• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Bowser's Castle always seems to be the same, what with it being a dark brick place with lots of lava. They could have giant Bowser statues, spitting fire, or those rotating maces, or other traps.

As long as his castle is there, I'll be happy. :D
that's what I was thinking, maybe they could have lava with a bridge and maces which wouldn't be bad at all

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Also, I'm in favor of the SMB3 stage, as the retro Mario stage. They coud have giant koopas, sound blocks, that angry sun, or loads of other cool stuff. Oh, and the return of those pipes. :O

And for the Wario stage, I was kinda thinking it would be a paper cut-out style version of Diamond City, with a big buliding in the center with a huge TV screen that shows various microgames.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'm in favor of the SMB3 stage, as the retro Mario stage. They coud have giant koopas, sound blocks, that angry sun, or loads of other cool stuff. Oh, and the return of those pipes. :O

And for the Wario stage, I was kinda thinking it would be a paper cut-out style version of Diamond City, with a big buliding in the center with a huge TV screen that shows various microgames.
What If the stage randomly changed it's theme completely like every minute

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
How about a Paper Mario 2 Stage stage? It could be a walk off, and characters in their seats could occasionally throw things at you, and the scenery could change with a quick curtain close, and light fixtures and scenery could fall on you... oh man that would be insane!

But totally not tournament legal. Lolz.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
How about a Paper Mario 2 Stage stage? It could be a walk off, and characters in their seats could occasionally throw things at you, and the scenery could change with a quick curtain close, and light fixtures and scenery could fall on you... oh man that would be insane!

That would be awesome, we can probably expect something like that once we see Paper Mario confirmed, if he goes in....

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace

Yeah, not tournament legal, (well I hope it's not) lol. It would be a good stage, fun to the max. Also it would look sick, I love the graphics on Paper Mario games, this would make the stage look one of the best.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I know we have a stage for Metaknight and one for Pit, but what do you think Kirby's home stage will be? Another version of the Wispy Woods? What about Samus/Zamus? Does anyone think there will be a stage specific to Zero Suit Samus?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Or a stage where they're falling through a tunnel in space like the area where she's fighting Ridley in that one Metroid game. I never played it but I saw it and it was sweet. Just a platforms that bends the sides up and down real slowly as the tunnel around grows and shinks. They're always falling and occasionally it goes into a weird dropping motion like in Big Blue when the cars go off a jump. That low grav in the middle of nowhere is the best part of Big Blue so they should have it more often. Two levels anyway. It would be tourney leagle cause that's not enough to ban. It would seem fast and intense with the crazy rising backround too.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I know we have a stage for Metaknight and one for Pit, but what do you think Kirby's home stage will be? Another version of the Wispy Woods? What about Samus/Zamus? Does anyone think there will be a stage specific to Zero Suit Samus?
To quote someone who said this before (sorry, I have a headache and I don't feel like searching the past few pages): "Smash Bros. isn't complete without a tree that blows." Melee had two. Brawl will almost undoubtedly have a "tree that blows".

P.S. Sorry for the double post.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
....Only big name third party characters should get into Brawl. Siegfried, isn't even his series main lead. (Though to be fair, the series doesn't really have that, and Sieg is high up there, right around Mitsurugi) That added to the fact that SC, although big, isn’t THAT big.

Also, a traditional fighting game character really shouldn't be in Brawl. >_>

Anyways, back on topic. I think with that Ridley music, we are getting a Norfair level, regardless of whether Ridley is in or not. Also, this may be the first time we don't have a Kirby stage with "a tree that blows" as well...it's been there to much in the previous games. There's loads of things Kirby's stage could be, so hopefully it will be used to fill some terrain discrepancies. (AKA be used for stage environments that the others have not used.)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
How about this time the tree is to the right of the screen like in the actual Kirby games? When it blows it blows HARD and you have to run to keep from being blown off. Also, you can bounce your enemies off the tree's face and he could get banged up and that would stop him from blowing for a while.

(I actually don't like that idea. I would never play that stage, but I was just having fun making it up.) ;)

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
We all know that Samus and Zamus are one and the same, but what i meant by a "zamus-specific" stage is a stage from Metroid Zero Mission, during which the player had to be ZS Samus. Though, personally, I wouldn't mind having the classic Brinstar stage again. I would really dig a stage from any of the Metroid Primes, like a phazon wastes stage or something.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I looked at the update and this is what I see....

If DK is doing an attack on Skyworld, why aren't the platforms breaking?

I think this could confirm the "Red light" theory...or it has to be a Dtilt to destroy the platforms..

OmegaXXII

Though, personally, I wouldn't mind having the classic Brinstar stage again. I would really dig a stage from any of the Metroid Primes, like a phazon wastes stage or something.
Definetly agree with you, they should really bring this stage back, if they don't tweak it out, then it should at least be brought back as a classic stage which would be tight

ps.srry for this 2nd post my cpu is weird

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
We've got one Twilight Princess stage, Bridge of Eldin, and while it was a fairly good choice, there were many better. But with two TLOZ characters in Brawl so far, there's room for at least one better Twilight Princess stage. Possible stages...

City in the Sky
Awesome. Not only would there be plenty of wind elements, there'd also be Argorok, the boss.

Goron Mines
Especially the main room, the Volcano Forge area. Brilliant.

North Faron Woods
I'm talking about the exterior of the Forest Temple here. Giant tree would be fairly cool, plus they could add in some of the hazards on the path to the Sacred Grove.

Palace of Twilight
That would own, considering all the terrible beasties flying around in the darkness, and the veils of darkness.

Sacred Grove
The Skull Kid, plus the whole area is fairly confusing, so that could be an element.

Snowpeak
A stage on a snowy mountain with blizzards? That would be awesome.

Snowpeak Ruins
A castle stage. I could've put Hyrule Castle, but that would've been boring. Here, there's slippery ice surfaces, Freezards and cannons.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
^^^All good choices. Apparently nobody noticed my City in the Sky idea earlier, so I'll post it again:

Some floating, non-dropthrough platforms set high above the land of Hyrule. In the very far background, towards the bottom, you can see Hyrule Castle ever so faintly. Occasionally, Argorok could fly by and destroy a platform, a bridge, whatever. He could also be a hazard in that he can hurt you. (I had a vision the other day of Link doing his down-A tilt spike on Fox, who flies down into Argorok and bounces back up into Mario's waiting arms. Mario then throws Fox backwards for a stolen KO. That scene almost made me drool.) If all the platforms are destroyed, everyone could fall to a new set of platforms. There could be a couple seconds of freefall fighting, all midair stuff, before they landed. And so on, and so forth.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Actually guys, I am looking forward for the Sumo Wrestling ring in TP at the entrance of Goron Mines. You would fight on the sumo platform while being able to see Goron's cheering you on. Or you could be in front of the ring and see Goron's Sumo Wrestling. That would be very cool.

The Sacred Grove is something I brought up a long time ago. It would be the pinnacle point where skull kid is on those logs teleporting then summoning his minions. You could see that in the backrground or maybe they could be stage hazards? That level would be like the Pokemon Stadium transoformation to a forest but way more graceful, and a better enviroment to fight on. That would be like a dream stage for me.

komickid

Smash Apprentice
for city in the sky i love the idea of free fall fighting... that would be just awesome!!

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Never been there. I got to Abertier's Grounds and my Wii broke, so I lost all the data and bought a new Wii. Actually, my aunt is the manager of Indianapolis Wal-mart, she just got me a new one, no cost to her or me. I don`t feel like starting over.

OmegaXXII

Never been there. I got to Abertier's Grounds and my Wii broke, so I lost all the data and bought a new Wii. Actually, my aunt is the manager of Indianapolis Wal-mart, she just got me a new one, no cost to her or me. I don`t feel like starting over.
lol you should hook me up with a wii ;) anyway I also like the look of Abertier's Grounds, should be in as well imo

Top Bottom