• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
Let's see...

Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, and Roy probably need to go. Mr. G&W needs to stay (it wouldn't take long for the developers to create him for Brawl graphic-wise anyway.... Marth should stay, but we need a new female Fire Emblem character, who doesn't use a sword. (lances, axes, bows, magic, laguz, etc.) *cough*Micaiah*cough*

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
shiek > zelda (in melee)
Well... duh.

But there wouldn't be a Sheik without a Zelda. Zelda come first through necessity, she kicks plenty of arse on her own (shooting Ganondorf with Light Arrows in TP and WW, using her own power amazing powers [even if it was through mind-control] to attempt to kill you in TP, attempting to fight off Zant with a rapier in TP, being one of the few people in existance who can boast being both a pirate AND a ninja in thier lifetime...), but Sheik is still the greatest Zelda incarnation and character in OoT to date.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
I personally really hope young link isn't cut, and i drought that they will take any characters out from the last one, because theirs no reason too.

I think their gonna make young link like the wind waker link, that would be cool to see him blend in with everything else, because they can't just leave that game out it was great.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
Why shouldn't young link return, or any of those guys, if you've really played smash bros then u should be able to tell the difference between them,, not to mention that the new concept of the final smash will give each character more individuality, so tell me why not !?!

ps - sry about double posting

Talendime

Smash Ace
I just think they should replace Melee's Young Link with the Wind Waker Link, but still just call him Young Link.
Because I can't really think of a better name..

"Cell Shaded Link"
"Cartoon Link"
"Outset Link"

..?

Alex Tcp, if you want to add something to your post just press the edit button.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I just think they should replace Melee's Young Link with the Wind Waker Link, but still just call him Young Link.

"Cell Shaded Link"
"Cartoon Link"
"Outset Link"

..?
They would most likely still refer to him as "Young Link". Anything referring to a specific game in his name would make it seem like that's the only game he came from. We also have that Link in 4S, 4SA, MC, and PH. Notice they didn't call PT "Red", this way he doesn't get narrowed down to Pokemon Red, but instead can represent the series as a whole. And notice they didn't call him "WarioWare Wario", they just called him Wario. (They did make reference to his Ware costume, but only in the character description and that's it.)

Our best bet would be "Young Link", but if they end up calling him "Wind Waker Link" then it just wouldn't be fair to the other great Zelda games that that particular art style is prodominant in. (I find PH to be just as fun, if not more fun than WW.)

No! I was so hoping for Sandbag as a character:p
I wasn't, nor did I expect him to ever be.
But that sucks for you. :p

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
If anyone has any information on Dr. Mario being in Brawl! Please PM Me.
Sonic was my #1 hope to be in Brawl, Now that he is in (YES!!! SUCK IT HATERS) I need to worry about Doc making it back in!

"Cell Shaded Link"
"Cartoon Link"
"Outset Link"

..?

Alex Tcp, if you want to add something to your post just press the edit button.
I agree with that, or at least make it an alt. Costum

pud22

Smash Apprentice
I personally really hope young link isn't cut, and i drought that they will take any characters out from the last one, because theirs no reason too.
i agree wit u...i would love to hav young link in the game. but someone told me earlier that sakurai did in fact announced that he would be removing some ppl. i dont know where he heard this from but if they had to remove some ppl i bet young link would be on the list. he isnt top tier. even tho he is pretty cool

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master

I think their gonna make young link like the wind waker link, that would be cool to see him blend in with everything else, because they can't just leave that game out it was great.
Yes, I "drought" they'll leave another younger incarnation of Link out of the roster, too. CSLink's games have been far too popular. Not to mention he is able to use items and abilities that his real-esque counterpart has never even seen. (Grappling Hook [WW/PH], Deku Leaf [WW], Skull Hammer [WW], the fairy controlled Hammer [PH], the Four Sword [FS/FSA], Gust Jar [MC], the abilities to jump OVER his enemies' heads [WW], and the ability to do a Super Spin Attack [WW/MC/PH]... the list goes on and on).

They would be two way different fighters.

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
I would really love it if wolf Link made it in. But, the chances of that happening are 1/25. The chances of Young/WW Link making it in are 1/5. Ideally though, I kind of hope there are no character variations for the sake of having potential new characters from abroad.

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
just a reminder, this thread is about characters returning not ones who haven't made it;)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I really don't care too much for Young Link anymore, the only character I "really" want to see back is Mewtwo since almost everybody I like has already gotten confirmed

OmegaXXII

OMG!! I forgot about Ganondorf *smashes head against desk* but yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Game & Watch, Marth or YLink back

OmegaXXII

Ridley should return as a playable character.so showed paper mario and DeDeDe
how is Ridley gonna return? he never was in Smash before;) but it would be nice to see him playble reather than as an Subspace Emissary boss which would be a real shame if he did, I don't think Paper Mario will make it, would be cool though and King Dedede I don't care to much about but since he's the Villain from Kirby's games I wouldn't mind since Kirby series does need representation besides Metaknight

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
Ridley should return as a playable character
Well I don't really think Ridley will come as a playable character... maybe as an assist trophy. But it would be great to play as him.

From the Fire Emblem team, Marth should at least (but if the two return, Roy should come with a different moveset).

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
okay the wording for that was wrong i think but if you mean none of them will be in brawl then okay thats your view but if you mean that they wear never in melee.then think about the trophies.they appeared but never wear playable:chuckle:
. . . Touché, sir. Touché.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
I'm not worried about Marth, Jiggz, CFalcon, Luigi, MrGame&Watch, or Ganondorf.

I AM worried about Mewtwo, Falco, and Ness.

I'm not worried about Roy, Pichu, and Doc either... I know they're gone. :lick:
c. falcon....ug, but saying roy,pichu and doc are gone is good...its true.............i kinda want mewtwo to return but idk about ganon (if he is i want a new move set)

Top Bottom