• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Matchup Chart v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Well, actually I never get 10 U-tilt against Falco, but I've already landed 10 on Wolf (but I think if he doesn't try to DJ too early, I can't get 10). I have a video even though Squirtle was fresh so that's not exactly the same thing, but I don't have any better vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxNW_iMyEcM&feature=player_detailpage#t=234s
Do you have any other info on this Wolf? I remember seeing that video before but couldn't find out anything else about him :(

:059:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I don't see why he wouldn't have been a good Wolf. It's possible for someone to be good with any character if they play said character enough, and have someone to practice with. From what I've seen in the video, I'd say yes.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I mean, he did the right air release follow-ups on PT lol, so that alone tells me that he's got good knowledge :p haven't watched the video since you posted it on the PT boards so I don't remember too much, but I was always hoping to see more of his Wolf.

:phone:

Laem

Smash Champion
Those uptilts look pretty guaranteed to me.

edit: especially the ones where wolf makes a backflip when he gets hit. I HATE WOLF FOR DOING THAT. ITS LIKE HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT ACTUALLY WINNING, FLASHY ONLY.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I mean, Wolf actually has winning MUs on characters that aren't terrible, so you can't really compare him to those two in this case :p

:phone:

Cassio

Smash Master
L is terrible at the MU (sorry L). Its a solid -1 though.

Theoretically I think pikas worst MU should be Diddy.

Cassio

Smash Master
I said theoretically nub :glare:, in practical terms ICs and Oli are definitely worse. Although myself, rich, anuar, and Z all think Oli is only a -1 now.

Cassio

Smash Master
Its less about the diddy MU and more about the other two. People make the mistake of believing range is pikas biggest issue, when really its characters with a strong ability to limit options.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
D3s pride themselves on their ability to grab things so far away that they could probably grab light out of a black hole. That being said, D3 can't grab ICs, and just about everything D3 does gets him grabbed. He's too slow in the air, so he's pretty much stuck on the ground.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Link being -1 against G&W? I'd like to think that it's because Game & Watch has overall better priority and kill power, really. I mean, G&W's aerial game is really what makes the MU difficult, but Link can still win (hence why it's only -1 and not worse). Link has great disjoints on the ground and solid projectiles that can keep G&W at bay, and it's not like Game & Watch can Bucket Link's projectiles either, so Link's long-range options are safe. Then there's the killing; Link usually has a hard time killing in general, but thanks to the light weight of G&W, Link can get a kill on him fairly easy, though one has to keep in mind that G&W can Bucket Break. Really, the only real problem for Link in the MU is the fact that Link can be easily gimped, and G&W's Fair can do that easily. Maybe that's what makes the MU a -1; the fact that G&W can gimp Link so easily.

As for the Tink vs. Samus MU, I couldn't really tell you.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Characters who are bad at KOing are still bad at KOing even if the opponent is Jigglypuff. It's pointless to argue that character with low KO potential do better against lighter character because so does every ****ing character.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Characters who are bad at KOing are still bad at KOing even if the opponent is Jigglypuff. It's pointless to argue that character with low KO potential do better against lighter character because so does every ****ing character.
That doesn't stop the fact that G&W's light weight makes the MU more painless for Link than it otherwise would've been.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Except he is practically a mid weight since he has the bucket brake so your argument is kinda bad.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Except he is practically a mid weight since he has the bucket brake so your argument is kinda bad.
Are you joking? He's the second lightest character in the game. Bucket Braking does let him survive longer, but this is provided he can launch an aerial/airdodge and then use the Bucket fast enough. If he's hit hard enough, he won't have the time to momentum cancel.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
And in that case he would be dead, doesn't matter how light he is. Bucket braking makes a huge difference.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Are you joking? He's the second lightest character in the game. Bucket Braking does let him survive longer, but this is provided he can launch an aerial/airdodge and then use the Bucket fast enough. If he's hit hard enough, he won't have the time to momentum cancel.
With bucket braking, GnW can survive as long as R.O.B. does from the center of FD.
Referring to this: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Momentum_canceling#Character_abilities_chart_2

GnW's survivability problem is only vertically.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It still means that he gets launched off stage more, during which Link can tack on more damage by chucking projectiles at him/maybe possibly gimp him. And G&W can't be trying to KO Link when he's busy trying to get back on stage.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
G&W doesn't try to get back on the stage, he just does. Especially against someone like Link. And Links projectiles are already kinda sad attempt at being projectiles so I don't see how that helps.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
And Links only vertical killer worth mentioning is his crappy dair.
His Utilt is actually a decent killer at high percents.
It still means that he gets launched off stage more, during which Link can tack on more damage by chucking projectiles at him/maybe possibly gimp him. And G&W can't be trying to KO Link when he's busy trying to get back on stage.
The problem is that given G&W's great recovery, he's actually quite hard to gimp - projectiles or not. G&W may not have a versatile recovery as - say - MK or Pit, but Fire does get the job done more than well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom