• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Broly's placings:

Hobo 18: 9th - lost to Inui and PhantomX (beat Dphat and Bear)
Hobo 19: 13th - lost to Trela and Melee1 (beat UTD Zac)
Phase 2: 17th - lost to Infiity and Bassem

Can't justify being above the others on there with that to show for this season :\ Like, I love you, but that's how it goes. I don't see what's elitist about that, lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Actually, dogs eating their own **** is completely natural.

In the wild, they'd eat their own feces to avoid being detected by predators and other competitors.
I stand corrected. My dog is just the smartest dog on the planet. :D

Oh and I totally overlooked DPhat going up 5 spots. Nice job, DPhat!

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Wait Dphat lost to a fox? I gotta hear this one lol ^_^

Also this is good, I like the fire the pr is causing in you people, now show it in game lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm better than both of you (Broly and Dphat) and I'm not even on the god **** list.

It's a list of a group of people's opinions. Take it with a grain of salt. If you disagree, either provide a better list, or change the opinions of said people.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
broly, dphat said something bad about your mom!

dphat, broly said something bad about your dad!

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
LMFAO get upset more PLZ, thanks for not answering the MM. OH NO I did bad at two tournaments in the beginning of the season WHERE i THOUGHT ABOUT QUITTING SINGLES. LMFAO broly you don't know ****. Plz constantly losing to the valley players/mexico/random other scrubs. LOL Broly what did you get at the Phase? Worst then me I bet.

Edit: Due to PX recommendation.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
What can I say, Ozz. I'm a big baby, I like to sleep and not play video games until 6AM :p

I had to list it though, b/c technically I was in the tournament, I just didn't play any games.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
IMO The list looks really good (well 1-10 looks pretty solid) and 11-15 are iffy BUT I do believe we have the correct 15 players on the list in a somewhat correct order. IMO this is one of our better PR lists.

And the fox I lost to was Zeton at phase2 (and I know fogo can't make fun of me for losing to a fox :)).

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
PX No I meant, I see a lot of potential in the 9pm start time, as if it were a player.
It took out a lot of players at hobo 19

Lolol Space Animal Trifecta will consume the next PR

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dude.

I've seen his Mom.

I'd pee in her butt.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Wow @ all of the complaining and pointless arguments.

In my opinion the PR list should simply answer the question "Who are the good players in your state?" Right now it answers that question, just look at the top 5: "Dojo, Razer, Gnes, PX, Dphat" There's no reason to list anymore players. These players have high consistent placings and perform well against other high ranked players in tourneys. These are our top players, our cream-of-the-crop.

So why does this list go to 15? Heck, I don't know, probably because TX is so dang huge and we have decently good players scattered all over it. It's only fair that we give them a chance by including them on "the list"... right? We gotta be fair... Yet the larger the list becomes, the less accurate it gets and the more people complain about what a sucky job the PR panelists have done. It's unfair to everybody!

So how do we fix this problem?

From this point forward, only look at the names in the top 5. Those are the only good players this state has to offer. Don't even bother looking at the names below, they don't mean much of anything. Sure they're great players, not your typical scrub, but they aren't consistent and therefore aren't the best we have to offer. The only reason why you see more names on this list is so that we can say "Yeah we have some other decently good players too!"

The more I think about it, the more a PR list looks like a Tier list than anything else. Pretty dang accurate when it comes to "How well this person/character does against another person/character" but never is it set in stone. Determined players can override the general opinion.

-Ran

Smash Master
The definition of Texas Power Rankings:
Part troll, part truth, and part oops we forgot about him.

^_~

Inui

Banned via Warnings
no johns esca, you are not a pit main. you CP because you know your main is not good and will lose. Your ranking need to reflect this. Bears does.
Esca's Pit is much better than his Meta Knight. What are you talking about?

nvm......ill edit this out. the pr is ******** as usual
Nah, they seem pretty legit. Esca and Trela are just too low. That seems to be the only issue.

ARE YOU JOKING? like really, are you that ********, to NOT place me on that list? i agree my friend vorgy deserved that spot, but to put him AND not me IS RIDICULOUS. i lost all faith in every panelist of texas. all you guys do is look at the elitist view, n place the list there.
You didn't do so well this season. That's all there is to it. You need to step it up.

Wait Dphat lost to a fox? I gotta hear this one lol ^_^

Also this is good, I like the fire the pr is causing in you people, now show it in game lol
I lost to a Fox too. I guess I'm horrible.

Hmm, going off the data I've seen provided by various players and my own opinions...

12. Trela
13. Esca
14. Vorguen
15. Ice

That should be the bottom four. It seems like others agree.

shlike

Smash Ace
Just curious broly if we do MM can you even rage quit? I would love to see it. If you can't I'll do it for you.
Anyways please be proud of beating my secondary over 3 months ago. Hope thats the high light of your brawl career.
dude seriously you crossed the line i love you but that was seriously ****ing ****

talking **** about the game is fine and dandy because it encourages competition but that was something else

chill the **** out dphat

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Fogo is number 2 in my heart... behind samboner <3

Saying only the top 5 are good is pretty macabre as well, Zac. Easily the top 10-11 we have were consistent enough to place accurately, once we got past that is that things were more "all over the place"

Popertop

Smash Champion
Ozz hobo 20 and kismet last 4. You used metaknight on me at last 4. You have also used meta on trela and other players.

no johns esca, you are not a pit main. you CP because you know your main is not good and will lose. Your ranking need to reflect this. Bears does.

let me be clear, theres nothing wrong with CPing chars. it just needs to be reflected in rankings.
Allan, he would beat you without meta, why does it even matter.

Esca's pit is ****ing good, and he mains pit, that's who he played from the very beginning.
He's spent THE MOST TIME ON PIT.
He plays a lot of ****ing characters, why waste time putting all that next to his name?
He doesn't cheat or steal wins you stubborn ***. Man, using meta on someone is unfair right?
Only if they suck at the matchup, and then they deserve to lose until they learn it.
But you will always lose because you play a bad character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom