• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Nah, they seem pretty legit.

I lost to a Fox too. I guess I'm horrible.
It's ok, I lost to a fox once too :)

Hmm, going off the data I've seen provided by various players and my own opinions...

12. Trela
13. Esca
14. Vorguen
15. Ice

That should be the bottom four. It seems like others agree.
Hmm, we will discuss.

DANG fogo.. it's okay you're number 1 in my heart :).
Yes! lol

Fogo is number 2 in my heart... behind samboner <3
Completely understandable lol

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Esca's Pit is much better than his Meta Knight. What are you talking about?

You didn't do so well this season. That's all there is to it. You need to step it up.

I lost to a Fox too. I guess I'm horrible.

Hmm, going off the data I've seen provided by various players and my own opinions...

12. Trela
13. Esca
14. Vorguen
15. Ice

That should be the bottom four. It seems like others agree.
Esca pit is way better then his Mk this is truth.
Broly not doing so well and needing to step it up Truth as well.
You losing to a fox truth. You being horrible for it? false.
Trela is not better then me I gurantee that. I'll back my standings now by challenging him to a 10$ 2/3 MM. Esca is good but, doesn't have enough placings to be higher then me. Vorgy isn't better then me but, definitly did good enough to be above me.

Saying only the top 5 are good is pretty macabre
What did you just say?!?!

It's ok, I lost to a fox once too :)

Hmm, we will discuss.

Yes! lol

Completely understandable lol
Dang I lost to a fox once too. Dangit.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
God****, Ice, macabre isn't even a big word. It wouldn't kill you to throw it into google or something if you don't know what it means, lol.

Also, I've lost to a Fox too... and it was also Zeton. **** that guy.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Trela is not better then me I gurantee that. I'll back my standings now by challenging him to a 10$ 2/3 MM.
You winning a head to head set in a match-up your character wins 60/40 doesn't make you better than Trela. It means you won a head to head set. Trela scored numerous impressive wins, especially at the last event of the season, which logically should carry the most weight. Placing 3rd at that event is no joke, and I don't think you or Vorguen could have done that.

Esca is good but, doesn't have enough placings to be higher then me. Vorgy isn't better then me but, definitly did good enough to be above me.
Numbers, numbers, numbers...

That's not what matters. It's about you beat and lose to. Esca, like Trela, has many impressive wins and only good losses. It's also worth noting that he's far above the other three being discussed in doubles, for whatever that's worth.

I will admit that I am less informed about what you and Vorguen have done. Care to enlighten me?

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
You winning a head to head set in a match-up your character wins 60/40 doesn't make you better than Trela. It means you won a head to head set.

That's not what matters. It's about who you beat and lose to. Esca, like Trela, has many impressive wins and only good losses.

I will admit that I am less informed about what you and Vorguen have done. Care to enlighten me?
Just because a matchup is tipped in one's favor doesn't mean me winning is in no way a fluke or just because I have the advantage. If he is as good as you claim he should be able to over come such a weakness. For example UTD ZAC vs snake wins almost all the time. And that's like a 70:30 (correct me if im wrong)

What me and vorgy have accomplished? Well vorgy won a tournment. And i've been placing top ten(9th) at every tournment I play in losing only to the best people. Dojo, Fogo, Bassem.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Just because a matchup is tipped in one's favor doesn't mean me winning is in no way a fluke or just because I have the advantage. If he is as good as you claim he should be able to over come such a weakness. For example UTD ZAC vs snake wins almost all the time. And that's like a 70:30 (correct me if im wrong)
Nah, Trela should only be 1-2 spots above you, imo, meaning his skill isn't much higher or higher at all. It just seems like he may have accomplished more this season. Head to head sets between players don't always show who's better. I can beat Atomsk 50% of the time but he's definitely better than me.

Snake only beats Game and Watch slightly.

What me and vorgy have accomplished? Well vorgy won a tournment. And i've been placing top ten(9th) at every tournment I play in losing only to the best people. DojoX2, FogoX2, Bassem.
Well...that doesn't tell me much... What wins do you guys have? Is the panel fully aware of what you two have done?

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Well you saying Atomsk beats you is quite a feat. Figuring as mk vs DDD is extremly hard if played correctly by the mk.

I don't keep track of Vorgy's win/loss ratio to player. In an earlier post I mentioned who I had beaten at the same tournment. I also beat Broly in a 5$MM but, I think you said that doesn't matter.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Against the good TX players, Trela doesn't have any notable wins. Ice has those wins over Hylian and Sethlon.
Wins against Texans are nice, but Trela has some huge OOS wins that show how good he is.

Well you saying Atomsk beats you is quite a feat. Figuring as mk vs DDD is extremly hard if played correctly by the mk.

I don't keep track of Vorgy's win/loss ratio to player. In an earlier post I mentioned who I had beaten at the same tournment. I also beat Broly in a 5$MM but, I think you said that doesn't matter.
I **** the **** out of his Dedede. He beats my Meta Knight with other characters. I'm talking mostly about when we sit down and just play, which involves me using Snake against his Dedede and stuff like that too, and low tier stuff like my Ike against his Lucas.

$5 MMs are counted in the NY, PA, and NJ rankings.

Whatever the panel ends up deciding will be fine, but I think they should look at the bottom four again.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm not joking when I say that, logically, wins against OoS people doesn't say ANYTHING about how good a player is RELATIVE TO THE REST OF THE TEXANS. You seem hell bent on bringing up their wins against people not from our state, when we're trying to make a PR list FOR OUR STATE.

It's like I told Esca... if you can **** Kismet, you're welcome to go to Georgia and be number 1.

We would count MMs if they are known, doubles doesn't matter when we make our singles list.

Broly

Smash Lord
oh ok, so me getting 9th, 13th, 17th gets me a placing NOT on pr list? yea makes a whole lot of sense.

To Dphat- attack my physicality all you want, i can care less. ill mm you. wont prove ****. the bias panelist wont ever take note in what I do.

hylian never beats me, beah, we are 1-1, esca, havent played recently, but he'd tell you im better. vorgy loses to me, but thats irrelevant since we know each other too well. ice beat me, so yeah. but my skills cant overcome bias people

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
And so it starts lol
Oh my, I'm assuming KISMET, KISMET KISMET name searches so he'll be here soon.

And broly your tournament results arent that impressive mine are 2x 13th (beginning of the season) 2x5th place finishes (one which was at NK2) and a tournament win in Oklahoma where I beaten very good players. If you want to compare your tournament placements to everyone else be free too cause I believe PX listed all the PRs tournament placements so the community can see how UNBIASED the list is.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The only person on the PR with a comparable placing record is Vorgy, with a 9th and 17th. However, at Battle at the Border he beat you and placed first in the tournament... sooo what do you suggest?

Everyone else on there over you placed consistently 9th or broke past it on at least one occasion.

Broly

Smash Lord
right, well how convienient it is for you to go to every tourny, while rgv cant. the list is Bias ofc, i placed the same thing last 'season' only adding a 17th place that many others got, fogo, vorgy, yet I didnt make it? hmmmm, yea thats fair

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I disagree with you counting big OOS wins as next to nothing or whatever, PX. Oh well.
This is a good point.

So, if someone managed to beat like M2K or Ally or some other big name, it wouldn't count at all?

Wat?

WAT?????

Broly

Smash Lord
The only person on the PR with a comparable placing record is Vorgy, with a 9th and 17th. However, at Battle at the Border he beat you and placed first in the tournament... sooo what do you suggest?

Everyone else on there over you placed consistently 9th or broke past it on at least one occasion.
OH You counted a Valley tourny? WOW now you do. did ya see me play him? nope cos we didnt. ask him if ya want, i beat him every time. im glad hes up there, but i deserve a higher spot.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You don't have to go to every tournament, but if you're going to go to just 2 or 3, you have to do great at all of them. People that attend more have more room for error.

You know your complaining is probably just going to get him moved down, if anything, right? Lol. You're still not going to get on this time. If we have to choose between Vorgy and you, Vorgy gets the spot because he won the tournament you were both at, that's how it goes.

Like, I know it's kind of **** to do, but valuing how much a win vs a good OoS player counts is ENTIRELY subjective, so it's a waste of time to try to quantify how much that's worth.

shlike

Smash Ace

wrong

broly never played vorguen he lost to pax in winners and me in losers

vorguen deserves to be where he is

but imo broly deserves a spot on there as well his placings are good he's beaten good players (zac, dphat, bear, royr) he should at least share 15th with esca

AT LEAST

DallasPhat

Smash Master
IMO whats the point being below top8 in a state. Your seeding isn't going to be effected imo 9-15 just honorable mention in a TO mind when they do seeding.
Edit: Where those wins this season? Cause past accomplishments don't mean squat on seasonal updates. Broly want to be on the list place better dude. It's as simple as that. Anyways his win over me was at a NON-MK tournament. Plz beat my secondaries more. I know you're good Broly but you definitely aren't better then me I'm telling you that. Also I'm glad you're calling everyone biased when you know they are listing factual numbers and tournament placements.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Nah I'll just decline the MM broly, if I lose you're goin to rub it in my face and if I win I'll be known as the guy who took money from a handicap. Lose lose to me. You can tell people I backed out of our MM, but doesn't change the fact I'm 5th on the PR while you aren't even on it. Anyways I got nothing to prove, TX already sees me as their #5 player LUL.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
My first goal was making the Power Rankings.

My next goal is being top 10.

Don't think I deserve my spot? I'll have to prove myself in Hobo 21. And I am accepting any and every money match.

:)

Esca

Smash Champion
wrong

broly never played vorguen he lost to pax in winners and me in losers

vorguen deserves to be where he is

but imo broly deserves a spot on there as well his placings are good he's beaten good players (zac, dphat, bear, royr) he should at least share 15th with esca

AT LEAST
I don't share sorry. I'm selfish.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Chill Vorguen, the B button will eventually break :)

Broly: How are they biased, when the PR AND PR Panel contain players from all over the state. They even labeled with cities. You were once on the PR anyways, so chill you can get back on quick.

bassem6

Smash Lord
My first goal was making the Power Rankings.

My next goal is being top 10.

Don't think I deserve my spot? I'll have to prove myself in Hobo 21. And I am accepting any and every money match.

:)

5 dolla! >_>

(Goes back into hiding)

shlike

Smash Ace
Shlike, I'll share my spot with you. Like in all seriousness.

<3333333

lol i dont deserve it i believe i'm capable of being on the pr but my placings this season are complete **** i lost to an ike in tourney after all

seriously who the **** loses to ike

scrubs :'(

lulz

Trela

Smash Lord
Xyro and Inui: Thank you very much for arguing for my placement.

Ice: I guess I could accept your MM. It's just that I NEVER have enough money left over after entering Singles and Doubles. Maybe one day I can.

I'm satisfied with my placement and really do not care who is in front of me. My goal this Season was to move up to 14th place on the PR, and mission accomplished. Good job, Trela. Now I want you to move up 2 times next Season. Hopefully you can do it.

I view the PR like a not-deserved prize for me. I make myself think that ONE bad placement in a Tournament results in me not being on the List. After my HOBO 18 placement, I thought that I should not even be CONSIDERED for the PR because it really was that bad to me. I also look at the players that didn't make it to the List. I know how it feels to do good in Tournaments but not make the List. "I'm lucky and do not deserve this reward" is what I say.

So I am just happy to be on this List. Thank you for putting me on this List! I promise yoll that I will continue to get better and will one day defend myself for a TRUE placing on this List.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
My worst placement ever on NJ's list for Melee or Brawl has been 5th, and I've remained 4th in NJ for Brawl...forever.

I'm stuck in a position where there's always an elite trio above me I can't surpass. It used to be dmbrandon, Mew2King, teh_spamerer. dmbrandon quit for a bit, but then Atomsk passed me up. Atomsk, Mew2King, teh_spamerer dominated NJ. Mew2King moved and teh_spamerer quit, but then ADHD and ksizzle rose in skill dramatically.

ADHD, Atomsk, ksizzle. I can't break past that. I also can't really get outdone by Zucco, Kai, Pierce, MalcolmM, etc. enough to ever be below them it seems.

Rankings are very unexciting for me in NJ beyond being a panelist since I'm always 4th and will probably always be 4th.

Everyone that isn't stuck in a spot should try to enjoy the ups and downs. It's better than going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom