• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Things I hope for in SSB 4:

1.) No tripping
2.) Harder CPUs
3.) More versatile stage editing/creating
4.) Gamecube controller compatability
5.) More social networking options, i.e. WiFi messaging
6.) I want Young Link back!!
1.) try out Brawl+
2.) they should add a 10th level it being the ultimate difficulty for each character
3.) of course
4.) what do you mean? you can use a GC controller in Brawl
5.) they should incorperate Wii Speak into online play
6.) who doesn't!
1) SSB4 shouldn't have random tripping. As mush as I hate tripping, I refuse to alter my Brawl.
2) Even with 20 difficulty levels, the CPU will never be as good as an experienced human. Especially when the smartest CPU can still be tricked into doing whatever you want to do to them.
3) Brawl's Stage Creator was a good 1st step, now there's no excuse for the next one to be better.
4) He means for SSB4.
5) I just want an online mode that's good. I'm not a fan of online speak myself, so I can go either way on that. But just finding people to fight online would be a blessing. The online in Brawl was half-*****.
6) Then hope Young Link makes a return in a later LoZ game. I personally don't see the big deal. Toon Link, Young Link, Adult Link, whatever, as long as the character doesn't suck (so the best bet is to make him play like Toon Link).

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
As much as I like Majora's Mask, I don't think that Young Link should come back unless if they kick out Toon Link or have him use his mask forms instead of fighting as a human. It would be pretty neat to play as the Mask transformations in Smash just as long as they don't use the stupid stamina and forced switching mechanics that ruined Pokemon Trainer. Mask Link (without stamina and forced switching) can kick out the stamina and forced switching cursed Pokemon Trainer and I wouldn't care.

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if anyone's said this yet. But, there's 900+ pages to read through. Mega Man would be an awful character for SSB4.

All his attacks would be ranged. Which would make him great... until you closed the distance, and beat his teeth in. Zero, on the other hand... would be interesting. But, moving away from Mega Man stuff.

1: Tripping, gone.
2: Keep Snake. Yes, I know, people think he's really too good. So, change him slightly, whatever.
3: Make L-cancel an OPTION. You don't have to make it always there. Bringing me to...
4: More Options. A LOT more.
5: Less Legendary Pokemon out of Pokeballs. Seriously, wayyyy to many.
6: Fix Final Destination.
7: Double the current cast of characters. Make each of the new ones as different from both each other, and the current characters as possible.
8: Hit Stun must make a dramatic return!
9: Just because a character is better than another one, does not mean you should make that character worse. Rather, improve the one that sucks.
10: Physics. Not these crazy Brawl Physics. I don't wanna casually stroll over to my opponent, and say, "Hey, what's up? I'm kicking you," and have them reply with, "I'm punching your kick! Not too much man. Oh, here comes my attack!" I like the speed. The power.
11: Waluigi playable.
12: Remove G&W as a character, replace with something less 2D.
13: Individual Story Modes. Yes, I know, it's terribly difficult. And, yes, they'd all end in a similar fashion. But, wouldn't it be great to have a story mode... That only repeated with one character? That'd make clearing all of it at LEAST interesting.
14: More Single Player Modes. Yes, I'm demanding.
15: Get rid of Final Smashes as a balancing feature of characters (I'm looking at you, Sonic.) Any character should be able to hold their own, with or without items turned on.
16: More Kirby Hats. I say this, because now that he can eat items, he should be able to gain different, sometimes silly, powers. "Rolling Crate Kirby!" "Beam Kirby!" And, the hat I want most: "Kirby Kirby!" Then, your nB attack would just... damage, rather than eat. Would be nifty.
17: Revamp Team Mode. Make combo attacks. Mario and Luigi would get a better Fireball. Mario and Bowser could be almost like the Hammer, but, stationary, and spinning... Marth and Ike could do some dancy sword attack combo thing. I mean, that'd really change the way Team was viewed. Of course, if we go with get rid of smash balls, this is just me being silly.
18: Frame by Frame mode. Screw it, just build it in. We'll find it anyways. Charge an extra $10 for it, or whatever. I don't care.
19: Make Sheik and Zelda separate. Give them different vB.
20: Include some of those ever classic stages from N64 version. They were good then. They still are.
21: If you're going to be a jerk, and not revert back, in any way, to some of the greatness from Melee, at least add "Melee Mode" as an option, or something.
22: A really cool title, and you're all set!

Phew! Okay, this is all subject to revision after I sleep. >_>

VirTu3

Smash Rookie
I think the idea of a Combo Meter (they could call it a Smash Bar or Meter or whatever) that rises when you combo and lets you use your Final Smash would be perfect. Whenever you pull 3 moves of in succession without letting the target hit the ground it starts to rise, more and more with each successive move. If you get comboe dback, you lose Energy instead. And just so 2 Final Smashes couldn't activate at once, once a single Smash Guage was full, the others could get ALMOST full but never truly fill until the filled player used his attack. The only flaw here is that people would spam Jab combos, moves like Fox's D-air and F-air, and falco lasers.

Anotehr cool addition would be ammunition. This could cut down on spam greatly, withe each character having a certain number of lasers/arrows/bombs, etc. they could use before running out. This would reset after they got killed.

Finally, I think that Final Smashes should be more balanced if and when they return. I dont just mean Sonic/Fox, Falco, Wolf... I mean characters like Lucario, Pit, etc. deserve better.
I was thinking that in order to do a combo you have to link together 2 or more moves instead of one move. Thats why in my first post i said a "more than 2 MOVE combo" instead of 2 hits. Ammunition is cool but if some1 like link runs out of bombs or arrow's, his mind game, and moves that cut your momentum would be gone therefore making him almost impossible to use. If there was some kind of way to restock on ammo that would be great.
Or maybe characters would have unlimited ammo but it has to reload, and that reload would prevent spam, also the reload time would keep opponents paying attention to whether you have full ammo or not. The reload time can be canceled but if its canceled your not reloaded so you have to find a way to bide time and reload.

ike_climbers

Smash Rookie
I hope they:
*add more female characters: Daisy, Pauline, Rosalina, Dixie Kong, Mona, Ashley, Kat & Ana, Captain Syrup, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Krystal, Lyn, Eirika
*add more item welding characters: Hector(Axe), Ephraim(Lance), Ganon(Trident), Sheik(Knife)
*add more heavyweights: King K.Rool, Toon Ganondorf, Black Shadow, Black Knight, Samurai Goroh, Eggplant Wizard
*give a sword to Zelda and Ganondorf and give them new moves and that they pass zelda's old moves to Toon Zelda and Ganondorf's old moves to Black Shadow
*better wi-fi: no lag, keep score(wins, losses), downloadable tournaments like in Mario Kart Wii, compatible with Wii Speak(if they make SSB4 for the Wii)

Other than more characters and stages that's about it.

kid x

Smash Apprentice
Zero, on the other hand... would be interesting. But, moving away from Mega Man stuff.

2: Keep Snake. Yes, I know, people think he's really too good. So, change him slightly, whatever.
3: Make L-cancel an OPTION. You don't have to make it always there. Bringing me to...
7: Double the current cast of characters. Make each of the new ones as different from both each other, and the current characters as possible.
9: Just because a character is better than another one, does not mean you should make that character worse. Rather, improve the one that sucks.
13: Individual Story Modes. Yes, I know, it's terribly difficult. And, yes, they'd all end in a similar fashion. But, wouldn't it be great to have a story mode... That only repeated with one character? That'd make clearing all of it at LEAST interesting.
15: Get rid of Final Smashes as a balancing feature of characters (I'm looking at you, Sonic.) Any character should be able to hold their own, with or without items turned on.
16: More Kirby Hats. I say this, because now that he can eat items, he should be able to gain different, sometimes silly, powers. "Rolling Crate Kirby!" "Beam Kirby!" And, the hat I want most: "Kirby Kirby!" Then, your nB attack would just... damage, rather than eat. Would be nifty.
17: Revamp Team Mode. Make combo attacks. Mario and Luigi would get a better Fireball. Mario and Bowser could be almost like the Hammer, but, stationary, and spinning... Marth and Ike could do some dancy sword attack combo thing. I mean, that'd really change the way Team was viewed. Of course, if we go with get rid of smash balls, this is just me being silly.
18: Frame by Frame mode. Screw it, just build it in. We'll find it anyways. Charge an extra $10 for it, or whatever. I don't care.
20: Include some of those ever classic stages from N64 version. They were good then. They still are.
21: If you're going to be a jerk, and not revert back, in any way, to some of the greatness from Melee, at least add "Melee Mode" as an option, or something.

I agree with THESE things. Some I took out.

espio87

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if anyone's said this yet. But, there's 900+ pages to read through. Mega Man would be an awful character for SSB4.
All his attacks would be ranged. Which would make him great... until you closed the distance, and beat his teeth in. Zero, on the other hand... would be interesting. But, moving away from Mega Man stuff.
You never played Marvel vs. Capcom, did you? While he had a deal of ranged weapons (Leaf Shield, Tornado Hold, Rock Ball and Mega Buster) he also proved to be a good fighter at close range (he even had his slide move from Megaman 3)

5: Less Legendary Pokemon out of Pokeballs. Seriously, wayyyy to many.
6: Fix Final Destination.
10: Physics. Not these crazy Brawl Physics. I don't wanna casually stroll over to my opponent, and say, "Hey, what's up? I'm kicking you," and have them reply with, "I'm punching your kick! Not too much man. Oh, here comes my attack!" I like the speed. The power.
12: Remove G&W as a character, replace with something less 2D.

I disagree with 5, 12 and 19.
5: They are the selling point of the pokemon franchise lately, so they should add them.
12: If Mario is Mr. Nintendo, then Mr. Game & Watch is the father of Nintendo. And I'm not saying that because his body is completely black like Darth Vader. The Game & Watches are what made Nintendo what is today and the best tribute to its past and to the creator of the gameboy (forgot his name) is to keep him in the roster.
19: They're perfect as they are now.

You got me interested with 17, it would be really cool if it were to be applied.

VirTu3

Smash Rookie
G&W is the man! Whats wrong with nintendo showing respect to their masterpieces back in those days. I maybe be too young to have even played the G&W Series but i was playing Nintendo games since i was 2 years old, eventually i played the G&W just to learn about Nintendo history. The DS resembles one of the G&W games.

And this might anger some but bucket breaking: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=UuXBIYnMuTE

Zylar

Smash Ace
Physics
1. No tripping.

Stages
2. Take out those lip edges from the stages.
3. Take out those ungrabbale edges.
4. Allow far more options in custom stages.
a) Different elements - Hazards, Noninteractive scenery, invisible blocks.
b) More than three themes.
aa) More than three background.
bb) No more forced to keep the same theme as the background.
c) Option for more than one playable song.
d) More sizes and angles.
e) Fix those glitches.
5. Bring back each past stages from every Smash game.
6. Don't create another 75 mm.
7. Allow only the option to make certain custom stages to be picked by random.

Characters:
8. Bring back Mewtwo and beef him up.
8. Bring back Roy and change his moveset.
9. Bring back Pichu and drastically change his moveset + no self inflicting attacks. >.<
10. Bring back Dr. Mario just cuz.
11. Introduce Bowser Jr., Geno, Issac, Shadow, Cloud, Ridley, Krystal ect. (<-- Are just examples. Get MOAR characters.)

CPUs
12. Make them WAY harder, and smarter. Throw in an impossible lvl. (If possible to create.)
13. Allow custom difficulty levels. Allow us to record options for them. (Epic)

1P
14. Somehow make Classic Mode more interesting. Like a timer, storyline or something.
15. Never another Great Maze.
16. Make coins far harder to earn. It is to easy to get the max amount of coins, and have nothing to spend it on.

Items
17. Either choose less legendaries, or more pokemon. Bring back mortal (killable) pokemon.
18. Greater variety in Assist Trophies.
19. Make an option for random items. :D

20: Need I say it?
lag
21: More playing options
22: No more friend codes
23: Allow the FFAs with everyone rules to be changeable.
24: Censor those taunts.

2P
25: Lengthen max replay length.
26: Make Miis playable. (JK JK, lol, XD)
27: More taunts. Yes, we need more taunts, like up diagnol or something, for a total of 7!
28: Allow in team battles the option for tapping in. (Only two players fight at a time, then if a player presses the tap out button, the team mate taps in and fight. They enter from the center though, and a limit to how many tap ins can occur.)
29: Automatically close the winner screen after some time to avoid the annoying "Someone forgot to press start." scenario.
30: Allow three verses three as an team battle option only. >:D

Camera
31: Allow unrestricted camera.
32: Create different filters, or modes. Like B&W, inverse color, or wavy.
33: When you pause, allow it to be possible to move characters and items while still paused. This way it's easier to make great pics.

This is my ideas for SSB4. Some of them are possible in brawl (Like unrestricted camera.), but I want them to be standard for the next one.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol at whoever said 'make l-cancel an option'.

it WAS an option in melee, you could choose not to press L when you landed!
What other button is there that make's land cancel useful? I don't think using attack buttons is very useful performing this move, maybe the dodge button will be diffrent.... maybe not.

smashbros.maniac

Smash Cadet
I think that they should add every character from every game, xD every stage from every game, every item from every game, make online WAY better, make the stage builder more cool, add characters from everywhere, and make the characters more customizable! B)

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
lol at whoever said 'make l-cancel an option'.

it WAS an option in melee, you could choose not to press L when you landed!
Yes, I mean, make it an option that you can turn on / off.

For instance: When was the last time you L-Canceled in Brawl? :D

Please, don't think I'm totally foolish just because I'm new. I know you don't have to L-Cancel in Melee. But, if you turned it on, so that you could, instead of Auto-Cancel (see Brawl), it'd change the game. Even if only slightly. Add a tiny, tiny bit more skill to it. Improve competition.

That's why you make it an option.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Edgeguarding means both holding onto the edge (actually edgehogging, which is what you meant) and staying near the edge and attacking so the opponent can't get back. For the 2nd, you really can't stop players from standing next to the edge and trying to repel you, and for the 1st, the opponent can be knocked off the edge if they've been there for longer than a second.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Not more edgeguarding. There's nothing more annoying than being punished for trying to recover.
Edge guarding is hard to do in a 4vs match. Since everyone is gunning for everyone else, it will be harder to edge guard while not being attacked. It works in 1v1 because you have nothing else bothering you if you have to wait for your opponent to be in range. This makes characters who can do it much easier (like Captain Falcon and characters with spikes) better since they do not need to worry about making it out there.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
how bout a random char select ( not the ? mark) like you can choose who you want to be random like random stage select

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
how bout a random char select ( not the ? mark) like you can choose who you want to be random like random stage select
Honestly, I would like this idea to become true, there are the times that when I pick random, it will be the same character twice in a row, or three times, this is happaning occationaly, (sorry I can't spell that word). To add on that, have random at the below the characters on the chracter select screen.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Honestly, I would like this idea to become true, there are the times that when I pick random, it will be the same character twice in a row, or three times, this is happaning occationaly, (sorry I can't spell that word). To add on that, have random at the below the characters on the chracter select screen.

i want it mostly for themed tourni's

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
i want it mostly for themed tourni's
Ehhh... Do you mean like... "Star Fox Tournament!" or something? Cause, the 'best' group for that would be "Mario Tournament!" and then, you'd have a decent (but, still VERY limited) selection. After that, you got a few Pokemon, and some other repeats... But, not enough for a function to be added.

On the other hand, if you're saying, "Tournament competitive characters," to select... well, that's not exactly fair, is it? That's kinda... all the perks of random, with none of the drawbacks. "I'm bot unpredictable, and using only four characters, which are randomly determined for me!" Kinda... unfair for a lot of people.

I understand what you're asking for here. It's not totally unreasonable... But, I just don't think they'd do it, ya know?

Scott!

Smash Lord
I doubt they'd ever implement this random character selection thing, even though it is an interesting idea. I wouldn't ind it, but I don't think it's that important. Honestly, I think they should have the random choice show before the match, like in Melee. Sure, the surprise is fun, but really, getting repeats is annoying. So is getting one of the characters I really hate playing, like Wario or Yoshi. Maybe having it show beforehand could be turned on or off?

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
I doubt they'd ever implement this random character selection thing, even though it is an interesting idea. I wouldn't ind it, but I don't think it's that important. Honestly, I think they should have the random choice show before the match, like in Melee. Sure, the surprise is fun, but really, getting repeats is annoying. So is getting one of the characters I really hate playing, like Wario or Yoshi. Maybe having it show beforehand could be turned on or off?
In truth, I think that's what a large number of people want, don't you? I mean, sure, we want more characters, and different stages, and changes, and all that... But, it seems a large number of people wouldn't mind them turning a large, large, LARGE number of ideas... just into plain old options.

Alternatively, perhaps a 'Hard Random' like the question mark, and a 'Soft Random' like it was in Melee. That way, you get the best of both worlds, right? Just an empty space (with a semi-transparent question mark) in one corner, and the character select like it is in Brawl in another corner. Because, a lot of people really love the (as I call it) 'Hard Random'.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Why SSB4? I'm MAKING a smash bros pc game with game maker pro!

Btw,my fangame, Super Smash Bros Crusade will include 74 characters and 60 stages, more than SSB4 will ever have!! Just thought I'd point that out. It's not like I'm PROMOTING THE GAME or anything.

VirTu3

Smash Rookie
Why SSB4? I'm MAKING a smash bros pc game with game maker pro!

Btw,my fangame, Super Smash Bros Crusade will include 74 characters and 60 stages, more than SSB4 will ever have!! Just thought I'd point that out. It's not like I'm PROMOTING THE GAME or anything.
Whats it going to look like? what type of physics is it going to have? will it have a smash feel?? what type of graphics card would you need to play this ssbc?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
CPUs
12. Make them WAY harder, and smarter. Throw in an impossible lvl. (If possible to create.)
Regarding CPU difficulty levels...

Level 1s should play like the Melee level 1s since the Melee level 1s meet the criteria of being very easy. They rarely attack, they never perfect shield, heck they never even perform grab attempts. Perfect for the easiest skill level.

Level 3s would play like the Melee level 5s in terms of attacking more frequently, but still will have no experience with shield grabs or perfect shielding. They may try to do a grab attempt, but will never do dash grabs.

Level 5s would imitate the Brawl level 1s. They'll perfect shield and shield grab pretty frequently. They'll also attack more often and perform dash grabs when possible.

Level 7s would imitate Brawl level 9s. They'll pursue players mercilessly and use their attacks relentlessly. They'll do smash attacks, perfect shields, shield grabs, AND even dash grabs.

Level 9s would play no differently than the Brawl level 9s apart from being more vicious with the smash attacks, perfect shields, and shield grabs.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Melee gameplay + brawl 3D models(graphics) + more characters = WIN

pretty much anything that brawl already has except for brawl's physics, gameplay, game mechanics etc.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It kind of sucks that we can't really start "campaigning" for another 4-5 years though.
True, hopfully I won't give up on games when that comes, (what am I taking about, games 4 life). But when people can campain again, Lip's Flower Garden will be open for the Lip fans.

Melee gameplay + brawl 3D models(graphics) + more characters = WIN

pretty much anything that brawl already has except for brawl's physics, gameplay, game mechanics etc.
I guess that's alright as long as theres no wavedashing.... should I really say why I don't like it. XD

Oh yea, don't forget that they should never add Masterpiece mode with a little time demo, or Nintendo Chornicals ever again.

justaway12

Smash Master
Well i'm here so i might aswell say that Jigglypuff should get her rest back or at least not sleep as long, Peachs Dsmash should come back maybe not as powerful as it was in melee but still, Mario NEEDS to be buffed more, no/little Pokemon fatigue and Links recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom