• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Jem.

Smash Master
Re-posting what I posted in the FB group.

So I was at my local lan center today, and I pretty much have power to run monthlies or even bi-weeklies if people wanted. Would that fit in the calendar? It'd be melee and brawl, but with brawl's turnout it'd end up just being melee probably. It'd probably be the same rates we all use at GC. Except maybe instead of $5 per doubles player, $10. I'm usually more of a fan of $5 venue, $10 doubles, $10 singles with no pot cut, but ultimately it's what people want. A live stream isn't a problem either. Anyone who came to "Jem hosts a brawl tournament", it's right nearby that location, except they moved across the street. There is a lot of walking room, and business isnt doing great there and there pretty much isnt a problem with other stuff going on. They have 4 normal tv's that play smash fine already, they have tables, but only one wii so we'd need cubes and wii's.

I want a headcheck, because I want it to have similar numbers as GC. There is teriyaki/other places right nearby. (KFC/Pizza if you really want to/Christianos/Jack in the box/BK/Dairy Queen pretty nearby) One thing I urge though is there is no alley or anything for people to smoke weed, and I'd really prefer that if youre going to do that, to do it before you come, as there are many businesses nearby (and cops come by a decent amount on the main street nearby) But yeah, are people interested? Marysville is about 25 minutes away from the new GC location.

The only day of the week that doesn't work IIRC is Friday he said. So if the calendar is already full with monthlies, I'm sure we could even do a Wednesday type of bi-weekly or something if enough people don't have plans during the week. And he said "I trust your judgement, and I don't mind if it flops." but of course, I'd prefer it not :p

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Dumb question, but what time does manifest start on saturday? and what time should i be there and all that other ish?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
No worries Syler :)

Day 1; Saturday -
Registration Time: 11:00am
Doubles Bracket: 12:00pm
Singles Pools: Near the end of or after doubles and for the rest of the day.

Day 2; Sunday -
Singles Bracket (32 man): 12:00pm
(4 man Crews): After Singles

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, I already got them on that. I made sure Andy aka ThePrime posted the tio from our last regional. (Gameclucks) Generally, the "TO"s are Kaostar, ThePrime, sometimes Silent Wolf, etc. There's really no designated TO, we just sort of all show up and keep organized.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I don't think anybody saved the old TIOs. I'd ask Kaostar or ThePrime. Neither of them are on FB right now, but you can shoot them a pm or I'll ask them sometime when they're on.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
GC Chris might have the old tio files of past tournies

EDIT: Jem that sounds pretty sweet, maybe even sunday a tourney/smashfest?

Syler

Smash Journeyman
No worries Syler :)

Day 1; Saturday -
Registration Time: 11:00am
Doubles Bracket: 12:00pm
Singles Pools: Near the end of or after doubles and for the rest of the day.

Day 2; Sunday -
Singles Bracket (32 man): 12:00pm
(4 man Crews): After Singles
i thought it was a 48 man bracket with 1 round of pools o_0

and isn't crews up in the air? could just be mm's and other things?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
ALL IS BRAWL HAS A LOT OF TIO FILES FROM PAST TOURNAMENTS uploaded there. probably not the most recent but most of last year iir.

we have a bracket from november gc which was our largest in awhile.

:phone:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
AIB seems to have Gameclucks from April 2009 up to December 2011. One of the ssbpd admins was granted access to downloading tio files from AIB so we'll be able to get those no problem. Are there other notable tournaments besides Gameclucks?

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I know there was Tukhouse which only happened like once so far. And then obvious we have Northwest Manifest coming up this weekend and we'll definitely have the TIO for that up.

Jem.

Smash Master
Yooo where you guys at on my question :O everyones posting but not replying to it. Just say it if you arent feeling a trip up to marysville. But if you want a solid monthly and I can headcheck around 20 people I'd arrange it for a smash tournament and such :p the venue is nice. I better not even hear "we have too many tournaments"!!!!

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'm glad somebody agree. Best show imo. Polyphonica Crimson was pretty decent, didn't care for it too much but it wasn't bad. :3

@Jem: Stopped reading your post at "Jem hosts a brawl tournament" tbh

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Lol, yeah I watch a lot of the less popular shows. /hipster

Tbh though, I don't watch like any shounen or just generally hyped/popular shows. I haven't seen Deathnote, all of FMA, etc. But when it comes to shoujo or other manime (romance :embarrass:) there's a good chance I've seen it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yooo where you guys at on my question :O everyones posting but not replying to it. Just say it if you arent feeling a trip up to marysville. But if you want a solid monthly and I can headcheck around 20 people I'd arrange it for a smash tournament and such :p the venue is nice. I better not even hear "we have too many tournaments"!!!!
probably won't work. if anything we need a venue in like federal way or farther south like tacoma or something. that would expand the scene more than just hosting more tournaments with poorish turnout.

a seattle venue would be godlike tho just cuz of population density.

ill just put it out there, im probably not willing to go to those tourneys. can't speak for others. I definitely appreciate the effort/attempt.

:phone:

yea i dont see another gamestore tourney series working. i dont think any more than gc and tuk house will thrive in wa. esp with oregon and canada in the loop

Jem.

Smash Master
lol k, guess ill just find another game series that wants a bomb venue with food nearby :)

thought people would want another monthly so they could play more competitive smash more for money but guesssss not. I said I could host it on a weekday even, the only days that dont work are fridays.

/salty

Jem.

Smash Master
you all wouldnt want a potentially poppin monthly on a weekday? it wouldnt interfere if there were even 4 monthlies filled every weekend. If I really wanted to break my balls I could host it on a Sunday after a canada tournament so people could make their runs since Marysville would be on the way home for people, but I don't really wanna break my balls for smashers if they arent appreciating that I'd risk this. Anyone who has used a venue not their home knows its risky if people get out of hand

@kline thanks for the appreciation

the thing is, i know that if we had that many tournaments no one would go to them really except gc. 80% of the time at least. using tournaments aside from gc since 06 to the last tuk house as examples. i appreciate that youre trying to do something for wa melee. you should do that by attending the next tuk house

C!Z

Smash Lord
****in that's wussup, Adam! That's good to hear, seriously. I'm working on it.

Kyle- I can't wait to see your cute bearded *** ^_^ Aka take your money

On the real I'm tryna play tomorrow

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Needs more confidence there Krynxe. Although I'll admit Roy can be scary... I lost to one at Genesis 1 LMAO. Why is it that a handful of low tiers can KIND OF DO STUFF against falcon??? =(

i.e. dk, luigi, pikachu,... roy*...

Top Bottom