• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
hell no!!! de blob sucks balls
yea de blob sucks balls. his game only got and 8.4 and was nominated for best wii game of the year. and if u ask me **** sucks. and her *** should get remover from the game. sorry but thats what i think

:jigglypuff::chainsaw:

D

Deleted member

You just lost all credibility for being against one of the single most likely characters for SSB4.
Most likely as in doesn't appear in Brawl and has no signs of even being considered for it - a kind of likely not often to be associated with a creature of common sense. ;)

I'm not against K. Rool whatsoever, I want the character in - if only for SmashBrosMike's sake - but he's not 'likely' in any way. Just because he's the next biggest thing in Donkey Kong, next to Dixey Kong [who is more likely, really], is no guarantee.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Most likely as in doesn't appear in Brawl and has no signs of even being considered for it - a kind of likely not often to be associated with a creature of common sense. ;)

I'm not against K. Rool whatsoever, I want the character in - if only for SmashBrosMike's sake - but he's not 'likely' in any way. Just because he's the next biggest thing in Donkey Kong, next to Dixey Kong [who is more likely, really], is no guarantee.
I see. Your rebuttal is pathetic, as, I'm afraid, are you.

D

Deleted member

Oh no you didn't, flyinfilipino.

Face it: Sakurai's more concerned with heroes than villains and Dixie is more widely-known.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Dixie has zero personality and no longer has any important roles. When she shows up in any game after DKC3, it's a cameo. K. Rool is still an actual character when he shows up and not an avatar in a generic spin off game. He's far more iconic, popular, and has all the more likelihood of having a more unique/non cloned moveset.

There are few locks out there, and if you can't regognize the ones that are plainily visible to any human with half a brain, there's little I can do about that.

D

Deleted member

Dixie is one of few Nintendo females in a prominant role and a protagonist - two attributes well-given in Smash. Sure, she may not appear much beyond DKC3, but the series has really veered off into something else since. Dixie has enough material to use even from before then, so I don't see any problems there.

I want K. Rool, but, after Brawl, I don't see him appearing. He's too obscure for one and not particularly interesting for two, being a forgettable and cliche villain.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
prominant role
I already adressed that in the previous post. Dixie has a role in 2 games, while K. Rool has a role in far more. I hate where DK has gone, but it can't be ignored. Still, one of the games before rare left even threw Dixie out for Tiny, so that's saying something.

As for K. Rool being a cliche villain, how is this relevant whatsoever? K. Rool is less generic then most of the horribly horribly generic Smash cast, and that also includes Dixie Kong. K. Rool has literally over ten times the amount of her in dialogue, still getting more screen time as a non random playable character regularly, while Dixie has gotten the shaft.

D

Deleted member

Even ignoring Dixie, I don't think it's likely we'll even see another DK character - if K. Rool is 'in', it could very well be as a boss character due to his stature, if Sakurai decides to waste time on the story mode again... he has potential, but he's not suited to Smash at all - like a more wooden Bowser. I just do not see K. Rool being likely for character positions if a SSB4 surfaces, because of these observations.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
K. Rool in his most common and thought of appearance is only around Brawl Bowser's size, and K. Rool wouldn't have to be too powerful to out muscle DK due to DK's power being nuked in Brawl in favor of more speed. I'd vomit if K. Rool were a boss.

And K. Rool has plenty of moveset potential. Being a heavy slow hitter is good if anything. How does being big and slow give less potential for moves? There are more small fast characters. Being a memeber of a smaller group is a good thing. We need more slow heavy hitters. And still on the topic of Dixie, she could still very easily be a full Diddy clone while it's physically impossibe for K. Rool to be a Bowser clone due to Bowser's many moves that use his shell.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Warlord, I told you already! It's bad for your health to look in the SSB4 thread because everybody is stupid in it and has no clue what they're talking about. Just stick to the user group!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
But nobody ever talks in the user group!
We get like five intelligent/serious posts a day in there. Compared to the two intelligent posts we get in this thread every week (usually from somebody in the user group), I'd say it's pretty impressive.

Seriously though, anybody who says Dixie > K. Rool is stupid.

D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong sucks and I'm trying to compensate for Sakurai's stupidity, not my own - neither MW or I are making these games, so why would it matter what we solely think of characters, really? I'm trying to look at things more objectively, although I've failed when I've said K. Rool is cliche... it hurts me to say it, but I think that is how Sakurai sees him; as a big, generic anthropomorphic cheeser.

SkylerOcon is the only idiot in this debate.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm trying to look at things more objectively, although I've failed when I've said K. Rool is cliche... it hurts me to say it, but I think that is how Sakurai sees him; as a big, generic anthropomorphic cheeser.

SkylerOcon is the only idiot in this debate.
I wouldn't say that (or the second thing either), since we've seen no real sign of K. Rool since his trophy in Melee, so we don't exactly know what Sakurai's planning.

I'd personally prefer Dixie Kong over K. Rool because I like monkeys. :bee: I guess I'm stupid.

D

Deleted member

Well, exactly, flyinfilipino. I'm not saying K. Rool is an impossibility, because I'm one of those ****ed visitors to these boards aside from the three people SkylerOcon likes, but rather that he is not likely. Saying that he is assumes too much about Sakurai and even who will lead the game's development - the only characters likely or certain are in Brawl or mentioned heavily, like Ridley, Samurai Goroh, Lyn. I'd say that K. Rool was in the same realm as Bowser Jr. - unlikely until further details are given by Sakurai and co.

D

Deleted member

Man this King K. Rool and Dixie Kong arguement must stop. They both have there flaws. How about no new Dk Reps and add more characters from sereies that have just one rep like Metriod and F-Zero.
Personally, I would like to see K. Rool as the villain of the franchise, although not ahead of respective characters in those lesser-represented serials you speak of. Ridley and Samurai Goroh were so close to being full characters in Brawl that their likelihood is unquestionable and undebatable, even by personal opinion - who doesn't want these two characters in?

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Why would you want Samurai Goroh? I would like Takamaru instead, because he is an actual samurai. Not some hybrid samurai racer person. I'd like more franchises in general represented. Takamaru would be great because he is an actual samurai and would specialize in sword fighting, and maybe some magic mixed in some attacks (because he had some in his game). If Samurai Goroh and Takamaru both got in they'd be clones of each other :urg:

I don't think every franchise should have a villain. Like Fire Emblem, if it gets a 3rd rep, it doesn't need a villain. I don't know who would be the new FE Lord rep. I think the only new villans who should get in are Ridley, K Rool, and Mewtwo because those are the most substantial villains. More villains might be ok, but they will get in the way of many more single-protagonist characters or sidekick characters like for a 3rd MOTHER rep or any of the unknown single protagonist reps like Sukapon or DeMille.

I personally wouldn't want Dixie to come in. She'd be too much similar to Diddy Kong. We already have two monkeys (DK and Diddy), I think it would be more substantial and add more variety to have a crocodile character (K Rool).

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Any credibility you had after I took away all your credibility is now gone. Lyn has no chance in hell, much less compared to K. Rool. The only new FE character will be the main FE lord from a FE game that comes out before SSB4. No, not Shadow Dragon.

And there are a good portion of people who prefer Black Shadow to Samurai Goroh such as myself because he's pretty much the only way we can unclone Ganon.

Assist Trophies/Bosses in Brawl were decided early on that they wern't going to be playable characters. They don't mean anything. Andross an assist trophy over Krystal or even Leon/Slippy? You've got to be kidding me. Much less the majority of the other assist trophies/bosses.

The fact that K. Rool wasn't mentioned is a good thing in his favor if anything, it means he wasn't just slapped onto an extra slot due to actually being considered to be playable more likely then not. Notice how we have no DK assist trophy?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Personally, I would like to see K. Rool as the villain of the franchise
Good so far...

although not ahead of respective characters in those lesser-represented serials you speak of.
Uh-oh...

Ridley is the only character that should have priority over K. Rool. EVER. I'm glad you realize that much, but as much as I hate to say it, Donkey Kong deserves a third rep far more than F-Zero deserves a second.

Ridley and Samurai Goroh were so close to being full characters in Brawl that their likelihood is unquestionable and undebatable, even by personal opinion - who doesn't want these two characters in?
...wut?

Ridley and Goroh weren't even part of the forbidden seven! Do you know anything about this game? I believe (feel free to correct me I'm wrong) that Black Shadow pretty much destroyed Goroh on Sakurai's poll, and I want him in so that I can get a decloned Ganon.

Ridley and K. Rool's likelihood is unquestionable and undebatable. However, Goroh has no chance in hell next to Black Shadow.

D

Deleted member

Any credibility you had after I took away all your credibility is now gone. Lyn has no chance in hell, much less compared to K. Rool. The only new FE character will be the main FE lord from a FE game that comes out before SSB4. No, not Shadow Dragon.

And there are a good portion of people who prefer Black Shadow to Samurai Goroh such as myself because he's pretty much the only way we can unclone Ganon.

Assist Trophies/Bosses in Brawl were decided early on that they wern't going to be playable characters. They don't mean anything. Andross an assist trophy over Krystal or even Leon/Slippy? You've got to be kidding me. Much less the majority of the other assist trophies/bosses.

The fact that K. Rool wasn't mentioned is a good thing in his favor if anything, it means he wasn't just slapped onto an extra slot due to actually being considered to be playable more likely then not. Notice how we have no DK assist trophy?
Stop talking about my credibility any time I make a prediction, jeez. I realise Lyn has no chance, but I'm just saying, she is obviously more in Sakurai's mind then K. Rool - where's his trophy, his assist trophy? There's barely a mention of him besides a sticker, but I'm not one-hundred percent sure on that - my knowledge of stickers is pretty pathetic.

You could be right on Black Shadow's popularity, but Goroh has been with the series since the beginning and is generally thought of as Falcon's end-all rival, unless the general Smash boards opinion on that has wavered in the six months that I had been away [which is why I'm rusty with this debating].

The remedy to that 'no DK character is heavily utilised' argument is that Dixie Kong was, in fact, one of the characters found to have unfinished data in the game; the forbidden seven. K. Rool has no mention anywhere in the game - Dixie does. Facts are that K. Rool was quite forgotten in Brawl and it doesn't look like he was planned on being in at all. Also, even if Dixie and P&M were probably clones, no similar effort was made for the King, of which he could easily have been made a [crappy] Bowser clone.

Ridley is the only character that should have priority over K. Rool. EVER. I'm glad you realize that much, but as much as I hate to say it, Donkey Kong deserves a third rep far more than F-Zero deserves a second.

Ridley and Goroh weren't even part of the forbidden seven! Do you know anything about this game? I believe (feel free to correct me I'm wrong) that Black Shadow pretty much destroyed Goroh on Sakurai's poll, and I want him in so that I can get a decloned Ganon.

Ridley and K. Rool's likelihood is unquestionable and undebatable. However, Goroh has no chance in hell next to Black Shadow.
Personally, I would prefer that every character has two representatives over certain ones having three - a villain and a hero at least, so some match-ups can be made by those imaginative kids who still play with action figures *blushes*.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=1396499&postcount=1

Unless this post is incorrect (its source is gone), it doesn't seem that any F-Zero characters were on the poll. The reliability of the poll is questionable, though - doesn't it go off how many times a character is mentioned in the article, and why such a small number attached to each character if not, as well as such a tiny amount of characters? This is Japan for crying out loud. I don't see how Black Shadow would mean the end of cloned Ganon, it would most likely happen, but simply be a coincidence if the two were in SSB4.

Goroh's chances are hardly 'no chance in hell' bad - where has this thinking come from? Back prior to Brawl's release, plenty of people were placing him in the "definite" category and he was well-liked by most people. Seeing Goroh as an assist trophy was a heart-breaker for some.

I see no reason why we couldn't have a cloned Black Shadow and an original Goroh in SSB4, considering the lesser time it takes to clone than construct something all-new.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Happy 800th page. Happy 800th page, everyone.

Wow...a rare occurrence...a spam/filler post from me...

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
noooooooo keep toon link in its the same thing as young link, but better i think.king k rule i can care less. ridly i dont care. black shadow yes. bowers jr yes. and for the love of god GIVE YOISH SOME LOVE
Opinions opinions buddy. You can't change someone's mind oh and Toon Link is just a pathetic ******* clone but unless they declone him he will be good to go.

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
Ooohh...A fierce debate.

I'll go ahead and nominate Travis Touchdown.

But...on the Subject at hand...

King R kool outweighs Dixie in more than just weight.

And who's to say Black Shadow has more potential than Samurai Guroh. Just because you say so doesn't make it true. If that worked then Id say my half eaten bag of funions have a better chance than Ridley.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Okay this is what I don't get. Why is there a fanbase for Jigglypuff and why are there fans for her. She sucks.

Can't believe for a character like that she has fans. But a fanbase. Your kidding me.

D

Deleted member

Okay this is what I don't get. Why is there a fanbase for Jigglypuff and why are there fans for her. She sucks.

Can't believe for a character like that she has fans. But a fanbase. Your kidding me.
She's one of the original twelve, stupid. Whether your little brain greenlights the notion or not, she's always going to be in Smash Bros.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Oh good point. Forgot about that.,

I think for SSB4. The total amount of playable characters should be 48.

first had 12, second has 25, third had 35, and I think 4th should have 48 makes it fair.

Characters that will most likely be in as playable characters are King K. Rool, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Megaman. Pretty sure about that. Black Shadow may have a chance too.

Also I hope for Mewtwo as well. He needs to return. Take Lucario out and bring back Mewtwo.

Agi

Smash Lord

*gives a nicer response*

Before SSB64 was released, Jigglypuff was the #1 popular Pokemon in Japan, comparable to Pikachu stateside. Don't ask me why she was so popular, all that matters is that she was. Now that she is a regularly occuring character in Smash Bros, we can expect her in all the rest, fanbase or not.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
The Characters that will most likey be playable in SSB4 are King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, and Megaman.

I wonder what other characters will most likey be playable in SSB4 as well.

I also say Lucario should be taken out and bring back Mewtwo.

D

Deleted member

first had 12, second has 25, third had 35, and I think 4th should have 48 makes it fair.
You need to lay off the crack pipe. :laugh:

MegaMan, eh? No indication of him being wanted in Brawl, so I very much doubt he'll be in SSB4 with the currently gloomy prospects of its existence. Someone from Capcom commented on how they'd not been contacted by Nintendo over using the character, shortly before Brawl's release.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Dixie was slated to be on a team with diddy kong. She was never considered to be her own character.

On Sakurai's biggest poll that had 200+ votes in strictly the Donkey Kong section, the only options available were Diddy, Diddy and Dixie, and K. Rool. Dixie alone wasn't on the poll at all. And yes K. Rool has a trophy, it'd be blasphemey if he didn't have that. Not that it really matters. Diddy didn't have a trophy in Melee for whatever reason. He was probably intended to be in Melee and that he should've over the rest of that mostly crappy roster.

Ridley deserves to be in over K. Rool, but Sakurai clearly thinks making a moveset for him would be hard, as he is a horribly uncreative individual when it comes to moveset making. Thus I say K. Rool is more likely then Ridley solely due to Sakurai's bias, but Ridley is still of course highly likely.

And F-Zero is just too obscure as a franchise to get 3 characters or 2 characters over DK getting 3. It's a slap to the face that Mother of all series even got a second character before it. DK is in the top 10 best selling franchises ever created, higher then Metroid and rivaling Zelda in that regard, so don't tell me it's obscure, whether or not the recent games suck.

Being an assist trophy or boss means nothing. The only character in that category who had a serious shot of getting in was Ridley. If you're slated to be one, you were decided early on that you wern't going to be a playable character.

Oh, and K. Rool literally can't be a Bowser clone unless he grows a shell. He can't use Bowser up B, dsmash, nair, dair, bair and usmash, and while Sakurai could shove fire breath into him, that would be extremely low.

Roihu

Smash Ace
The Characters that will most likey be playable in SSB4 are King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, and Megaman.

I also say Lucario should be taken out and bring back Mewtwo.
Says who?
These are just SPECULATIONS, Mike.
These aren't confirmed at all.
Mike, seriously, how old are you?

gantrain05

Smash Master
nope, link is the pathetic crapass clone, the first versions of link were in toon or young form, not adult link, thats only been in a couple zelda games, honestly link should have started off as young link and link should be the one getting the boot.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
nope, link is the pathetic crapass clone, the first versions of link were in toon or young form, not adult link, thats only been in a couple zelda games, honestly link should have started off as young link and link should be the one getting the boot.
What the. Are you serious Dude or dudette. How is Link the ******* clone. h
e's teh main Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom