• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Placings don't matter.

Who you beat and lose to is all that matters, and activity requirements are in place to make sure only valid tournament threats are listed. This makes the rankings as accurate as possible.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ok then if placings are what matters.......i just entered hobo 22 all the way through hobo 459. i got 1st place in all of them. i want my top spot, plz!

EDIT: i entered Apex 2 all the way through Apex 99. got first.
There is a requirement of players needed at a tournament before we look at it, and that includes ranked players. Placings aren't the only thing that matter, but they are important as well as who you beat and lose to. You are also not going to be ranked if you are not active, it doesn't matter how good you are.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I totally forgot about jerm too. How did jerm get knocked off when he always places pretty consistent.

doesn't matter though, just a silly epeen list.
This season he hasn't placed well at all. People need to remember this is a SEASONAL list, so if you do bad at tournaments during that season, for that season you are not among the top tournament threats and need to step it up. Does that mean you're a bad player and incapable of being on it, no? It just means you need to prove it better.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
oh i also beat m2k/ally/gnes/razer/tyrant/lain/meep/hugs/chu/candy/dojo/adhd/dvd/vcr/vhs and cnn in all of those events i listed a post or 2 back. Wheres my top spot, plz.

EDIT: 2 people asked for my list and i gave it. dear lord, get over it.

EDIT 3: i also said this list is fine with the exception of vorg and ice. dear lizord, get over it

Esca

Smash Champion
ok then if placings are what matters.......i just entered hobo 22 all the way through hobo 459. i got 1st place in all of them. i want my top spot, plz!

EDIT: i entered Apex 2 all the way through Apex 99. got first.

EDIT 2: im active and i travel!!!!
Don't worry be happy.

Why are you tripping out so hard... for real? Trela made it on the list STOP *****ING. ****.

Xyro77

Don't worry be happy.

Why are you tripping out so hard... for real? Trela made it on the list STOP *****ING. ****.
im not tripping out. im actually fine with the list. its just the people making it are..........lololol nvm

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Thank you inui.

@cy: ozz placed 25th and 13th twice at the hobos and 3rd at u of h, we aren't sleeping on him lol

Allan, I like that I'm higher on your list lol jk but that list could be possible if everyone could make it to tournaments.

Idk, there's a lot of things I don't like about a lot of the lists I've seen, and in my time I've realized the only thing you can change is yourself. You want a change? Be it, those who care will follow.

Esca

Smash Champion
It's based off a mixture of tournament results and wins/losses. You can't argue with that.

Yeah, Roy's good and so is Sam, but you're wanting to commend them for one acheivement THIS season.

Xyro77

Again, my list is based off of common sense and skill. I dont give a **** about results/activity because its STILL a fact royr/melee1/sam can beat the crap out of half that list(well royr can at least) and only go to one event every 4 months.

The lists being created after every 9 or 10 events is not a true representation of tx.

Crew battles is another example of REPRESENTING tx. God knows none of you would choose to put ice/vorg/zori/ozz in a crew battle over ROYR or MELEE 1 so why you do it in a PR?

BTW, esca needs to have meta or IC next to his name. He wouldnt have done as "well" as he did had he not gone those 2 chars over the course of this PR ranking. if you gonna make an inaccurate list, plz at least get the characters right.

Esca

Smash Champion
Okay, Hold on now. Who did I beat GOOD that I used MK or IC's against?

My wins against d4ba AND kismet were with Pit.

THANK you.

Also, I used Luigi and D3 too. SO why not put them by my name? Oh, I know why. Because you think I have to steal wins to do well. You always fail to mention good accomplishments you only capitalize on bad ones.

Please name one person I couldn't have beat when I went meta/IC's.

You really wanna know the reason I go MK/IC's Allan? Truth is, I know that your tournaments usually last a long time. So in reality, I just wanna do my big buddy a favor and speed his tournaments up. So when I'm going Metaknight or Ice Climbers, I'm really just thinking about you, Allan. Helping out a friend in time of need. Otherwise, that would add another 5 minutes to the tournament EVERY set. So if you want your tournaments to run an extra half hour, I guess I'll stop helping you out. =/

Sorry.

Zori

Smash Champion
Lol 1 Away from my goal, did you guys do that on purpose lol? Anyways the list is fine with me I need to step it up :3

Xyro77

Ozz hobo 20 and kismet last 4. You used metaknight on me at last 4. You have also used meta on trela and other players.

no johns esca, you are not a pit main. you CP because you know your main is not good and will lose. Your ranking need to reflect this. Bears does.

let me be clear, theres nothing wrong with CPing chars. it just needs to be reflected in rankings.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
At first i was a little upset that i didnt make it but then I realized i dont really care if i make 15th or 13th or whatever on this list, i just wanna get top 5 not really halfway if that makes sense

Also yeah, the Texas PR will always have problems, we have too many good players in this huge state, many inactive, many that randomly do good. Dont forget el paso and RGV, both are very strong regions, and San Antonio. Its way too difficult to make a Texas PR unless you split Texas up which no one would like, so I see no point of you guys complaining.......

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Guys calm down.

It's obvious to me that his Main is Pit. At the same time, he has used MK enough for him to be considered at least a secondary/worth mentioning also. I'll have Hylian put Esca down as Pit/MK unless someone has a good reason not to.

Esca

Smash Champion
I could destroy you without using Meta. I used d3 against Trela. TY.

I'm not a competant Meta player. I use IC's/Luigi/D3 the same amount I use Meta. 80% of my tournament play is using Pit. I only use Pit against good players. Anyone GOOD that has played me knows this.

Another reason I used Meta against you is because I like getting you in bracket in places outside of your tournaments and abusing MK against you. :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol 1 Away from my goal, did you guys do that on purpose lol? Anyways the list is fine with me I need to step it up :3
Actually, we didn't even know about it, but I'm not going to lie, I loled when you mentioned it.

It's ok, my goal last PR was to break top 5 (got 6th), and I finally did it :D Just gotta step it up a bit more.

The list is showing MAINS. They may secondary other characters, but they're not listed. Bear uses whoever he feels like at any given time, but now that he's starting to focus on MK primarily, next PR will probably have him listed as MK.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
I don't think anyone has room to say anything about losing to said player. When the last tournments I played in I had to play Dojo either 1st round or 2nd round. And then turn around and play Fogo like 3rd or 4th round of losers. And still managed to get 9th.

I like how Allan doesn't think I deserve to be on the list. I'd like for you to name someone on that list that isn't above tenth place that you think I couldn't successfully beat. And I'll also remind you that at Hobo 18 I took out Sethlon and Hylian two people signifcantly higher then me on the list.

It's okay though because unlike you I'm not gonna b**** about it. I'm perfectly okay with where I'm at on the list because that just means I need to try harder.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
PR causes controversy again...who knew? :ohwell:

Xyro77

I don't think anyone has room to say anything about losing to said player. When the last tournments I played in I had to play Dojo either 1st round or 2nd round. And then turn around and play Fogo like 3rd or 4th round of losers. And still managed to get 9th.

I like how Allan doesn't think I deserve to be on the list. I'd like for you to name someone on that list that isn't above tenth place that you think I couldn't successfully beat. And I'll also remind you that at Hobo 18 I took out Sethlon and Hylian two people signifcantly higher then me on the list.

It's okay though because unlike you I'm not gonna b**** about it. I'm perfectly okay with where I'm at on the list because that just means I need to try harder.
i didnt say you were bad(because of the seth/hylain ordeal) bad players cant do what you did. hell, ive even stayed at your house and played you, I KNOW you are good. ive felt it(no homo)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Congrats to all the newcomers! And daaaang, especially good stuff for Fogo going from unranked to 6th! Way too good.

My only critique is this: shouldn't Esca be classified as "Newcomer"? I thought he wasn't on the last list.

It's true that some really talented Smashers dropped off the list due to inactivity, but if anything, that just speaks to how strong our state is. Change like this will only encourage improvement, and that's exciting to me.

Oh yeah, and I love the new table presentation of the PR. It would be even better if the table was some kind of graphic/color.

Xyro77

i shouldnt have said i "felt it" i some how knew it would bite me.

and dojo, you are a mexico *****.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's true that some really talented Smashers dropped off the list due to inactivity, but if anything, that just speaks to how lazy our state is.
Spot the fix!! :D

Oh, and good job to Bear. I didn't even see him on it until like, the fourth look through.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Touche, Espy, touche.

Also Xyro my dog doesn't eat crap. My neighbor's dog, though, I'm pretty sure is mildly ********....

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Congrats to all the newcomers! And daaaang, especially good stuff for Fogo going from unranked to 6th! Way too good.

My only critique is this: shouldn't Esca be classified as "Newcomer"? I thought he wasn't on the last list.
Thanks :D I like the way you look at things, with the whole "Exciting possibilities" stuff, makes happy to know some people take our hard work and number crunching and get something good from it.

And yeah Esca is new, that should be changed.

Broly

Smash Lord
ARE YOU JOKING? like really, are you that ********, to NOT place me on that list? i agree my friend vorgy deserved that spot, but to put him AND not me IS RIDICULOUS. i lost all faith in every panelist of texas. all you guys do is look at the elitist view, n place the list there.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Touche, Espy, touche.

Also Xyro my dog doesn't eat crap. My neighbor's dog, though, I'm pretty sure is mildly ********....
Actually, dogs eating their own **** is completely natural.

In the wild, they'd eat their own feces to avoid being detected by predators and other competitors.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
LMAO @broly quoting the OP and stretching the page just to *****!

Dude, you can lose faith in us all you want, but numbers and losses don't lie, you're not on for a reason this go around, now show us why you should be on and ****.

Oh and get ***** Xyro lmao

OH and ZUCCO, stop name searching lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom