• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
We need to assemble a team of volunteers. People who will scour through old results, and make them by hand in tio. And then we can start adding youtube links for each match.
I have already been compiling a huge list of bracket images and pools results that must be converted back into tio files to be placed into the database. We will be looking for volunteers since remaking large tournament results is EXTREMELY time consuming. Here's the list I've compiled so far, in case anyone wants to start helping us out:

[collapse="Tournament Results"]
Who's Got Salt 2/5/2011
Event 52
Smashtoberfest II 10/24/2009
Viva la Smashtaclysm 11/10/2007
Super Champ Combo 9/30/2007
Champ Combo: Yayuhzzz Edition 3/25/2006
Champ Combo: NorCal Edition 6/8/2006
MLG 2006
EGL DC 1/20/2007
C3 2/3/2007
C3 September 9/22/2007
ChuDat's Birthday Biweekly 1/19/2008
*Pound* 3 2/3/2008
*Pound* 4 1/18/2010
Super Smash Royale 2 10/21/2006
AZOne 1/6/2007
Double Pandatration 12/2/2006
UCLA Monthlies 2007
UCSD Winter Smash II 1/13/2008
Nice Shot Hugo 3/27/2010
Good **** German 7/25/2010
Smashtality III 6/3/2007
Various Midwest Tourneys 2006-2007
Ken Biweeklies
Sacramento Tournaments
San Diego Triweeklies
INNSomnia V 3/30/2007
Saffron City 8/1/2009
Saffron City #5 4/17/2010
Good **** Stratford 3/19/2011
SMYM 12 3/6/2011
POE 3 6/26/2010

No Johns Series
10/1/2011
3/26/2011
1/15/2011
7/10/2010
6/5/2010
5/8/2010
2/27/2010
12/27/2008
[/collapse]
If anyone makes tio files of these then please email them to me at nintendude1189@gmail.com. Though, I'd contact the TOs first to see if they still have the respective tio file before doing all the work manually.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
BAM! HYAH! TAKE THAT, INTERNATIONALIZATION! I have foiled your dirty deeds for the last time!

The internationalization problems should be more or less solved now. Mods should be able to review all of the uploaded files properly. All you lovely Europeans whose results have been thus far cruelly neglected should see those results popping up soon.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I have already been compiling a huge list of bracket images and pools results that must be converted back into tio files to be placed into the database. We will be looking for volunteers since remaking large tournament results is EXTREMELY time consuming. Here's the list I've compiled so far, in case anyone wants to start helping us out:

[collapse="Tournament Results"]
Who's Got Salt 2/5/2011
Event 52
Smashtoberfest II 10/24/2009
Viva la Smashtaclysm 11/10/2007
Super Champ Combo 9/30/2007
Champ Combo: Yayuhzzz Edition 3/25/2006
Champ Combo: NorCal Edition 6/8/2006
MLG 2006
EGL DC 1/20/2007
C3 2/3/2007
C3 September 9/22/2007
ChuDat's Birthday Biweekly 1/19/2008
*Pound* 3 2/3/2008
*Pound* 4 1/18/2010
NYST 3 6/30/2007
Smashacre 7/7/2007
Super Smash Royale 2 10/21/2006
AZOne 1/6/2007
Double Pandatration 12/2/2006
UCLA Monthlies 2007
UCSD Winter Smash II 1/13/2008
Nice Shot Hugo 3/27/2010
Good **** German 7/25/2010
Smashtality III 6/3/2007
Various Midwest Tourneys 2006-2007
Ken Biweeklies
Sacramento Tournaments
San Diego Triweeklies
INNSomnia V 3/30/2007
Saffron City 8/1/2009
Saffron City #5 4/17/2010
Good **** Stratford 3/19/2011
SMYM 12 3/6/2011
POE 3 6/26/2010

No Johns Series
10/1/2011
3/26/2011
1/15/2011
7/10/2010
6/5/2010
5/8/2010
2/27/2010
12/27/2008
[/collapse]
If anyone makes tio files of these then please email them to me at nintendude1189@gmail.com. Though, I'd contact the TOs first to see if they still have the respective tio file before doing all the work manually.
I already did Champ Combo: Norcal Edition by hand. It was done months ago :)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
It seems like there are (at least) two people named Ice.
One from USA, one from Germany
and there are 3 different "ice" tags:
-ice
ice
ICE

ice lists the american ice aswell as the german ice ( i dont think german ice participated in "Pathways Smash July" with zivilyn bane

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
It seems like there are (at least) two people named Ice.
One from USA, one from Germany
and there are 3 different "ice" tags:
-ice
ice
ICE

ice lists the american ice aswell as the german ice ( i dont think german ice participated in "Pathways Smash July" with zivilyn bane
I can currently rename players but can't yet split up two players with the same tag. That'll be fixed soon but thanks for pointing this out.

EDIT: Also this is very important. Our program will detect which "Events" in the .tio file are Melee Singles by how they are flagged on the Details screen. We will process and rate any singles tournament, even amateur brackets. However we do not want results that are from low tier tournaments, or any other brackets that have oddball rules that restrict character selection or would otherwise potentially affect the outcome or balance of a match. So if you're going to upload .tio files with those as side events, make sure low tier is labelled or titled correctly so I can remove the Melee tag from it.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I can currently rename players but can't yet split up two players with the same tag. That'll be fixed soon but thanks for pointing this out.
You can now! :D

Some of the tournaments that didn't display before, notably OC2, should show up now.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
You can now! :D

Some of the tournaments that didn't display before, notably OC2, should show up now.
Ok just found a glitch while going through flagged players.

The player "Sanchez is not a Mexican" was flagged and noted to have supposed to be "Sanchaz." So instead of renaming him, I wanted to test the "create a player" function. So I made a new player, then assigned the matches from Sanches is Not a Mexican. Then I deleted Sanchez is not a Mexican since he had no games left. Then when I go back to the "Flagged Players" page, it gives an "Internal Server Error" because it's trying to show a flag for a player that doesn't exist in the database. Of course normally I'll just rename the player, but I was checking out some of the new tools.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Ok just found a glitch while going through flagged players.

The player "Sanchez is not a Mexican" was flagged and noted to have supposed to be "Sanchaz." So instead of renaming him, I wanted to test the "create a player" function. So I made a new player, then assigned the matches from Sanches is Not a Mexican. Then I deleted Sanchez is not a Mexican since he had no games left. Then when I go back to the "Flagged Players" page, it gives an "Internal Server Error" because it's trying to show a flag for a player that doesn't exist in the database. Of course normally I'll just rename the player, but I was checking out some of the new tools.
oh cool. I'll fix that up shortly.
edit: fixed

hectohertz

Smash Ace
haha i wasn't criticizing, obviously your still working on a limited dataset so the reliability will only get better as the sample size gets bigger.

and yes shroomed is quite the baller but i don't think he's better than armada/pp/mango/hbox :p

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
If you go to any player's page now and click "Show elo history" you get to see a pretty graph of that player's ELO over time. :D

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Were there pools for it?

Ok still having some issues with these files:
BEAST2
GamerMeetupSTHLM
Kosteusmittari
Tampora2

When downloaded, they all show blank .tio files. There are entrants lists, but no brackets or pools.

Just finished doing all the other European files and I gotta save, I LOVE Europe. Their organizers NEVER typo, their players always use the same tag, everything is completed and easy to process. Why can't our TOs be this easy to go through.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo if there's grunt work that doesn't require programming expertise or anything I'm down to blow a few hours on it.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Were there pools for it?

Ok still having some issues with these files:
BEAST2
GamerMeetupSTHLM
Kosteusmittari
Tampora2

When downloaded, they all show blank .tio files. There are entrants lists, but no brackets or pools.

Just finished doing all the other European files and I gotta save, I LOVE Europe. Their organizers NEVER typo, their players always use the same tag, everything is completed and easy to process. Why can't our TOs be this easy to go through.
Ah, I was being excessively stringent about what I left in when I cleaned the tio files for download. These should be okay now.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
god this is looking so legit.

foxlisk for president
^.^

So I've been thinking about how to do player regions. I think i'm going to define a set of regions and assign players to them, rather than doing it ad-hoc, to make sure things stay neat.

What should the regions be?

Varist

Smash Lord
Haven't posted yet, just been silently checking for updates since the thread started, but I have to do it now. This is ****ing awesome. Looking more and more legitimate.

When the day comes that these players are cataloged by region also, and you can split them into top-10s on that basis TOO, pretty sure collective underwear will need to be changed

Varist

Smash Lord
o, and I think this deserves a double post. Don't let this thing be used for evil.

In a year, I don't want to see people presenting arguments on this board to be met with credibility-destroying links to their win/loss record and ridicule over their personal abilities.

elitist online communities are the most sordid human scum hovels on the planet

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's not like people don't ad hominem out the *** here already

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
o, and I think this deserves a double post. Don't let this thing be used for evil.

In a year, I don't want to see people presenting arguments on this board to be met with credibility-destroying links to their win/loss record and ridicule over their personal abilities.

elitist online communities are the most sordid human scum hovels on the planet
If someone's credibility is based on people not knowing their actual skills, then it's valid to point that out.

I hope that what this is used for is tracking self progress and just general interest in players' histories.

This is far out there, but in my dreams we can also use this to have events split up by rating group, or have invitational tourneys and stuff. i think that would be killer.

it's not like people don't ad hominem out the *** here already
also this.

An update: Regions are under way. I need help from the mods in getting more people tagged, but once that's done I'll release it to everyone and I think it will be very cool.
I also changed the top navigation because I realized it was terrible haha.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
This reminds of that global smasher compendium that started a long time ago but fell through because the creator got way lazy.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
So, i'm wondering, how big should the events that we upload be?
I mean i wont hold back with uploading tournaments that are significant for the german scene, but do you want smaller meetups aswell?

also, i uploaded a tournament a while back, it hasn't been activated yet. Was it lost, or was it just not processed yet (wondering becaus zivilyn bane said he did the european stuff) The tournament file had teams in there aswell, do you prefer to have the tio file without teams/lowtier/randomcrap in it?

also, i'm hoping you'll do more than "europe" for european regions! would be very appreciated (there aren't many major countries anyway, would be nice to see those split.)
suggestions: sweden/norway/finland/denmark (=nordic countries), germany (+/,) austria, france, spain, italy, uk
(shorts= SE, NOR, FIN, DK, GER, AUT, FRA, ES, IT, UK)
switzerland is difficult because there aren't many active smashers and they are split between france, italy and germany (language-wise)

stelzig

Smash Lord
Yeh, Sweden plays relatively often with the other nordic countries so a nordic list would be pretty cool. Though it is relatively rare with tournaments that involve more than 2 nordic countries (I suppose the beauty series would be the best bet for that happening outside the huge tournaments)

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I had some previous issues with about four files from European tournaments but they're good to go now. I'll be processing them this evening.

The system can read if they're Melee Singles as long as they're labelled properly in the details screen (game type has melee in the title and the singles radio button is selected) and that's the first thing I check when I review them. However low tier could be confusing so either make sure it's known that it's low tier because those will not be rated. I apologize for the delay though. I'm getting used to working a new shift and it's exhausting lol.

:phone:

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
So, i'm wondering, how big should the events that we upload be?
I mean i wont hold back with uploading tournaments that are significant for the german scene, but do you want smaller meetups aswell?
Give us what you got!
also, i uploaded a tournament a while back, it hasn't been activated yet. Was it lost, or was it just not processed yet (wondering becaus zivilyn bane said he did the european stuff) The tournament file had teams in there aswell, do you prefer to have the tio file without teams/lowtier/randomcrap in it?
Teams is fine, it will just be ignored. I'd rather the low tier stuff get left out because it's not really a reflection on the players, it's more just for fun, but if you upload it with that left in we'll be able to pick it out for you, so it's not crucial that you remember.
also, i'm hoping you'll do more than "europe" for european regions! would be very appreciated (there aren't many major countries anyway, would be nice to see those split.)
suggestions: sweden/norway/finland/denmark (=nordic countries), germany (+/,) austria, france, spain, italy, uk
(shorts= SE, NOR, FIN, DK, GER, AUT, FRA, ES, IT, UK)
switzerland is difficult because there aren't many active smashers and they are split between france, italy and germany (language-wise)
so far i have sweden, france, italy, germany, netherlands, uk, spain. i dont know if we have any austrian or finnish players but i'll add those if/when we do!

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
the austrian scene is rather active, even international.
some players that are already on the ssbpd are: pasi, norm, kiw1, timi

(so if you want to, add it, if not yet just ignore my post)

Paju

Smash Journeyman
so far i have sweden, france, italy, germany, netherlands, uk, spain. i dont know if we have any austrian or finnish players but i'll add those if/when we do!
Aleksi, AtomicTroop, bËst, Cimo, Eebrozgi, Emppu, HippiEetu, Hopo, Jaxi, Jekkukissa, Ltax, MasterTK, Mayhem, Novi, Paju, PeliQ, RTpmwe, Salevits, Saska, Susi, Uber, Udikku, VilNess, Vurkyzo and Zumma at least are all from Finland.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
In my files, I'll have at least one player from each of the following European countries :
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Denmark
Germany
Austria
Switzerland
Luxembourg (I'm not sure I'll find the file in which they are, though)
Netherlands
Belgium
France
UK
Italy
Spain

And out of Europe : Ecuador.
Iceland may also have a player in some fairly old .tio files.

Also, how does the order of upload influences the elo rating ? I've seen some weird graph due to old tournaments (the graph was going backwards lol).
Should I upload my tournaments chronologically ?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Here's some results from this Saturday (3 march, 2012)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14161110&postcount=8971

Kakarot is Zelgadis

I already mentioned to Prime to post the TIO to the ssbpd but he hasn't said anything. The bracket image is there though, idk if that's enough for you guys to do anything with. :)

Edit: I'll still try to get Prime to post it, though. When I get home later.

Top Bottom