• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Like some others think...

I figure that it will be a plane that takes you back to the bottom, either that, or just a non-moving platform at the top...but i dont think so...
I hope not because that sounds really boring if it would restart the stage, instead it would be nice if it transported to another part of the level instead

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I hope not because that sounds really boring if it would restart the stage, instead it would be nice if it transported to another part of the level instead
Ya, it would be more interesting like that... but then what happens after that? lol

It would be kind of cool though to battle inside a plane until it let you out...

OmegaXXII

but I doubt there will be a plane in that level anyway, unless there actually was on in jungle beat which i've never played before

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
but I doubt there will be a plane in that level anyway, unless there actually was on in jungle beat which i've never played before
I've never played it before either... I just heard someone else mention it, and it seems likely.

I can just imagine getting to the top, jumping on the plane, and then it goes to the bottom, and you can still battle your opponent(s) while travelling in the plane for like 10 seconds, then you land back at the bottom and start again..... but we'll just have to wait and see....

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
well the plane theory was due to the fact that the last pic has a plane in it

anyway it probably restarts the level

also in the pic there seems to be a stage or something on top of the beanstalk maybe it goes there

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well, maybe this is overly optomistic of me, but if Sakurai had put something so unexciting as ride down the waterfall, he probably would have said it cycles through.

Hopefully it will stop at the top and there will be something amazing there. Maybe the banana horde is up there? Or maybe if we're really lucky, something like... oh I don't know... a certain chimp will be waiting for us to unlock him...?

Salaad

Smash Ace
I want props for pointing out the plane was in the backround. LOL xD

Yes, I would LOVE Diddy...

I like Smashville, looks like my fav lvl xD

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
^^^^
You're not getting props from me, man. I saw that plane too. Sorry. You're not that cool.

I would love Diddy as well.

I love Smashville too! Looks like my new favorite stage so far. It's basically an interactive Final D with a platform.
And a guitar playing dog on saturdays...

ANYWAYS i think the plane is not the end of the DK stage. But we have to be patient too see

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
^^^That might kinda suck. I like the idea of fighting on the plane. And yeah, you can't go wrong with "an interactive FD with a platform". That has "a guitar-playing dog on Saturdays". But my new favorite stage is BoE or Skyworld, with Smashville as a close runner-up.

And how about Knuckle Joe, eh?

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Man. Checking an update when you're groggy sucks. When I saw Knuckle Joe I almost flipped, cause I was all YAY ANOTHER KIRBY CHAR. Then I got to the bottom where it says assist trophy. :(

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I want them to update with Halberd, because I'd like to see whether or not you can actually board the ship. In the first trailer they did, but that scene was CGI. I'd like to confirm it for playable.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I want them to update with Halberd, because I'd like to see whether or not you can actually board the ship. In the first trailer they did, but that scene was CGI. I'd like to confirm it for playable.
Exactly, same here... that's something I really want to know, cause if you can, that's be so awesome!

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042

Them battling on it was in-game dude. It's like Mute City in the sense you have a main set of platforms moving around.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
There were some parts on that trailer where them fighting was in-game, but once they landed on it I believe it was CGI. I could be wrong though.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Them battling on it was in-game dude. It's like Mute City in the sense you have a main set of platforms moving around.
It seems like that's how it will work, but he means that in the first trailer, when it was shown, the animation was CGI, and was not directly from the game.
He wants to make sure that you can land on the Halberd at play there, for sure.

EDIT: lol, posted at the same time as Thunderslf

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
I too wish the Halberd would be updated, I'm also very interested in the Music, becouse i love the halberd's theme. Can't wait too hear the mix!

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Yeah that stage does look sick, but a lot of them do. Now any want to see the Snake stage, that would be the best, Snake FTW. (had to say it).

OmegaXXII

Yeah that stage does look sick, but a lot of them do. Now any want to see the Snake stage, that would be the best, Snake FTW. (had to say it).
You sir win and I'll re-say it Snake FTW!!!... I really want to see snake's profile already, or at least his stage which come to think of it, it will be in a winter environment which I always liked

Dynamism

Smash Lord
That's exactly what it is, good observation.

I too wish the Halberd would be updated, I'm also very interested in the Music, becouse i love the halberd's theme. Can't wait too hear the mix!
The music is sick!!!! It's like Meta Knight is a Music God or something

FACK SNAKE!!! Bowser's Castle!!!!!!

You sir win and I'll re-say it Snake FTW!!!... I really want to see snake's profile already, or at least his stage which come to think of it, it will be in a winter environment which I always liked
Winter will be sweet but............The Ice Climbers are open to have a new stage now that DK took their crap and made it good. Look for an Ice Berg level or a mountain top. That would be killer!!

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think that it's in Shadow Moses, what is sick, because it's a classic. :)

OmegaXXII

FACK SNAKE!!! Bowser's Castle!!!!!!

Winter will be sweet but............The Ice Climbers are open to have a new stage now that DK took their crap and made it good. Look for an Ice Berg level or a mountain top. That would be killer!!
I'm am also looking forward to seeing Bowser Castle as well, Bowser & Snake FTW! as far as the Ice Climbers are concerned I would hope they had a normal stage, but that's saying if they even make it, which btw i'm having doubts about them!

Yeah, I think that it's in Shadow Moses, what is sick, because it's a classic. :)
yeah i'm liking it because it was from the first game which is a real classic and it's great to see that it will appear in brawl

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I'm am also looking forward to seeing Bowser Castle as well, Bowser & Snake FTW! as far as the Ice Climbers are concerned I would hope they had a normal stage, but that's saying if they even make it, which btw i'm having doubts about them!
Even though I main IC, I also doubt the IC's return, they'll probably be replaced by another duo.
I also can't wait to see if there's a Bowser's Castle stage, that'd be awesome, I wonder why it wasn't done before...

OmegaXXII

maybe because they didn't have enough time to do his, but hopefully this time around bowser will get his own stage

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Even though I main IC, I also doubt the IC's return, they'll probably be replaced by another duo.
I also can't wait to see if there's a Bowser's Castle stage, that'd be awesome, I wonder why it wasn't done before...
I'm too a big Ice Climbers fan, and I don't even think what they are coming back, i'm just hoping.

What was Nintendo thinking:

"I know, lets put Peach's Castle stage, and not Bowser's". Man I don't know why they would do a bad thing like that.

OmegaXXII

I'm too a big Ice Climbers fan, and I don't even think what they are coming back, i'm just hoping.

What was Nintendo thinking:

"I know, lets put Peach's Castle stage, and not Bowser's". Man I don't know why they would do a bad thing like that.
well.Peach's castle was alright,but what they should have done is they shouldn't have put Mushroom Kingdom II which was crap and put his stage instead

Ya.... I'm so sick of Mushroom Kingdom stages... I really hate Mushroom Kingdom I from Melee but the one from 64 and MKII are okay stages.
yea i'm also sick of them, but i'll have to disagree with with Mushroom kingdoom II which was a crappy stage that shouldn't have been there, I would had rather seen a stage from super mario bros.3 instead, I am wondering what classic stage might return I am thinking Brinstar might which was btw one of my favorite stages form Melee

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
well.Peach's castle was alright,but what they should have done is they shouldn't have put Mushroom Kingdom II which was crap and put his stage instead
Mushroom Kingdom II was crap, but they need it, because it's a classic. So they just need to make it a lot better.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
i'll have to disagree with with Mushroom kingdoom II which was a crappy stage that shouldn't have been there, I would had rather seen a stage from super mario bros.3 instead, I am wondering what classic stage might return I am thinking Brinstar might which was btw one of my favorite stages form Melee
I'd also like to see a Super Mario Bros. 3 stage as well... but it probably wouldn't be that different from the other Mushroom Kingdom stages.
I'm not a huge fan of the Metroid series, but even I know that a Smash game is not complete without a Brinstar-like stage.

Mushroom Kingdom II was crap, but they need it, because it's a classic. So they just need to make it a lot better.
Agreed.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
How about a Mario Galaxy Stage
Planets floating all over and you gotta jump on them from one center planet that's always on screne.
BOWSERS CASTLE with a pic of Baloon Fighter and Banjo
I think Galaxy is too recent too be in brawl

Bowser's casle would be cool, but which one?

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I totally agree that Bowser needs his castle. It would solidify his inclusion, and even any other Mario char for that matter.. my only gripe is that I *know* it'going to be loaded with environmentals..

What I'd really like to see is a Wario inspired stage.. something like the castle from Mario Land 2. We need a change from the 'classic', and get something a little more dramatic.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I hope Bowser does get a home stage this time around. It seemed like he was the only standard character that didn't have a home stage in Melee.

I would love a somehow Wario-Ware inspired stage, I like the ideas where it flips every once in a while.

OmegaXXII

Bowser's casle would be cool, but which one?
I was thinking about the one from The New Super Mario Bros. from DS which would be perfect because that game was aa huge success for Nintendo and seeing that it a recently new game I think maybe it will have a chance in brawl, but who knows? maybe it will be another type of stage, as long as Bowser gets his own stage this time around then I'm good

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Bowser's Castle always seems to be the same, what with it being a dark brick place with lots of lava. They could have giant Bowser statues, spitting fire, or those rotating maces, or other traps.

As long as his castle is there, I'll be happy. :D

Top Bottom