• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
@Noobking
Well I mean, I wouldn't mind playing his Roy. The thing is, Roy has an extremely homo reverse up+b (oos) that has fixed knockback and can kill puff at 0% on several maps. He can also combo into this up+b. Roy doesn't have like any other significant thing on Puff, and for Puff it's like fighting a Marth without having to worry about anything good other than the up+b, so the mu is just extremely stupid on both parts. [x][x]

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
@Noobking
Well I mean, I wouldn't mind playing his Roy. The thing is, Roy has an extremely homo reverse up+b (oos) that has fixed knockback and can kill puff at 0% on several maps. He can also combo into this up+b. Roy doesn't have like any other significant thing on Puff, and for Puff it's like fighting a Marth without having to worry about anything good other than the up+b, so the mu is just extremely stupid on both parts. [x][x]
It only kills on FD and yoshi's so you can just ban one of them and you'll be cool

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Pokemon Stadium

Without DI, it can kill on the other stages too, from the platforms

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Like I said, it's similar to fighting Marth expect you don't have to worry about anything actually hurting except the up+b which doesn't really work if the puff isn't stupid. My point being: the mu is simply dumb, not difficult, for puff.

Just being realistic though. Ciz is good at this game, and I am not.

Anyways, I never wanted to mm and I'm going to drop this. I'll consider mming your falcon though ciz, simply because I love that MU.

Metà

Smash Master
@Noobking
LOL

roy is a joke, his up-b is a joke. There is pretty much no reason you should ever be hit by that move, except maybe when you miss a rest. but even then, unless you're on like, yoshi's on the top platform, it's no big deal

that being said, i'll mm your puff with roy

hahaha

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I said like 3 times that Roy isn't hard for puff, the mu is just stupid because it's all they fish for.

I'd probably **** most Roys myself, they're generally free. I just held the stereotype that marth players also have good pocket Roys, and Ciz generally wrecks me with Marth. I'm not character johning, I'm just saying Ciz is good and I am, in fact, not.

Edit: I'd be so down for that mm though, meta. I'd take on anyone's Roy in a mm tbh.

MasterC

Smash Ace
I'm done with classes in a couple weeks. I kinda wanna come down to WA and just hang out/play smashfor a few days. Whose place can I stay at? lol

:phone:
if you bring yakal and we all get high as a kite and play melee for days, you can crash at my place xD i might be quitting after 4/20 tho so idk when exactly you were thinking....

MasterC

Smash Ace
ciz and i will be indulging again once he's reached his year-long goal, which is about 4 months away iirc xD

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
yo krynxe

roy is bad

falco is 10x harder for puff with lasers way more homo **** LOL

relax though, just vidya gaem

and yeeeee gonna hit up this ****...MAYBE ON 4/20 ACTUALLY WTF SUCH A GOOD IDEA

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
for Puff it's like fighting a Marth without having to worry about anything good
Like I said, it's similar to fighting Marth expect you don't have to worry about anything actually hurting except the up+b which doesn't really work if the puff isn't stupid. My point being: the mu is simply dumb, not difficult, for puff.
I said like 3 times that Roy isn't hard for puff
>___>;

I just said that Ciz could probably take me with his Roy because Ciz is that much better than me, I'm not saying anything good about Roy...

Also, I asked for the mm and Ciz turned it down. You guys are acting like I'm scared of his Roy.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I'll MM you with Roy if that's what you want lol. I ain't scurred, just never play the wanna-be marth knee grow.

MasterC

Smash Ace
LOL colored names ftw, toph lookin slick with da purps

chip, you were a mod?!?!

joooooooooooooooookessssssssssssssss

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Haha that was back when Chip was rockin the young link avatar. I think Edrees was the other pac west mod? Idk how many pac west mods there were lol.

Otto used to be a mod too :p

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Sorry Meta but there's a pretty big chance that I'll be busy. There's still a chance, like the closer south the better, but I might be busy regardless. I'll definitely try hang out with you and yakal next time you come down though

MasterC

Smash Ace
So like, who wants to smash/hang out this weekend? I wanna go to Seattle for a few days but not if nothing is happening lol

:phone:
there may be a carpool to an OR tourney but i'm unsure at this point, no one expressed interest in driving except me and i don't have a car temporarily LOL

if you come down i'll be sure to smoke/smash with ya tho ;) bring yakal

Metà

Smash Master
oh man I'd totally be down for carpooling down to OR if there's room.

and yeah if I do go I'll be bringing yakal FO SHO

if not, i'll be seeing you guys at gameclucks in may! WA is the ****

Top Bottom