players apart from low tier)

So basically it's all up to Sakurai and his opinions as well as our opinions, if everyone hates him and thinks he should go, So be it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's wrong with Game and Watch?

Dr. Mario
Pichu
Roy
Young Link

...and maybe Ness

are probably going to be the only people to leave

Kirby Karnage

Smash Rookie
thanks gregthepirate :)

I hope he's coming back too

Pichu should go theres 490 pokemon and weve got two of the same ones, i stated that a while back

Honestly I don't use Dr. M or roy, but i do tend to use young link because his arrows are of fire (w00t for fire) and i don't really mind if they go or not.

But thats just me.

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I don't use Dr. M or roy, but i do tend to use young link because his arrows are of fire (w00t for fire) and i don't really mind if they go or not.

But thats just me.
if you're so w00t for fire than why dont you like to use roy's sword? it's always on ph1r3 0_o

lol, fire sucks.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmmmmmm I have a list of people I'd like to see return:

Caption Falcon, but then Buzz would just **** me.
Mewtwo, but Buzz knows how to use him well...
Jigglypuff, but HottGreased would inialate me....
Shiek but........ AHH!!!!

no clue. O_O All of the above? :(

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Hmmmmmm I have a list of people I'd like to see return:

Caption Falcon, but then Buzz would just **** me.
Pikachu, but then Ryan would destroy me..
Mewtwo, but Buzz knows how to use him well...
Jigglypuff, but HottGreased would inialate me....
Shiek but........ AHH!!!!

no clue. O_O All of the above? :(
*{Psssst! Pikachu is already back!}*

I'm down with that. Basically, I feel everyone should return with the exceptions of Doc, Pichu, and Roy. Falco needs a touch of luigification; YLink can come back but he needs some luigification and a total cel-shaded makeover; Ness, Marth, Mewtwo, Jiggz, MrG&W, and Luigi should come back (and I think they probably will); CFalcon and Ganondorf have no choice but to come back.

... I think that's it for everybody.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
*{Psssst! Pikachu is already back!}*

I'm down with that. Basically, I feel everyone should return with the exceptions of Doc, Pichu, and Roy. Falco needs a touch of luigification; YLink can come back but he needs some luigification and a total cel-shaded makeover; Ness, Marth, Mewtwo, Jiggz, MrG&W, and Luigi should come back (and I think they probably will); CFalcon and Ganondorf have no choice but to come back.

... I think that's it for everybody.
You think that Luigi doesn't have as good as a chance as Falcon of Ganon? Also, you left Sheik out of your list

Daphnes

Smash Rookie
I'm getting tired of seeing a topic for every single character in Melee asking if they will return.

We've got absolutely NO idea who will return.

So I made this topic. Talk about who should return, and why.
Who do I think should return, and why?

All the characters that have been in both games, at the very least. Why? Because they were.

As far as I know, none of the characters for the original were kept out of Melee.

As for the newer ones that showed up for Melee?

Iceclimbers: I liked the idea, and hope they've been tweaked for improvement in this one.

Ganondorf: Give him a new moveset and bring him in. He's a Zelda rep, so he's a keeper in my book.

Shiek: Sure! Make him his own character. He's the only ninja character as it is.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I know Iceclimbers have been confirmed, but I don't think Ganondorf or Shiek have.

Kirby Karnage

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else think that link could have both cel-shaded and young link? Or would that be taking too many spots for the franchise?

ShadowDragonG

Smash Cadet
I think that all the original twelve will make it make. Luigi went through a major transition from SSB64 to SSBM, and you really noticed his differences from Mario. I think they'll continue that trend, and just amplify that difference to make them both as unique as possible, while maintaining the fact that they're brothers.

Falco, in the same way, could just do with a make over. I easily see him returning, with an increased difference from Fox.

Ganondorf had so much potential in Melee, but they screwed him over. I'm pretty sure they're gonna fix him now, give him his own unique moveset, and it'll be kosher.

Young Link....
How 'bout that Young Link? >.>

ShadowDragonG

Smash Cadet
Young Link could be an alternate "costume" of Link for example, same idea for Marth and Roy
I've heard that idea proposed several times, but it doesn't seem to right to me. I mean, it would be different if it was just a different costume, but you're talking about changing a whole piece of a character. It would change his height, his weight, his speed, and his overall gameplay.

It's a fine idea, but I don't think it would go over too well

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
I've heard that idea proposed several times, but it doesn't seem to right to me. I mean, it would be different if it was just a different costume, but you're talking about changing a whole piece of a character. It would change his height, his weight, his speed, and his overall gameplay.

It's a fine idea, but I don't think it would go over too well
I didn't tought of those aspects... and yeah, you're right. If Young Link will be in the game, he must be a character apart.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Falco shud come back but with an all new moveset also i know alot oif people hate the annyoing mr.gameand watch he shud return though except with out all the noises when he's walking. Also hoping sheiks returns except as a different character then zelda. also gives em both and extra move since no transform.

Top Bottom