• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
Im tellin u ppl this now, so pay attention so that u dont miss it! Ganondorf, Pichu, the ICs, Falco, Dr.Mario, and Mewtwo aint returnin! As 4 all the other SSBM characters..........idk, we'll c. Now wont we? XD

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Master, shut yur pie hole! Im not sure about the IC's making a comebak becuz of all u haters out there. But Mr.G&W will surely return. shut up SSM!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Wow...I can understand your ignorance in thinking that Mewtwo might not return (Even though he will), but you think Gannondorf is gone? That is the most idiotic thing I've heard on this forum. The only people leaving will be Pichu, Doc, Falco (Unless he is given a new moveset, but I see Kystal with the staff getting in before him), and Young Link. Oh, and Marth and Roy, because Ike makes them not needed.

Gannondorf will DEFINATELY get a new moveset. Especially since the Director of Zelda said they already made designs for him and Sheik for Brawl. Mewtwo will probably be revamped as well. And G&W and Ice Climbers have nothing wrong with them so they have no reason to go.

Clones are the only pointless characters. Everyone will obviously stay, and anyone who disagrees is an idiot.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
IC's and G&W are the most classic melee chars and considering that's what Smash is about "old franchises" we'll see more of them! They're gonna PWN you in Brawl because you're such a hater!
I'll have to agree with mr. G&W but as for Ic's, like I've mentioned before I don't think they should come back at all because of the lame moveset they had in brawl and plus they didn't have a big enough fanbase as much as the other characters, even if they are retro I think they shound DEFINETLY be replacedby some other duo, maybe perhaps like you mentioned before Bub and Bob who I'd rather see than Ic's anyday

Dynamism

Smash Lord
RRRR!!
Don't make me rant!

Pichu is gone, Doc is an altern, Roy is probably gone with his power shifting to Ike.
They won't take Marth out, he is much different from Ike.
They won't take the IC's or G&W out because they are the bases of what the game is about and they are UNIQUE!
They won't take out Ganon, Mewtwo or Falco because of who they are!
Young Link will return...

IMO, Sheik is the only one still up in the air...

OmegaXXII

RRRR!!
Don't make me rant!

Pichu is gone, Doc is an altern, Roy is probably gone with his power shifting to Ike.
They won't take Marth out, he is much different from Ike.
They won't take the IC's or G&W out because they are the bases of what the game is about and they are UNIQUE!
They won't take out Ganon, Mewtwo or Falco because of who they are!
Young Link will return...

IMO, Sheik is the only one still up in the air...
lol.. you always rant don't you :laugh:

Pichu and Roy will definetly be gone so I agree.
I'm not to sure about Marth returning, don't get me wrong I like him it's just that Idk if he would have the same moves as in Melee.
I can G&W returning, but as for I'C's **** no, unless they get a new moveset then that would be just great :)
Ganon WILL and SHOULD definetly return with his own movet man that would sure PWN!! :laugh: Mewtwo should be worked on a little like it's weight and modify his moves but other than that he should return, as for Falco I hope he'll be a little different from Fox, like instead of him having fox's handgun, he should have his bazooka instead
I am having high doubts that YLink might not make it but rather as WWLink

OmegaXXII

The only thing I didn't like about Marth was that he didn't cause enough damage that was where Roy stepped in, but other that that I wouldn't mind seeing his moveset again as long up they got powered up a bit that would be just awesome :)
I confused about what you said about YLink, I though you said you had a theory that he was going to return?:dizzy:

Dynamism

Smash Lord
lol...um...deebz? What page was that?

It was in the Confirmed Char Thread..most recent 3 pages or so!

@deebz435: hopefully you catch this...

1. Link's Dair was a large part of his moveset. It was a significant factor both in advanced tourney's in terms of bouncing off of heads and back on while edge-guarding or for plain old n00bs for spamming. Link's Dair is now a fall through. Much like G&W's "key to victory" and more true to Link's "actual final blow" This however would take away a large part of the game. It was a unique move confined solely to the Links! Link is a heavier weight than his counter part so the fall through fits well. But who are they gonna give the bounce to? Marth? Maybe IC's? NO! This move was a part of Link since ssb64 so unless the bounce is another sweet spot gimmick to complicate the game...then it will go to a "bouncy" character, such as a lighter Link.

2. Young Link, (not essentially called young in many cases) has been in more games than actual Link. More than CSLink as well, which would be the other (t_heroknows I love this term) rabbit Link. But considering Young Link is more common and already has a smash fanbase because he is already in Smash, he is the best bet. The only thing going for CSL is the CSded-ness (it would add a new type of animation to Brawl). Young Link is a larger part of the Zelda franchise than the most recent Link (the Link we know as Link) and he is a completely different style of Smasher.

3. He is a variation of LINK! THE LINK! FREAKIN LINK! You could make twenty Links in smash and NEVER repeat a SM because his history is so stretched! YL could even borrow CSL grapple because the cross-over wouldn't be hard. "his diverse arsenal of equipment.." in the Link Profile doesn't even cover an 8th of his arsennal! Deku Nuts, Bomb arrows would be a nice addition, Skull Hammer and much more! His STICK even did more damage than his sword in most games!

4. Young Link hasn't been replaced yet, there aren't many candidates that still can. (a small speedster with a sword). Who are they gonna put? Wolf carrying a knife? Why don't they add blood to Brawl? YL is a bouncy agile swrodsman with fire-power, you might as well take out Samus! Who needs a char with a chargeble blast and missles? We have M2 and Megaman might be a 3rd Party entree! Plus...he's a LINK! Zelda is a bigger franchise than Metroid (not by much but still) and considering there are 2 (maybe 1 and 1/2) Samus's, and there were already 2 Links in a Smash game prior to...They're not just going to "remove" a Link! Especially not the "older" one (in terms of history, and Smash is about the "history" of N).

That's the just of it, I made a rant on it in the LINK DISCUSS THREAD at like my 100th post or so...cause some ***** didn't want a second Link. but yeah,

Young Link Confirmed!
There you go!

And Marth was perfect the way he was...In fact he was considered top tier so...if everyone is "uped: a little, than it would be balanced and that is for the best!

OmegaXXII

oh, I see, your saying Ylink was has been in more games than the "older" Link that everyone knows, I see what your saying, he could indeed return, but hopefully this time around if no clones are to be in Brawl, then it would be safe to say that Sakurai could easily give him his own moveset, yea I agree he YLink could be worked on, but still since WWLink is much more recent that YLink I still am wondering if he will make it or not, it's hard to decide

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Here are my predictions:

Doc= Too much like Mario to come back (either totally gone or as alternate Mario skin)

Luigi= Making a comeback

Captain Falcon= Making a comeback

Ganondorf = Making a comeback (too important to the Zelda franchise; he may not be the clone he was in Melee, but he will definitely be playable)

Falco= Making a comeback (too popular to the Starfox franchise; he may not be the clone he was in Melee, but he'll definitely be playable)

Ness= Making a comeback or being replaced by Lucas (Either he is coming back with Lucas or Lucas will be taking his moveset)

Ice Climbers= Either too broken and getting cut or making a comeback (most likely to broken to be fixed... or not)

Young Link= May be cut, luigified, or replaced by Cel-Shaded Link (hard to say with this one)

Pichu= Either cut or luigified (also hard to predict; it does suck as a fighter, but it's really not that bad in good hands and Pokemon fanatics absolutely adore it too much for it to be given up easily)

Jigglypuff= Making a comeback

Mewtwo= Buffed like hell and making a comeback

Mr. Game & Watch= Making a comeback buffed or cut (hard to say for this one too)

Roy= Cut (Ike is definitely filling his shoes in Brawl)

DrewbyDewby

Smash Apprentice
err, i don't like how everyone thinks doc isn't gonna return,
i don't use him but he's fairly high tiered and i think he's an awesome character,
i think he definitely deserves a spot

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Either way, an altern costume is a good fit for Doc. Pichu should be replaced with a non-poke with a similar fighting style. Toad/Baby Mario/idk@!
Toad and Baby Mario would play nothing like Pichu. They don't have tails and they don't have the ability to conjure up electricity.

But please, no more Pikachu ripoffs. Pikachu, Raichu, Pichu, Marill, Azumarill, Azurill, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu... please pokegod... enough is enough!

RDK

Smash Hero
But please, no more Pikachu ripoffs. Pikachu, Raichu, Pichu, Marill, Azumarill, Azurill, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu... please pokegod... enough is enough!
How about no more Pokemon, period. Bring back Mewtwo and Jiggs, and be done with it.

PT was a mistake, IMO.

Please don't bring back Doc. Yes, he was a fun character, and yes, he was my most used alternate, but the time / effort / slot space used up by him could be put towards someone else.

I'd like to see Falco come back, but only after Wolf O'Donnell.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, PT (which I'm still unsure of), and Lucario. After that, no more. Then when SSB4 comes out they can add ONE more pokemon because the roster will be huge by that time. 50 at least, and 5 (7 if you count PT as 3 different characters) pokemon characters wouldn't hurt.

Also, buff Mewtwo because he needs it and I like him.

EDIT:
@SenorPresidente:
Not going to happen. Doc IS Mario so their moveset would be exactly the same regardless. Doc is only an unconditioned Mario who's been taking self-prescribed OTC steroids so he's a bit stronger, and wears a stethescope and white overcoat.

RDK

Smash Hero
^^^^
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, PT (which I'm still unsure of), and Lucario. After that, no more. Then when SSB4 comes out they can add ONE more pokemon because the roster will be huge by that time. 50 at least, and 5 (7 if you count PT as 3 different characters) pokemon characters wouldn't hurt.
They should've put Lucario in instead of PT.

Also, there's no way people like G'Dorf and Captain Falcon aren't coming back. And obviously the original 12 are coming back.

Young Link, Pichu, and Roy need to go. Game 'n Watch I'd like to see return, just for his WTF value. And he's too p!mp not to come back.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
They should've put Lucario in instead of PT.

Also, there's no way people like G'Dorf and Captain Falcon aren't coming back. And obviously the original 12 are coming back.

Young Link, Pichu, and Roy need to go. Game 'n Watch I'd like to see return, just for his WTF value. And he's too p!mp not to come back.
Lucario could still be in and i like pokemon trainer he looks interesting although I would really like to have Jiggs and M2 back. There would probably be riots if the original 12 didnt come back. Pichu, Roy, and Doc can go but Dynamism convinced me YL needs to come back.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
^^^^

Also, buff Mewtwo because he needs it and I like him.

EDIT:
@SenorPresidente:
Not going to happen. Doc IS Mario so their moveset would be exactly the same regardless. Doc is only an unconditioned Mario who's been taking self-prescribed OTC steroids so he's a bit stronger, and wears a stethescope and white overcoat.
Exactly...no more freakin pokemon! PT brings 3 new ones...that's enough right there.

Also as far as the Doc is concerned: I agree with Dyce, Doc IS Mario. They're the same. Besides the advantages that people liked about the Doc have seemed to be transferred to Mario. I'm pretty sure I've posted it before but I'm too lazy to go find where...If you look at I believe the first (or maybe the second) video of SSBB when Mario performs his f-air it doesn't spike; it does big knockback like the Doc's. We can reason that Doc probably won't be in Brawl as anything more than an alternative costume of Mario's since it seems Mario's inherited some of his powers.

And as far as the Young Link discussion: I'm not quite sure why people are getting so defensive about WWLink. He's just like TPLink; an alternative form of Link. While the TP adult Link is taking over OoT adult Link's persona for Brawl, why is it hard to believe that Sakurai won't update Young Link (also from OoT) to the more recent look which is WWLink. Keep in mind that Wind Waker Link is still a version of Young Link and he would still be called Young Link.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
No Young Link. No WW Link.

Come on guys.
Exactly ^^^
to shadw not RDK
**** OFF RDK lol
jk Seriously though!
lol! For the record I hate Young Link and don't think he should return in Brawl. But I'm not adamant in him not returning either. If he's in then that's one extra player to play as. If not then that's fine too. I honestly don't think I'll ever want to play as anyone except MK anyway:laugh:

Top Bottom