• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think he meant major tournaments, as opposed to small local tourneys.

It'd be silly if one of P4's fest (local) counted as much as a Hobo or Phase (state-wide).

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Well, I think it would be just as hard to beat Razer or someone at a large tourney as it would be at a small tourney. I don't see how that should affect the amount of points you get for beating someone.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It matters, but it shouldn't have as much weight. Beating someone at a local tourney with no money involved is different than a large state-wide tournament with hundreds of dollars involved.

Also, people might john about not trying at local tourneys.

For example. I beat Razer in a free tourney a while back (it's not counted on the list, don't worry), but he didn't use Snake at all. So, should I still get the same amount of points as though it were a Hobo, even though it was obvious he was not trying? I would like to, but it would be silly. I would probably gain the max mount of points, and he would lose the max amount based on a set that wasn't taken seriously.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Well, if now, people would know that every set of every tourney counted, you'd think people would be sure to try more than before.

Anyone can **** around at any tourney. Doesn't make sense to me.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The point is, take the context of the tournament and apply a grain of salt to everything.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Well, I think it would be just as hard to beat Razer or someone at a large tourney as it would be at a small tourney. I don't see how that should affect the amount of points you get for beating someone.
Razer also lose less points at a small tourney if he loses to someone, so there

Are u saying points for a tournament like WHOBO should be the same as a house tourney? Take a guess, which tournament would players take more seriously?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The point is, take the context of the tournament and apply a grain of salt to everything.
Razer also lose less points at a small tourney if he loses to someone, so there

Are u saying points for a tournament like WHOBO should be the same as a house tourney? Take a guess, which tournament would players take more seriously?
This. So, go ahead, host a few house tourneys...you'll still get some points. But if you really want to move up the list, go to bigger tourneys and beat some people there. I recommend Hylian's tourney. Seems like everyone is going. ;)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Im going there just to time out Trela and claim an A Tier spot.

Chance of winning according to rating lower than 50%. Chance Im gonna time him out nearly 100%. Does not compute.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll be there to watch DMG...the whole 16 minutes.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Someone's just mad they are at the bottom of E-Tier.
If I knew you'd be like this, I'd have brought the pretzels.

Broly

Smash Lord
haha, ya'll know this is just a spite to rgv. Texas hates us cause we live so far from the rest of texas yet whenever we make 6-7 hour trip, one of us usually places top 10. Ive done it, shlike, vorgy, magik, andilex. we've all done it. its like when i lost to iluminati with Falco and xyro immediately posted it on twitter that i lost with marth. i laughed cos hes been that way ever since we started goin to Hobos. im not going to rip anyone like i would have back then because i care for melee way more, but people should be a bit less bias when placing people low cause of the way they feel about them then their actual skill. just my two cents on the matter

Suspect

Smash Hero
How do not-F-tier people get mad about being low? It's not like they are the lowest group or something.

I hate being low on this list. T_T
I have mentioned a lot that I don't care about it so I don't gripe about where im at on it since I don't care

Broly must be tro...*see's long post above me" broly mad.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
haha, ya'll know this is just a spite to rgv. Texas hates us cause we live so far from the rest of texas yet whenever we make 6-7 hour trip, one of us usually places top 10
Actually, Vorgy and Shlike are legit and I really like hanging out with them. Magik is pretty cool too. I don't really know the rest of RGV very well.

You're just mad you're not ranked higher :p

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
m2k- "aww dood where's the souths skill at dood?"

d4bag- "sum random in san angelo and houston dood, everybody else just places outside top 3 dood"

Broly

Smash Lord
id rather rgv be placed higher tha most scrubs on that list. id if up there or not, i dont play brawl as much anyways

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
You can't break this system. I've restructured and fine-tuned it to work with Brawl Tournaments. If you think you can you're welcome to try but I'm already telling you it's impossible.

Stop complaining broly =/

Broly

Smash Lord
true...

then i wanna congrat echo, p4, pnes, guero, phoenix, rei-gun[lol jk] and all those in e, d, c, and b tier for being better than me. you guys are pro level now. =]

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
haha, ya'll know this is just a spite to rgv. Texas hates us cause we live so far from the rest of texas yet whenever we make 6-7 hour trip, one of us usually places top 10. Ive done it, shlike, vorgy, magik, andilex. we've all done it. its like when i lost to iluminati with Falco and xyro immediately posted it on twitter that i lost with marth. i laughed cos hes been that way ever since we started goin to Hobos. im not going to rip anyone like i would have back then because i care for melee way more, but people should be a bit less bias when placing people low cause of the way they feel about them then their actual skill. just my two cents on the matter
i thought u were marth. doesnt matter though.

roy is better than the 5-6 people that are above him.

fact

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I wanna congrat Brolly for understanding how this works.

Oh wait.

Broly

Smash Lord
c-tier gnes, i think shlike and magi do deserve to be higher than me. but i truly think i should be in c-tier

hylian, MM me. 5?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Broly, I have you showing up as attending only 3 tournaments in the list of tourneys in the OP.

Hobo 21:
Lost to Snakee (1614)
Defeated Kates893 (1566)
Defeated Bwett (1642)
Lost to LeeMartin (1800)

Whobo 2:
Defeated RT (1617)
Lost to LeeMartin (1800)
Defeated Fonz (1583)
Lost to Jerm (1705)

Hobo 25:
Defeated LJ (1582)
Lost to Illmatic (1655)
Defeated Panty Raider (1571)
Lost to Hyro (1676)

I put the current rating next to each player, keep in mind that's not accurate because those players' ratings back then were probably less than they are now.

You're only in 3 tournaments, and you didn't do that hot in any of them. If you participated in more tournaments since the beginning of this year that I don't know about, tell me and I'll add them in. This goes for everyone.

Broly

Smash Lord
other than last tourny i only lost to what b-tier and above? so i dont got the cash to go to housto every weekend, and im last? use common sense before using a dumb system that counts attendance more than value. Texas PR List has failed EVERY time on my placing specifically. Haters gonna hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom