• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai_Blade17

Smash Rookie
I was really hoping that ssb4 would be released on wii but looking at the previous pattern this may not be true. I think that they should replace pokemon trainers pokemons with the sinnoh starters. And it would also be great if tiers wouldnt exist in the characters.

justaway12

Smash Master
I was really hoping that ssb4 would be released on wii but looking at the previous pattern this may not be true. I think that they should replace pokemon trainers pokemons with the sinnoh starters. And it would also be great if tiers wouldnt exist in the characters.
It would be great if teirs didn't exist but that would mean the game would have to be perfectly balaced which is impossibly diffucult to do.

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
Honestly, i would not be surprised, if the next smash bros is on the DS, as long as it doesn't use touchscreen controls for the fighting (certan items (dragoon) and final smashes would be ok on the touchscreen) ive been dying for a portable smash since the melee days (though i really didnt want it on the GBA)
EDIT: @ that mario pic, that made me lol so hard

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I've recently stopped wondering about the possible new characters for SSB4 and started dreading the changes to or dismissals of my mains instead.

"Huh...Pit's Arrows only go halfway across the screen now...and he has even less KO potential...and he's the equivalent of Brawl's Captain Falcon..."
"Wolf's been replaced by this crappy blue femme fox..."
"My Lucario has been dropped in favor of a new Pokémon...that's fine...except JIGGLY-F***IN'-PUFF IS STILL HERE!!!"

I believe that Rhythm Heaven needs to be covered. At the very least, it should have its own stage, and a character would not be out of the question.

My roster:

Mario

Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong
Diddy and Dixie
King K. Rool

Wario

Wario
Mona

Yoshi

Yoshi

Pokémon

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Mewtwo
Lucario
5th gen rep.

The Legend of Zelda

Link
Princess Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf [uncloned]/Ganon
Toon Link [uncloned]
Tingle

Kirby

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Metroid

Samus Aran/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Star Fox

Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi [uncloned]
Wolf O' Donnell [uncloned]

Fire Emblem

Marth
Ike
Eliwood

Advance Wars

Andy

Mother

Ness
Lucas [uncloned]
Masked Man

F-Zero

Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Pikmin

Olimar & Pikmin

Rhythm Heaven

Karate Man

Punch-Out!!

Little Mac

Custom Robo

Ray MKIII

Legend of Starfy

Starfy

Golden Sun

Isaac

Retro

Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit
R.O.B.
Muddy Mole
Takamaru

Third party

Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mega Man

A bit much, but if Nintendo actually includes an HD with the next Wii, it may be doable. The only one I would call extraneous, however, would be Masked Man, if only because he is one of my favorite characters in video games.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Stamina mode should have health bars instead of health precents, that would make it more use full if you can raise the level of Stamina.

The most likey thought to me is the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, since it's too many Kanto Pokemon and everything. I think Wolf is too important in the Star Fox sieres to get kicked out.
Really. I have been hearing a few users on here say that Wolf should be cut for some reasons but I'm not sure.

One thing for sure is. Wolf is one of the most likely characters to get cut. But who knows.

And neat of that picture of Mario. If they make a another Mario movie. That would fit good for Mario. He looks awesome if he was real.

justaway12

Smash Master
I thought Ivysaur was the least liked, lol. But then again, those Pokemon are so loved, that I can't even tell the diffrence of who is liked the most.

EEEEAHHH!!!! I thought Mario was cute not ugly. @_@
it's true last time i checked ivysaur was the least liked and charizard was most popular

MARIO IS CUTE although if he lived in the real world.... actually he'd still be cute that mario picture is the cutest real thing i've ever seen.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Hey you know. I just had an idea. How about this for SSB4.

I think the roster for SSB4 should be 48 playable characters, but in addiction there can be 2 Downloadable Characters. Here's an idea for a roster for SSB4.

Starters:

Mario
Yoshi
Peach
Bowser
Wario
Mona
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Fox McCloud
Krystal
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Ike
Pit
Olimar
Isaac
Lip

Unlockables:

Jigglypuff
Marth
Luigi
Dixie Kong
Ness
Sonic
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Falco Lombardi
Waluigi
Captain Falcon
Toon Link
Black Shadow
Lyndis
King K. Rool
Wolf O'Donnell
Ganondorf
Meowth
Paper Mario
Snake
R.O.B.
Lucario
Mr. Game & Watch

Downloadable:

Mewtwo
Megaman

Note this is just an idea roster for SSB4, but I hope you guys think that this idea for a roster is good. Just giving out a idea.

kid x

Smash Apprentice
Hey you know. I just had an idea. How about this for SSB4.

I think the roster for SSB4 should be 48 playable characters, but in addiction there can be 2 Downloadable Characters. Here's an idea for a roster for SSB4.

Starters:

Mario
Yoshi
Peach
Bowser
Wario
Mona
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Fox McCloud
Krystal
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Ike
Pit
Olimar
Isaac
Lip

Unlockables:

Jigglypuff
Marth
Luigi
Dixie Kong
Ness
Sonic
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Falco Lombardi
Waluigi
Captain Falcon
Toon Link
Black Shadow
Lyndis
King K. Rool
Wolf O'Donnell
Ganondorf
Meowth
Paper Mario
Snake
R.O.B.
Lucario
Mr. Game & Watch

Downloadable:

Mewtwo
Megaman

Not this is just an idea roster for SSB4, but I hope you guys think that this idea for a roster is good. Just giving out a idea.
I accept, I would be satisfied if this was the SSB4 roster. Then again other people might want other characters in, but I just wanna see King K. Rool in.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Regarding the Star Fox series, this is how I believe it will be handled:

1) Wolf will be cut and become designated as an alternate costume for Fox.

2) Falco will have a revamped move-set based on some weapons that have actually appeared in the Star Fox series. (I'm using my laptop, but I were on my main PC, I'd post my Falco move-set. Basically, his specials include a laser Sniper, Smart Bombs, a Barrel Roll recovery attack, and a laser gatling gun. His Smash attacks and tilts involve Falco kicking his reflector, attacking with his wings, and attacking with his tail.)

As for new Nintendo series to be represented in the form of playable characters, I think the following series will get representation:

-Animal Crossing: It was pathetic that an AC character wasn't included in Brawl.

-Advance Wars: The character could use CO powers, wrenches, and even summon troops to attack.

-Custom Robo: A simple gun, pod, bomb and dash set-up.

-Golden Sun: While by the time SSB4 is released, Golden Sun The Lost Age may even be 9 years old, the series still needs Smash representation.

Mii Series: Obviously a Mii character would be cool. Imagine the possibilities this would open up for Machinimas. (Note, if the new Nintendo console that SSB4 is released on does not have Mii's, there could be an in game editor to customize them).

As for new characters from established series go, my list is as follows:

-Ridley
-Tingle
-Krystal
-Bowser Jr.
-9-Volt: 9-Volt comes from the Wario series. He can be used as a conduit to include many old 8-bit gaming characters in the form of his attacks.
-New generation Pokemon

In terms of 3rd party characters, I'd like to see both Megaman and Ryu (Street Fighter).

My full list looks something like this:

Removed Characters:
-Wolf, to be re-designated as an alternate costume for Fox.
-Lucario, to be replaced by a new, more popular Pokemon, and to be a Mewtwo alt.
-Zero Suit Samus, to make room for a much better Metroid Character.
-Ike, to be replaced by a more recent Fire Emblem character. If Ike is re-used in another Fire Emblem game, he will be kept in the Smash series.

Re-vamped characters:
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link

Re-introduced characters:
-Mewtwo

Alternate Costumes:
-Dr.Mario-Mario
-Roy-Marth
-Wolf-Fox
-Ocarina Link-Link
-Johto/Hoenn/Orre/Sinnoh Trainers-Pokemon Trainer
-Daisy-Peach
-Shadow-Sonic
-Alternate Game&Watch models-Game&Watch
-Paultena-Pit
-Lucario-Mewtwo
-Roll-Megaman
-Ken-Ryu

New Characters:
-Ridley
-Krystal
-Tingle
-Bowser Jr.
-9-Volt
-New gen Pokemon
-Ray MKII
-KK Rider
-Isaac
-Andy
-Mii
-Megaman
-Ryu
-New FE rep if Ike goes

-That's 35 returning characters from Brawl (3 of which have new move-sets)
-1 returning Melee character
-14 new characters (2 new third parties)
-And 15 alternate costumes

So

-5O characters
-15 alternate costumes

justaway12

Smash Master
i don't think ike will be removed he appered in the latest fire emblem game i think (radient dawn) but i still think micahiah will come alongside marth and ike (but i still hate her), i hope figter characters don't come in i would hate to see that

justaway12

Smash Master
LMAO! This picture is gold, I like it. Some one make an avatar of this please.

How dare you say that to my thrid most wanted Brawl chracter. D:<
what, i said she should come in, wouldn't you like that useless no good waste of space pleasant girl in brawl?

@unclesam: sothe isn't as important to the story as michicah, she was the main character

an off topic edit: that was my avatar for a while but i can't make him go into my peach border anymore :mad088:

§leepy God

Smash Master
I think Sothe might be in instead of Micahiah
Micaiah is a Fire Embelm Lord, Sothe being one of the main character, he's not the main importance of the story in RD, and he holds a knife as a weapon, double wammy. But he would be cool.

what i said should come in, wouldn't like that useless idiotic pleasant girl in brawl?

an off topic edit: that was my avatar for a while but i can't make him go into my peach border anymore
You have to baby her to make her the strongest magic user in the game. Don't forget that her powers would make her a intresting Smasher.

And I forgot how fan crazy the Peach borders are, lol, but Mario is in the same sieries. O_o

justaway12

Smash Master
You have to baby her to make her the strongest magic user in the game. Don't forget that her powers would make her a intresting Smasher.

And I forgot how fan crazy the Peach borders are, lol, but Mario is in the same sieries. O_o
I wouldn't know a lot about her magic powers she was always kept in the sideline it's almost the end of the story and i think she's like level 20 or something so don't ask me something like that.

I really am trying my best with these border things i like mario much more than peach. Lets just get one thing straight i'm a fan of mario not peach she just keeps getting in the way .....and i don't mind :bee:

UncleSam

Smash Master
she was always kept in the sideline
I'm thinking along those lines, she can't really defend herself unless with a spell, so if she were to have a moveset it would probably be something like Zelda's.
And I wouldn't know what to do for aerials.

justaway12

Smash Master
I'm thinking along those lines, she can't really defend herself unless with a spell, so if she were to have a moveset it would probably be something like Zelda's.
She is a Spellcaster but the moveset could just be made up for example she could calll yune and attack her foes or just some close range magic. she is probably powerful but i just didn't like her enough to make her fight that's what i meant by the sidelines thing.

edit: sorry about my some of my posts i suck at grammer :ohwell: and the sleepy one we are getting slightly off topic we're both basically agreeing that she has a very good chance to get in it's just that i hate her and you don't but i think sothe would make a good assist trophy.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
well, shes always carrying around a magic tome, right? she could just beat people over the head with that (think: rita from tales of vesperia, if youve played that)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
micahiah doesn't carry around anything she uses her hands.
You played Fire Embelm and don't look at the spell casters hands? I know just about every magic user has a book in they're hands when they use magic, they hands glow while they do the magic. If you look at the first movie clip in RD, Micaiah was holding a light tome in the clip, the final attack one she was holding a staff. When Micaiah goes into battle, if you equip her with a light magic tome, she will hold a light magic book, when she holds a staff, she holds that staff, I think the staff looks will show in battle, it might be out side the battle to, I need to play the game again to see.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
You played Fire Embelm and don't look at the spell casters hands? I know just about every magic user has a book in they're hands when they use magic, they hands glow while they do the magic. If you look at the first movie clip in RD, Micaiah was holding a light tome in the clip, the final attack one she was holding a staff. When Micaiah goes into battle, if you equip her with a light magic tome, she will hold a light magic book, when she holds a staff, she holds that staff, I think the staff looks will show in battle, it might be out side the battle to, I need to play the game again to see.

yeah i forgot how it was in the game too, i remember that opening scene now though where she definitely has a tome. and yes, those 'card' things are tomes. they're actually big books. heavy books. useful for beating people over the head books.

justaway12

Smash Master
yeah i forgot how it was in the game too, i remember that opening scene now though where she definitely has a tome. and yes, those 'card' things are tomes. they're actually big books. heavy books. useful for beating people over the head books.
ohh those books were tomes well now i feel stupid :embarrass oh and i don't really look at the spellcasters hand the animation was switched off because it was a waste of time sorry about that.:laugh:

majora_787

Smash Hero
The Mario picture scared me...

I don't care if they cut Electroplankton. I don;t care if they break into houses and cut it from brawl And add Ridley. : D

Micaiah, I dislike Micaiah and would prefer Sothe, but I guess she has a way better chance of being in. In the long run, I don't care.

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice
The most likey thought to me is the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, since it's too many Kanto Pokemon and everything. I think Wolf is too important in the Star Fox sieres to get kicked out.[/QUOTE]

I think it would be a bad idea to do that, since the Pokemon Trainer seems to be like the "nostalgic" Pokemon character. It would go against the point of the character to give him different Pokemon.

Besides, if the first generation is the most popular and recognizable, why shouldn't it have the most Pokemon slots?

"My Lucario has been dropped in favor of a new Pokémon...that's fine...except JIGGLY-F***IN'-PUFF IS STILL HERE!!!"
Why is that bad? I'm sure Jigglypuff is still more popular and recognizable than Mewtwo or Lucario, and it's more unique than most other Smash characters.

Also, why do people think or expect that clones will be totally removed in later Smash games? They've been a series staple since the beginning, and most fighting games have them. Why would people expect them to be gone?

espio87

Smash Ace
For the next FE rep I would prefer Ephraim. Making up a moveset with his lance would be interesting.

Hanenbow doesn't feel like it belongs in Smash, so I wouldn't mind if it's taken out.
Past stages that should return: Hyrule Castle and Saffron City from 64 with updated graphics. From Melee: Peach's Castle, Great Bay and Fourside.
New stage: Shell 1 to Shell 2 connecting bridge from MGS2: It should be almost a direct port from the Dream Mix TV: World Fighters stage. It should also include Solidus coming every now and then with his Harrier as a stage hazard. Oh, and please Kojima, put the Sons of Liberty song back.

NOOOO THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE.
That must be the reason why Nintendo didn't want the Wii to have graphics like the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom