• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

Kyo Kyle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4468-1456-3061
Mr.Sonic main you don't know what its like to play snake and have to navigate rainbow. I can't get anywhere fast enough!!!!

aaaAAAaaa :denzel:

I hope you guys here aren't comparing IC's to MK again -_^b
Hey Dekillsage,

What I meant to say was it's to bad that the IC's cheap zero death chain grab isnt banned ALONG with Meta Knight, ofc, it'd probably be more doubtful for the grab to get banned than Meta Knight himself. Sorry if I confused you. Heheh

Kyo Kyle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4468-1456-3061
But you gotta admit that chain grab can turn the tides of the matchup if IC's are losing.
Yeah it can, and the grab is a great aspect of IC. I frown upon though how people can overuse the IC zero death grab and it isn't even limited. Adding with their camping game, avoiding this trap and approaching them has to be MUCH more difficult.

I assume you'd have to be equally cautious with an IC Player as a MK player, because of their amazing potential.

Funkmasterblitz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2895-6639-4314
Yeah it can, and the grab is a great aspect of IC. I frown upon though how people can overuse the IC zero death grab and it isn't even limited. Adding with their camping game, avoiding this trap and approaching them has to be MUCH more difficult.

I assume you'd have to be equally cautious with an IC Player as a MK player, because of their amazing potential.
Mk is actually one of the few who can easily separate IC's, meaning having an advantage on them.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
lol @ all these people complaining about ICs

They're not even top 5 imo

The REAL Tier list:
1. Mewtwo (he was so broken during development that they removed him the game, it was the only way to balance him)
2. Jigglypuff (nobody can use her correctly and it makes me sad :()
3. Captain Falcon (same as Puff)
4. MK
5. Diddy Kong
6. ICs

Funkmasterblitz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2895-6639-4314

The REAL Tier list:
1. Mewtwo (he was so broken during development that they removed him the game, it was the only way to balance him)
4. MK
5. Diddy Kong
6. ICs
No this is the real tier list:

1. Captain Falcon
2. Mk
3. Everyone else
4. Rick Wheeler(crappy brawl falcon)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657

The REAL Tier list:
4. MK
5. Diddy Kong
6. ICs
Thanks for your insight, xMew2SmAsHfAnX97

Kyo Kyle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4468-1456-3061
Mk is actually one of the few who can easily separate IC's, meaning having an advantage on them.
Funkmasterblitz,

I can see why you think that, and I really am with you there :), this must partly be why they hit #2 in the tier list, as other characters have a hard time countering, and separating them.

Although, in my opinion, i still think it is possible with other characters to counteract IC, it's just there are much less options, characters other than MK, actually have. MK being flawless, he has fast movement, unpredictability if used correctly, some moves unpunishable, or difficult to punish, like mach tornado.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Makes me glad PS2 receives more love down South.
I feel like the AN would suck the passion I have for this game right out of me. :applejack:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
ICs have definitive losing MUs even with the CG. They are kind of like an upgraded DDD. If your character has the tools to fight them (MK, Snake, Diddy, Marth, ZSS, Wario, TL, Wolf, Rob, Peach, Ike, Bowser) you go even or slightly better. If you don't play those characters you get pooped on.

FredFuchs

Smash Apprentice
Funkmasterblitz,

I can see why you think that, and I really am with you there :), this must partly be why they hit #2 in the tier list, as other characters have a hard time countering, and separating them.

Although, in my opinion, i still think it is possible with other characters to counteract IC, it's just there are much less options, characters other than MK, actually have. MK being flawless, he has fast movement, unpredictability if used correctly, some moves unpunishable, or difficult to punish, like mach tornado.
mk is not flawless. he has grab release problems, light weight, and a low airspeed making him reliant on gliding for aerial mobility

ICs have definitive losing MUs even with the CG. They are kind of like an upgraded DDD. If your character has the tools to fight them (MK, Snake, Diddy, Marth, ZSS, Wario, TL, Wolf, Rob, Peach, Ike, Bowser) you go even or slightly better. If you don't play those characters you get pooped on.
bowser? i thought he had a nearly unwinnable mu against ics

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic. :applejack:

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
lux keeps saying that bowser goes even with the ics, and im going to keep saying hes full of crap until I get video proof.
Bowser probably has some decent tools in the match up. I wouldn't say its very good at all though.
Doesn't Pika have a pretty good ICs matchup too? (I think he still loses, but relatively speaking.)
Not really no. Maybe with infinite timer :denzel:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Not sure what you mean by troll, even the IC panel for the MU Chart was split on whether the MU against Bowser was even or not when it came to voting.

Only reason it didn't move on was we were limited in number of changes we could suggest

TLDR - Whirling Fortress, Flame Breath

FredFuchs

Smash Apprentice
were the differences in opinions in the ics pannel that drastic because -4 and 0 is quite the difference. however, if by any chance lux isn't being serious, disregard this entire post.

Cassio

Smash Master
From top to bottom Japan is what NY/NJ thinks they are. NY/NJ is still very strong though.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Kind of like how 2 NY/NJ players were in Grand Finals at Apex while the Japanese players didnt get to Grand Finals? Now Im not straight up saying NY/NJ > Japan, but saying they arent comparable is laughable.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Kind of like how 2 NY/NJ players were in Grand Finals at Apex while the Japanese players didnt get to Grand Finals? Now Im not straight up saying NY/NJ > Japan, but saying they arent comparable is laughable.
And the year before it was two Japanese players in Grand Finals, what's your point?

I don't actually care about your answer, just wanted to point out the flaw in your argument.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
And the year before it was two Japanese players in Grand Finals, what's your point?

I don't actually care about your answer, just wanted to point out the flaw in your argument.
My argument is that NY/NJ and Japan are comparable... lol...

Apex 2012 - Japan Top 2
Apex 2013 - NY/NJ Top 2

How is there any flaw in that, especially when the 2013 results are more current...

Top Bottom