• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ok just got done doing a few European tournaments that have been up for a while and also Nice Shot Hugo. I finally got around to cleaning off my desk so I have my laptop set up with my old desktop moniter and lemme tell you, the dual screen makes processing results and recreating brackets SO MUCH EASIER. I should be able to get quite a bit done today and tomorrow as well (off work).

Armada looking beastly currently ranked no. 1 in the world (doubt it will change). Although he's so much higher than everybody else he hardly gets any points anymore. He won 14 matches at Tampora 2 but only gained like 26 points or something. That's what happens when you're the best though I guess.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Aleksi, AtomicTroop, bËst, Cimo, Eebrozgi, Emppu, HippiEetu, Hopo, Jaxi, Jekkukissa, Ltax, MasterTK, Mayhem, Novi, Paju, PeliQ, RTpmwe, Salevits, Saska, Susi, Uber, Udikku, VilNess, Vurkyzo and Zumma at least are all from Finland.
AWESOME thank you!!

In my files, I'll have at least one player from each of the following European countries :
Sick, I'll create those regions as soon as we have data for them. having a bunch of empty regions doesn't appeal to me.

Also, how does the order of upload influences the elo rating ? I've seen some weird graph due to old tournaments (the graph was going backwards lol).
Should I upload my tournaments chronologically ?
ugh. it doesn't really. tournaments get processed as they're uploaded, but i reprocess them from the beginning every day or two at this point, so it should be fine.
The graph issues were already found and I thought they were fixed - if you're still seeing that, please let me know.

This is really amazing.
thank you! ^.^

Tonight I will build a system to allow users to mark what region players are supposed to be in and then I will open up the regions system to everyone. I think you will be pleased.

Edit: Regions are up! Go forth and tell me who lives where so you can live out everyone's favourite fantasy of which state/country is better than which others.

Sometime this weekish I will add support for selecting multiple regions to view by, but for now this is all I got

Nintendude

Smash Hero
We are still in need of a ton of local / regional tournament data. Please contact your local TOs and get as many tio files as you can get!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Armada - 1844
HungryBox - 1727
Kels - 1721
Mango - 1683
Lucky - 1655
Shroomed - 1641
Silent Spectre - 1638
Mew2King - 1618
Dr Peepee - 1615
Wobbles - 1606

Get'em Kels! :awesome:

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
To whomever uploaded Rainbow Dash Dance: It has three events. Pools, Am bracket, Pro bracket. The pools are designated as Brawl though. Is this a mistake? Are they supposed to be Melee?

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Okey just uploaded all PK-seudun Triweekly's regional/local tournaments (I know they are pretty small tournaments, I hope that doesn't matter). I think next I'm going to track down all Pajupora images I can find and make tiofiles out of them. After that I will move to the pre-2010 Finnish tournaments. And I also flagged every Finnish player I could find on the database.

Edit: I noticed Aska has results from Gamer Meetup. I'm pretty sure that it was Askelink (from Norway) who was in Gamer Meetup, not Aske (From France).

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Okey just uploaded all PK-seudun Triweekly's regional/local tournaments (I know they are pretty small tournaments, I hope that doesn't matter). I think next I'm going to track down all Pajupora images I can find and make tiofiles out of them. After that I will move to the pre-2010 Finnish tournaments. And I also flagged every Finnish player I could find on the database.

Edit: I noticed Aska has results from Gamer Meetup. I'm pretty sure that it was Askelink (from Norway) who was in Gamer Meetup, not Aske (From France).
Awesome Paju, thanks for all the help. The smaller tournaments are always welcomed. The flag player system is down for Mods at the moment so I can't go through and change the region for the players at this point in time. I'm about to go through and process all the PK triweekly tournaments now so look forward to seeing them soon.

As far as Aska/Aske/Askelink goes, are they three different people? And did one of them go to Apex 2012 or is that somebody else different entirely?

Paju

Smash Journeyman
As far as Aska/Aske/Askelink goes, are they three different people? And did one of them go to Apex 2012 or is that somebody else different entirely?
I think Aske and Askelink are the same person (from Norway) and Aske is different person (from France), but I'm not sure as I hardly know them. Not sure about the Apex thing either.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ok. In the 5/3/11 triweekly there is a Singles Pools, Singles Bracket, and an event marked as singles melee called Kurasarja. Any idea what that is?

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Ok. In the 5/3/11 triweekly there is a Singles Pools, Singles Bracket, and an event marked as singles melee called Kurasarja. Any idea what that is?
You don't need to care about the kurasarja. It's own bracket for them who didn't make it out of pools / didn't attend singles tournaments ("mudseries" in English). It isn't seeded correctly and we never look at them when making PR or anything like that. Also on the 03.09.2011 triweekly you accidentaly marked Low Tiers as Singles Bracket: http://www.ssbpd.com/tournament/152

Paju

Smash Journeyman
So is kurasarja basically an amateur bracket? If so, that should still be incorporated into the ratings imo.
If it would be seeded correctly then yeah, but usually we just random seed it and many players don't take it seriously as there is no reward for the winner of it.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yes, amateur brackets are rated. The only events that won't be rated are events that restrict character usage, use any type of handicap, or don't use a basic and balanced tournament ruleset. I'll fix the 3/9 event. I thought I saved it after editing but I guess not. Oh I see what I did. I downloaded, edited it, and then forgot to reupload before processing. It's fixed now.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Thank you for processing them so fast! PK-seudun Triweekly 21.01.2012 http://www.ssbpd.com/tournament/160 however has some kind of an error.
Yeah I saw that too. I double checked the file and everything looks fine. FoxLisk will have to check it out.

These tournaments go fast because they're small and you guys do a good job of using the same capitalizations and names. So thank you for that. They are all done now. I watched some vids of yours, nice peach!

EDIT: Drillbit, there is a small chance of that happening but probably not. The thing is, all the people working on this project are Melee players. Ultimately it's up to FoxLisk but I doubt he would want to do it.

Paju

Smash Journeyman
I'll just have to make sure, but is the Elo surely being calculated correctly (so it recognizes players Elo over time and gives Elo based on opponent Elo during the date of the set) as at least Mayhem seems to get oddly much points from "old" tournaments.

These tournaments go fast because they're small and you guys do a good job of using the same capitalizations and names. So thank you for that. They are all done now. I watched some vids of yours, nice peach!
Haha, thanks man! =)

DBSammy

Smash Ace
^
doesnt brawl already have something similar?
IIRC it only uses Unity tournaments and has no match history recorded. It also only rates the top 5% of smashers. Also ATM it uses it's own unique way of ratings and not Elo. Although they said they were going to change to Elo.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
also brawl sucks

working on tagging the crews i've been in by state. KC/Lawrence crew can be kind of sketchy if you don't know them.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I think Aske and Askelink are the same person (from Norway) and Aske is different person (from France), but I'm not sure as I hardly know them. Not sure about the Apex thing either.
Haha you got a little confused there.

Aske = Askelink = Norwegian
Aska = French

Also, Aske/Askelink disappeared from the player list. Aska is still there, but 3 of his sets are Aske's. Did someone rename Aske/Askelink ? In this case, tell me what's the new name, so I can give him Aska's false sets.
Additionnally, there"s an "aske", who attended Apex2012 and is neither the Norwegian player nor the French one.

I also have a problem with CBT+ : when I try to access his profile, I get a 404 error.

Edit: I assigned quite a few players (mostly Europeans) to their region. However, I need the following countries to be added : Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Israel and Norway.
I would also advise to use the UK flag for UK, and not the English one. While technically, it's true that the current British players are all from the UK, it won't always be the case (I'm gonna add a tournament that Scottish players attended, for instance).

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Would you guys want the older tournaments like the MLG tourneys and such?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'll just have to make sure, but is the Elo surely being calculated correctly (so it recognizes players Elo over time and gives Elo based on opponent Elo during the date of the set) as at least Mayhem seems to get oddly much points from "old" tournaments.

Haha, thanks man! =)
The system will initially calculate the Elo's in order of being uploaded, however every night or so FoxLisk goes through and reprocesses all Elo ratings so it does them chronologically. In other words, the Elo's are subject to change when they are first uploaded.

Iffy: ABSOLUTELY. Having all the MLGs in the DB would be amazing.

StrongBad: Thank you lol I always get confused when it comes to those guys

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Okey, just finished uploading Jyväskylän Kylärallit vol 2 (I found only bracket), KKT2 (Only bracket), KellariSmash 3 (Couldn't upload pools as TIO won't take bo4 sets in pools), Oulun Turpaus 3 (1 pool missing as the link to the image is down) and Tampora. Every big national Finnish tournament from 2009-2012 (except Oulun Turpaus 2, as I could only find results but no images from pools/brackets) is now uploaded to the database.

Paju

Smash Journeyman
..best of 4 sets? wtf
Neutroni, the TO of KellariSmash 3, decided to try bo4 sets in pools. You could either get 2-0 or 0-2 results in the same way as in bo3 sets and if the set count was 1-1 after two matches, then additional fourth match was also played so the score could be either 3-1, 2-2, 1-3, 2-0 or 0-2. AJP_anton had some kind of fuction in Excel which calculated the results. I don't remember any more closely how that worked, as it was my first tournament ever.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yeah, I remember being introduced to that system the first time I went to Sweden to play Smash. I never really saw the benefits, although I guess that it's ok for pools matches to allow for ties.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Would you guys want the older tournaments like the MLG tourneys and such?
the old MLG tournaments would be my absolute favourite things to have. those and the Pound series are the ones I care about the most, personally.

@DrillbitSammy:

I dunno. I don't care about Brawl, and I don't have any interest in stepping on anyone's toes since that sort of system already kind of exists. If, after I have everything else in a state where I'm happy with it, and there's demand, I'll consider adding Brawl support. If it happens, it will be a little while.

Ziv's explanation of the Elo processing was correct. I'll go put in an explanation of that in the OP in case anyone reads that.

Handling tournaments that allow ties in pools matches will happen. It's rare enough that it's not a priority but it has been beaten into my head that it happens often enough to support.

I will look into what's wrong with the tournament & player that have errors.

Scar

#HarveyDent
this is so cool. Does ELO calculate over time? so, my current ELO is contingent upon how i am doing now compared to how good other players are now? so everything depends on the closed set of data that's been submitted, going forward over time?

Also, this page is DYING for the bullet points to be an ordered list
http://ssbpd.com/player?sort=rating

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Elo is calculated chronologically. Assuming we have a ton of data from like 2006-2012, beating Mango in say 2007 wouldn't give you nearly as many points as it would now, as his Elo would have been far lower back then than it is now. You gain/lose points based on the point gap between you and your opponent at the time of the win or loss.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
this is so cool. Does ELO calculate over time? so, my current ELO is contingent upon how i am doing now compared to how good other players are now? so everything depends on the closed set of data that's been submitted, going forward over time?

Also, this page is DYING for the bullet points to be an ordered list
http://ssbpd.com/player?sort=rating
i hate ordered lists with an unreasonable passion.

but also thanks! Hopefully it will only get sicker moving forward :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The point is so you know your # ranking without having to count all the way down there lol

Scar

#HarveyDent
wtf why? what good is a ranking without the numbers? i found my rank (41) by copy pasting into excel... really low-tech solution :p

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Okey, just finished uploading Jyväskylän Kylärallit vol 2 (I found only bracket), KKT2 (Only bracket), KellariSmash 3 (Couldn't upload pools as TIO won't take bo4 sets in pools), Oulun Turpaus 3 (1 pool missing as the link to the image is down) and Tampora. Every big national Finnish tournament from 2009-2012 (except Oulun Turpaus 2, as I could only find results but no images from pools/brackets) is now uploaded to the database.
TIO will do best of 4 sets. This means there is a potential of a draw (FoxLisk). On the details screen, change the dropdown box to TOTAL OF instead of BEST OF. Then change match count to 4.

Top Bottom