• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerome

Smash Apprentice
IMO i feel that they ignored Ness in Brawl when it came to music and stages. I was really looking forward to seeing a new stage and music from Mother 2 but instead they focused on Lucas entirely with an OKAY stage and decent music. Hopefully in SSB4 Ness gets a stage from his own game and Mother 2 music.

Also, why haven't they made a Bowser's Castle stage? Before, Brawl was out I thought for sure there was gonna be a Bowser's Castle stage in the sequel of Melee.

Oh and about Hammer Bro. being playable, I think that would be awsome. He would be a middle weight with attack power weaker than Ganon, DK, and Ike but stronger than Ness Kirby, C. Falcon, and Lucas. But, I am pretty sure it won't happen because, the are alot of other Mario characters that would get in before him like Rosalina, Waluigi, and even Daisy.

n88

Smash Lord
IMO i feel that they ignored Ness in Brawl when it came to music and stages. I was really looking forward to seeing a new stage and music from Mother 2 but instead they focused on Lucas entirely with an OKAY stage and decent music. Hopefully in SSB4 Ness gets a stage from his own game and Mother 2 music.

Also, why haven't they made a Bowser's Castle stage? Before, Brawl was out I thought for sure there was gonna be a Bowser's Castle stage in the sequel of Melee.

Oh and about Hammer Bro. being playable, I think that would be awsome. He would be a middle weight with attack power weaker than Ganon, DK, and Ike but stronger than Ness Kirby, C. Falcon, and Lucas. But, I am pretty sure it won't happen because, the are alot of other Mario characters that would get in before him like Rosalina, Waluigi, and even Daisy.
And Waluigi, Rosalina and Daisy have Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Toad lined up in front of them. YES,YES,YES to Bowser Castle Stage. Never played Mother. Can't really say much about it.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I want toad in SSB4

I am desperately asking for toad to be a playable character and I will debate on him if anyone denies him

Toad is Peach's B move
in mario kart double dash Peach and daisy's special item was a heart that repels enemy items. Peach can use this instead. it will work the same way toad did in brawl.

Toad is a minor character
toad had major missions. he was a playable character in mario bros 2, and a wario game. Toad has also given people stars in super mario 64, and mario party.toad was also the toad brigade. they aided luigi during super mario galaxy.I don't think all this counts since I don't know what people mean by minor character.

Toad is a generic character
the following characters are no different.

yoshi
R.O.B
pikachu
squirtle
ivysaur
charizard
jigglypuff
lucario
mr. game & watch

I can doubt mr. Game & watch and R.O.B

I also made a complete moveset for him, and a story mode that includes him. I also have a stage for him.if you want to see my moveset, just ask.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, Takumaru had 3 votes on Sakurai's poll...he's actually a rather popular character. In my opinion, he's second to Little Mac in retro characters that could become Smashers.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, Takumaru had 3 votes on Sakurai's poll...he's actually a rather popular character. In my opinion, he's second to Little Mac in retro characters that could become Smashers.
Speaking of retro characters that could become smashers, Sukapon's also on the poll, and he got 2 votes.

It would be fitting if Sukapon got a chance to be playable, since he is the star of Nintendo's very first fighting game.

That said, Takamaru did get notorious enough to get his own appearance in Rainbow Man. He may have a chance.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
We should find a way to force Nintendo to make a fourth smash bros. my idea is:

we make an army of fans to go to nintendo, and ask Sakurai to make another smash bros. if he refuses, we will kill him and take over nintendo and develope SSB$ ourselves!!!!

any other bright ideas?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
We should find a way to force Nintendo to make a fourth smash bros. my idea is:

we make an army of fans to go to nintendo, and ask Sakurai to make another smash bros. if he refuses, we will kill him and take over nintendo and develope SSB$ ourselves!!!!

any other bright ideas?
Here's a fun one: lrn2troll. :chuckle:

But seriously, there's going to be a Smash 4 either way. It makes Nintendo bunches (OF MONEY), which they can't get enough of.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
blowing off ness would be bull crap. I main the boy! he seems to connect more to smash bros now. look at his trophy.
i dont really like lucas i just dont think they blew off ness also ive never played a mother game so am not a fan of ness it may just my opinion but lucas is a ness copy and futher i do not want to start any agrument about this (just MY opinion)

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Actually, Sukapon's chances aren't that great, even though being a fighter himself would allow him to fit easily into the series. But the truth is, Sakurai already shot down Sukapon commenting on his "obscure body structure" and how it probably wouldn't work, then he continued by telling fans not to expect him in the future because it most likely won't happen. I think that is enough to keep Sukapon away from Smash.

Sakurai has also shown interest in Takamaru and his games, and said that if Takamaru was the star of a new game (a sequel or something) and the game was well-received, he may more deeply consider adding Takamaru. But, we haven't seen a sequel to his game and it doesn't seem very likely at the moment.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well, while I don't like being put on the spot, Jumpman is indeed saying the general opinion I have concerning Roy's inclusion. The problem with most people asking for him to return is that the majority don't know the character. They did not play his game, they do not understand what he says, and his moveset was cloned from Marth. Of course there are those who have played his game, but from most things I heard, he was quite unpopular as a FE lord (though I admit Micaiah is as well) Given his lack of real fans, as well as the fact that there have been four games and a remake since FE6, I don't think Sakurai would bother giving him a new moveset. And as far as being thrown back in there still as a clone, they could just make a more recent character a clone. (Or if you want to play on the fact that they are lazy, they could be so lazy as to not add in anyone for it.)

In terms of Micaiah, I think she's got the highest chance right now because she brings something new to the table when it comes to Fire Emblem. She is also very recent and had a main role, which are pluses for her now, though they could eaily change with a new FE. (And as far as being from the same universe as Ike, I don't really think that something like that really matters, given that we have three character from one LoZ universe, and one from another in Brawl)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Actually, Sukapon's chances aren't that great, even though being a fighter himself would allow him to fit easily into the series. But the truth is, Sakurai already shot down Sukapon commenting on his "obscure body structure" and how it probably wouldn't work, then he continued by telling fans not to expect him in the future because it most likely won't happen. I think that is enough to keep Sukapon away from Smash.

Sakurai has also shown interest in Takamaru and his games, and said that if Takamaru was the star of a new game (a sequel or something) and the game was well-received, he may more deeply consider adding Takamaru. But, we haven't seen a sequel to his game and it doesn't seem very likely at the moment.
I believe Sukapon is unlikely for just the reason you stated, however cool it would be to play as him.

Now, I don't have the link to the Brawl poll, but we know Sakurai looks at polls taken from the previous game when it comes to characters (that's where we got Dedede and Wario from). Takumaru got three votes on that poll, which is the same amount of votes received by Olimar, Toon Link, and Krystal. The only characters with more votes that didn't appear were Ridley and Geno. Now, based on his recent successful revival, I believe Little Mac would be more likely to appear as a retro rep than Takumaru. However, as we got both Pit and R.O.B. in Brawl, I wouldn't see it as a stretch at all for Takumaru to appear. He could have a more Japanese katana playstyle than the European sword-user style used by Link and the Fire Emblem characters.

EDIT: While Micaiah is definitely the most likely character from FE I see now, we're bound to see quite a few new FE games between now and 2012 - 2015. There will most likely be a new lord in there that fans will clamor for.

I'm unsure that we'd have two characters from Ike's game. Zelda is kind of a different story; while the characters are technically different people in each of the series' games, the idea of the characters themselves remain in pretty much all the Zelda games together. As such, they can't be compared to Ike and Micaiah, who are in one game together; this would hurt her chances if anything. It could be argued that Sakurai is looking for more variety from the whole series, although Micaiah would still be different as a magic-user. It's hard to tell whether Sakurai would or wouldn't exclude her based on her being in Ike's game, or by not being a swordsman.

SECOND EDIT: It is a given that we will get a load of new content from the games released right before Brawl (that couldn't get in due to time constraints) and the new games released before Smash 4. While there will surely be stages, assist trophies, and maybe even a character from new games, whether or not the game is the best game ever will be determined by how the game caters to all of its audiences. The two most important things about the game that determine how it will sell and keep on selling are enjoyable content (that people care about, such as characters that people want, not masterpieces and chronicles) and balance (which can play a big part in how much the game will sell years after its release, and how much people will want to keep on playing it).

Tacel

Smash Lord
if he refuses, we will kill him and take over nintendo and develope SSB$ ourselves!!!!
Oh yes, because that will definitely help.

No. I think that after Mario Galaxy, Spirit Tracks, maybe a Kirby game, The Other M, and the possible Kid Icarus game comes out, Nintendo will have enough ideas to make a mind blowing Smash game. Will it be on the new console? Who knows? But trust me: If we are patient, it will come. Instead of waiting for Smash 4, look forward to the games I mention above. It's okay to think of ideas for a new Smash, but don't get your hopes up.

New ideas will come to Nintendo. Just wait, and after the new Nintendo games come out, in a few years, we might just be playing the best game ever (and yes, I am referring to Smash 4).

Nnoilalala

Smash Cadet
In terms of Micaiah, anyone else would be better.

Or just don't add any more Fire Emblem characters.

Anyway, she might be a lord in the latest, but Ike sorta way outshined her, so use if it has to be a lord, at least use a cool one =/

Jerome

Smash Apprentice
People were pissed when Mewtwo got replaced by Lucario (Or was it Pokemon Trainer) when brawl was released so I must ask....how do you think people would feel if they broght back Mewtwo but got rid of Lucario when SSB4 comes out? I would be so happy if that happened. :)

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I believe Sukapon is unlikely for just the reason you stated, however cool it would be to play as him.

Now, I don't have the link to the Brawl poll, but we know Sakurai looks at polls taken from the previous game when it comes to characters (that's where we got Dedede and Wario from). Takumaru got three votes on that poll, which is the same amount of votes received by Olimar, Toon Link, and Krystal. The only characters with more votes that didn't appear were Ridley and Geno. Now, based on his recent successful revival, I believe Little Mac would be more likely to appear as a retro rep than Takumaru. However, as we got both Pit and R.O.B. in Brawl, I wouldn't see it as a stretch at all for Takumaru to appear. He could have a more Japanese katana playstyle than the European sword-user style used by Link and the Fire Emblem characters.
I don't think Takamaru is a stretch either, all I'm saying is that right now he doesn't have the greatest chances, according to what Sakurai said. IF Takamaru gets a new game, he could very well be playable, but I don't see that happening in the future, expecting one to pop up is just wishful thinking, not that that' sbad, but it really doesn't help a character's chances.

And can you post me a link to the official Brawl polls? As far as I've known, the real Brawl polls were never actually released to the public, just very small bits on the official site, but those were extremely small, to small to speculate much from them. But if you know where the official polls are, I'd be interested in seeing them.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, because that will definitely help.

No. I think that after Mario Galaxy, Spirit Tracks, maybe a Kirby game, The Other M, and the possible Kid Icarus game comes out, Nintendo will have enough ideas to make a mind blowing Smash game. Will it be on the new console? Who knows? But trust me: If we are patient, it will come. Instead of waiting for Smash 4, look forward to the games I mention above. It's okay to think of ideas for a new Smash, but don't get your hopes up.

New ideas will come to Nintendo. Just wait, and after the new Nintendo games come out, in a few years, we might just be playing the best game ever (and yes, I am referring to Smash 4).
if that doesn't work, can we still kill sakurai?

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
People were pissed when Mewtwo got replaced by Lucario (Or was it Pokemon Trainer) when brawl was released so I must ask....how do you think people would feel if they broght back Mewtwo but got rid of Lucario when SSB4 comes out? I would be so happy if that happened. :)
This subject has been discussed many times. I'm sure we all would like to see the return of Mewtwo, many people were astonished at his removal in the first place. But the truth is, the possibility of that happening is very low, considering all the other directions Pokemon could go by the time of SSB4.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
:laugh::lol:

Um, no. :ouch:

As good things come to those who wait, I heartily approve this post! :bigthumbu

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
In terms of Micaiah, anyone else would be better.

Or just don't add any more Fire Emblem characters.

Anyway, she might be a lord in the latest, but Ike sorta way outshined her, so use if it has to be a lord, at least use a cool one =/
Besides Ike will mostly Likely reappear in his Radiant Dawn look so that makes Michaiah's chances even lower.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
i would i dont consider lucario as a physic pokemon so it would be great to have mewtwo back id also like to raise up darkria

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Pichu was supporting jhoto. wasn't he? if so, I don't know nintendo's reason for giving pichu the boot. AND PICHU IS TOO SMALL FOR A BOOT!!!!! seriously, I liked pichu. I just wished he wasn't cut. pichu's side B could change to thunder punch. his final smash would be something creative.

name: Magnet surge
drags people, and items like kirby. after dragging, pichu will burst electric which hurts everyone. but causes insane damage and knockback to anyone touching pichu. sounds overpowered?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In a sense, he's in a similar boat as Ridley: Neither of them have actually been attempted. I doubt that it would be hard to work with his body structure. I mean, look at Rayman.

Tacel

Smash Lord
People were pissed when Mewtwo got replaced by Lucario (Or was it Pokemon Trainer) when brawl was released so I must ask....how do you think people would feel if they broght back Mewtwo but got rid of Lucario when SSB4 comes out?
I will change my username and I would main Wolf and Luigi.
I dislike the "Lucario replaced Mewtwo, grrrrrrr" discussions as much as I dislike the Ridley's size discussion.
It's just depressing to me.
I would be so happy if that happened. :)
I'm depressed.

Jerome

Smash Apprentice
I hope SSB4 will be called Super Smash Brothers Rumble! That seems pretty cool.

You no what they should change, for SSB4? they should change the way you can get certain prizes!
How about a Smash Store? You can buy trophys, music, alt. costumes for characters...

This is from left field but since SSB4 will probably be released on the Wii 2, I would like to see the Wii 2 have a 6 player option. 4 player is getting a bit old...

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman

You no what they should change, for SSB4? they should change the way you can get certain prizes!
How about a Smash Store? You can buy trophys, music, alt. costumes for characters...

This is from left field but since SSB4 will probably be released on the Wii 2, I would like to see the Wii 2 have a 6 player option. 4 player is getting a bit old...
ssbr is a good name smash store is good two

Tacel

Smash Lord
Rumble would be cool, along with maybe Knock Out. *cough* *cough* Knock Out's not as good *cough*

I love that idea! It would almost be like the Coin Launcher but less of a minigame. To go along with that Idea, I think there should be more costumes for characters.

Six player option would be unique, but it might cause lag, but I don't know much about that kind of stuff.
Personally prefer the air a four player limit for all Nintendo games.
Also, I have trouble playing when there are four players on the screen. Six would be too distracting for me... but that's just me.

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman

This gave me an idea.
Tom Nook's store.
During adventure mode, he'll sell new equipment (stickers, music, etc) every time you keep buying stuff to make his store grow. As his store grows, so do the stickers/trophies and the effectiveness of the stickers/items.
The only example i can relate it too is DISGAEA.
Same item rank system.

You can either buy that awesome moé swimsuit for samus, or that flame boosting sticker to finish the boss fight.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Tom Nook's store.
During adventure mode, he'll sell new equipment (stickers, music, etc) every time you keep buying stuff to make his store grow. As his store grows, so do the stickers/trophies and the effectiveness of the stickers/items.
That is an awesome idea, even though that would mean that he couldn't be a character
not that he had a huge chance

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well, while I don't like being put on the spot, Jumpman is indeed saying the general opinion I have concerning Roy's inclusion. The problem with most people asking for him to return is that the majority don't know the character. They did not play his game, they do not understand what he says, and his moveset was cloned from Marth. Of course there are those who have played his game, but from most things I heard, he was quite unpopular as a FE lord (though I admit Micaiah is as well) Given his lack of real fans, as well as the fact that there have been four games and a remake since FE6, I don't think Sakurai would bother giving him a new moveset. And as far as being thrown back in there still as a clone, they could just make a more recent character a clone. (Or if you want to play on the fact that they are lazy, they could be so lazy as to not add in anyone for it.)
People play characters because they are fun, not because of their backstory. People liked Roy because how he played. The same is true of Ike. I bet most people who play Ike don't know who he is, but they'd be sore if he left. Sakurai knew people liked Roy and tried to add him back. I wouldn't doubt that him (and Mewtwo) make a return next time.

In terms of Micaiah, I think she's got the highest chance right now because she brings something new to the table when it comes to Fire Emblem. She is also very recent and had a main role, which are pluses for her now, though they could eaily change with a new FE. (And as far as being from the same universeas Ike, I don't really think that something like that really matters, given that we have three character from one LoZ universe, and one from another in Brawl)
You should know by now that "new to the table" isn't what adds characters. Just because it's new doesn't mean people will find it fun.

PeachRose

Smash Cadet
This gave me an idea.
Tom Nook's store.
Very nice idea!
I really like the idea of selling different costumes for the characters. Im all up for that!
;)

Tacel

Smash Lord
Some real expensive costumes should also change stats.
An expensive costume could make one character heavy but also make the wearer more powerful.

PeachRose

Smash Cadet
Some real expensive costumes could also change stats.
One costume could make one character heavy and another that costs more could make the wearer more powerful.
Sounds okay, but if that happened, it would be only allowed in offline playing.
Doesn't sound so good with wifi, or in tournies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom