• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hurray. i have a better idea. These are all the synonyms for fight on dictionary.com

action, affray, altercation, argument, battle, battle royal*, bout, brawl, broil, brush, clash, combat, conflict, confrontation, contention, contest, controversy, difficulty, disagreement, dispute, dissension, dogfight, duel, engagement, exchange, feud, fisticuffs*, fracas, fray, free-for-all*, fuss, hostility, joust, match, melee, quarrel, riot, rivalry, round, row, ruckus, rumble, scrap*, scrimmage, scuffle, set-to*, skirmish, sparring match, strife, struggle, tiff, to-do*, tussle, war, wrangling
Don't double post. Edit your post if no one else has posted yet.

justaway12

Smash Master
Hurray. i have a better idea. These are all the synonyms for fight on dictionary.com

action, affray, altercation, argument, battle, battle royal*, bout, brawl, broil, brush, clash, combat, conflict, confrontation, contention, contest, controversy, difficulty, disagreement, dispute, dissension, dogfight, duel, engagement, exchange, feud, fisticuffs*, fracas, fray, free-for-all*, fuss, hostility, joust, match, melee, quarrel, riot, rivalry, round, row, ruckus, rumble, scrap*, scrimmage, scuffle, set-to*, skirmish, sparring match, strife, struggle, tiff, to-do*, tussle, war, wrangling
NO it has to be called collision WE MUST FOLLOW TRADITION.

these are the rules:
1.We MUST follow the back of the box.
2.Link will forever be low teir.
3.Capt. falcon PWNS YOU ALL.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Please dear God let them improve online play!!!!

As for any characters I would like introduced... hmm... I was really looking forward to Geno and Megaman, I could use without Sonic but we all know very well that would never happen lol. Definately buff up Snake's U-tilt, but that's a given.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Please dear God let them improve online play!!!!

As for any characters I would like introduced... hmm... I was really looking forward to Geno and Megaman, I could use without Sonic but we all know very well that would never happen lol. Definately buff up Snake's U-tilt, but that's a given.
Snake is already S tier...why give him buffs?

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure snake will be back in
He has a big fan base and all of them will be attracted in his inclusion
If they cut him i think nintendo won't sell as many copies of the next game as they could

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they cut him i think nintendo won't sell as many copies of the next game as they could
I bet they would if they added Cloud in his place.

(Yes, a forum with an edit button, I forgot about this!!!)

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
ehh, cloud is debatable. Yeah cloud has a huge fanbase but final fantasy changes main characters each game. You forget that both smash and the 3rd-parties games get advertisement when they add characters so the 3rd parties want newer advertisements. No one is still buying ff7. They either have it or they don't.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No, hardly anyone wanted Snake in. Snake's moveset is replaceable. Also, I think a Castlevania character would be a far better representative of Konami's history with Nintendo than Snake. If Snake was bottom tier, he would be at the top of everyone's "cut" list.

Also, what do you all think of Mii as a playable character? Mario Kart Wii has your Mii as a playable character, and we all know that Mario Kart is where Sakurai gets his roster ideas from...

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I think miis would be problematic. It would recquire a lot of finess. If they are miis on the next console they would have to have a separate mode to play miis because making your own moveset would probably include what traits do you want them to have making miis broken. Also if you invited someone over they would have to make a mii from scratch.

justaway12

Smash Master
I think miis would be problematic. It would recquire a lot of finess. If they are miis on the next console they would have to have a separate mode to play miis because making your own moveset would probably include what traits do you want them to have making miis broken. Also if you invited someone over they would have to make a mii from scratch.
Well they could have moves made instead of the players making it, They could give them the ability to copy somebodys moveset or they can even copy the alloys.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
No, hardly anyone wanted Snake in. Snake's moveset is replaceable. Also, I think a Castlevania character would be a far better representative of Konami's history with Nintendo than Snake. If Snake was bottom tier, he would be at the top of everyone's "cut" list.

Also, what do you all think of Mii as a playable character? Mario Kart Wii has your Mii as a playable character, and we all know that Mario Kart is where Sakurai gets his roster ideas from...
Oh sh- Funky Kong.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Well they could have moves made instead of the players making it, They could give them the ability to copy somebodys moveset or they can even copy the alloys.
Or there could be a unique Mii moveset based on things like Wii Sports and such. They could use the various sports things like the baseball bat, golf club, etc. A bowling ball projectile would be epic win.

justaway12

Smash Master
Or there could be a unique Mii moveset based on things like Wii Sports and such. They could use the various sports things like the baseball bat, golf club, etc. A bowling ball projectile would be epic win.
That's what I meant in the first option but my expanations stinks :chuckle:.

@Ice!: why they seem like fun and are in a lot of games.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I think I remember hearing somewhere Sakurai didn't put Miis into Brawl, because they would take away focus from the other characters. There are (and will always be) tiers and most people use the top tier characters, so Miis (as long as they aren't broken) don't sound as bad as what Sakurai thinks.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I think I remember hearing somewhere Sakurai didn't put Miis into Brawl, because they would take away focus from the other characters. There are (and will always be) tiers and most people use the top tier characters, so Miis (as long as they aren't broken) don't sound as bad as what Sakurai thinks.
Most competitive players use the top tier characters.

I understand what Sakurai means; if Miis were to be in Smash, they'd most likely have to be customizable, and that takes the attention away from the 'real' characters that have history/significance behind them.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Where did Sakurai say that about Miis? I want links, not heresay.

justaway12

Smash Master
quote form sakurai: Of course, I think there was a possibility of taking Smash Bros. in a more casual-gaming direction. For example, we could make the art style simpler or make it possible to use Miis. However, with the various titles that the Wii was to offer, I felt that people were looking for something different. That’s the reason I decided in very early stages of development that the Wii pointer and motion movements would not be a primary feature of the game.

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol2_page1.jsp

apperently they felt that people were looking for something different

§leepy God

Smash Master
Sakurai should think about the popular vote instead of the little voice in his head
To me, I think he should screw the fans and make the game without any fan advice. But that's just my option.

Also, I believe the next Smash Bros should have at least one new button to use for some new moves, that would be cool, but that's my option again.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
quote form sakurai: Of course, I think there was a possibility of taking Smash Bros. in a more casual-gaming direction. For example, we could make the art style simpler or make it possible to use Miis. However, with the various titles that the Wii was to offer, I felt that people were looking for something different. That’s the reason I decided in very early stages of development that the Wii pointer and motion movements would not be a primary feature of the game.

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol2_page1.jsp
He doesn't give a clear cut reason as to why he didn't want Miis. Considering that Brawl's gameplay was vastly simplified compared to Melee, he did decide to make Smash Bros. take a more casual route. Also, I don't think the usage of Miis would necessarily "casualize" Smash Bros.

justaway12

Smash Master
He doesn't give a clear cut reason as to why he didn't want Miis. Considering that Brawl's gameplay was vastly simplified compared to Melee, he did decide to make Smash Bros. take a more casual route. Also, I don't think the usage of Miis would necessarily "casualize" Smash Bros.
Well he said in his quote that they wanted something different "make it possible to use Miis. However, with the various titles that the Wii was to offer, I felt that people were looking for something different. " so I guess miis appered in too many games

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You were right about that; he did give a different reason for not using Miis. I take it that Miis had already appeared in many games on the Wii directed toward casual gamers, so Sakurai wanted to differentiate Smash Bros. from those.

Also, Smash Bros.' basic gameplay was not "vastly" simplified from Melee.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You were right about that; he did give a different reason for not using Miis. I take it that Miis had already appeared in many games on the Wii directed toward casual gamers, so Sakurai wanted to differentiate Smash Bros. from those.

Also, Smash Bros.' basic gameplay was not "vastly" simplified from Melee.
A lot of competitive Melee players would beg to differ.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
You have to realize most of the metagame was formed by players, not sakurai. There are still techniques that can be developed. Sakurai eliminated wavedashing and instead put in a feature that allows characters to turn around at full speed. Melee had 9 years to develope metagame so brawl could have some advanced technique waiting to be discovered.

UncleSam

Smash Master
To me, I think he should screw the fans and make the game without any fan advice. But that's just my option.

Also, I believe the next Smash Bros should have at least one new button to use for some new moves, that would be cool, but that's my option again.
1st- my view and yours are both extremes, either way could be good
2nd-you mean add a whole new button, if so we expect SSB4 to come out after a new system is released that's too long! just add downloadables in the Wii shop channel to obtain new characters, stages, items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom