• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
That must be the reason why Nintendo didn't want the Wii to have graphics like the PS3.
It probably IS.

Anyway, Sylux and Rundas are one-time hunters. Sylux only stands a chance of getting in if it shows up in a game before production.

Dark Samus is pretty close, and Sylux is POTENTIALLY close, but...yeh. Most likely Ridley.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Besides, if the first generation is the most popular and recognizable, why shouldn't it have the most Pokemon slots?
That isn't fair to the other Pokémon. We aren't talking about a series with 5 or 10 major characters. This sin't Kirby or Metroid. We're talking about a series with close to 500 species, and a series that continues to evolve and give us newer faces. Sakurai's mindset on only using the original 151 Pokémon when we have so many to work with is annoying,. Thankfully, THANKFULLY, the Pokémon Company is all about marketing. It would be horrible marketing to not include a current generation Pokémon as a major rep for Pokémon in Brawl, and whether Sakurai wanted it or not, Lucario was included. It's just a **** shame that after three SSB games, Pichu and Lucario are the only non-1st Gen Pokémon to be playable characters.

Just imagine this hypothetical scenario and tell me what you honestly think: when SSB4 comes out, and we've entered the 5th Generation, we'll have close to 650 Pokémon, with at least 150 new ones...SSB4 has (lets say) six separate Pokémon reps...and only one of them is current and new. The other 5 are all from the 1st generation. Still.

I love me some Charizard, Machamp, Rhydon, Pidgeot, Alakazam, etc. as much as the next guy. I started with pkmn from the 1st gen, but can we please move on from there?

I'd be happy if SSB4's pkmn roster was:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff (sigh...)
Mewtwo
Lucario
5th Generation Pokémon used to market the series (like Lucario was used for the 4th Generation)
Another 5th Generation Pokémon.

Here's my explainations...

Pikachu stays. Period.
Jigglypuff, we're stuck with, sadly.
Mewtwo...would be nice if it returned
Lucario...I honestly see Lucario still being relevant. Dare I say, Nintendo and the Pokémon Company may still force this Pokémon on us, even into the next generation. Or maybe I'm biased.
The requisite 5th Generation mascot
A...second 5th Generation Pokémon? WHY?! Because like I said earlier, we get over 100 new Pokémon with each generation, and while the 1st Gen pkmn just keep getting representation, we only get one measly new gen rep. Let's break that pattern and give us no more than 2 new gen reps.

This way, the 1st Gen pkmn still have abundance over all the other reps. If Sakurai lowers the numbers on Pokémon in general, I'd like to see

Pikachu
Jigglypuff (errg!)
Mewtwo/Pokémon Trainer
Lucario
5th Gen Rep

Why is that bad? I'm sure Jigglypuff is still more popular and recognizable than Mewtwo or Lucario, and it's more unique than most other Smash characters.
Jigglypuff outlived its popularity. If it stays, Lucario should, too. And saying Jiggs is more unique than the other Smash characters? The same can be said about Mewtwo and Lucario. Hell, every Smash character brings something unique to this series.

Now, someone is going to point out the whole "Jigglypuff is a veteran, so it > Lucario..."

I truly hope Sakurai has enough sense to see that there's no need to drop Lucario from the game, and if Luke gets dropped, Jiggs better, too.

I am a little biased, so take this and any post regarding my stance on Lucario anyway you choose.

majora_787

Smash Hero
That isn't fair to the other Pokémon. We aren't talking about a series with 5 or 10 major characters. This sin't Kirby or Metroid. We're talking about a series with close to 500 species, and a series that continues to evolve and give us newer faces. Sakurai's mindset on only using the original 151 Pokémon when we have so many to work with is annoying,. Thankfully, THANKFULLY, the Pokémon Company is all about marketing. It would be horrible marketing to not include a current generation Pokémon as a major rep for Pokémon in Brawl, and whether Sakurai wanted it or not, Lucario was included. It's just a **** shame that after three SSB games, Pichu and Lucario are the only non-1st Gen Pokémon to be playable characters.

Just imagine this hypothetical scenario and tell me what you honestly think: when SSB4 comes out, and we've entered the 5th Generation, we'll have close to 650 Pokémon, with at least 150 new ones...SSB4 has (lets say) six separate Pokémon reps...and only one of them is current and new. The other 5 are all from the 1st generation. Still.

I love me some Charizard, Machamp, Rhydon, Pidgeot, Alakazam, etc. as much as the next guy. I started with pkmn from the 1st gen, but can we please move on from there?

I'd be happy if SSB4's pkmn roster was:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff (sigh...)
Mewtwo
Lucario
5th Generation Pokémon used to market the series (like Lucario was used for the 4th Generation)
Another 5th Generation Pokémon.

Here's my explainations...

Pikachu stays. Period.
Jigglypuff, we're stuck with, sadly.
Mewtwo...would be nice if it returned
Lucario...I honestly see Lucario still being relevant. Dare I say, Nintendo and the Pokémon Company may still force this Pokémon on us, even into the next generation. Or maybe I'm biased.
The requisite 5th Generation mascot
A...second 5th Generation Pokémon? WHY?! Because like I said earlier, we get over 100 new Pokémon with each generation, and while the 1st Gen pkmn just keep getting representation, we only get one measly new gen rep. Let's break that pattern and give us no more than 2 new gen reps.

This way, the 1st Gen pkmn still have abundance over all the other reps. If Sakurai lowers the numbers on Pokémon in general, I'd like to see

Pikachu
Jigglypuff (errg!)
Mewtwo/Pokémon Trainer
Lucario
5th Gen Rep

Jigglypuff outlived its popularity. If it stays, Lucario should, too. And saying Jiggs is more unique than the other Smash characters? The same can be said about Mewtwo and Lucario. Hell, every Smash character brings something unique to this series.

Now, someone is going to point out the whole "Jigglypuff is a veteran, so it > Lucario..."

I truly hope Sakurai has enough sense to see that there's no need to drop Lucario from the game, and if Luke gets dropped, Jiggs better, too.

I am a little biased, so take this and any post regarding my stance on Lucario anyway you choose.
I wish they would just drop Jiggs and replace it already. I don't care if they give its moveset to an evolution, but we need an alternative to the same bland 1stgen thing we always see.

But yeah, Pikachu is like the pokemon MASCOT. I never got why that is, but it is. So he/she/it would never be removed....hopefully.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
People who want PT and Jigglypuff removed/changed are just odd. One, Red is the most important Pokemon Trainer. He's appeared in every generation (except for the 4th...yet). His Pokemon + Pikachu are the only game mascots that AREN'T legendaries, and they originated in the first game of the series. Oh, and PT is also the first non-unlockable Pokemon character in the Smash series, and he was even included on the main box art. I don't see PT ever going away or being changed for other starters that aren't as memorable.

As for Jigglypuff's removal, hell no. She was in the first, and to this day she's the number 1 joke character. Jigglypuff should be there just so one can feel shame for losing to such a flawed character, as always. Using her would give me more of a joy than using the latest telepathic "badass" Pokemon.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
That isn't fair to the other Pokémon.
I'm not saying other generations shouldn't get representation. I'm just saying that the most popular and recognizable generation deserves the most characters.

Jigglypuff outlived its popularity.
It really hasn't.

You definitely come across as pretty biased, since Jigglypuff has more reason to stay than Lucario unless they decide they have to have a large amount of Pokemon from newer generations.

I don't see Jigglypuff, Lucario, or the Pokemon Trainer being dropped.

I do see your constant "urgh"s after Jigglypuff's name as pretty funny, though.

Also, you say that fifth-gen should get characters - but what if it doesn't produce any Pokemon fitting of Smash? It basically happened to the third generation, and remember that for a large period of time in Melee's development, the second generation wasn't even going to get a character despite being the current one.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Yay, justaway12 for best avatar of 2009. :D

About Jigglypuff, I don't like how people want to disband the orignal 12. I mean she's not a clone, and she's a funny Pokemon, why get rid of her?

Scott!

Smash Lord
All the Jigglypuff hate is making me sad. She's one of the first 12. She's not a clone. She may not be that good in Brawl, but she held her own in the other games even though she was considered a bit of a joke, especially by the inexperienced. Her moveset is pretty unusual too, with Sing and Rest. There is nothing to offend about her. While I agree that the infatuation with the 1st gen Pokemon is a bit much, and that the more recent ones need to be represented as well, I oppose any removal of Jigglypuff. Of course, In terms of priorities in which Pokemon are in or not, after the inevitable Pikachu, I care most about Jigglypuff, then Lucarion, then Mewtwo. Blasphemy? Perhaps, but it's just my opinion.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Also, you say that fifth-gen should get characters - but what if it doesn't produce any Pokemon fitting of Smash? It basically happened to the third generation, and remember that for a large period of time in Melee's development, the second generation wasn't even going to get a character despite being the current one.
If you're referring to the fact that no 3rd Gen Pokémon was represented, I always assumed (I said ASSUMED) that that was because

1) We didn't get a SSB game during the 3rd Gen of pkmn (SSB64 during the 1st Gen, SSBM during the 2nd Gen, 7 year gap during the 3rd Gen, SSBB during the 4th Gen)

2) Sakurai had a limit of Pokémon to put in Brawl and personally (or for whatever reason) decided to continue to skip the 3rd Gen in favor of the 1st Gen and Lucario.

I don't think it had to do with that generation's lack of quality Pokémon, for I thought the RSE Pokémon were quite good, and there are a handful that would have worked (even if that meant the Plusle & Minun characters)

...this is all ASSUMED...

But you did bring food for thought...the 5th Generation of Pokémon will probably come and have gone by the time SSB4 comes out. If I had to guess, the 5th pkmn Gen;s lifespan will be 2009 (or 2010)-2013...and if SSB4 takes as long as Brawl (seven years), SSB4 won't be out until 2013-2014, which the next (6th) Pokémon Gen will be ready by then.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
With Pokemon, it's obvious Pikachu and Jigglypuff are staying in. Sakurai obviously has bias towards first gen and likes nostalgia characters, so it's a good bet that Pokemon trainer will stay in.

But where does this leave the other generations? Just like Mewtwo was axed for Lucario, it is a good bet that Lucario will be taken out in favor of a 5th gen pokemon. And for even further demonstration of the newer Pokemon generations (and for Pokemon's well-deserved 5th rep), a second Pokemon Trainer is likely, probably containing a Pokemon from 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen. This will give SSB4 a roster that will most likely represent all of the Pokemon generations.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
However, Mewtwo wasn't removed for Lucario. Evidence seems to suggest that Mewtwo was planned but wasn't "high-priority" enough to make it in over other characters (including Lucario and the Pokemon Trainer).

I don't buy into the idea that Pokemon has a "rotating character slot" at all. The fact that Mewtwo was planned and made it past the earliest stages of the game doesn't fit with the belief that they dropped him for the new popular Pokemon.

That's why I think Lucario has a good chance of staying as long as he keeps a fanbase. If he doesn't stay popular, he's gone, but otherwise I believe the only thing he has to worry about is a future popular Pokemon taking up his development time.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
However, Mewtwo wasn't removed for Lucario. Evidence seems to suggest that Mewtwo was planned but wasn't "high-priority" enough to make it in over other characters (including Lucario and the Pokemon Trainer).
Evidence doesn't suggest this, evidence proves this. Lucario was put in over Mewtwo because the Pokemon company is all about marketing and will want their newest creations in to get more people to buy their games.

I don't buy into the idea that Pokemon has a "rotating character slot" at all. The fact that Mewtwo was planned and made it past the earliest stages of the game doesn't fit with the belief that they dropped him for the new popular Pokemon.
They still dropped them. Despite how much people love Mewtwo, Lucario was kept in for marketing purposes.

That's why I think Lucario has a good chance of staying as long as he keeps a fanbase. If he doesn't stay popular, he's gone, but otherwise I believe the only thing he has to worry about is a future popular Pokemon taking up his development time.
Mewtwo has a giant fanbase and still does. That didn't save him.

Enoc.gt

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3263 7934 7408
NOOOO THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE.

LOLOL

but anyways.. about pokemon, Lucario sucks! In fact, the majority of the 4th generation pokemon were weird looking... like robots almost...
thats my opinion anyways..

I liked the idea of having a Pokemon Trainer with all three starters as a Playable cahracter in brawl.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Here's something people don't suggest for SSB4 often enough--

Stages:

Super Mario
• Rosalina’s Observatory
• Bowser's Castle
• New Mushroom Kingdom
• New Super Mario Series Stage
• Mario Party stage
• Rainbow Road

Donkey Kong
• DK Island
• Gangplank Galleon

The Legend of Zelda
• Future Legend of Zelda Sequel Location
• Hyrulian Castle
• Death Mountain

Metroid
• Tourian
• SR388

Pokémon
• Pokémon Colosseum
• Pokétopia
• 5th Generation’s Region’s Location

Earthbound
• Tazmily Village
• Winters

Fire Emblem
• Archanea
• Future Fire Emblem Kingdom

Game & Watch
• Flat Zone 3

Wario
• Wario Ware 2
• Wario's Amusement Park (from the upcoming Wario Ware DSi game)

Kid Icarus
• Underworld (Vertical scrolling stage)
• Palutena’s Palace

Robot
• Wrecking Crew

Metal Gear
• Big Shell

Mega Man
• Mega Metropolis

Punch-Out!
• Champion’s Ring

Golden Sun
• Venus Lighthouse

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
All I'm saying is that it doesn't look like they got rid of Mewtwo for Lucario - more like they put more emphasis on getting Lucario in than Mewtwo. If Mewtwo hadn't been planned at all I'd probably agree with you.

Marine Snow

Smash Rookie
I had this freakishly long post written out, and when I click "post", I'm no longer logged in. I blame the Zionist.

Cliffnoted version of lost post:

1. More options to fool around with aside from damage setting, items on/off, and so on. I want to fool around with physics, gravity, game speed, turning off that infernal tripping (sans items that cause tripping),etc. It could even come with a few default settings (floaty, quick, and "Melee" to put an end to at least some of the drama in the community).

2. Bring back Melee handicap settings with more options.

3. More stage custom options and stop having stuff that CLEARLY takes up on spot take up two and plan courses for moving platforms.

4. Better level design. Why should we have a level based on Nintendo franchise that nobody remembers number 573 if it's poorly designed?

5. Bring back some of the original Smash Brother levels. I miss the original Mushroom Kingdom from the first game.

6. Fix the many glitches and exploitable features from Melee/Brawl. Why is Snake performing "Rockets on Ice"? Get some avid players who go out of their way to find such errors and whatnot be beta testers.

7. Make Pokéballs useful again. I love the pandemonium that ensues from seven Pokéballs being used at the same time.

8. Do I really need to talk about loading times or online play?

9. If they are going to die unless they put in an adventure mode, at least make it more interesting. Less fighting and more platforming.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I had this freakishly long post written out, and when I click "post", I'm no longer logged in. I blame the Zionist.

I won't quote that the freakishly long post because I kind of don't feel like looking for it but I'll gladly quote this.

Cliffnoted version of lost post:

1. More options to fool around with aside from damage setting, items on/off, and so on. I want to fool around with physics, gravity, game speed, turning off that infernal tripping (sans items that cause tripping),etc. It could even come with a few default settings (floaty, quick, and "Melee" to put an end to at least some of the drama in the community).

I guess more option's wouldn't hurt, I think they already have some of the game's physics you say in Smash X. And I wouldn't turn off tripping as a whole, just random tripping because it messes you up when you want to attack. Tripping from an attack I would want to keep because it kind of make a lot of uses for combo's like Kirby's D-Tilit, Luigi's D-Tilt, Zelda's D-Tilt, Diddy Kong's D-B etc.

And technically in Japan, Brawl is called Great Melee Smash Brothers X from Melee's which was called Great Melee Smash Brothers Deluxe and the Super Super Smash Bros. was Nintendo All Star! Great Melee Smash Brothers so the community should't even be in a drama. -_-;

2. Bring back Melee handicap settings with more options.
Truthfully, I would like them to keep Smash X's handicap because you can toggle with the damgae retio and stuff already. And I didn't use the handicap very much on Smash Deluxe because it just make's you lighter, in Smash X, (I'm going to say Smash X instead of Brawl for now on), I could use the handicap for casual gaming with my younger frineds so they have a chance. Also, Smash X's handicap you can use the recovery items to help, that's why I like that one.

3. More stage custom options and stop having stuff that CLEARLY takes up on spot take up two and plan courses for moving platforms.
I'll agree with this. The more custom part, the other one you said I don't know about.

4. Better level design. Why should we have a level based on Nintendo franchise that nobody remembers number 573 if it's poorly designed?
Why should some stages be forgoten? I know Mario Bros is not a stage to fight but it's good to see that Smash didn't forget about the games. Also, most of the stages people should know or they haven't played much Nintendo. I thought Konami did that level well, it's just that King Dedede's chain grab just made it not fun to play on.

5. Bring back some of the original Smash Brother levels. I miss the original Mushroom Kingdom from the first game.
These stages have to be refurbished or they will look either too Small or too Big when playing them, some of the old stage's in Smash X looks kind of small, I'll say redo them then put some of the stage's in the new Smash, I don't want all the stages from the older games.

6. Fix the many glitches and exploitable features from Melee/Brawl. Why is Snake performing "Rockets on Ice"? Get some avid players who go out of their way to find such errors and whatnot be beta testers.
I will agree to this as well.

7. Make Pokéballs useful again. I love the pandemonium that ensues from seven Pokéballs being used at the same time.
What?! Pokeball's has mostly been useful, it's just that it's the luck of the draw just like the last Smash Brothers game.

8. Do I really need to talk about loading times or online play?
I don't think so.

9. If they are going to die unless they put in an adventure mode, at least make it more interesting. Less fighting and more platforming.

You forget that the SSE wasn't a platform, it was more action isntead. I don't know what would happen if they did put platfroming in the new adventrue mode.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
This was a long while back, but somebody said Dixie was more likely then K. Rool due to having been planned for Brawl.

Dixie was only planned as a Ice Climbers style team with Diddy. She was never seriously planned to have her own moveset. Considering how little data we have left of the forbidden 7, Dixie's data was probably just anything they started in with the Ice Climbers concept such as model and what not.

And I actually find it a GOOD thing K. Rool was not an assist trophy, as if he was, then K. Rool would've been decided to not be in the game early on. This makes me think that K. Rool was more seriously considered for a playable spot, but it still ultimately didn't happen, obviously. Notice how Donkey kong has no assist trophy whatsoever?

Diddy should've been in Melee and almost made it more likely then not as well, considering he has no trophy while K. Rool and Dixie both have one. If only. . .Then K. Rool would've most probably been in Brawl.

Brawler4ever

Smash Rookie
I'd really like to see Faster online play, and maybe and "Item Severity" meter. Because I felt in Melee it was almost more fun because a person who sucked could come and blow up a Master with a Bom-omb. That was my case, but then I got better, but it's still fun to get killed by a n00b to mix things up a bit. I just liked Melee better than Brawl. Maybe bring back Poke Floats.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This was a long while back, but somebody said Dixie was more likely then K. Rool due to having been planned for Brawl.

Dixie was only planned as a Ice Climbers style team with Diddy. She was never seriously planned to have her own moveset. Considering how little data we have left of the forbidden 7, Dixie's data was probably just anything they started in with the Ice Climbers concept such as model and what not.

And I actually find it a GOOD thing K. Rool was not an assist trophy, as if he was, then K. Rool would've been decided to not be in the game early on. This makes me think that K. Rool was more seriously considered for a playable spot, but it still ultimately didn't happen, obviously. Notice how Donkey kong has no assist trophy whatsoever?

Diddy should've been in Melee and almost made it more likely then not as well, considering he has no trophy while K. Rool and Dixie both have one. If only. . .Then K. Rool would've most probably been in Brawl.
That was me who stated that, and I stand firm in my belief. Look at some of the other AT's. Saki, Little Mac, Isaac... they have great chances of garnering more popularity, especially with their upcoming titles (Isaac being an exception with HOPES that there will be a future Wii Golden Sun).

How do you know that Dixie was programmed to be a Diddy-sidekick? Where is your proof? The only proof is that she had a minute amount of programming, which essentially were just empty folders - meaning, that she was simply considered, as were the other "forbidden six". They could have made a hundred folders of all sorts of characters, simply as directories for which files could have begun to be placed, but of course, the majority of us upon discovering these empty folders would assume that the characters were in development. The folders for Mewtwo, Dixie, Doc, Prai & Mai, Toon Zelda/Sheik, and Roy could have been created far early on in development for consideration, but abandoned right then and there, never to be touched again, hence the common entry in their descriptions as "reference material".

While Dixie was little-to-nothing on the disc, I still believe that just because she had a couple of dataless folders on the disc, she was considered above K. Rool, and frankly, you can't just assume that they were really thinking about him during development because he didn't get an AT spot, and hence, would be put in a higher position than those that made AT spots (I get where you make sense of it, but it's a tad one-sided given of course, that those that DID get AT spots were actually developed!). If K. Rool were even considered for Brawl, I'd imagine he would have probably fit into the "SSE boss" category, alongside Ridley and Pokey.

All in all, when it comes to the AT's, there are those that have a chance at a spot come next title, and those that never will. K. Rool cannot be placed in the "considered roster spot" file because frankly, no one knows. It is my firm belief that because Dixie was even a smidgen considered, that she currently has priority over K. Rool. Now, if they were to make another great Donkey Kong adventure game between now and SSB4's development featuring K. Rool as the antagonist, then you bet he'd be placed above Dixie.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
if there was enough room to fit this on my signature that would be amazing.

@WolfCypher:don't forget Princess Peachs castle and fountian of dreams also stop making fun of my secondry.:(
I'm not making fun of your 2ndary. Me saying "I hate that ________ is still in here" is not the same as me saying "nah nah nah da boo boo! ________ sux!"

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
New Stage: Halfmoon, Kirby Super Star.

You have no idea how much I want a halfmoon stage. Not a clue. It would be absolutely beautiful and amazing to battle on.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
More female characters would be nice.

SSB64 had one (Jigglypuff is genderless).

Melee added 2 more (Peach and Zelda).

Brawl technically added another (Zero Suit Samus).

But still, that's only 3 (4 if you count Samus and ZSS seperately)female fighters as opposes to about 25-30 male fighters (Thing about the **** and the...nevermind).

I propose that at leats Lyndis and Krystal appear. Even as clones, they could at least make the roster seems a bit more sexually equal.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

You have no idea how much I want a halfmoon stage. Not a clue. It would be absolutely beautiful and amazing to battle on.
Why that one? I don't remember anything really cool about it except for all that annoying wind...fighting on Galactic Nova would be cooler! (imho)

@mariofanpm12: The roster will never be "sexually equal"...there are just way too many male characters out there.

Yoshi52

Smash Cadet
Randomization needs to be done better. I keep getting the same Pokémon at the same time, the stages tend to repeat, and the same characters are chosen quite a lot.

Here's an idea: How about more "My Music"-esque options? Like, choosing how often certain characters, Pokémon, and stages appear in random selection.

justaway12

Smash Master
Randomization needs to be done better. I keep getting the same Pokémon at the same time, the stages tend to repeat, and the same characters are chosen quite a lot.

Here's an idea: How about more "My Music"-esque options? Like, choosing how often certain characters, Pokémon, and stages appear in random selection.
You can unlock something in brawl where you chose what stages can be in random i just wonder why they haven't added thee same things for characters and assit trophys? and the reason pokemon weren't like that was it would be too easy to get rare pokemon like jirachi and mew which give you cds and stickers i think.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Speaking of random characters, why aren't Sheik and Zero Suit Samus selectable as random characters?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Remove Falco, put in Krystal.

Remove Ganon, Use Blood Falcon.

Bring Ganon Back with Sword.

Give SSE some practical use beyond unlocking characters.

More Stages.

more Characters(No clones, please.)

and last but not least...BRING BACK POPULAR ATs, if only to make the Melee ****s shut up.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Remove Ganon? Oh dear. You realise he's the main villain of one of Nintendo's buggest franchises and that Blood Falcon is already a Captain Falcon costume?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
More female characters would be nice.

SSB64 had one (Jigglypuff is genderless OMG, HOW DID YOU FORGET SAMUS).

Melee added 2 more (Peach and Zelda).

Brawl technically added another (Zero Suit Samus).

But still, that's only 3 (4 if you count Samus and ZSS seperately)female fighters as opposes to about 25-30 male fighters (Thing about the **** and the...nevermind).

I propose that at leats Lyndis and Krystal appear. Even as clones, they could at least make the roster seems a bit more sexually equal.
Yea, Smash need's to look a little less like a sausage fest. But you have to know, they're not a lot of females in Nintendo that plays a big role in big games. I have no idea why the creater of Kirby was thinking when he notice a lack of females and put a character that's already in the game.

Speaking of random characters, why aren't Sheik and Zero Suit Samus selectable as random characters?
Sheik is already counted as Zelda, I guess that's why. Zero Suit Samus you have to hold a button to even pick her, so that's her reason.

I'll say Float's Island is much more desrving than that stage. Float's Island has been in more than three Kirby games and has one of the best Kirby themes ever thought of. A Kirby Air Ride stage would be more exceptable.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
It is my firm belief that because Dixie was even a smidgen considered, that she currently has priority over K. Rool.
I don't have anything to add, but I'm just saying that I totally agree with everything you said in that post.

Dixie was only planned as a Ice Climbers style team with Diddy. She was never seriously planned to have her own moveset.
I also have to ask - why do you think that? There's no proof for it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
That was me who stated that, and I stand firm in my belief. Look at some of the other AT's. Saki, Little Mac, Isaac... they have great chances of garnering more popularity, especially with their upcoming titles (Isaac being an exception with HOPES that there will be a future Wii Golden Sun).
Isaac is the only AT who I firmly believe should've been in Brawl, with the possible exception of Goroh, who I believe Black Shadow has priority over. Still, Goroh is a matter of opinion. Isaac had a great shot for Brawl, but now for SSB4 he'll have to have another GS game (And with him still in it as an important character) before SSB4 comes out or he won't have much chance. Little Mac is the only AT I see without a doubt getting in as the new retro character.

So to be quite frank, I wouldn't expect many Brawl ATs in SSB4.

How do you know that Dixie was programmed to be a Diddy-sidekick? Where is your proof? The only proof is that she had a minute amount of programming, which essentially were just empty folders - meaning, that she was simply considered, as were the other "forbidden six". They could have made a hundred folders of all sorts of characters, simply as directories for which files could have begun to be placed, but of course, the majority of us upon discovering these empty folders would assume that the characters were in development. The folders for Mewtwo, Dixie, Doc, Prai & Mai, Toon Zelda/Sheik, and Roy could have been created far early on in development for consideration, but abandoned right then and there, never to be touched again, hence the common entry in their descriptions as "reference material".
I know Dixie was a Diddy sidekick because on Sakurai's poll (One which actually had around 200+ votes in the DK section alone), there were three options for the DK section. Diddy alone, Diddy and Dixie together, and K. Rool. Admiteddly both of the former were far ahead of K. Rool, but Dixie along wasn't on the poll at all.

While Dixie was little-to-nothing on the disc, I still believe that just because she had a couple of dataless folders on the disc, she was considered above K. Rool, and frankly, you can't just assume that they were really thinking about him during development because he didn't get an AT spot, and hence, would be put in a higher position than those that made AT spots (I get where you make sense of it, but it's a tad one-sided given of course, that those that DID get AT spots were actually developed!). If K. Rool were even considered for Brawl, I'd imagine he would have probably fit into the "SSE boss" category, alongside Ridley and Pokey.
K. Rool would have to be ridiculously oversized to be a boss, which is why I didn't see him as such. K. Rool makes far more sense as a playable character sized down to Bowser's height. While K. Rool has been huge at times, so has Bowser, and K. Rool's proportions allow him to be sized down just fine without any controversy, unlike Ridley. K. Rool is far bigger then DK in all his appearances you say? Not recently. Recently, he's barely DK's height. Besides, DK's size was INCREASED for Brawl anyway.

All in all, when it comes to the AT's, there are those that have a chance at a spot come next title, and those that never will. K. Rool cannot be placed in the "considered roster spot" file because frankly, no one knows. It is my firm belief that because Dixie was even a smidgen considered, that she currently has priority over K. Rool. Now, if they were to make another great Donkey Kong adventure game between now and SSB4's development featuring K. Rool as the antagonist, then you bet he'd be placed above Dixie.
There's no direct proof that K. Rool was considered, but there is none to the contrary. If K. Rool were an assist trophy, that would show he was decided early on in development to not be playable or that he was raised to Sakurai's attention later on in development like Isaac/Ray 01.

Oh. . .And K. Rool is the antagonist of every single Donkey Kong game besides DK Jungle Beat, so take from that what you will. If any DK game comes out, it's far more likely then not he'll be the antagonist once again.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
*vomits at the idea of a K.Rool boss*

The Fisherman

Fisherman is the iconic villain of the slasher I Know What You Did Last Summer films. After a night of murderous antics, this scurvy seadog was hit by four drunk teens, who dumped his body in the ocean out of fear. As it turns out, the Fisherman wasn’t actually dead. Out of retribution, he stalks and attacks the teens and everyone in his way with his weapon of choice, a razor-sharp fish hook. All the while, he terrorizes his victims, pulling stunts like leaving crabs in cars, cutting off girls' hair in their sleep, and leaving messages in blood.

About Fisherman

Staying true to character, Fisherman's run is simply walking. He's in no rush to commit murder. But, when Fisherman's foe is rushing to do the same to him...how does he cope? Simple: by making openings in his opponents' attacks, Fisherman can remain viable in matches by getting to them, or bringing them to him. Only his movement is dreadfully slow, not his attack speed or rate of damage-racking. Fisherman's other mobility stats are marginal, while his weight and size are above the average.

Specials

Neutral Special - Crab
Fisherman pulls a simple blue crab from his coat and tosses it forward along the ground. The Pikmin-sized crab scurries forward at Fox's dash, clamping onto anything it comes into contact with. Crabs have a cute 10 HP, allowing Fisherman to have out as many as he wants at once. Aside from dealing a continuous 2-3% per second, crabs lessen a victim's movement and attack speed by one eighth. They also cause enemies to flinch every now and then.

One crab isn't much to worry about, but considering Fisherman can toss them out with nearly as much freedom as Olimar, your opponents aren't gonna have it so lightly. They'll have to shake off each crab, one by one, by button-mashing. Although crabs can't defend Fisherman well at all, they can be rather offensive, clamping onto traps and minions to eliminate them for their master.

{ { { 2-3% } } }

Down Special - Rope Net
Fisherman pulls a rope fishing net out of his coat, leans back slightly, then heaves it forward 1/3 of Battlefield, in a low arc to the ground. Anyone caught in the net in its path get caught in it, trapped in place and having to mash out. If the net lands without catching a character, it simply vanishes. There's a good half second lag on either end of Fisherman's toss, and only one net can be out at a time. If he waits for an opening and captures a struggling opponent (one that has crabs, maybe?), he has plenty of options. Approach with ease, toss out more crabs to swarm the helpless victim, or hook them with another Special.
{ { { 0% } } }

Side Special - Crook's Hook
Fisherman leans back for .75 second, before hurling his hook forward half of Battlefield like a boomerang. His weapon moves at a slow pace, although the murderer can tap B prior to throwing to lessen the distance of his hook slightly (a nice last-ditch tactic, as Fisherman can't move until his hook returns). During this time, he can also angle his hook up to snare aerial foes, or down if he's overlooking an opponent from above. Fisherman's hook is a grab hitbox that impales characters it hits, dealing 7-8%.

The hook returns to its owner after reaching maximum range, but it'll return immediately if it snares an enemy. The hook can also impale a foe on its return. The foe can mash out while the hook is moving, but Fisherman grabs them if the hook returns to him all the way. Now that he's got you in his reach, he's about to punish you good and hard. Of course, you're not gonna be able to throw this move out like rose petals with that nasty start-up lag. Oh, no. You've got to hold your foe down with crabs and nets first. You see, if you can't bring yourself to your foe, you've got to bring your foe to you, like a lamb for the slaughter.

{ { { 7-8% } } }

Up Special - Fishing Line
Fisherman's hook appears to be attached to a rope; what a perfect tool with which to snare a meal at sea. Or an opposing character on the battlefield. Fisherman quickly begins swinging his hook-on-a-rope a Mario above his head, covering his entire width up there. Spin the control stick to increase his spinning speed. Foes caught by the spinning hook can be swung around for 1-4% per rotation (depending on spin speed) and launched with A. A launch at maximum speed KOs around 120%.

By pressing B, Fisherman casts his roped-hook out a varying distance (can be two character widths to 3/4 of Battlefield, if you swing your rope for up to a second) with minimal lag. If he gets a bite, he'll pull the victim to him in a grab, while if not, he pulls the rope back instantly. He can tether to ledges this way also. Getting caught deals 5-6% to the hooked character.

You may be asking yourself, why is this a better option that the seemingly identical 'pull in the foe' Side Special? First off, Side Special has lag, but needs no charge to it to cover a great distance; this move requires some spinning time to get anywhere at all, which leaves Fisherman highly vulnerable from everywhere but above. In addition, Fisherman can pull out this Special during his unique grab game to score KOs, while using Side Special in the same situation merely gives your opponent a chance to escape.

{ { { 1-4% rotation, 5-6% hooked } } }

Grab and Throws

Grab - Hook
Fisherman slashes a character width forward with his hook with .25 second lag on both ends. Connect, and he'll hoist the character up into the air, dealing 3% per half second. Fisherman's grab can be escaped from without difficulty, but he has ways to keep you hooked and damaged, right up until it's time for the KO.
{ { { 3% per half second } } }

Dash Attack - Spray Whirlwind
Stanley spins around once, having a horribly weak hitbox that deals 3-4% and a bit of stun. However, after his spin, he releases a Luigi-sized tornado of spray from the built-up momentum. Strange...

The tornado deals three hits of 3%, as it travels forward two Battlefield platforms at Dedede's dashing speed. The last hit pushes foes back horizontally with set knockback. This tornado, unlike its infamous cousin, can be broken through without insane effort, and can be DIed out of from time to time. It's still an alright GTFO move for Stanley; good for him, as he stumbles a bit after spinning for quite a bit of ending lag.
( 3-13% )

TILTS

Forward Tilt - Stream
Stanley exhales a stream of gas with a bit more range than a fully-charged F.L.U.D.D. His gas can be held out and angled, but its range decreases slowly until it barely covers one character width. Contact with the gas stream pushes foes slowly back along its path, dealing 1-2% per half second in there.

Stanley could easily move his opponents out of his face, but he suffers from moderate ending lag as he poses slightly. Guy's gotten a bit rusty over the years. Anyways, because of his ending lag, the better use of the stream is to push foes into one of his little lingering traps he can use. Or, if push comes to shove, he can merely build a bit of damage with his stream from mist. Whatever floats your boat.
( 1-2% per second )

Down Tilt - Stunner Blast
Stanley quickly tilts his gun downwards and shoots out a yellow cloud, creating a blast a bit smaller than Kirby. Contact with it causes dizziness from all those poisonous chemicals, in addition to 5-6%. It's a good thing they do, as Stanley takes a bit of time to exit his crouch after the move. This is a great move to use in a cloud filled with freezing spray. Coax your foe in (or force them through), let them get stunned, then blast them away with a Water Bubble.
( 5-6% )

Up Tilt - Basic Spray
Stanley's trademark move in the game; he simply shoots up a small burst of spray, before peering upwards and watching it go for a split second. The spray stuns foes slighly while pushing them upwards, dealing 6-7% in the process. Spray travels up about two Ganondorfs before vanishing, which is enough to push a foe near the screen top up for a Star KO (although they can DI out). Unfortunately, this isn't the greatest move for freezing in mist; all it will do is pop your foe out the cloud's top. You're best off going for the Star KO.
( 6-7% )

SMASHES

Forward Smash - Power Gas
Stanley pumps out a Bowser-sized cloud of bright red gas, with high ending lag, but quick startup. This cloud actually has a bit of priority to it, although it is not amazingly high. This cloud travels forward up to half of Battlefield, at up to Toon Link's dashing speed. Any opponent unfortunate enough to get blasted takes 16-21% and knockback that KOs from 140-125%. A pretty good KO move, especially if hidden in mist. You'll have to make a pretty darn big mist cloud to obscure this Smash, though.
( 16-21% )

Down Smash - Floor Spray
Stanley sprays the ground in front of him powerfully, being pushed a tiny bit into the air as a result (it takes him a split second to land and straigten up). The spray he creates travels a character width to either side on the floor, dealing 13-17% and knockback that KOs from 165-150%.

A very drab Smash, eh? It does have a secondary, more important use. If used inside mist, the force of the dual-sided blast tears the mist apart, retaining any properties it has (poison or freeze-sprayed). This seperates the mist cloud into two equally-sized mist clouds, spaced character width apart. If you want to create or position mist clouds quickly, this is the move for you. Any traps you have hidden are not replicated, though, and may be revealed as a result of the division.
( 13-17% )

Up Smash - Chemical Poof
Stanley fires up a multi-colored spray in an arc above his head, with little startup and moderate ending lag. His spray floats where it was launched, making a cute little rainbow aura of poison for seven seconds. Foes who land on this begin taking multiple light yet stunning hits that can total from 2-23%. Great as an anti-air move, but not for actually KOing. Because it rests in the air, you can put it inside mist along with a grounded cloud (which would be cancelled out by most other grounded attacks).
( 2-23% )

AERIALS

Neutral Air - Knockout Gas
Stanley spins, with Bowser N-Air lag, surrounding himself in an aura of blue spray. This interesting spray surrounds Stanley at a close range for nine seconds. Enemies who touch the Bugman or his gas take 1% and are bounced upwards lightly...right back onto his body. This means Stanley can stack several hits on one foe before they can DI away. While it's not incredibly damaging, he can always trap a foe, before fast-falling onto a trap. You're better off having U-Smash in mist over this, though.
( 1-% )

Forward Air - Repellant
Stanley sprays a pink gas in an arc in front of him, damaging and pushing back foes who touch it. The gas has average range, and comes out quickly, although it is Stanley's most punishable aerial. The pushing of the repellant is akin to F.L.U.D.D., making it amazing at pushing unwilling foes into traps. However, because it pushes foes out of mist, it is never a move you want to use in there.
( 6-9% )

Back Air - Volatile Burst
Stanley hesitates a split second, before spewing out a Kirby-sized cloud of bright red gas, with moderate cooldown. The gas travels back two character widths at Bowser's dashing speed, before detonating in an explosion the size of the Koopa King. Foes hit by the moving gas take hitstun and are pulled with it, to help land them in the blast, which KOs at 120%. Fortunately, it has low enough priority to keep from detonating all the time.

If Stanley shoots the explosive spray into mist, the entire mist cloud will detonate upon any opponent touching it. This will destroy any other traps the Bugman has planted in there, as well as the mist itself, albeit never expiring like other timed traps. Pushing a foe into an explosive cloud is not only a highly effective KO move, but is immensely satisfying.
( 13-15% )

Up Air - Twin Puffs
Stanley quickly puffs up two small maroon balls of smoke, and watches for a split second, as they spiral a short distance over his head for that time before vanishing. The smoke balls trap foes in multiple stunning hits that won't KO, but will hold foes for landing amongst traps. If used in mist, it can also serve as a diversion for foes, while Stanley creates more mist areas, or sets up more traps.
( 1-2% per hit )

Down Air - Spray Rocket
Stanley points his gun downwards and fires a stream of spray a Ganondorf down, holding himself in place in the air for a second. Foes who touch the thin stream are instantly blown down to its bottom, taking a bit of damage in the process. Stanley suffers a bit less lag than his other aerials ending here, but this is the least reliable for damage-dealing or pushing enemies into traps. It has no effect when sprayed into mist. The Bugman can, however, use it as a split second period with which to aim your recovery in times of need.
( 5-8% )

GRAB / THROWS

Grab - Exterminator's Hand
Stanley simply reaches forward, having around Mario's range and lag. Not too shabby for a grab. From a dash, the Bugman lunges forward a short distance on the ground, covering great range for a dash-grab, but being highly punishable if he whiffs.
( 0% )

Pummel - Chemical Flurry
Stanley rapidly squirts his foe in the face with bug-spray. It deals only 1%, and is incredibly spammable. If you get in five or more pummels before throwing your foe, they'll become dizzy (footstooled in the air) upon landing.
( 1% )

Forward Throw - Breather
Stanley simply fires off a vertical green pillar of spray Marth's height, pushing the victim back two character widths. Opponents with low damage can DI upwards and jump away, but Stanley can pummel them into a stun to prevent this. A great grounded tool for scooping foes into a trap.
( 5% )

Back Throw - Off!
Stanley pushes his foe behind him, before giving them a good, long dousing with his gun. His spray deals three hits of 4%, the last one dealing knockback that KOs around 165%. Without dizzying foes with pummels, Stanley's throws are generally standard close-ranged moves.
( 4-12% )

Down Throw - Bugman Barrage
Stanley tosses his victim to the ground, before zapping them with bright blue bug-spray. This launches the enemy horizontally forward, having the potential to KO at 175%. If you've pummeled the victim enough, they'll get dizzy at maximum range, allowing Stanley to run up and grab them again. It is in no way, shape, or form a chaingrab, though.
( 6-7% )

Up Throw - Pest Launch
Stanley holds his gun to his victim, pointed upwards, and blasts them up. He follows his upwards shot with three consecutive clouds aimed at the victim. At least one will always hit the character; they can air dodge to try avoiding the rest. Stanley's initial shot launches the victim far enough up that it can KO on low ceilings, but never otherwise. It's best to stick to pushing foes into traps set above Stanley.
( 4-16% )

FINAL SMASH

Final Smash - Immense Fog
Will Stanley finally leave his hog-fu...er, 'doing' ways in the past and grow giant here? You have no time to ponder such questions, as the Bugman has just grabbed a Smash Ball. Stanley laughs stupidly, his eyes aglow, and...nothing happens. Nothing, that is, until you use Mist.

When Stanley creates mist with a Final Smash, he can cover the entire screen in a matter of three seconds. In addition, this fog is thicker than usual; only an outline of characters and items can be seen. Foes will have a hellish time trying to dodge Stanley's traps, and may even face trouble from hazards or SDing from the lack of visibility. Tapping B again with mist already out causes it to flash transparent for a split second, allowing for Stanley to get comfortable with his surroundings and wreak more havoc. He loses the ability to make mass mist after twenty seconds.
( 0% )

PLAYSTYLE

Right off the bat, Stanley's pathetic stats should tell you that you've got a hell of a fight ahead of you. The Bugman takes traps and illusions to the next level with all of the smokescreens he can set up. Of course, any expert exterminator knows there's a time and a place for everything. Not just any old spray will do to repell your pesky enemies at any time...

As soon as the announcer says GO!, Stanley's got to start spraying mist wherever he can. The more areas of mist you can get onstage, the better. You'll have more areas to hide your traps, and more sources of Water Bubbles when it comes time to KO. Speaking of Water Bubbles, it may be beneficial to inhale some mist once you have a sufficient amount out. Your foes will read and punish you doing this later, and you'll have to juggle this with keeping track of your traps.

When you're ready to start building damage, you have several options. Hiding in mist and camping requires the least set-up, but is easier for enemies to overcome. You'll probably find this tactic the most effective near the match's beginning, when you both have low damage. Your best camping move is basic combo, in addition to any moving spray moves, such as dash attack or B-Air.

All of these moves are highly punishable under normal circumstances, but shrouded in mist, your opponents will have no idea what to expect from you (unless you begin simply spamming). Mix up you attacks and camp away. This tactic, if performed craftily in combination with moving about between mist clouds, can build your foe's damage just fine.

Of course, camping alone won't win Stanley matches when he has no defense against projectiles with his wimpy little clouds. As any professional exterminator knows, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going...or something like that. Stanley's trickery extends far beyond simple camping. A base for all that trickery begins with messing with your mist clouds. Altering the mist itself can be done with Down Special, Up Special, and B-Air. Down Special provides Stanley with melee-ranged defense, and B-Air is a run-of-the-mill KO move. Up Special, however, is the bread-and-butter of Stanley's sneakiness.

When you're really ready to let them have it, apply freezing spray to your mist clouds. Now, you have a lot of freedom to hit your enemies with your best shot...whatever that may be. The possibilities of what you can hide in freezing mist are near endless. Want to rack some more damage? Hide a spray tornado or a few toxic puffs in there. Aiming for that KO, at long last? Let in a Water Bubble or some Power Gas. Want to simply hold them there and set up some more fun and games? How about an U-Smash or N-Air to do the job?

All these frozen goods (h) are fine and dandy, but the fact remains that...they're frozen. That's right, Stan can't just put them there and expect them to work on their own. No matter, you have plenty of ways to do get your foe into the danger zone. F-Tilt, D-Air, and throws can manipulate attackers into your traps from any angle. Oh, and if worse comes to worse and you can't do this, just force your opponents to come to you by camping near traps. You'll have an easier time messing with them at close range. Of course, you must constantly stick around and replenish your mist and traps, should they run out before the desired result is achieved.

Playing as Stanley is a constant chore; you must tend to your mist clouds and plant the traps that will assist you, where they will assist you. If you rush at your foe, you will get your arse whooped. Seriously. Most of Stanley's moves are highly punishable, and can't be comboed with, nor can they push an opponent back enough to keep Stan safe from retaliation. Mindgame the hell out of your opponents, and you're on your way to becoming an expert Bugman.

MATCH-UPS

Vs. Cairne - 20/80
While Cairne focuses on landing War Stomps, Stanley has to start making areas of mist, or absorbing some for Water Bubble. Cairne can prevent the Bugman from camping with Bladestorm and shockwaves, due to both having infinitely better priority than anything Stanley could muster up. In addition, D-Smash allows the bull man to tank any traps Stanley can set up and attack the Bugman without hassle. Stanley should get as many frozen traps up as possible, preferably in positions that Cairne will have difficulty avoiding. Cairne has no trouble surviving his defensive Reincarnation phase, due to Stanley being unable to approach, and him being able to tank his camping easily. Because Cairne can muscle past his traps with ease, this game is more one of survival and avoidance for Stanley. His best hope is to build gradual damage on Cairne as he pursues you, then surprise him with a KO. There's not much hope for the Bugman in this match-up.

Vs. Abra - 60/40
Neither character can stand close combat, of course. Stanley will want to get up something before Abra gets up to him and pulls him into the air. He's not defenseless up there, but it's a far cry from his fortresses of mist. Of course, with Abra's constant movement, he'll have to be highly careful of anything Stanley might attempt to lay in his path. Which is just what Stanley's got to do. It's much more difficult for Abra to build damage when he's got disjointed clouds of mist constantly disrupting his illusions and preventing him from successfully getting to Stan. Of course, if he can get through the illusions and attack the exterminator with no remorse, Abra can still pull off a win. He'll have to exhibit some masterful trickery to outsmart the master, first.

EXTRA ANIMATIONS

Up Taunt - Adjustment
Stanley chuckles stupidly and messes with his hair a bit.

Side Taunt - Squirt Squirt
Stanley rapidly pumps his gun, causing only a bit of liquid to leak out of the end.

Down Taunt - Down, But Not Out
In the same vein as Mario, Stanley's eyes bug out and he drops onto his back. His death animation from Donkey Kong 3.

Entrance - Out of White Mist
An area of mist appears onstage, out of which Stanley steps out of with a chuckle.

Victory Pose #1 - Extermination
Stanley chases a swarm of bees off one side of the screen, but runs back with them chasing him. Some professional.

Victory Pose #2 - Amateur
Stanley flexes to try and make his ****** self threatening, but ends up squirting himself in the eyes with bug spray. He rubs it off angrily for the rest of the animation.

Victory Pose #3 - Bug-Spray Barrage
Stanley sprays two puffs of bug spray to either side, before aiming at the screen and misting it up with one long spray.

Victory Theme - Arcade Jingles
A few victorious bips and bops from Stanley's game are heard in celebration.

Loss Pose - Defeat
Stanley hangs his head, his gun propped on one shoulder.

You get 3 wishes!

A fiery death awaits you!

ROBOT UNICORN

This unicorn is a robot, but doesn't have a name. I suppose we'll call him Harold for this moveset's sake? Anyways, he hails from Robot Unicorn Attack, and believes in following his dreams through meadows of purple grass and collecting butterfly fairies. Harold sometimes gets such a kick out of his carefree life that he runs a little out of control...and pays the price by detonating violently. Nevertheless, he wishes himself into Brawl.

ABOUT ROBOT UNICORN

Winning as Robot Unicorn can be a chore if you lack strategic creativity; although his stats are great, he dies off incredibly easily. We'll get to that later, though. There's a reason he lacks a weight stat. Robot Unicorn has great movement capabilities, on the ground and in the air. His dash is unique in that his speed increases the longer he runs; it starts at Bowser's speed and increasing to faster than Sonic's within two seconds. Robot Unicorn is as wide as Bowser, but only as tall as Luigi.

SPECIALS

gantrain05

Smash Master
i think they should keep ganons moveset and change falcons.....ganons brawl moveset fits his ganonesque style very well, and while its still based off of falcons moveset it still fits ganon alot more than it does falcon.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
I know Dixie was a Diddy sidekick because on Sakurai's poll (One which actually had around 200+ votes in the DK section alone), there were three options for the DK section. Diddy alone, Diddy and Dixie together, and K. Rool. Admiteddly both of the former were far ahead of K. Rool, but Dixie along wasn't on the poll at all.
But the results of the Brawl poll were never released. We can't use the sample of messages posted on the old Brawl site to judge the entirety of the poll.

justaway12

Smash Master
i think they should keep ganons moveset and change falcons.....ganons brawl moveset fits his ganonesque style very well, and while its still based off of falcons moveset it still fits ganon alot more than it does falcon.
even if it does fit him more it was originally caption falcons so they really shouldn't give if ganon also it's easier to make a ganondorf moveset than it is capt. falcon
besides you're forgetting one thing

FALCON PAWNCH

Spire

III
BRoomer
Isaac is the only AT who I firmly believe should've been in Brawl, with the possible exception of Goroh, who I believe Black Shadow has priority over. Still, Goroh is a matter of opinion. Isaac had a great shot for Brawl, but now for SSB4 he'll have to have another GS game (And with him still in it as an important character) before SSB4 comes out or he won't have much chance. Little Mac is the only AT I see without a doubt getting in as the new retro character.

So to be quite frank, I wouldn't expect many Brawl ATs in SSB4.

K. Rool would have to be ridiculously oversized to be a boss, which is why I didn't see him as such. K. Rool makes far more sense as a playable character sized down to Bowser's height. While K. Rool has been huge at times, so has Bowser, and K. Rool's proportions allow him to be sized down just fine without any controversy, unlike Ridley. K. Rool is far bigger then DK in all his appearances you say? Not recently. Recently, he's barely DK's height. Besides, DK's size was INCREASED for Brawl anyway.

There's no direct proof that K. Rool was considered, but there is none to the contrary. If K. Rool were an assist trophy, that would show he was decided early on in development to not be playable or that he was raised to Sakurai's attention later on in development like Isaac/Ray 01.

Oh. . .And K. Rool is the antagonist of every single Donkey Kong game besides DK Jungle Beat, so take from that what you will. If any DK game comes out, it's far more likely then not he'll be the antagonist once again.
Touche, MasterWarlord. Touche. I'm glad you understand that I was not saying that Dixie has priority over K. Rool for SSB4, as I was merely stating their bout for Brawl. I would thoroughly enjoy another DK Adventure game. He hasn't had one since DK64, and that's incredibly sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom