• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Dragonblader1

Smash Cadet
At Sora.ltd playing a test copy of Brawl.
Meh, this is what I think about the not announced characters:

Luigi-In, no doubt
Capt. Falcon-In, no doubt
Ness-I want him in but because of Lucas it's 50/50
Jigglypuff-Decent chances
Marth-Probably will be in
Roy-Chances are... No
Falco-High chances
Game -n- Watch-Probably
Ganondorf-In, no doubt
Pichu-Probably not
The Doc-Probably not
Young Link-It could go either way

If you would like a reason for why I said something for a certain character, just say the word.

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
Because they were worthless like, we still would would have enjoyed Melee every bit as much without Pichu.
yeah, but it's not like they hurt the game did they? imo, nintendo and even super smash bros. as a game has nothing to gain by removing old characters. they can only lose fans of the characters they remove. none of the characters were removed from the n64 version to the gc version, so i really don't see why anyone would be dropped.

zigzaghakr

Smash Journeyman
In melee there were a few characters who I thought what is the point in these ppl and they are in no paticular order:
mr.game and watch, marth (roys better), pichu, young link, ice climbers, dr.mario and ness

If these comments have offended I apoligize but these are my veiws not yours!!!

Kirby Karnage

Smash Rookie
I REALLY think that Pichu should go, seriously, man that thing is like SUICIDAL not that im against that or anything it's just that theirs like 490 pokemon and we have 4, two of which BEING THE EXACT SAME THING, wow that just brilliant i can be pikachu jiggs mew2 orrrr a suicidal pikachu hmmmm.... the choices, there a soooo many. Even with the addition of a pokemon trainer i still think it is kinda pointless to have 2 of the same pokemon.

ok lol now the people i think should stay...

Young link - umm he's a completely different character to WW link even though i like the cel shaded link, he's deserving of at least a costume for link or WW link, like come on

Falco - I use him, but thats not the only reason, he has the same moves as fox but have you noticed that they do different damage and that the reflector hits only upwards, not downwards like foxes? (even though this can open new comboing possibilities) his dair is awesome thats why i use that over the shine spike fox is so well known for. These are only small differences but IMO they are still notable. AND yes falco should be revamped i am all for that.

Luigi - umm marios bro and hes awesome, does need Revamping though

MG&W- I see this toooooo many times, MG&W is unique, and fun to play, no matter how bad you think he is, he isn't necessarily supposed to be GOOD just fun to play what with his turtle and all.

The rest - IMO they can stay or go, i seriously do not care, up to you guys to argue bout this.

Well thats my opinion.

I am bound to be QUOTED hurrah!

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
dr. mario - a costume
falco - new moves/guns
ganondorf - will have a sword
pichu - is history (hopefully)
roy - isn't needed...at all.
falcon - will still be shouting "falcon punch!" 50 times a match
g&w - is in. And im apathetic about it.
luigi - duh
young link - this is the only one I'm not totally positive on. It could go cell-shaded link, or they could bring back OoT Link, or maybe the wolf/Midna....for me to guess would be a shot in the dark.

starmie

Smash Apprentice
dr. mario - a costume
falco - new moves/guns
ganondorf - will have a sword
pichu - is history (hopefully)
roy - isn't needed...at all.
falcon - will still be shouting "falcon punch!" 50 times a match
g&w - is in. And im apathetic about it.
luigi - duh
young link - this is the only one I'm not totally positive on. It could go cell-shaded link, or they could bring back OoT Link, or maybe the wolf/Midna....for me to guess would be a shot in the dark.
wheres jigglypuff?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
G&W is an important character to the Nintendo franchise. He started alot of what it is today. He is unique and that is a large factor in this game. His MS has unlimited options and the G&W we know from Brawl isn't even G&W. It's just a generic human in the game. Mr.G&W has no reason to go.

YLink can be CSLink just fine. That's clear.

Roy, Pichu and Doc don't really have any positives other than "they were in melee" but I fear that doesn't cut it.

And Falco in danger is because the SF series may not have 4 reps but Krystal, Falco and Wolf are all deserving.

Ferret

Smash Cadet
I don't care whether Ganon has his sword or not. I just want him to have a new kickass moveset^^

starmie

Smash Apprentice
I would prefer that ness just gets removed. He wasn't that popular in melee. To be honest, with myself, he will most likely still be in brawl due to his originality. The only people that might not return are Pichu, G&W, Doc, and Roy (even though I am starting to like Roy)
g&w is staying:chuckle:

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't really know if G&W is gonna stay, but I would like to. It's an original character and it makes part of the nintendo history.

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
GaW is a 99.9999% definite because

a) He represents video game history, in it's beginning
b) His playing style/look was truly unique
c) Icon Theory

fluffy

Smash Champion
GaW is a 99.9999% definite
And hypothetically speaking...if G&W does NOT make it into brawl, what can you say if that .0001% chance of him not returning occurred?

it's more of a 50/50 chance IMO. G&W truly separates itself form the rest, but that doesn't mean it's popular. Or at least, popular to see another day for brawl.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I hope Ganondrof is in Brawl! It would be cool if he turns into that giant wolf of darkness from Zelda TP for his final smash.

Dragonblader1

Smash Cadet
At Sora.ltd playing a test copy of Brawl.
I see people have been talking about Mr. Game and Watch. Well let me tell you why he probably will be in. The Icon Theory V.2, it was started the night the Ice Climbers were updated.

UNUSED SLOT

Why did I post all those images? Simple. To prove a point. If you look at their URLs then you'll see they're all from smash bros.com. There is no 13th icon though. If you look carefully though... the 1st icon is the generic Smash symbol, then 2 through 11 originated in Smash Bros. 64 12 and 14 are from Melee and 14 on are all from Brawl. Not to mention that Fire Emblem, Game and Watch, and Ice Climber icons were the only 3 new ones in Melee. so icon number 13 could only be one icon.

Top Bottom