• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

BladeWise

Smash Lord
yea, i was watching stefan get off on teddy the other day and i did enjoy it very much lol whether you win or lose i love watchin CF's **** peach HAAAAARD
Not trying to diss Stefan, but I only lost one friendly the entire time we played, and I tended to save him often so he wouldn't die off the bottom.
I dunno what you mean by getting off.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Hey. Another random tech skill question (I've periodically been thinking about Melee out here):

The "normal" way for Peach to ground-float-nair seems to be to float immediately from a jump, then to nair, and then to immediately drop the float and fastfall.

You can also get Peach to float closer to the ground than usual, either by floating while you're falling to the ground or (theoretically) by using the start of her second-jump to drop a little immediately from a jump. If you float low enough, the nair animation makes her collide with the ground and stop floating.

So I guess I've got a couplea questions:
1. Does the floating-lower way actually get float-cancelled?
2. How fast is the floating-lower way compared to the normal way? It's got to be slower to start the nair, but how quickly does the nair finish and Peach recover?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Hey. Another random tech skill question (I've periodically been thinking about Melee out here):

The "normal" way for Peach to ground-float-nair seems to be to float immediately from a jump, then to nair, and then to immediately drop the float and fastfall.

You can also get Peach to float closer to the ground than usual, either by floating while you're falling to the ground or (theoretically) by using the start of her second-jump to drop a little immediately from a jump. If you float low enough, the nair animation makes her collide with the ground and stop floating.

So I guess I've got a couplea questions:
1. Does the floating-lower way actually get float-cancelled?
2. How fast is the floating-lower way compared to the normal way? It's got to be slower to start the nair, but how quickly does the nair finish and Peach recover?
Damn, Paff getting into some advanced Peach **** here. I have no idea myself.
Either way, get that peach-mobile up here and bring the PAIN april30th/may1st!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
if u lane from a float...no matter how u do it....its 4 frames of lag. which means no additional lag for her aerial landings (landing from a normal jump is also 4 frames)

when u double jump cancel, ie jump jump u can fall faster than shffl but the lag is the same....ie half the lag of a non l canceled move.

djc then float has the same 4 frame lag but much more startup.

just float cancel by holding down and then holding jump...its the fastest and low height way to do it.

u can however use peach's djc to dsmash oos. actually some what useable since it has a quick startup.

holding shield
jump, jump, nair as fast as u can
u shouldn't leave the ground and nair will cancel b4 it comes out....then d smash! lol

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
i'm like 90% sure i can make this so if good ppl (otto, vish, ciz, andy, kline) have passports and wanna show Canadia up, i'd love to transport the **** squad xD
Ordering us in terms of smash skill are we Charles? ;D
teehee. :embarrass::embarrass::embarrass:

but yeah you guys, we should make this work. Sounds like a fun weekend. =D

MasterC

Smash Ace
lol man you guys are reading too much into things, no offense teddy, not trying to say stefan is better than you or anything so chill lol but whenever i glanced over i'd see stefan gettin some combos in and it was pleasing to the eye, that's all...

as for vish, idk it just came out that way lol if i wanted to be technical i woulda threw shane and teddy in before you but i'm a nice guy and wanted you to think you were 2nd for a minute :p

Jem.

Smash Master
Nah i get where Teddy is coming from lol. I hate when someone beats me in tournament, they don't brag to you but when they're in THE CIRCLE they're like "aye yo i ***** him like boom done boom roasted didnt stand a chance" and you overhear it

its like wordddd? i remember it being last game last stocks.. if thats **** for you whats you losing look like lol

a little different, but ya know. just over-exaggerations lolz

MasterC

Smash Ace
hahaha yea def over-exaggeration lolz but i feel it, my b teddy no harm done tho right? cuz we ALL kno you be gettin it xD

why is it that smashers don't have passports tho? y'all gotta prep for the zombie apocalypse n sh** man, get out before it's too late cuz you kno the U.S. is gonna be the first country to implode n/or quarantine EVERYONE

Jem.

Smash Master
in the event of a zombie apocalypse and I need to leave the country, I'll pretend to be a zombie and the border patrol and everyone will leave

I just don't have a passport cause I don't have a reason to go to Canada or other countries haha

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
jem if u pretended to be a zombie id shoot u in the legs with my pistol and then knife u for extra points.

anyway ill look into an extended driver's license and so should anyone else with no passport. we need to start hitting up bc again, its hella fun.

MasterC

Smash Ace
i guess so

otto, try n get ben to come... mad falco's up north and i kno he loves those dittos lol plus it'd be kool to have a smokin buddy xD

EDIT: and yea, jem, have you ever seen zombieland? fake zombies = dead humans (RIP Bill Murray)

MasterC

Smash Ace
yea but otto and vish be johnin about tourney and usually wait till it's over to get down, ben don't give a fu** lol but kline you better get on that ish, you too c!z, haven't heard nothin from teddy/shane but iceman said his parents wouldn't let him and idk the rest of the PR

Jem.

Smash Master
Sorry, this just bugs the **** out of me..

CIZ, if Brawl isn't a competitive game, whats that happening in melee teams when I never even play? ;)

No, I won't singles MM, but I'd be glad to doubles mm in melee. You can have first pick of partner too. :D

I still <3 you I just wanna prove you that if Brawl doesn't take skill, i can beat you in melee teams when I never play the game and can hardly even l cancel with fox.

Just bugs the **** out of me when smashers should probably be supporting both games since it'll help keep both scenes alive. dividing isn't how you multiply! Don't have to play both games or enter both games even, but the smash community should all be supportive of each other.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I still <3 you I just wanna prove you that if Brawl doesn't take skill, i can beat you in melee teams when I never play the game and can hardly even l cancel with fox.
How come every time you mention melee teams you only refer to yourself playing as if you don't have a partner. Is Teddy always your partner? If so I think it's really silly to call people out on melee teams when you have an extremely skilled player carrying you. Sorry but every single time you've posted regarding melee teams it just looks like you hiding behind teddy's shadow

Not tryin to get personal, it's just how i've been perceiving it

On a side note i like watching brawl finals with Banana :D

Jem.

Smash Master
Changing my wall of text.

I just want to doubles mm. He gets first pick of partner. Preferably for $5 a person. If Brawl isn't a competitive game, I think it'd be funny if I won (again) in melee teams.

MasterC

Smash Ace
THE CALLOUT haha d*** jem is comin at him

what's good c!z??? i kno you're boutta get the MM on now xD vish/ciz vs jem/teddy $5 MM

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I was bored and ran some numbers....

It'll cost MastaC ~ $100 in gas for going to the canada tourney

There and back, plus i'd figure we'd be doing some driving while in BC

split gas 4/5 ways:

SUPER CHEAP GET ON THIS!!!

Jem.

Smash Master
THE CALLOUT haha d*** jem is comin at him

what's good c!z??? i kno you're boutta get the MM on now xD vish/ciz vs jem/teddy $5 MM
I'd be down for that.

It's not like, THE CALLOUT. THE CALLOUT is for people you don't like, I like CIZ :p. It's more like "If my game isnt competitive, then yours isnt either when I beat you!"

C!Z

Smash Lord
I never said brawl wasn't competitive. I really hope you're not being cocky cuz of that close set that we had at GC on which was probably the worst day of smash for me in a while(I lost to Ben that day as well). I'll gladly mm you with Bisno anytime. Not with Vish though, he doesn't space well enough in teams.

MasterC

Smash Ace
lol THE CALLOUT^^^

vish/andy vs ciz/otto $5MM, i got $5 on the sea-tac crew (no offense guys you kno i love ya)

btw that day ciz was pretty off jem, i took a game off him in our tourney set and i don't think that would ever happen IRL lol then he lost to ben who lost to iceman (which never would've happened had ciz been playing average)

no johns tho guys cuz everyone has off days, you just gotta not have em in tourney :p

lol i was playing better than anyone that day in teams, ciz ****ed it up. =1

yea but otto and vish be johnin about tourney and usually wait till it's over to get down, ben don't give a fu** lol but kline you better get on that ish, you too c!z, haven't heard nothin from teddy/shane but iceman said his parents wouldn't let him and idk the rest of the PR
i won the last 2 tournaments high lol

Zodiac

Smash Master
Hellllllo Washington! Im going to be in seattle from tomorrow night sometime to friday sometime. Are there any smashfest going on that I might attend while im up there?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yo Otto and Ciz, anything happen with regard to the house thing next year? I'm gonna have to start really lookin for a place to live next year, so it would be tight if you guys made any progress on finding a place etc.

My only stipulation is I have to be able to get to the u-district easily :P

Edit: Also, yeah, it should be common knowledge at this point that Vish is ONLY good in teams when he teams with me. Not joking either. <3

nah. me tony and ciz practically live together now tho lol. and vish too, he comes over like 3 or 4 days a week and buys weed now.

and toph, prepare to lose to my marth in tournament

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I was bored and ran some numbers....

It'll cost MastaC ~ $100 in gas for going to the canada tourney

There and back, plus i'd figure we'd be doing some driving while in BC

split gas 4/5 ways:

SUPER CHEAP GET ON THIS!!!
^ word.

On another note. Me/C!Z vs teddy/jem, ****en DONE!

Also, I don't really care at all, but talking about mm'ing peeps in doubles is kinda lame :/ If u wanna prove a point then it's GOTS to be singles yo.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
WA smash should say FareWell to B-Mello, the boys moving to NEVADA, he'll be missed but never forgotten, especially when Vish 4 stocked him on FD lol, naw but on the real, much luv to my bro Derek, gonna miss u boi

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Wow, really? Damn, I'm gonna miss that guy.

Tell him I'm gonna be in Vegas for Evo, and if he's down to come and kick it then so am I. :D

And tell him I'm planning on visiting Vegas sometime during the year outside of Evo anyway, so hopefully he's not too far from there.

nah. me tony and ciz practically live together now tho lol. and vish too, he comes over like 3 or 4 days a week and buys weed now.

and toph, prepare to lose to my marth in tournament
"nah" as in nothing's happened but you still planning on getting a place, or "nah" as in you guys aren't really planning on getting a place together anymore?

Hold up, do you still live at home in tukwila then? o.O or wut

I hella wanna live with you guys lol :[[[

Zodiac

Smash Master
I dont know if I can at this point, but If anyone is up for smashing pm me, I'll be checking smashboards on my phone.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
LOL! "buys weed now"
I thought I was getting it for you. Argh~! >_<;

Curses!
On the real, me and Tony be puttin in work in marvel while you guys is sleepin. :3
andddd we should practice melee more if we're going to canada. I can feel a bit of rust in my gameplay. :3

Also peace b-mello. you should hit up a tourney or smashfest before you bounce though.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Vish, what about you? I PM'd you on Facebook about it, but you didn't seem to read it so, do you know where you're trying to live next year?

Top Bottom