• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see Captain Falcon,Mewtwo,Ness,Ice Climbers,Luigi,Ganondorf,and Falco come back
EDIT:and Marth

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Young Link should be cel-shaded and have a new moveset, but yes, he should still (and will) be called Young Link.

His A moves should be similar yet luigified, and his B moveset should be different.
I'd like to see something along the lines of:

Up B: Hurricane Spin- Like 'Spin Attack', only it works for a longer time, moves more horizontally than vertically, chargeable, stronger, and will make YLink dizzy after using it on the ground.

Neutral B: Deku Leaf- On the ground YLink shoots out a gust of wind at his enemies with it. In the air, YLink holds it over his head and begins to glide; like Peach's parasol, only it doesn't boost him upward.

Forward B: Lunge- YLink lunges forward and pulls out a random weapon that can be found in WW:
Deku Stick (30% chance) (med range, min damage) (25% chance to be a torch which gives fire damage);
Skull Hammer (20% chance) (low range, high damage);
Bokoblin Sword (20% chance) (med range, med damage);
Moblin Spear (16% chance) (long range, med damage);
Darknut Greatsword (12% chance) (long range, high damage);
Phantom Ganon Greatsword (2% chance) (long range, great damage)

Down B: Bait Toss- YLink tosses bait. If it contacts with an enemy it will stick to them and after a very short while a small flock of seagulls will swoop down and attack them. The seagulls can be avoided. Alternatively, if the bait doesn't hit an enemy and drops on the floor, a pig will come out and eat it. The pig can be picked up and thrown or attacked, which it will then run back and forth hurting anyone (including YLink) until it falls/runs off the stage.

Final Smash: Ballad of Gales- YLink summons a huge hurricane that sucks up enemies like Suicune's attack in Melee only twice as tall. YLink is unaffected by the hurricane and can run around in it to attack paralyzed enemies. Deals damage over a period of time plus what YLink deals out.

P.S.= Just a rough idea. Don't criticize too hard, I was bored.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Young Link should be cel-shaded and have a new moveset, but yes, he should still (and will) be called Young Link.

His A moves should be similar yet luigified, and his B moveset should be different.

Up B: Hurricane Spin- Like 'Spin Attack', only it works for a longer time, moves more horizontally than vertically, chargeable, stronger, and will make YLink dizzy after using it on the ground.

Neutral B: Deku Leaf- On the ground YLink shoots out a gust of wind at his enemies with it. In the air, YLink holds it over his head and begins to glide; like Peach's parasol, only it doesn't boost him upward.

Forward B: Lunge- YLink lunges forward and pulls out a random weapon that can be found in WW:
Deku Stick (30% chance) (med range, min damage) (25% chance to be a torch which gives fire damage);

Down B: Bait Toss- YLink tosses bait. If it contacts with an enemy it will stick to them and after a very short while a small flock of seagulls will swoop down and attack them. The seagulls can be avoided. Alternatively, if the bait doesn't hit an enemy and drops on the floor, a pig will come out and eat it. The pig can be picked up and thrown or attacked, which it will then run back and forth hurting anyone (including YLink) until it falls/runs off the stage.

Final Smash: Ballad of Gales- YLink summons a huge hurricane that sucks up enemies like Suicune's attack in Melee only twice as tall. YLink is unaffected by the hurricane and can run around in it to attack paralyzed enemies. Deals damage over a period of time plus what YLink deals out.

Good Ideas! I especially like the Deku Leaf (neutral b) and the lunge (forward b, kinda like game n watch's judgment but with varying range right?)

Not to crazy on Bait toss (down b) though...kinda seems like to many elements are involved with that one especially since I'm assuming that while the seagulls are swooping down they can attack...which is why I think it's too much going on since the seagulls can get in the way of other players as they swoop. It just seems ot cover too much area.

Here's a good interesting alternative to your down b

Down B: Cuckoo Chicken- Think of it like Marth's and Roy's counter or like Peach's toad. You hit the chicken and it hits you. Simple as that...plus you get to hear it make the funny noise that the cuckoo's always make.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Good Ideas! I especially like the Deku Leaf (neutral b) and the lunge (forward b, kinda like game n watch's judgment but with varying range right?)

Not to crazy on Bait toss (down b) though...kinda seems like to many elements are involved with that one especially since I'm assuming that while the seagulls are swooping down they can attack...which is why I think it's too much going on since the seagulls can get in the way of other players as they swoop. It just seems ot cover too much area.

Here's a good interesting alternative to your down b

Down B: Cuckoo Chicken- Think of it like Marth's and Roy's counter or like Peach's toad. You hit the chicken and it hits you. Simple as that...plus you get to hear it make the funny noise that the cuckoo's always make.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Thanks for the compliment! Yea, and to be honest the dB was my least favorite move. I was gonna make dB the Skull Hammer, but then I thought it might fit better in the fB, and then I kinda just ran out of ideas. Haha. Your's is good, though.

EDIT:
And of course his grab would be the Grappling Hook! But that's to be expected.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Okay first of all, calm down about the graphics thing. When you program a graphic's engine to run a cel shaded system (which is in many cases harder than a "realistic" look), then you can call it crappy.

Just because you don't like the way it looks doesn't mean it's crappy. Furthermore that has absolutely no bearing on whether or not he'll be in the game. It would actually be refreshing in my opinion to have a character rendered differently ( i.e. Game and Watch is 2d), but that's just my opinion.

And as far as young link having the same move, because he's the same guy: Many warriors/fighters/etc would have fought completely differently as kids than they would have as adults.

For example: people who are more brute fighters, relying on strength for victory could not have fought the same way as a child, simply because that brute strength wouldn't have been there.
No you ******, i meant y link and cc link could have the same moves cuz theyre the same guy. i didnt say anything about adult link. whered u get that from?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I guess Young Link could have cel shaded link's moves, especially after looking at Dyce's moveset I really wouldn't mind seeing YLink back this way

Stryks

Smash Hero

I agree with most of it, the downb is actualyl pretty original, prop to you... but I gotta say that his upb should be the deku leaf, and his side b or plain b the hurricane spin:

his upb would work like peach, almost identical, but on the ground it will send a huge gust of air forward...

his <>b would work like jigglys roll or yoshis egg, u cant fall off the edge, but if u use it TOO long u will get dizzy for some secs and thus vulnerable enough for even a falcon punch...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
everyone should stay in except marth pichu and dr. mario. do i need 2 explain why?
I "lol"ed when I read that you feel no explanation as to why Marth should get the boot. Roy should stay over Marth? I think not. Marth is too popular in comparison to Roy. Marth definitely has seniority AND popularity over Roy.

To me though, Roy and Doc are the only ones that need to be given the boot. Everyone else can stay.

OmegaXXII

Marth needs to and probably will stay, after all he's the original FE character so yea he's most likely to make his return to Brawl, but the FE character I really want to see is Hector

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I'm just HOPING for a confirmation of Sheik.

He/She was meh favorite, aside from Zelda herself.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping! :D

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Out of that list I'm praying that only Doc will really get the boot. He's the only character who doesn't deserve a second chance because there is NO WAY he can be decloned, remastered, or even luigified while there is still hope for everyone else. Doc is doomed to forever be an alternate Mario skin.

And I have good feelings about Sheik returning. Considering that she was popular in OoT and Melee, and really made Zelda worth keeping around on the roster (even though she would have made it regardless). Also, that GameInformer interview article really boosted my confidence for her.

EDIT:
:chuckle: Here's to hope!

OmegaXXII

Sheik! wasn't that interview a rumor? but anyway I guess ti wouldn't be that bas to see her again especially if she got some new moves, that would really be sweeet, as for Pichu, and Roy, I am really doubting that they'll have a second chance, adn even if one of them made it back (let's say Pichu) I think people would still dislike him if he played just like in Melee (damaging himself,lightest char, etc...) but if he were to get his moves modified or altered from Pikachu's then I guess he could work out, as for YLink, like I've mentioned numerous times, I believe he might be replaced by WWLink(cel-shaded) but Idk, perhaps Sakurai might keep YLink which it wouldn't really matter to me as long as he get's a slightly different moveset from Link's then I'm ok with it

OmegaXXII

^yeah I'm laughing at you *not*: but personally i'd rather see him as Mario's alternate costume w/pills which would be awesome

volbound1700

Smash Master
^yeah I'm laughing at you *not*: but personally i'd rather see him as Mario's alternate costume w/pills which would be awesome
Actually part of the reason I want him was I set up a smash brothers league and he was one of the better players.

I based it off NCAA Basketball lol... each person played 12 others and they had 3 conferences:
Top 16 go to a tournament where I keep up with Final Fours and Championships.

Hyrule
Marth
Roy
Ganon
Link
Zelda
Ice Climbers

Mushroom Kingdom
DK
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Dr. Mario
Yoshi
Bowser

Space
Fox
Falco
Ness
Samus
Jigglypuff
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch

Independents
Kirby
Mewtwo
Pichu

Once was a Poke league with 4 pokemon but it was too weak to last... Kirby has been in both Hyrule and Space along with Indy.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Sheik! wasn't that interview a rumor? but anyway I guess ti wouldn't be that bas to see her again especially if she got some new moves, that would really be sweeet, as for Pichu, and Roy, I am really doubting that they'll have a second chance, adn even if one of them made it back (let's say Pichu) I think people would still dislike him if he played just like in Melee (damaging himself,lightest char, etc...) but if he were to get his moves modified or altered from Pikachu's then I guess he could work out, as for YLink, like I've mentioned numerous times, I believe he might be replaced by WWLink(cel-shaded) but Idk, perhaps Sakurai might keep YLink which it wouldn't really matter to me as long as he get's a slightly different moveset from Link's then I'm ok with it
Well keeping YLink as the clone he was is probably a bad idea. He's exactly like Link. People can argue about how things worked anyway they want but the moveset was the same. On top of that the moves all worked nearly the same (Unlike say fox and falco). Link has already been changed from OoT Link to TP Link so why not change OoT YLink to WWLink? His moveset will definitely be different.

OmegaXXII

^that's what I'm really hoping for because it would indeed be a dissapointment if YLink came back with thesame old moveset from Melee. althought alot of people say that YLink will not return, I believe since he's the "original" Link then he might make it back, but I really that doubt it since WWLink is a much newer updated form of him

JPW

Smash Ace
Sakurai seems to be using recent models lately for the Zelda franchise.

So i'm guessing he would follow suit for Young Link.
If you look at Young's Link's recent outings it is the cel shaded look.

Zelda: Wind Waker
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures.
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

I infact believe that we will no longer see a realistic young link again. It will always be that Cel Shaded Link to distinguish the too. Adult Link I feel will have the realistic look.
It be a good trick also to use two different Link forms to make people pick up the difference. And understand why they went with the Cel Shaded look for a while and then jumped back to realistic Link. But as you see in Phantom Hourglass it's Cel Shaded again, and that's because it's Young Link.

I don't know why people keep on thinking if Young Link makes the cut that we would see an original looking Young Link. And I can never see them go back to an Original Young Link. It's gone.

They've found the missing Link to seaparate the two and they're going to keep it that way I feel.

I've said this over and over and over again. The only ones I see truly losing their spots are:

Dr. Mario: He's a clone. We really don't need another Mario character either esepcially one who is very similar, however an Assist Trophy wont be too bad for this guy.

Pichu: To my knowledge he is he most hated Melee character of them all. While he does have a fanbase it is not as big as the others.

Roy: Marth is Mr. Fire Emblem. Not Roy. It is a fluke that people ended up liking Roy, but the sad fact is Roy was there to help promote his game and the Fire Emblem franchise that was coming to the rest of the world.

Game and Watch: I really don't see this guy returning, the surprises are going to be enough with what they've got I feel. Third parties, Assist Trophies, extra modes, and I feel there will be some odd characters to surprise us, and so forth.

Mewtwo: I just don't like Mewtwo, I know very little about the Pokemon world however. So I wont say too much on this I just feel there could be another character to take it out. Many people have been suggesting Lucario.

OmegaXXII

I've said this over and over and over again. The only ones I see truly losing their spots are:

Game and Watch: I really don't see this guy returning, the surprises are going to be enough with what they've got I feel. Third parties, Assist Trophies, extra modes, and I feel there will be some odd characters to surprise us, and so forth.

Mewtwo: I just don't like Mewtwo, I know very little about the Pokemon world however. So I wont say too much on this I just feel there could be another character to take it out. Many people have been suggesting Lucario.
I'll have to agree with you with Roy, Doc, & Pichu, but Game& Watch and Mewtwo should definetly return, why you ask? because they were two unique characters who weren't clones and has great moves, G&W was a really balanced character and ain't to bad as a retro so I would'nt mind seeing him back, as for Mewtwo, just because you don't like a character doesn't mean he should return, Mewtwo should DEFINETLY come back I'll say at least a bit heavier and with his moves modified a bit, but other than that mewtwo is one of the best pokemon out there, although I do like Lucario as well, I'd rather see Mewtwo back, but indeed it would be cool to actually gets both Lucario and Mewtwo in Brawl

BrothaB

Smash Rookie
:)The ultimate smash list: Master Chief, Wolverene, Mii, & C. Falcon to return. Items: F.L.U.D.D., Vacuum, & Wii Blaster. Agree or Disagree. Let me know on this post.

OmegaXXII

:)The ultimate smash list: Master Chief, Wolverene, Mii, & C. Falcon to return. Items: F.L.U.D.D., Vacuum, & Wii Blaster. Agree or Disagree. Let me know on this post.
Master Chief is awesome, he should be an assist trophy, Wolverene (from X-men) has no freakin chance, Mii might have a chance as an Assist imo, and Captain Falcon WILL definetly return, we will probably see him on the Dojo really soon I believe, as for your items Vacuum I agree, it would make a nice items, as for the Wii Blaster and F.L.U.D.D. I can't really say because i've never heard of them before

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I also hope that JigglyPuff will return.
I can see it with a similar if not same moveset and maybe as a Smash Attack, HyperVoice?

Just a suggestion. I really enjoyed being JigglyPuff.

But if there's one person I definetly want to be, it's Pit. :D

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Master Chief has no chance neither does Wolverene, and c'mon GigaKoopa, you don't know who FLUDD is? She's Mario's weapon of choice for Super Mario Sunshine

Top Bottom