• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Smash should not have another single-player campain. It just doesn't transfer well as a single player game. Making the SSE took a ton of development time that could of been used to make the fighting mechanics better.
i thought the fighting mechanics were just fine.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I personally liked the SSE though i agree on how the great maze was boring and annoying. Also when they made SSE they had a separate group to make it so it wouldn't be a problem with the time. I think they personally took out wavedancing and such for no apparent reason. I don't think SSE interuptted with anything else. I am looking forward to the next adventure mode and how it will come out.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
May I suggest a day and night feature?

For certain stages, the player could choose to fight during the day, during the night, or have the battle alternate from day to night at different time periods. Although, some stages could be all day or all night.
Similar to Sonic Unleashed, but without the Werehog? :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Similar to Sonic Unleashed, but without the Werehog? :laugh:
I'm fairly certain there are better examples you can compare it to than Sonic unleashed simply because of the fact game play changes depending on whether it's day or night.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
A different example like Mario Super Sluggers maybe?
Like luigi's mansion is only accessible at night and there a few changes between night and day.

My question is what happens on inside of places like Castle siege, second part, or Firgate Orpheon?

Would they stay the same all the time or would they get slightly darker in the night?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A different example like Mario Super Sluggers maybe?
Like luigi's mansion is only accessible at night and there a few changes between night and day.

My question is what happens on inside of places like Castle siege, second part, or Firgate Orpheon?

Would they stay the same all the time or would they get slightly darker in the night?
If it's a stage that's inside, and it's lit by sunlight, it wouldn't get any darker at night

$gt.Monkey

Smash Rookie
I think that they should have two final specails final smashes and a final beatdown.For instance marios final smash:Mario finale Final beatdown:Super Mario (simulair to super sonic)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Night and day options wouldn't really add anything to the game.

Alzi

Smash Master
I've been having an idea that next smash should have 6 playable characters at once instead of 4 if the next system allows it. As smash gets bigger the people that play it does too. It would allow for perties where people play smash. Also if you don't like two many players at once you just reduce the number like always. It would resize a few stages (yoshi's story is a bit bigger). Also during online with anyone you could have 5 people on the same console.It would reduce lag by a bit.
That idea is very bad. They put 12 playable characters on mario kart wii and that just made the item hax online so bad that you never want to play the game again.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
The night and day options would just shake things up a bit so you don't keep looking at the same thing

justaway12

Smash Master
I think that they should have two final specails final smashes and a final beatdown.For instance marios final smash:Mario finale Final beatdown:Super Mario (simulair to super sonic)
Yes exactly everyone should listen to this man/woman i was very angry at some peoples final smashes, with 2 it should be better and have a slightly less chance of being dissapointing

@PsychoIncarnate: i think it should add something like a stage hazards or something like that and even if it doesn't add anything it could make it look better like KOF.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
This wouldn't work.
Unless they make a Surfing Pikachu Final Beatdown.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I think Krayo means the lack of wavedashing, lag canceling, etc.
It's not all about the advanced techniques. I was thinking of changes of the game engine to make the game less defensive. Make the shields shrink faster and bring back shield stun or something like that. However, not too much nerfing to the defensive game to make the game too offensive like SSB64 was.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
if they can make something as unique as the volt tackle i don't see why they can't make something else like that plus that would also help ZSS if they make a smash that will not turn to samus and the other way around aswell.
If you're playing with ZSS and absolutely don't want to get the Smash Ball just stop your opponent from getting it, or start off as Samus, so you'll have the chance to either FS to ZSS, or use your taunt transformation.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i don't like the idea of multiple Final Smashes per person because it's to intricate and kind of cheapens the whole thing.

Some final smashes should get better and some should get toned down, but overall i think they kind of level the playing field. (ex: sonic sucks so he has an awesome final smash but metaknight is really good so his final smash sucls)

justaway12

Smash Master
If you're playing with ZSS and absolutely don't want to get the Smash Ball just stop your opponent from getting it, or start off as Samus, so you'll have the chance to either FS to ZSS, or use your taunt transformation.
If people play ZSS and start as samus you'll have a disadvantage and there isn't a 100% percent chance you would get it (the smash ball).If you start of as ZSS and you don't want the enemy to get it would be hard protecting it and it's also hard to keep it in you for the whole match when any random hit can knock it off, it's much easier for a final smash that doesn't turn you to samus.

@mythic2: you can't use final smashs in tornaments or anything like that it should just be used for fun and 2 final smashs would be fun IMO.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I think a better idea than multiple final smashes would be just to separate ZSS and samus. That way you could choose to stay as one character.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
If people play ZSS and start as samus you'll have a disadvantage and there isn't a 100% percent chance you would get it (the smash ball).If you start of as ZSS and you don't want the enemy to get it would be hard protecting it and it's also hard to keep it in you for the whole match when any random hit can knock it off, it's much easier for a final smash that doesn't turn you to samus.

@mythic2: you can't use final smashs in tornaments or anything like that it should just be used for fun and 2 final smashs would be fun IMO.
If you're playing with ZSS and you have Smash Balls on, then you're gonna have to get used to playing as Samus, unless you let your opponent get the Smash Ball.

justaway12

Smash Master
I think a better idea than multiple final smashes would be just to separate ZSS and samus. That way you could choose to stay as one character.
But samus and ZSS are the same person you can't actually seperate them.

@jimnybob: but with two smashs you won't have to worry about playing with samus especially with people who like ZSS better why should you change from the top of D teir to an F teir

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
@jimneybob: i'm not saying for tournaments. I just think that final smashes are special and it would cheapen the idea too have multiple final smashes.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
@Ice!:though i'd like to see more representation you have to realize that smash only has sonic to please sonic fans and anymore would cost them money that would be wasted. For zero i think that megaman would be more likely because he is much better known and he's the main character in the series.

gantrain05

Smash Master
He was never conneted to mario like ZSS and samus because there was no change in the middle of a battle and what about the people who actually like both ZSS and samus, a multiple smash would be good to both ZSS, samus and ZSS & samus players.
well then those people can pick ZSS or samus, i really don't see why they have to be the same person....or they could at least have an easy transformation like zelda/shiek, the way they did ZSS and samus imo is pretty dumb.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
@Ice:it's true zero is cooler than megaman and i admit it.i'm just saying that most people know megaman better and he is, unfortunately, much more likely.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
We can't play both mario and luigi at the same time. I know they aren't connected as well but Zss and Samus have way different movesets so you might as well choose one or the other.

@ice:I admit zero is cooler than megaman but megaman is more well known. That means megaman is more likely to be picked regarless of how cool zero is.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
sorry for the double(now triple)post i didn't realize there was a new page. woops

justaway12

Smash Master
I think 2 final smash would be fun and would be more fun because it's never used in tournements fun is what it should be for, Since i'm not a samus main i wouldn't know about this but aren't bombs important in her fights so i don't think down B would be a good idea actually if i didn't remember down B was the bomb i would have suggested the easy transformation it's good for recovery i think.

@mythic02: Mario and luigi are completly different why would they be the same people.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
i meant that you can't play as two of your favorite characters at the same time so i don't think it's necessary to have to play asboth Zss and regular samus i have multiple mains so i take turns using them. the same thing could apply to Zss and samus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom