• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Well SSB4. I think the roster should be 48 playable characters. However in addiction. Two Characters should be DLC and that would be Mewtwo and Megaman. If anyone agrees.

25 playable at the start

23 must be unlocked

and 2 downloadable Characters

You think that would make it fair.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wel SSB4. I think the roster should be 48 playable characters. However in addiction. Two Characters should be DLC and that would be Mewtwo and Megaman. If anyone agrees.
I do not agree that Mewtwo and Megaman should be an addiction.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
While I think Megaman should be an addition, you should never have DLC characters. This is just broken game designing and unfair to those who don't have access to the internet.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Well in case. This is my idea for the roster of playable characters in SSB4.

Starting Characters:

Mario
Yoshi
Peach
Bowser
Wario
Mona
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Fox McCloud
Krystal
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Ike
Pit
Olimar
Isaac
Lip

Unlockable Characters:

Jigglypuff
Marth
Luigi
Dixie Kong
Ness
Sonic
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Falco Lombardi
Waluigi
Captain Falcon
Toon Link
Black Shadow
Lyndis
King K. Rool
Wolf O'Donnell
Ganondorf
Meowth
Paper Mario
Snake
R.O.B.
Lucario
Mr. Game & Watch

Downloadable Characters:

Mewtwo
Megaman

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they should be an addition?

But third-party characters are like selling points for Brawl. I can't see them being downloadable, and I think Mega Man isn't as likely as people think.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Maybe they should be an addition?

But third-party characters are like selling points for Brawl. I can't see them being downloadable, and I think Mega Man isn't as likely as people think.
Well seeing that there are so many Megaman fans out there wanting him so much. He might.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
if Mewtwo does return. He might end up being a Alternate Costume change for Lucario. I think. Not sure.

Same with Wolf as a costume for Fox.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
Well seeing that there are so many Megaman fans out there wanting him so much. He might.
I think the reason it's not so likely is because it depends on too many variables.

First, the fans have to make a big enough impact (which they didn't for Brawl).

Then, Nintendo has to decide to ask Capcom.

And then Capcom has to agree (although if it gets this far, I don't think they'd say no).

I'm not bashing Mega Man - I'm just saying that no third-party character could be called "most likely" like some people are doing.

VirTu3

Smash Rookie
Hope they put knuckles in it or something :D
Make something better than the Smash ball.
This is the first topic i checked out. This had me thinking, it would be cool if you had a bar that fills if you land more than a 2 move combo. The larger the combo the bigger the chunk added to the bar, once the bar is full you can then unleash a final smash. But there's ways you can stop it like when you attack a person you not only add to their percentage but you take away from their "Final Smash Bar" the bigger your combo the more you take away from their bar and add to yours. I think its an interesting concept in a game like Smash, or smash 4.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Well, another topic I'd like to talk about. The cutting of Lucario.

Sure, a 5th gen rep will be added more likely then not, and the 1st gen reps in Brawl will stay. But why should Pokemon stay how it is in SSB4 with no more characters then it had in Brawl? Lucario more likely then not will stay, with the possibility that Mewtwo comes back over him. Who knows, we could also get six Pokemon slots for both Mewtwo and Lucario for all we know.

We won't get a second Pokemon Trainer, and if anything happens it'll be replacing the current PT. The only way I see a new PT coming and replacing the old one is if there's no real poster boy to advertise for the 5th gen, so they just use the starters.

johe

Smash Apprentice
This is the first topic i checked out. This had me thinking, it would be cool if you had a bar that fills if you land more than a 2 move combo. The larger the combo the bigger the chunk added to the bar, once the bar is full you can then unleash a final smash. But there's ways you can stop it like when you attack a person you not only add to their percentage but you take away from their "Final Smash Bar" the bigger your combo the more you take away from their bar and add to yours. I think its an interesting concept in a game like Smash, or smash 4.
I like this idea, because it is a non-random way for them to introduce final smashes into play, and also because of COMBOS

The problem for this is that they would then have to make sure that the Final Smashes were balanced, and I don't see them doing that >.>

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
maybe there should be like in the middle of the bar there will be weak FS the full bar will be the true FS (if the bar is full and you want to use the weaker FS you press taunt then press the FSbutton)that way there can be multiple uses

kid x

Smash Apprentice
Here's something people don't suggest for SSB4 often enough--

Stages:

Super Mario
• Rosalina’s Observatory
• Bowser's Castle
• New Mushroom Kingdom
• New Super Mario Series Stage
• Mario Party stage
• Rainbow Road

Donkey Kong
• DK Island
• Gangplank Galleon

Pokémon
• Pokémon Colosseum
• Pokétopia
• 5th Generation’s Region’s Location
This. I agree with all of these stages.

Speaking of random characters, why aren't Sheik and Zero Suit Samus selectable as random characters?
You can.;) I can say that I remember getting ZSS as random before, as for Sheik though, she doesn't pop into my memory, but I'm pretty sure you can.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yea, Smash need's to look a little less like a sausage fest. But you have to know, they're not a lot of females in Nintendo that plays a big role in big games. I have no idea why the creater of Kirby was thinking when he notice a lack of females and put a character that's already in the game.
He did try. Dixie was removed when the team thing failed, and Toon Zelda/Sheik was going to be a character. Ivysaur is also female.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Viper JLT4GOV said:
I'll say Float's Island is much more desrving than that stage. Float's Island has been in more than three Kirby games and has one of the best Kirby themes ever thought of. A Kirby Air Ride stage would be more exceptable.

Doesn't mean I want it more. :/ I still like the idea of Halfmoon being a stage, even though it more than likely won't be one. The Fountain of Dreams should come back, though.

DQP

Smash Ace
New Stages in SSB4:
Comet Observatory (from Mario Galaxy)
Bowser's Castle
Ganon's Castle
Bengion Tower (Fire Enblem)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
He did try. Dixie was removed when the team thing failed, and Toon Zelda/Sheik was going to be a character. Ivysaur is also female.
Ivysaur in Japanese didn't sound right to me, so I'm glad they made him a male hear. I guess since Diddy Kong fought on his own in Donkey Kong 64 I guess they made him his own chracter. I know nothing of Toon Zelda/Sheik because I never got into Wind Waker.

Doesn't mean I want it more. :/ I still like the idea of Halfmoon being a stage, even though it more than likely won't be one. The Fountain of Dreams should come back, though.
Sorry, I'm a overrated Kirby fan and thought this wouldn't be the right stage for the Kirby sieries, I tend to get out of hand sometimes. =P

But all and all, this stage don't even has it's own them which made me kind of wonder why you would want it.

Lovely

Smash Lord
lol, wow Viper, do you talk a lot when it come's to Wario, Kirby, Panel De Pon. XD

You know those games too much.

VirTu3

Smash Rookie
I like this idea, because it is a non-random way for them to introduce final smashes into play, and also because of COMBOS

The problem for this is that they would then have to make sure that the Final Smashes were balanced, and I don't see them doing that >.>[/QUOTE/]

aren't final smashes like "one-hitter-quitters" (1 hit ko) why balance them if their ment to be teh most "overpowering" thing in the game. Maybe i'm not understanding what what ya saying....:confused: maybe you mean by watering down the combo feinds Final Smashes and giving better Final smashes to the "I-can-only-do-2-hit-combo's" type of people?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I like the Smash meter, but the question regarding Final Smashes is indeed difficult. What if the meter was for a character's personal Assist Trophy?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
The Final Smashes aren't balanced. Some have Final Smashes that only target one opponent (so multi-KOs in Free-For-Alls is null & void) like Link, while others have Final Smashes that can hit almost everyone in these multiplayer matches...so in these matches, I'd rather have Samus's FS over Link's.

Some are easy to avoid (Lucario) or underpowered (Mario), or hard to connect with (Captain Falcon), or flat-out useless (Zero Suit Samus) while others are very easy to use or abuse (Luigi, Samus, Zelda/Sheik, Sonic).

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I think the idea of a Combo Meter (they could call it a Smash Bar or Meter or whatever) that rises when you combo and lets you use your Final Smash would be perfect. Whenever you pull 3 moves of in succession without letting the target hit the ground it starts to rise, more and more with each successive move. If you get comboe dback, you lose Energy instead. And just so 2 Final Smashes couldn't activate at once, once a single Smash Guage was full, the others could get ALMOST full but never truly fill until the filled player used his attack. The only flaw here is that people would spam Jab combos, moves like Fox's D-air and F-air, and falco lasers.

Anotehr cool addition would be ammunition. This could cut down on spam greatly, withe each character having a certain number of lasers/arrows/bombs, etc. they could use before running out. This would reset after they got killed.

Finally, I think that Final Smashes should be more balanced if and when they return. I dont just mean Sonic/Fox, Falco, Wolf... I mean characters like Lucario, Pit, etc. deserve better.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
no moar tripping sakurai!!!

a Golden Sun character would be awesome
Megaman for sure.
another DK character! Lanky ftw!
Banjo and Kazooie should be in it too.
Conker as well :chuckle:
Make Pokemon Trainer use Charmander, Ivysaur and Blastoise

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Anotehr cool addition would be ammunition. This could cut down on spam greatly, withe each character having a certain number of lasers/arrows/bombs, etc. they could use before running out. This would reset after they got killed.
That's a good idea. However, instead of only reseting after dying, you should get one (five for Fox) unit of ammo for each time you hit somebody without using a projectile. Multihit attacks would count as one hit for ammo. Ammunition should be an option that you can toggle on and off.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
smash meter should be toggleable and fs should be more balanced. My falco's fs is teh pwnage which is one of many reasons i turn off smash balls in brawl. Ammunition would be teh lame. I understand spamming it can be annoying but on fd bf and other fair stages it's really not that bad.
I think nino is a good candidate for ssb4 because...
1) She's a girl and there seems to be a demand for them
2) She could have a great distance game added close up spell like attacks
3) She's a fighter from a popular nintendo game
if you want info on Nino......
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Nino

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's an Assist Trophy idea that I thought up.

Silver the Hedgehog

When Silver gets released from an Assist Trophy, he'll use his psychic powers to hurl objects at players. The damage that the objects will inflict varies depending on how big they are.

Remember, Silver is an Assist Trophy, NOT a playable character.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
smash meter should be toggleable and fs should be more balanced. My falco's fs is teh pwnage which is one of many reasons i turn off smash balls in brawl. Ammunition would be teh lame. I understand spamming it can be annoying but on fd bf and other fair stages it's really not that bad.
Her children are far better than her.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
all i want is no more snake, his sneaky bull**** style of play ruins the game for me. its smash bros not super sneak bros. I miss when this game was mostly cartoon type characters, now we've got a bunch of ***s from fire emblem clogging it up as well as snake. Back to your cartoon roots ssb, cause if theres anymore real looking characters in the next one, I'm DONE with the series.

espio87

Smash Ace
Her children are far better than her.
and there are more popular Mages than Nino. One example is Soren.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
all i want is no more snake, his sneaky bull**** style of play ruins the game for me. its smash bros not super sneak bros. I miss when this game was mostly cartoon type characters, now we've got a bunch of ***s from fire emblem clogging it up as well as snake. Back to your cartoon roots ssb, cause if theres anymore real looking characters in the next one, I'm DONE with the series.
I don't think FE characters are "realistic" looking like Snake. They are more anime-ish looking characters. So I wouldn't count them as realistic looking, but still somewhat cartoony. I am fine with realistic characters like Snake and think SSB4 could use a few more of them like 3 or 4 more (like Master Chief or some guy from Capcom who isn't Megaman) as long as it is balanced out by a multitude of more cartoony ones (DeMille from Tomato Adventure anyone?).

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace

Megaman for sure.
Conker as well
:chuckle:
Agreed but won't happen due to Microsoft taking them in 2002.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Microsoft killed Conker for me, and after playing Banjo and Kazooie, I think they are killing that to. The main reasons why Rare should had stayed Nintnedo, bad mouthing a system I own. O_o

Veggieburger_802

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7958-8584-9570
Things I hope for in SSB 4:

1.) No tripping
2.) Harder CPUs
3.) More versatile stage editing/creating
4.) Gamecube controller compatability
5.) More social networking options, i.e. WiFi messaging
6.) I want Young Link back!!

UncleSam

Smash Master
Things I hope for in SSB 4:

1.) No tripping
2.) Harder CPUs
3.) More versatile stage editing/creating
4.) Gamecube controller compatability
5.) More social networking options, i.e. WiFi messaging
6.) I want Young Link back!!
1.) try out Brawl+
2.) they should add a 10th level it being the ultimate difficulty for each character
3.) of course
4.) what do you mean? you can use a GC controller in Brawl
5.) they should incorperate Wii Speak into online play
6.) who doesn't!

kid x

Smash Apprentice

Megaman for sure.
Conker as well :chuckle:
I agree with another DK character, but prefer King K. Rool. I also agree with Banjo and Kazooie, but can't really see it happen because of where Rare is today, even though if Rare and Microsoft agreed, it'd be really easy to come up with a moveset for Banjo and Kazooie.

I agree with the cartoon type characters also, but I'm ok with the FE people. Then again I also liked the look of the first Smash and Melee compared to Brawl, but maybe I just prefer retro graphics, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom