• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why the hell are we talking about Master Chief in the "Who is going to Return" topic? lol

Man, I can only hope that everyone with a unique moveset returns. I'm getting quite tired of the rumors going around stating that Lucas will replace Ness, that Ike will replace Marth, and that the Ice Climber's, Mr. Game and Watch, Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff won't return.

Seriously, I'd like all of those rumors to be single-handedly disproved. They're pissing me off. XD

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
yea I see what you mean, but with time we'll eventually know all and rumors will be gone at last, but for now i guess we'll just have to sit back and argue while Sakurai is dying from laughter from watching us argue

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
Haha. Does anyone think Sakurai does that in his spare time? Come onto SWF and look at us and our silly, silly ideas?

Hell, if I was in charge of making the most epic fighting game of all time that's what I would do. Watch the addicts to my work think through their ***** while I torture them one workday at a time.

OmegaXXII

^hmm.. maybe he does lol... but that would seriously be entertainment for me, watching people get anxious about an update when infact I wouldn't, I would laugh

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
my prediction from another thread =]

I have 2 questions:

1.how many of the 25 characters from melee do you believe wont be returning?

2. how many starters do u believe will be in brawl?.

if you look porportionally to the increase in characters from 64 to melee. you can then find a series of patterns that will give u a pretty accurate estmate.

64 had 8 starters 4 unlockables. equals 12
melee had 14 starters 11 unlockables.= 25

melee started out with more than brawl ended with....
2 years later 99-01

melee to brawl=

melee = 14 + 11 = 25
brawl= so far 17. but the question is how many starters? when that is answered then you can think of the number of unlockables. there will be more starters than there will be unlockables.
there should be more starters then the total of melee but sakurai stated their wouldnt be such an increase like their was from 64 to melee. so then i figure it will be say 3 or 4 less then the total of melee.
lets even say 5
that would be 20 characters starting...
but then pit and wario (doesnt say character approaching)
22 characters starting
then you figuer the unlockables.

-64 had half of the number of starters added as unlockables. (8 to 4)
-melee had more than a third of the number of starters added as unlockables. (14 to 11)
-brawl should have about a third of the number of starters added as unlockables if you take in sakurais word. (approx. 22 to 17)

so that would be 39 characters total

the third party characters i believe should be added seperately. since this is a nintendo franchise and these characters are guests. lets give it the benefit of the doubt and say 2 more third parties seperate from snake ( 1).
39+3
=42

so i believe a range of 42-45.

the reason bieng why i put 42 the lowest in range is because if you look at 64 to melee they were 2 years from eachother. yet brawl is 6 from melee.
so.. looking at a more mathematical approach would give us 42 , i believe with 6 years of a wait even if it was only 4, sakurai's team could figure out how to make characters unique and elements like final smashes and footstooling really help with balancing.
and there is always the mystery character.

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION

so ya i posted that on another thred but nobody responded. what do you think??

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
That's it, we had a bunch of not so great updates this week, and then we got the gliding, and while still cool, it wasn't a surprise cuz Meta Knight glides in the video. So this week better be Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, or Snake. They're taking too long with these guys. We need an update of a BADASS character already and if it's not one of these three guys then it better be some random new character that I never expected who happens to be badass as well.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
That's it, we had a bunch of not so great updates this week, and then we got the gliding, and while still cool, it wasn't a surprise cuz Meta Knight glides in the video. So this week better be Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, or Snake. They're taking too long with these guys. We need an update of a BADASS character already and if it's not one of these three guys then it better be some random new character that I never expected who happens to be badass as well.
They should update with Ridley tomorrow, that would make up for this lackluster week.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Yeah either ridley makes his appearance or one of the older characters like ness, capt. falcon, luigi or jigglypuff.
If there isn't a character update tomorrow we should at least get a new stage or something other than game mechanics and special moves, not to say i dont like those updates i just want something good.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
yeah ive noticed the unusal amount of updates concerning the game mechanics, everyone wants the characters, the stages and my favorite the movies for the game. they rock, but yeah i character update would be great.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
yeah im tired of the lava based levels for metroid, a solid base level but really big would be awesome. maybe the ancient shrine where you fight ridley. that could be Rdleys level

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
There should be a villain from every major series at least and im almost positive we'll see ganon again and mewtwo is just awesome and he could be redone to be better.

OmegaXXII

There should be a villain from every major series at least and im almost positive we'll see ganon again and mewtwo is just awesome and he could be redone to be better.

That's what I've been thinking, a villain for every franchise, but I think it would be unlikely for 3rd part's like Snake, but on topic Mewtwo should definetly return, maybe with Giovanni lol...

OmegaXXII

Giovanni could have his three pokemon just like Pk Trainer does, they could be NidoKing, Persian , and of course Mewtwo ,but armored so he would gain more heavyness, therby he would be a heavy character instead of light

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
PT is stretching it we have no chance of Giovanni.
Eh, I wouldn't say Giovanni has no chance. If anything, I think PT really opened the door for him. Besides, he is the only REAL villain in the pokemon games.

But yeah, I wouldn't exactly call him likely.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Villans from each series worthy of Brawl

Mario: Bowser
The Legend of Zelda: Ganondorf
Kirby: King Dedede
Pokemon: Mewtwo
Donkey Kong: King K. Rool
F-Zero: Black Shadow
Star Fox: Wolf
Earthbound: Giygas
Ice Climber: Condor
Metroid: Ridley
Fire Emblem: Black Knight
Solid Snake: Big Boss

I may get some disagreements from people on Black Knight and Condor but I think the rest is solid.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Villans from each series worthy of Brawl

Mario: Bowser
The Legend of Zelda: Ganondorf
Earthbound: Giygas
Ice Climber: Condor
Metroid: Ridley
Solid Snake: Big Boss

I may get some disagreements from people on Black Knight and Condor but I think the rest is solid.
I have some disagreements:
(I took out Bowser and Ganondorf because they'll get in regardless and replaced them... not saying I disagree, just saying it's obvious)

Mario: Fawful
The Legend of Zelda: Vaati
Mother: Claus (Giygas is a bit on the rediculous side. Isn't it a shapeless god or something?)
Ice Climber: Polar Bear (just be difficult) (;))
Metroid: Ridley and Dark Samus
Metal Gear: Liquid Snake (Big Boss would just be a clone... or Snake would just be Boss' clone... or Boss would be his clone's clone...?)

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
(I took out Bowser and Ganondorf because they'll get in regardless and replaced them... not saying I disagree, just saying it's obvious)

Mario: Fawful
Mother: Claus (Giygas is a bit on the rediculous side. Isn't it a shapeless god or something?)
Ice Climber: Polar Bear (just be difficult) (;))
Metroid: Ridley and Dark Samus
Metal Gear: Liquid Snake (Big Boss would just be a clone... or Snake would just be Boss' clone... or Boss would be his clone's clone...?)
I really doubt mother will be in it but wut da heck i agree

roy_owns

Smash Lord

Mario: Wort
Mother: Claus
Ice Climber: Polar Bear
Metroid: Ridley (Dark Samus would be clone right?)
Metal Gear: Liquid Snake
Kid Icarus: Medusa
Haha editing to Dyce's edit of my list. I also forgot to put in Kid Icarus

smashbot226

Smash Master
Everyone forgot about Animal Crossing. What the heck? It is undeniable that there will be a Animal Crossing char. Anyhoo... anyone in the first game WILL return in this one. So count Jigglypuff, Ness, and Cpt. Falcon in. On the subject of villains...

Mario: Shy Guy (Yes... it isn't a bad idea. Think about it.), Count Bleck, or Gero
LoZ: Skull Kid or Vaati.
Pokemon: Mewtwo (Technically, he isn't EVIL. He just shifts easily. He is mostly good.)
D.K: King K. (If none other.)
MGS: The Boss
Metroid: Sylux, Weavile, or Noxus
Animal Crossing: Mr. Resetti

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Everyone forgot about Animal Crossing. What the heck? It is undeniable that there will be a Animal Crossing char. Anyhoo... anyone in the first game WILL return in this one. So count Jigglypuff, Ness, and Cpt. Falcon in.
I can see that you have a nasty habit of thinking your ideas are facts. Might want to break that.

An AC character is not confirmed. Not everyone from Melee has been confirmed.

Don't start thinking otherwise until they get Dojo profiles.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I can see that you have a nasty habit of thinking your ideas are facts. Might want to break that.

An AC character is not confirmed. Not everyone from Melee has been confirmed.

Don't start thinking otherwise until they get Dojo profiles.
Although I agree with you, Melee was not the first game. XD

Why is this topic so off topic? >_>

smashbot226

Smash Master
By first, I meant the original, not Melee. And I have solid proof somebody WILL from AC will be in it.

You know how characters have their own symbols, like Mario has a mushroom, Pikachu a Pokeball, etc? Look closely at Smashville symbol on the top left side, next to the name. Still not impressed?

Petey Pihrana is strictly a Mario character. Then why does he have the Smash symbol?

Taa daa. Most likely, someone from AC will be in Brawl.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Although I agree with you, Melee was not the first game. XD
Didn't say it was. Though, looking back at his post, I guess I misread it. Thought he mentioned Melee when he didn't. My bad.

Why is this topic so off topic? >_>
Because people just can't stand to be on topic, I guess? 'Tis the nature of any thread with too many posts, it seems.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
By first, I meant the original, not Melee.
You're right, I misread your post. I apologize.

And I have solid proof somebody WILL from AC will be in it.
No you don't. The only proof of a character comes in the form of a profile on the dojo or gameplay footage, or something in the same vain. You do not have proof.

You know how characters have their own symbols, like Mario has a mushroom, Pikachu a Pokeball, etc? Look closely at Smashville symbol on the top left side, next to the name. Still not impressed?
I've seen this point made many times. It is entirely possible that the icon is there simply because the stage needs a symbol. It does not confirm the appearance of a character.

Petey Pihrana is strictly a Mario character. Then why does he have the Smash symbol?
Interesting question. It doesn't help your case much though. That's hardly proof of an AC rep. For all we know, they just treat bosses and stages differently.

Taa daa. Most likely, someone from AC will be in Brawl.
See, that's a little better. "Likely" to be in. Not "WILL" be. That's fair.

EDIT: Gahhhhh. Sorry for the double post, I was hoping someone would've posted before I did. Should've double checked.

Top Bottom