• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Wow, really? Damn, I'm gonna miss that guy.

Tell him I'm gonna be in Vegas for Evo, and if he's down to come and kick it then so am I. :D

And tell him I'm planning on visiting Vegas sometime during the year outside of Evo anyway, so hopefully he's not too far from there.

"nah" as in nothing's happened but you still planning on getting a place, or "nah" as in you guys aren't really planning on getting a place together anymore?

Hold up, do you still live at home in tukwila then? o.O or wut

I hella wanna live with you guys lol :[[[
nah as in we still plan on it im pretty sure. we live in tukwila. we tuk as ***

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
fiiiiilltyyyy

and aight tight lol

try to get a place near a convenient bus stop if you're gonna look downtown >.>

MasterC

Smash Ace
lmao random fact of the night, me and kline are smashin n these two b****es come to the door askin for vish when we hadn't' seen him all day/night rofl

then we were gettin down on marvel later and they came bak!! vish was dodgin em haha they were like we can't get ahold of vish n sh** lolol

cold vish, cold

pandacheck

Smash Ace
sounds like they wanted some luv, but vish ain't about luv, he's one of dem in an out *****s, gets what he wants, then dips into the next *****, then dips the **** out hah

and whats up with all these new faces that keep popping up out of no where, its kool that the communities getting bigger or whatever, but dang, all these fools are popping up around seattle, some new fools needa be living down here by me so we can smash

MasterC

Smash Ace
haha fat b****es need love too vish!! haha jp jp but ummm... yea that sucks that bmello bounced all of a sudden like d***, hopefully some new kool peeps pop up or y'all just get **** by yourselves

smashfest at my place this wed, not sure on the time as of now tho...

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
on the real though who's going to genesis? I think im going just haven't figured out if im going by plane or by car and i need to get that hotel rez.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Vish I posted this earlier but you have ****ty indian eyes so I gotta post it again, but do you know where you're tryna live next year? LOL like just in general, you gonna be in seattle/the u-district or what?

MasterC

Smash Ace
lol the pre-anti john, "if i lose, i suck balls"

note how he didn't say, "if i lose, you guys are good" xD

C!Z

Smash Lord
I'm gonna hafta step in and confirm that indeed, my **** tastes pretty good. Kline's just mad that he didn't get to taste, even after all those MM's =]

MasterC

Smash Ace
hahahahahahahahahahaha get got, s*** was mad funny lololol

EDIT: also, mofos!! be ready to discuss whether or not we're going to canadia next weekend (April 30th-May 1st) since i need to know by this weekend we should prob finalize the whole plan or at least get somethin goin...

I'm gonna hafta step in and confirm that indeed, my **** tastes pretty good. Kline's just mad that he didn't get to taste, even after all those MM's =]
the first time i read this yesterday i didnt see klines post first LOL

toph you be playin marvel at all?

****, lost my purple name again.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
oh @otto uhh, i started and i was gonna grind a ton + figure out a team this weekend but i got sidetracked by RPG's, anime and a hangover >_>

LOL, recommend me some tight characters to try out during the week? i don't have a team yet.

btw for those of you who watch anime, Puella Magi Madoka Magica is one of the best anime i've seen in a LONG time. episode 1 is cliche on purpose and then **** immediately hits the fan. definitely the best art of any anime ever too lol, it's ****ing beautiful hahah

it's also only 12 episodes. i marathoned it LOL

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
alot of people are tight in marvel. can't really recommend people that we aren't using tho (some people care about variety)

zero, wesker, dante, amaterasu, storm, wolverine, phoenix, dead pool, magneto, doom, akuma, task master are just some pretty classic tight people who are all good, like 2nd tier at least. u will probably pick at least 1 of them.

try out some of the biggems like hulk, his *****, sentinel, pipe *****.

or **** with like dormamu, modock, shuma gorath they are non traditional.

just watch level up series. its a youtube channel. the tourneys are called wednesday night fights...commentary is really good! and high level players frequent the stream. the format is nice too. u just load like 2 or 3 videos that are an hour to hour 20 each. the entire tourney duration is captured with commentary the whole time.

:phone:

def try zero. hmm. just go to this guys mvc3 combos playlist and let all the combos play.
http://www.youtube.com/user/trag13
then see who you think looks tight and mess with them to get used to the game. also watch what kline said to. once you see how things work more pick a team that works well

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think the easiest way to start is by thinking about play style.

aggressive rush down

mid

keep away

choose based off that. just note mvc3 is more offensive than mvc2. keep away or rush seem to be the way to go.

also think about assist, u wanna have assist that expand combos or help with getting inside...or to approach.

zero has below avg combos, and lowest health in game. but with assist he can do slight above average combo damage.

:phone:

zero can do just about as much damage without assists as he can with them. he has really long solo combos that go until his attacks wont combos anymore and assists are just about useless.

Smile

Smash Apprentice
Good as Zero is, you really need assists. As a general rules for MvC and 3 especially is to master your assists.

You can be the best Zero/Dante/Wesker whatever, but if you can't get in because you suck at using your assists and your opponent is amazing it you will never win.

MasterC

Smash Ace
idk prime, i mean zero's combos get stale after 3/4 of your health but with his double vision hyper and his lvl 3 he has potential to do WORK lol w/o assists

then factor in the assists and x-factor and he's pretty much god-tier with his ability to approach/keep away/rush down/etc...

can someone confirm this statement from the falco boards tho?

"Electric attacks have more hitlag for the victim than for the attacker. Normal attacks have equal hitlag for both players (unless it's an article like Fox/Falco's side-b, Sheik's Up-B, or any projectile, in which case only the victim has hitlag). Electric moves are the only case where hitlag has to even be considered when calculating frame advantage, as hitlag is different for the attacker and victim.

Unstaled perfect knee (land frame after hitlag ends) gives +4 on block after landing lag. To put it in perspective, it would be +0 if it weren't electric and the damage/landing lag was the same."

thanx in advance xD

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
With Assists zero can combo upwards of 900k(3meters no x). Easily hit 650 with the most basic assists combos 1 meter no x but thats the top of zeros solo combo game. however you can combo into genmu zero to break 700k solo but thats 3 meters and possibly x factor. I havent seen anybody get close to top damage without using x factor solo...and they usually use 4 meters. zero just does low damage and needs assists to maximize his combo potential, (or to get inside). I can easily do the same damage with deadpool (650k) using no assists and 1 meter and much much simpler combo. I will say that he may be able to get off using sougenmu but I havent really ****ed with it very much yet. Ive heard tho ppl get around 700k and use 2 meters. Iir thats about how much your combo did but you used 2 assists also.

here is an assist combo using lvl3 no x thats like +900k-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp_30R0aEEc
assists on avg are like an extra 200k to your combo

Masta C, thats crazy interesting. I was just looking at develop mode like a few hours ago, Im sure ill come across the answer now that ill be looking for it, because m2 has the electric nair. but this is the first ive heard of it but its very possible that its true. there isnt really a good guide or place to find block stun advantages and disadvantages, but thats something I was putting into my m2 guide because I want to find out wat m2 is capable of regarding any sort of pressure. Its pretty easy to djc frame perfect m2 fairs/nairs so Ill see whats up with that.

MasterC

Smash Ace
yea that's mad tight, chars with electric attacks ftw lol

btw did you ever look into that shield-stun option select ish? and you missed shane getting off with DK/Mario yesterday dawg, dude goes soooooo hard with low tiers on the low-profile tip you wouldn't even kno haha

shoutout to ciz for playin hella games wit me and teddy for winning a 360+kinect lol f***er

Top Bottom